Virtua Tennis: World Tour PSP

• Release Date: Oct 7, 2005
8.8

1. SalB.
    Jul 16, 2007
    I have played the game and it is great. the graphics are good and itts fun to play. right from the start from when you create your own character up t the part where you are rank 1 (king of players tournament).
  2. BenG.
    Aug 30, 2005
    The best game on PSP I have played.
  3. MartinA.
    Sep 16, 2005
    For years I've been searching for a decent tennis game, that utilizes a systems capabilities.... I never thought I'd find it on PSP! This is an excellent title, which could even get non-tennis fans hooked. Only thing stopping this receiving a 10 from me, the load times. Slow before a match, and the slight pause when a point is won can be very annoying.
  4. ManicM.
    Sep 4, 2005
    Top notch gaming fun, this is the first game i've bought for my import psp from my own teritory. It seems to have lots of replay value to it. now i've got used to the controls and getting better at the putting spin on the ball its showing it not all just trying to hit wide of the opponent.
  5. BrentP.
    Jan 2, 2006
    I stopped playing games some time ago, then, I decided to buy a PSP. I couldn't figure out what game to buy on it, so, I checked out the ratings for different games. So, I decided to buy VT and I'm not much of a tennis game fan, but, this game is highly underrated! I bought the game a few days ago and can't put it down. The great things about it are: the aiming ability, the I stopped playing games some time ago, then, I decided to buy a PSP. I couldn't figure out what game to buy on it, so, I checked out the ratings for different games. So, I decided to buy VT and I'm not much of a tennis game fan, but, this game is highly underrated! I bought the game a few days ago and can't put it down. The great things about it are: the aiming ability, the graphics, the real life characteristics of the tennis pros, and the ease of learning how to play. The down side is, it takes forever to load. Other than that, it's a great game, beyond my expectations! Expand
  6. HarryB.
    Apr 23, 2006
    This game is really well done. No frills and just great gameplay. It's fun to play and straight to the point. Highly recommended if you like to play video tennis.
  7. IAXAK
    Jul 20, 2006
    i got a psp, couldnt decide what game to get. read about virtua tennis, and decided to pick it up. this game is superb! one of the best games made for psp and there arent many good games for psp out there. comparing it to GTA is ridiculous. get only VT and Tony Hawk, and u wont need to buy another game for months.
  8. SarahH.
    Nov 20, 2005
    This game is one of the best i have ever played. It is superb and should be made available on other game consoles.
  9. Looneyw
    Nov 5, 2005
    Fun game and its tennis infact there is no diffrence between this version and the dreamcast version. i dont understand these people comparing this game to GTA thats like comparing ball to a box it dont make sense.
  10. ShaneM.
    Oct 19, 2005
    This is the best game ever!!!! They should make more tennis games for the psp.
  11. JonT.
    Oct 25, 2005
    I'm sorry, but this game blows GTA out of the f-ing water with a rocket launcher...simply stunning. Do NOT waste your time with GTA LCS - the two games just do not compare.
  12. ChrisH.
    Oct 25, 2005
    This game truly surpasses all expectations of a tennis game on the PSP. All this hype about GTA LCS is pissing me off because the game is sub-par. I bought that piece of shit and didn't like the terrible graphics/easy missions. Virtua Tennis really exhibits replay value and amazing versatility. This game makes my PSP a playable system.
  13. MartinR.
    Jul 20, 2006
    Absolutey flawless conversion in gameplay and graphics. There is so much in there you will never tire of this title.
  14. MikeG.
    Jul 29, 2006
    One awesome sports game, building your charicters stats helps your skills in the game, couldnt find any flaws in the game. no gimmicks, just great tennis.
  15. Chalky
    Aug 4, 2006
    I havent yet got this title but after borrowing it off a m8 it was a must have. i agree that the range of players is low but the gameplay can never get old the same way that every year loads of people go out and buy fifa even though all the have changed is players haircuts and the odd transfer.
    Aug 25, 2005
  17. Someguy
    Aug 25, 2005
    Ace!
  18. FernandoC.
    Aug 28, 2005
    This game will be off the hook!!!!! Nice graphics=Good gameplay.
  19. AutriD.
    Sep 26, 2005
    A terrific game. I live, breathe & sleep tennis and it's impressive the extent to which the game captures the game's subtleties. For example, the better set you are before you take a shot, the better your shot is. The higher the ball when you hit it, the harder your shot. The World mode is a very satisfying way to improve your skills and work your way up the professional A terrific game. I live, breathe & sleep tennis and it's impressive the extent to which the game captures the game's subtleties. For example, the better set you are before you take a shot, the better your shot is. The higher the ball when you hit it, the harder your shot. The World mode is a very satisfying way to improve your skills and work your way up the professional rankings. The graphics are detailed with pretty realistic physics for the ball and the controls are intuitive and fluid. It's easy to learn how to play, and it gets better as you improve. My favorite PSP game by far. Expand
  20. Jul 21, 2015
    The modern pong with all the modern gaming frills. This game is simple but fun with amusingly real sound design and TV coverage like cinematics in between points. You can play as any of the top seeded pros on the circuit circa 2006.

1. This is a must-have title on PSP. World Tour shows how to combine sporting simulation with easy arcade style and accessibility. The Roger Federer of tennis games. [PSM2]
    Whilst Virtua Tennis: World Tour isn't exactly a new game, it's bloody good fun, and even better in wi-fi mode. One of the games of the [Australian] PSP launch.
  3. Minor quibbles aside, Virtua Tennis World Tour is close to a ten-out-of-ten game on the PSP, and in many respects it deserves top marks for being the best game on the system, and one of our most played games in 25 years of repetitive straining.