The Sims 2 PSP

6.9

1. EthanH.
    Dec 2, 2005
    The Sims 2 is all about strange Town for PSP and its a bit weird for The Sims but it is one of the best games eva!
  2. MatH.
    Aug 22, 2006
    I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME! Even though the loading of this game sucks, I liked playing the mini games for simolines.
  3. DomdomP.
    Jul 14, 2006
    Yes, as you have all heard the loading is terrible. Also i think it is a bit sad that you cant just free play your sims and build your own houses like in the pc version. I think MAXIS should have at least fixed the loading problem before releasing it.
  4. SthigS.
    Dec 12, 2005
    gameplay is hindered by the constant reading and writing of data to the game.
  5. MarkT.
    Dec 25, 2005
    Yes, the loading is a pain. But I still enjoy playing this for the odd few minutes here or there, because it's funny, and funny is too rare in games.
  6. SillieC.
    Oct 21, 2006
    I hate all of the ghost whoever came up with that was stupid. If you had a sims game not based on ghost you would make a better profit, please come up w/ something better
  7. PoopdeckP.
    Mar 21, 2009
    This game was entertaining, but only took me about 30minutes-1hour 30minutes- to complete. Yes, the loading was very unacceptable. And I am very dissappointed because it got boring easily, I really wish their was some kind of cheat to unlock free play, because now that I have finished it, finding all the secrets just seems pointless and a time waister.
  8. JanH.
    Dec 15, 2005
    This could have been an easy 8 or 9. But as you've heard a million times by now, loading times make it virtually unplayable. Don't think that you wil be the one person to find the loading times acceptable =( If there's one positive, it's that this purchase (and subsequent ebay sale) has pushed me to buy the pc version. Oowee.
  9. LaraB.
    Dec 28, 2005
    This game could have been AMAZING for all SIMS fans, but the loading time is unacceptable. They NEVER should have released the game without fixing that issue. There is just no excuse for that kind of game flaw.
  10. Nov 8, 2011
    This is one of the best Sims games I have ever played. The PSP version has a unique story, taking place in a town called Strangetown. I has a spooky theme to it but there is a lot of customization and a lot to do.
  11. Dec 28, 2011
    Even know the game is good it like terrible for me the pc is better than the pc. The Sims 2 for psp i played a couple years ago and still i think it ain,t a good game cause of weird stuff.
  12. Apr 9, 2013
    The sims 2 PSP, I think its safe to say that I was surprised with this handheld port from the series. I think the game did extremely well by having the charm to the fans of the series. The story was dark at points which was not done yet in the franchise. Everytime the story progressed, I wanted to see more and more of the game until it was done. I also love the idea that Bella Goth, AThe sims 2 PSP, I think its safe to say that I was surprised with this handheld port from the series. I think the game did extremely well by having the charm to the fans of the series. The story was dark at points which was not done yet in the franchise. Everytime the story progressed, I wanted to see more and more of the game until it was done. I also love the idea that Bella Goth, A character who was in the Sims PC and consoles (Including Busting Out) Sims 2 and now Sims 3 reveals that she only married Mortimer for the money but she does give you his mansion to stay...But this does bring up a plot hole in the story. Where is Motimer, even Cassandra. TBH it doesnt really matter, I didnt really use the house that much anyway. As I owned this game when I was a kid, Think how scared I was when I saw that monster is the third area of the town you unlock. It was harder to relise who this person was because I only went outside during the day, not the night. I havmt re-visited the game in a while but I can say that this game is way more superior to the DS. Not as superior to the PS2/XBox port and definatly not the PC versoin but it is still a game that is worth playing. If you see the game and your curious, pick it up. wont regret it. Expand
  13. May 12, 2015
    Let me start off by saying the loading sucks! Walking out of your house? Load for 2 minutes.... going to another house? Load for 2 minutes. Second, You can't change your house layout!!!! I do like the game overall because it feels like a Sims game, but only by a long shot....
  14. Nov 29, 2015
    I used to play this all the time as a kid it has a really good story to it! It's not like the regular sims where you get to create your household.. You have one sim and you go through a story mode so it's really fun I loved it.
  15. Jul 6, 2016
    Picked it up years ago expecting it to be a mediocre The Sims game and I was left alone with this spooky third-person survival mystery adventure (lol) kind of game. I still have no idea what that was, but it sure as hell left a good taste in my mouth! The concept was suprisingly very interesting. I'd recommend playing this game.

It's fair to say that Sims 2 for the PSP would've been among the best of the console ports, but a couple of glaring issues drag it down. In particular, the load times are a nightmare.
    The addition of perks and secrets, not to mention mini-games and the sanity meter, help keeps things fresh. The coolest change blends a focused, genuinely funny story with the open-ended gameplay that fans have come to love.
  3. The worst and most obvious problem with the game is the constant loading. Performing just about any action--going indoors or outdoors, playing a minigame, beginning a conversation with someone, ending a conversation with someone--causes the game to load for a good second or two.