The Sims 2: Castaway PSP

7.3

1. BethM.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I loved the graphics and detail. It has an amazing story line. Confused though as to how to get the sims married. The option is there, but nothing happens. The best sims game thus far.
  2. YuriG.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Nothing like it. I bought this game looking for something new that looked great on the psp. Water and scenery, ambience make you feel like you really are in this island,very impressed. I particularly like the freshness of the game. Without giving away too much, there is a story line and quite a bit of discovering here, I enjoyed the eye candy one Island to another. The variety of the Nothing like it. I bought this game looking for something new that looked great on the psp. Water and scenery, ambience make you feel like you really are in this island,very impressed. I particularly like the freshness of the game. Without giving away too much, there is a story line and quite a bit of discovering here, I enjoyed the eye candy one Island to another. The variety of the islands and adventures were well thought out. Monkeys can get a bit annoying yet funny at times. I hope this is not just an expansion but a totally new standalone game... if so i'd be sure to look into the sequel. Expand
  3. AlyssaH
    Apr 26, 2008
    Its the best game ever! I love love it. Im very far in it. (I like almost all the Sims games!!)
  4. NipunV
    Dec 19, 2009
    This game really rocks!!!Although somewhat confusing,i liked its building-a-new-life feature.I've played it on PS2,and soon on the PSP too.Best game on PSP+PS2,according to me!!!
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    Create up to 6 sims characters of your own and struggle to survive in the island jungles. It is a fun game but it has long loading times and confusing options.
  6. Jan 20, 2012
    Love this game better than any sims series. I wish there was a Sims 3: Castaway. If there is I will be happy. I like it because it is more adventurous than any sims series out there. All of the sims series, you are cooped in a house and can only see your neighbors but it this game you will see mountains and befriend chimps.
  7. Mar 11, 2013
    Sims 2 Castaway for PSP is really fun. But, there's a problem with getting through the ancient gate in the cave, even with the gnome cheat. Also, when I build the canoe on the second island, it says I don't have enough energy to go, even when it's full.
  8. Jul 19, 2016
    This is probably the best Sims game because of its adventurous location. There are so many possibilities to stay alive and you are having so much fun on these island that you nearly want to get castaway.

1. Once all of your goals are completed, you get a feeling of accomplishment, but lose some of the replayablity of other Sims games - you've seen one uncharted island, you've seen 'em all - and the thought of having to harvest all those vines, chop wood, find berries, pick leaves, catch fish, light fires, build furniture, find shelter and identify plants might not sound appealing.
    While it gives an interesting twist on the standard shipwreck concept, the hampered nature of the guidebooks, strange placement of plans in menus and continual micromanagement does hampers the fun of the title.
    The Sims 2: Castaway might have a few issues, but it's the most enjoyable console entry for the franchise thus far.