Wipeout Pure PSP

• Release Date: Mar 16, 2005
7.9

1. ZemZ.
    Jul 2, 2007
    Wipout pure for a launch title is a fbulous game. however the PSP has been lauched a long time & wipout has stopped shining. it's a fun enogh game but the boring tracks are much too limited in number, the techno tunes get old fast (& i like techno) & there is no scence of speed, when i'm going 150 i shouldn't feel like i'm going 75. stil visually impresive, raceing Wipout pure for a launch title is a fbulous game. however the PSP has been lauched a long time & wipout has stopped shining. it's a fun enogh game but the boring tracks are much too limited in number, the techno tunes get old fast (& i like techno) & there is no scence of speed, when i'm going 150 i shouldn't feel like i'm going 75. stil visually impresive, raceing fanatics will find fun here but casuall racers would be better off with midnightclub3 or NFS. Expand
  2. J.L.
    Mar 25, 2005
    Um,... i think the way to sum up this game is a forward walk in reverse. While Wipeout Fusion on PS2 was extremely revolutionary for the Wipeout series, Wipeout Pure is a graphically advanced rehash of the all the PSOne wipeouts. blah,... come on give us something more. Wipeout Fusion had wider tracks, more loops, and reasonable challenge from both the tracks and opponents. Wipeout Pure Um,... i think the way to sum up this game is a forward walk in reverse. While Wipeout Fusion on PS2 was extremely revolutionary for the Wipeout series, Wipeout Pure is a graphically advanced rehash of the all the PSOne wipeouts. blah,... come on give us something more. Wipeout Fusion had wider tracks, more loops, and reasonable challenge from both the tracks and opponents. Wipeout Pure contained nothing more than the same narrow tracks, boring jumps, boring twist and turns and stupid opponents that were representative of the old wipeout series. How exciting can that be? Its not exciting enough for this gamer. Logically, when a game is ancient...it's ancient, period!!! If iim shelling out $40, give us something a little more refreshing please! Nice graphics though. If Sonyplans to release mostly rehashes of older playstation games for the PSP, then I've really wasted the $270 ($250 + tax) bucks i spent on my "new and revolutionary" PSP system. Kinda scary, especially when you see Sony's upcoming game line up. Expand
  3. JasonB.
    Nov 16, 2005
    This game is alot of fun on the go. I love the wipeout games and it works great as a portable. The downloadable content keeps things alive.
  4. Picorian
    Sep 21, 2009
    This game looks great, especially for a PSP, but it just wasn't fun enough to hold my attention for a long time. Great innovation and music soundtrack is great.
  5. May 12, 2011
    I never got into Mario Kart so I'm not exactly the right person to review this but there's not much else to see here. It's basically Mario Kart with futuristic cars. Very beautiful game with an awesome soundtrack but overall, not much different from similar games.

#4 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#3 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

1. The lack of online play and the sheer difficulty for newbies keeps it from attaining GR gold, but we're just happy to see it back on the podium where it belongs.
  2. Pure brilliance.
  3. A handful of new gameplay tweaks, new hovercraft racing classes and a PSP-worthy visual overhaul make WipeOut Pure the best installment in the series since 1996รข??s "WipeOut XL."