7.6

1. HojunJ.
    Mar 25, 2005
    This is awesome as Diablo series in PC. Like most of SOE games, Untold legends shows enough what hack'n slash is. Just buy and play. You'll know.
  2. Willie`L
    Mar 30, 2005
    For a portable game, it has all the elements you want in a hack & slash. It does fine justice to the RPG genre who are all about mass spiders, pick-ups and monsters. It's a bit hard to figure out where you are, but at least your areas to cover aren't Everquest-large.
  3. JasonG.
    Apr 20, 2005
    I give it an 8.5 rounding up to a 9. The game is just plain great. Basically, if you were a fan of either Diablo & Diablo 2, or Champions of Norrath for PS2, you'll like this game. It adds elements of both games, all the parts of which I enjoyed. The skill tree setup holds the same ideals as both sets of games, as well as the way you distribute stat points. The gameplay is fluid, and I give it an 8.5 rounding up to a 9. The game is just plain great. Basically, if you were a fan of either Diablo & Diablo 2, or Champions of Norrath for PS2, you'll like this game. It adds elements of both games, all the parts of which I enjoyed. The skill tree setup holds the same ideals as both sets of games, as well as the way you distribute stat points. The gameplay is fluid, and it's great to see a nice D2 style game finally rendered in nice resolution 3d. The fire/ice/death effects are cool additions to the game, and really show off the capability of the system. Not to mention it's all in the palm(s) of your hand! So because SOE found a way to stick a ton of great features into a fluid launch title... 9.0 Pick up this game... It's certainly worth the money, and you won't be disappointed in this handheld title. Can't wait to see where the games go on this system, as they can only get better. Expand
  4. Xionunborn
    Sep 28, 2005
    The graphics r awsome. how many games have that much action, i mean really!
  5. AshJ.
    Dec 22, 2005
    A game that will keep u entertained for weeks with different races spells dwords axes bows etc..... this game is well worth buyin if u in to rpg and everquests games i think this game should be bought by all hack an slash gamers and the lv up system is good. 10/10 =) ps i enjoyed it i think this game is aimed at teens!
  6. BlakeT.
    Apr 3, 2005
    Just look at the difference between the "professional" reviews and the user reviews. User reviews average around 9 while the pros give it around 6? That is all you need to know. I have 9 of the PSP launch titles and have played them all. This game is by far the best! Seriously, it is as much fun as Diablo was on the PC. Graphics are great. Music is wonderful.
  7. EvanZ.
    Apr 5, 2005
    Love it! Not as cool as diablo, but it adds a nice, good ol' fashioned butt-kicking element to the PSP!
  8. JohnS.
    Apr 6, 2005
    while i dont agree with the low ratings from all the game sites, BOTB does lack in some areas. its just about as fun as diablo but a combination of both Diablo II and BOTB would rock. graphics are great and gameplay is fun and not too simple. i would have prefered more traditional classes like mage instead of alchemist, with more traditional mage spells. i hoped for more skills but while i dont agree with the low ratings from all the game sites, BOTB does lack in some areas. its just about as fun as diablo but a combination of both Diablo II and BOTB would rock. graphics are great and gameplay is fun and not too simple. i would have prefered more traditional classes like mage instead of alchemist, with more traditional mage spells. i hoped for more skills but i'm not dissapointed so far. i think if it was more of a Diablo II clone i would have gave it a ten. i really miss treasure hunting in diablo II, while its pretty easy to find really good gear, the gear itself isnt as fun to find as diablo gear and i'm slightly dissapointed by the lack of different looking armors. i would also wish for the camera to be slightly more angled. even with all my complaints, this is a good PSP title to get regardless of all the game site reviews. so far i've played ridge racer, NFSU, twisted metal, and NFL street. to be honest i enjoyed them all pretty equally including UL BOTB. its worth the 40 + bucks. Expand
  9. Pettiforj
    Apr 7, 2005
    Errrr hello......wake up so called official reviewer's....this game is GREAT.... Ok ignore the intro with its PANTS story and funny little 80's style pictures... WAKE up to the game and ENJOY this fantastic piece of graphical adventure action ROMP...SUPERB... I very nearly didn't buy this game because of those awful reviews...actually has me concerned about trusting these Errrr hello......wake up so called official reviewer's....this game is GREAT.... Ok ignore the intro with its PANTS story and funny little 80's style pictures... WAKE up to the game and ENJOY this fantastic piece of graphical adventure action ROMP...SUPERB... I very nearly didn't buy this game because of those awful reviews...actually has me concerned about trusting these professional reviews NOW... This game is truly addictive...WARNING Expand
  10. NinjaC.
    Apr 9, 2005
    First game I picked up with the PSP. I'm just blown away with the capabilites. So moving from GBA to PSP there is no comparison. With Untold Legends I was able to get my fix on RPG/Hack and Slash while travelling in a plane. I love the addictive gameplay. I don't care what type of ratings it's getting.
  11. NathanJ.
    May 5, 2005
    Very well put together game.
  12. JamesH.
    Apr 28, 2006
    I found the game to be captivating and very enjoyable.
  13. KyleC.
    Apr 23, 2005
    This game is good for a handheld system just like dark alliance doungeouns and dragosn ect...
  14. K.G.
    Apr 6, 2005
    Great game I highly recommend it.
  15. Eduardo
    Jul 22, 2005
    Really cool game. I love it.
  16. AaronC.
    Jan 23, 2006
    HEY! Let's talk turkey. Will this game change your life? No. But...if you ever enjoyed the Baldur's Gate series (on consoles) or Champions or Norrath or even Diablo 1 or 2, then you WILL enjoy this game. A lot. It's got a lot of action, an interesting story and plenty of magic items to kit your customizable warrior out with. And here's something that the reviewers HEY! Let's talk turkey. Will this game change your life? No. But...if you ever enjoyed the Baldur's Gate series (on consoles) or Champions or Norrath or even Diablo 1 or 2, then you WILL enjoy this game. A lot. It's got a lot of action, an interesting story and plenty of magic items to kit your customizable warrior out with. And here's something that the reviewers (positive or negative) never mention: it has awesome art and character designs. The world has a medieval/futuristic touch to it that makes for some cool-looking items and areas. Give it a shot, PSP RPG fans! Expand
  17. ZemZ.
    Jun 21, 2007
    UL is a great game, not very orrigtional but great non the less.if you've played diablo 2 & loved it then you'll love UL, the two games are extremly simaler. a great portable hack & slash.
  18. GarryF.
    Nov 20, 2005
    Great story, vey playable, hundreds of hours to complete - love it!
  19. TonyO.
    Mar 29, 2005
    Awesome! Dont let them fool you. if your a return to arms fan then your in for a treat!
  20. J.P.P.
    Apr 11, 2005
    Awesome game. Amazing graphics. Incredible variation of weapons. Really addicting. I almost played for ten hours straight. Gotta have game for the PSP!!!!!
  21. SamN.
    Apr 11, 2005
    What a wonderful game it was! Since I have found other games could not play for long, such as some of Racing games,but it did! It will use lots of your time to play but I think it worth. I was the fans of Diablo and like such ARPG genre so much.
  22. AlexC.
    Apr 21, 2005
    This is a really good game. i recommend it to anyone who enjoys RPGs.
  23. AlexA.
    May 13, 2005
    This game is the best!!!
  24. AndrewW.
    Jun 15, 2005
    I just finished the game or at least finished all of the quests I think and enjoyed it very much. Couldn't put it down. I wish Sony offered online multiplayer for this like Diablo.
  25. MattM.
    Jun 16, 2005
    I'm about done wiht this game and it is one of the funnest games i have experienced in a long time.
  26. MichaelZachary
    Feb 11, 2008
    Y o this is probly one of the best rpg ever. You get get new armour, you can upgrade yourself and thier are a lot ofstyleish moves in the game the only thing bad is the adio but thats why i gave it a ten like said it is like the best rpg for psp.

#7 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#18 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

It's a solid first-wave title, while the awesome 3D engine and multiplayer game makes it a truly new experience in the portable arena. Let's just hope the next legend that SOE tells has more surprises.
    Does a fair job of showing off the PSP's technical prowess. As a fairly straightforward hack-and-slash RPG, Untold Legends fits the bill. Just don't expect it to match the bliss that is "Diablo II."
  3. There's not much enthusiasm in Untold Legends. This leaves a game that, while hitting most of the necessary bullet points, is just going through the motions.