Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 PSP

tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. AngieLi
    Oct 3, 2006
    Suberb graphics! The visuals are as nice as the consoles. Gameplay hasn't changed much but the new PGA mode is a big bonus. Again, wicked work on the art direction EA!
  2. K.V.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 is very addictive and is almost everything I believe a golf game should be. That said, when playing in career mode, once you get about half-way through your 3-year career it becomes a bit more tedious and less challenging. The learning curve was quite steep in the beginning, but once you've mastered your accuracy and putting, the game becomes a lot less Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 is very addictive and is almost everything I believe a golf game should be. That said, when playing in career mode, once you get about half-way through your 3-year career it becomes a bit more tedious and less challenging. The learning curve was quite steep in the beginning, but once you've mastered your accuracy and putting, the game becomes a lot less difficult. The more events/tournaments you win, the more items you unlock for purchase and the more points you get to put towards your attributes. You can also restart tournament events that you aren't doing so well in, so that you can replay the event until you come out on top (which earns you the most money for attribute-enhancing clothing/clubs/etc.). The problem with being able to restart the events is that you will top out all of your attributes and make more money than you can possibly spend by the time you have finished roughly 12-16 months of your 36-month career. Another small niggle I noticed straight away is the fact that while you can hear the crowd cheering when you make a particularly great shot, you never see any crowd around you. This may sound silly, but it takes something away from the game. I will hear the raucous cheer for my tee shot, but the area surrounding me is completely devoid of people. Strange. What keeps me coming back to this game is the great scenery and the need to master this game and be the best virtual golfer I can be. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 gets most of it right, and it instills a desire to master the game. If you have a competetive streak in you and enjoy sports genre gaming, this game should definitely be in your PSP collection. There is some good replay value to be had from the mini-games and multi-player modes included as well. Because Metacritic does not allow half ratings, I will say that I believe this game is actually more of an 8.5, rather than just an 8. Expand

1. It's impossible to work out why some shots are brilliant, whereas others are rubbish despite you seemingly doing exactly the same thing twice. Good game, but one kept firmly in check by PSP's limitations. [Nov 2006, p.83]
  2. Failing to fix the biggest problem of last year's game is the real issue with this release, and that sours all of the improvements a little. Even so, this is an easy update to justify picking up. [Nov, 2006, p.122]
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 is the best Tiger Wood's game on the PSP, but it's not all that different from it's predecessor.