8.5

1. Mar 3, 2017
    In the starting area " great plateau" there is endless amounts of things to do and it feels huge! I climbed a mountain to find a shrine and it felt like such a journey. I felt accomplishment something you rarely feel on video games these days.
    This has to be without a doubt game of the year, and as my experience with the game continues i feel like it could possibly be the best game ever made.
  2. Mar 3, 2017
    Stunning in every way, While everyone thought that this Zelda would just copy new games and lose its identity, it showed everyone else how its done. What an amazing time to be a gamer
  3. Mar 3, 2017
    Breath of the Wild broke a lot of records in the history of gaming. By that, I mean it is most likely impossible to find one thing wrong with this game. It's like Nintendo took the base of Ocarina of Time and modernize it to make it look like this game over here. This is why Nintendo will forever remain in my heart no matter where it all goes. I'm telling you this, Breath of the Wild hasBreath of the Wild broke a lot of records in the history of gaming. By that, I mean it is most likely impossible to find one thing wrong with this game. It's like Nintendo took the base of Ocarina of Time and modernize it to make it look like this game over here. This is why Nintendo will forever remain in my heart no matter where it all goes. I'm telling you this, Breath of the Wild has everything... yes, every... single... thing that made Ocarina of Time look like a masterpiece. This is the lost brother of Ocarina of Time and the true brother Ocarina of Time will ever need. Just go buy this game, it wants your money so bad, it wants you to play it so bad, it wants to be your local friend literally bad. I'll be waiting until you get this game. Expand
  4. Mar 4, 2017
    This game is amazing. It's beautiful and It's so fun I just could not put it down. I love going around and exploring and doing the side quests. The gameplay changed things up from previous Zelda games and its great. The music is fantastic. It's just a great game. I love it.
  5. Mar 3, 2017
    Believe the hype. I was skeptical at first, seeing so many 10s and 100s given out to this game. I went blindly into Breath of the Wild knowing nothing about it except for the main trailer of the game. Hours into the game I can only agree: this game is a masterpiece.

There is so much contect, so many things to do, so many places to explore. You are given complete freedom in this adventure, you can even try to beat the game as soon as you start. Freedom and exploration are perhaps the best gameplay aspects, without leaving behind the sheer amount of actions possible: cooking, riding horseback, climbing... Whether you actually beat the story is also up to you, there is so much to invest in this game you might never grow bored of it.

Go play this game. Now. This isn't your typical 10/10 game, it goes beyond that. This game is now videogame history.
  6. Mar 3, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is potent mix of pure Nintendo magic with a strong dose of modern, open-world sensibilities. The combination is something truly wonderful that deserves your time and hard-earned money. Do yourselves a favour and jump right in - the water is just right.
  7. Mar 3, 2017
    Este juego es la perfeccion en cuanto a juegos de mundo abierto y una revolucion en cuanto a la saga de The Legend Of Zelda se refiere. Excelente en todos los aspectos.
  8. Mar 3, 2017
    This is Nintendo! They've done it again! Captivating adventure, unforgettable experience. Lost for words to fully express the way this game makes a player feel. It is unique and you need to find out for yourself what makes it so. An instant classic, no two ways about it.
  9. Mar 3, 2017
    Down with the fake reviews! I totally own this game and it is awesome!Playing it on the Nintendo Switch is great! I hope Nintendo can launch other great games during Switch Life Time.
  10. Mar 3, 2017
    Nintendo ha demostrado que puede innovar en una era donde todo ya está creado, estos 6 años de espera han merecido toda la pena es un juegazo que todos deberían de disfrutar. Han acertado con el mundo abierto, el ciclo día y noche, el clima, las tribus, historias, doblaje, diseño artístico, banda sonora, jugabilidad, dificultad y la combinación de todo eso ha dado como resultado una obraNintendo ha demostrado que puede innovar en una era donde todo ya está creado, estos 6 años de espera han merecido toda la pena es un juegazo que todos deberían de disfrutar. Han acertado con el mundo abierto, el ciclo día y noche, el clima, las tribus, historias, doblaje, diseño artístico, banda sonora, jugabilidad, dificultad y la combinación de todo eso ha dado como resultado una obra maestra. Expand
  11. Mar 3, 2017
    MELHOR ZELDA DESDE OCARINA OF TIME!! da pra perder horas e horas jogando essa LENDA
    joguei a versão do WiiU e mal posso esperar para jogar a versão do switch
  12. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is the most beautiful game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. The game is huge, and yet dense with so much to do in this large, open-world. People wanting a more traditional Zelda title won't get what they desire with this title, but that's not a bad thing. Breath of the Wild is a breakaway from the series that breathes new life into the series just like Ocarina of Time didThis game is the most beautiful game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. The game is huge, and yet dense with so much to do in this large, open-world. People wanting a more traditional Zelda title won't get what they desire with this title, but that's not a bad thing. Breath of the Wild is a breakaway from the series that breathes new life into the series just like Ocarina of Time did back in its day. This game is essential for anyone and everyone to own and play. Why are you reading this review??? Go out and buy this game now! Expand
  13. Mar 3, 2017
    Ignore the Sony and Microsoft fanboys coming on here to rate it 0 to put the user score down. SAD. This game is a MASTERPIECE. Grow up and appreciate the best games. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft do not care about you. You are just a random customer, don't be so overly weird and passionate. The Last of Us and Breath of the Wild are the only 2 games I'd give a full 10 out of 10 so far thisIgnore the Sony and Microsoft fanboys coming on here to rate it 0 to put the user score down. SAD. This game is a MASTERPIECE. Grow up and appreciate the best games. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft do not care about you. You are just a random customer, don't be so overly weird and passionate. The Last of Us and Breath of the Wild are the only 2 games I'd give a full 10 out of 10 so far this decade. Again, MASTERPIECE Expand
  14. Mar 3, 2017
    Game is fabulous.
    Everything about this game sparks the player’s intuition and rewards them with satisfying results.
    The world reeks of charm and every town has multiples of interesting NPCs that still have the classic Zelda quirkiness. Combat is very dynamic and fluid and the ability to challenge yourself by going into later stage areas has a perfect risk and reward feel that
    Game is fabulous.
    Combat is very dynamic and fluid and the ability to challenge yourself by going into later stage areas has a perfect risk and reward feel that encourages you to keep going. Plenty of times I had to remind myself that I should properly follow the main storyline after half an hour in uncharted territory looking for treasure.
    The game has its issues like any game does. The Frame rate drops being the biggest issue, but I can think of plenty of games that had frame rate issues on release and now run smooth.
    Personally I would rate the game a 9, but I’m giving a 10 to try and counteract the obvious troll reviews bring the average down.
    Must buy for a Switch owner or Zelda fan.
  15. Mar 3, 2017
    The game is absolutely incredible! I don't think another game has lived up to the hype like Breath of the Wild has done. Nearly flawless in every way. Game of the Year, Game of the Decade, and possibly Game of the Century!
  16. Mar 3, 2017
    Simply breathtaking and stunning. Nintendo have created something special with this game. Whenever I think I've seen it all, it surprises me suddenly with something I didn't see coming. This is definitely a masterpiece that I will continue to play for years to come.
  17. Mar 3, 2017
    Breathtaking, expansive, deep, with the freedom to go about the game however you please. That, is The Legend of Zelda, when it began, and what it is now.
  18. Mar 3, 2017
  19. Mar 3, 2017
    Beautiful...
    Stunning...
    Inspiring...

As others have said, probably the best Zelda ever; maybe the best game ever. Can't wait to see it's version of Majora Mask
  20. Mar 3, 2017
  21. Mar 3, 2017
    Finally a worthy opponent for OOT!
    The epic world of Hyrule that Nintendo has created is the culmination of the saga The Legend Of Zelda, with the best physics engine we've seen. A video game that will go down in history for its quality and the freedom it offers the player.
    Finally a worthy opponent for OOT!
    Regretfully for Wii U, Nintendo has removed the exclusive console greatest game that has developed the company in its history, Zelda: Breath of The Wild, giving a powerful reason to the world, if you have a console in which play this game, buy it.
  22. Mar 3, 2017
    One of the best gaming experiences of my life. It's hard to describe in words and I can see why some people would feel very salty about not being able to play this game. Masterpiece.
  23. Mar 4, 2017
    So my first day with my switch has been wonderous, exciting and fun filled!

[B]What an amazing console nintendo have produced.. the day started off with the courier knocking my door at 11.10 am with the switch and within the first 15 minutes i had it setup, updated, downloaded and installed FAST RMX. At only £16.99 and under 900mb it couldnt have been a better deal and used minimal
    So my first day with my switch has been wonderous, exciting and fun filled!

At only £16.99 and under 900mb it couldnt have been a better deal and used minimal system memory to have a HD RUMBLE multiplayer game that runs at 60fps and 1080p, it looks stunning amd the soundtrack is pretty awesome too.. but.. my Grandad (who hasnt played a game since the playstation 1) beat me! But i was pleased he did as it showed us just how many people can enjoy the SWITCH.
    It's a pure gaming experience and fun too!

An hour later and my Zelda collectors edition, the collectors guide and my case and screen protector set had arrived.. and i'm simply blown away. The game is beautiful, subtle and deep, it's one hell of an adventure and it has only just begun.. i wont say any more because it is something that has to be played and on a console system that you have to experience.

I have experienced no Joy Con issue's, no low frame rates, no stuttering or overheating.

I have just taken my first step off of the great plateau and as my adventure lays ahead of me i cant help but think that this time round its also Nintendo's turn to take the leap of faith from off of a great plateu and into the Breath Of The Wild,.

Bravo Nintendo, Bravo

24. Mar 3, 2017
    Its amazing how these fanboys come just to zero vote a game they dont even play, the BoTW user score will remain as a reminder of how much damage Sony has caused with his market strategies
  25. Mar 3, 2017
    Great game!

Amazing sound track. Fun gameplay and Mechanics. Nice graphics and art style. So far the story has been good.

If you like Zelda and/or open world games you need to get BOTW.
  26. Mar 3, 2017
    The game is great. As for those saying it is boring or too easy I don't agree. The direction of the game was to explore and solve puzzles. It keeps the Zelda charm while building on the past models.

I still think link to the past is the best Zelda game in the series but for a 3d Zelda this is a must play.
  27. Mar 3, 2017
    The BEST OpenWorld RPG ever created. This is even better than the Witcher 3 in which I've already spent 100+ hours. This game is a must have game of this generation.

I'm playing it on my Wii U and truly speaking, I want to try it on Switch in handheld mode.

truly a gem though.

I'd call it 11/10 because bs games like MGSV and GTA 5 got 10/10 from many media outlets.
  28. Mar 3, 2017
    What open world should be.
    Perfect game.

Soundtrack ✔️
    Gameplay Mechanics ✔️
    Beautiful Artstyle✔️
    Story ✔️

Absolute masterpiece. A must buy for everyone.
  29. Mar 3, 2017
    So far so good! I have not had so much fun exploring in a game, let alone a Zelda game. It really brings back that feeling of wow, this world is so big. I had the exact same feeling when I was ten when OOT came out. Truly feels good.
  30. Mar 3, 2017
    A good game, with a pretty art direction, and incrible things to do and physics systems, for me is the best game i already played ! We have a magical adventure with Link, the definitve hero of the games, thank you nintendo for all!
  31. Mar 3, 2017
    The Legend of Zelda’s prolific, seminal history has been striking the hearts of players across the globe for three decades. Attachment fans have with the series has withstood the test of time thanks to its immense and vibrant world of Hyrule, memorable characters, iconic set pieces, composition, and more. Now the newest Zelda game is finally here and puts players back in Hyrule where theyThe Legend of Zelda’s prolific, seminal history has been striking the hearts of players across the globe for three decades. Attachment fans have with the series has withstood the test of time thanks to its immense and vibrant world of Hyrule, memorable characters, iconic set pieces, composition, and more. Now the newest Zelda game is finally here and puts players back in Hyrule where they must protect the kingdom from the ferocious evil that is Calamity Ganon after being asleep for 100 years. Breath of the Wild breaks out of a lot of classic Zelda traits, while instilling new ones and simultaneously making the world and game familiar for veterans, as well as accessible and eye-opening to new players alike. Breath of the Wild is unlike anything we’ve ever seen before, not just for Zelda standards, but for gaming as a whole.

From the moment you get out of your slumber, you’re invited into the stunning portrait of Hyrule, painted in an exotic green, with the perfect blue hue of the sky and red rays of the sun. It doesn’t take long before you’re on your own and adventuring out into the wilderness, trying to recollect who you are and find your way back as a noble swordsman like you once were.

Breath of the Wild’s map size is huge. Really huge. The gigantic portion of the Great Plateau in which you begin is only a spec on the massive open world you’re put into. However, despite the size, it is surprisingly easy to find your way around thanks to landmarks and other cues that guide the player through the story and where they need to go next, but that doesn’t stop you from going off, exploring, and climbing wherever you please – or even going straight to Ganon if you so choose. It’s quite remarkable how Nintendo was able to build a game so big yet so coherent without ever losing a sense of value or direction. Everything you do feels like it has a purpose, and even if it may not seem like it right away, there will always be something down the line that rewards you for your efforts in whatever it is you do and how you choose to explore. Side quests among other tasks all have a reason and aren’t there to artificially increase the longevity of the game. Every task, every quest, every action impacts you and Hyrule as you see it.
    Hyrule is your playground. Now that you have the ability to go anywhere and do virtually anything, you’ll have to be well equipped – not only with a hefty amount of stamina to climb and run, but with equipment as well. Your weapons will deteriorate and inevitably break over time, which is why you should always be on the lookout for new ones, especially those that enemies drop. Sometimes you’ll feel like you’ve conquered a certain area because you see it as “the easy part of Hyrule”, only to get hit by a flame arrow seconds later that take nearly eight hearts off of you in one hit. Always be on your guard, and if you see your weapon is about to break, you can always throw them directly at an enemy for a critical hit for one last hoorah before having to switch (snap) over to another to defend yourself further. The same will apply to your shield and arrows, and each have their own attributes and strength, so carry whatever you feel is necessary. Even if something is of an extremely low value, when you don’t have much with you, it’s always good to take it with you just in case. I can’t tell you how many close calls I’ve had only to be saved by my measly low level laughable weapons thanks to throwing and headshots. A battle of wits will always conquer a battle of strength.

Breath of the Wild introduces a new cooking system, and it’s an exciting mechanic to say the least. Those familiar with creating recipes by combining various materials gained from monster parts the items scavenged throughout the world in Monster Hunter will have a lot to look forward to. You can take just about any five items in your inventory and throw them into a cooking pot, and chances are it will make something worth having. I’ve noticed, however, that combining elements that make the most sense will give you the most reward. It’s no different from cooking in real life. Vegetables go very well with other vegetables, but sometimes meat will complement the dish as well. Maybe you’d like a nice steak with a side of carrots? Go for it. You’ll gain ten hearts for that alone. Or maybe you’d want to go the seafood route and cook some salmon with suateed mushrooms? Go for it. That’ll restore fifteen hearts and give you a temporary stamina boost as well as an increase in cold resistance. It’s all left up to the player how they want to cook, and with enough food to make the world go round, the possibilities are endless. Every dish will provide you with something useful, even the extremely gross ones.

This game is just simply stunning and amazing! Game of the Century. Called it here (first).
  32. Mar 3, 2017
    "Revolutionary" isn't enough of a word to describe how amazing this game is.

If you're reading this, never mind the haters who gave this negative reviews on purpose to lower the overall score - most haven't even played the game at all.

Play it. It's an absolute must have.
  33. Mar 3, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nintendo has done it again, the king of games is back!! The game is beautiful looking with its art style and plus its game play and story, you are going to have a awesome experience. I can't wait to see what they will do with the next Zelda title and where they take the games direction this time. Expand
  34. Mar 3, 2017
    Este juego es absolutamente brillante, tiene una jugabliidad de escandalo y auque sus graficos no sean los mejores tiene un apartado artistico increible, Bavo zelda
  35. Mar 3, 2017
    Best game ever made in history. So many dungeons, hard monster, cool looking bosses. Great places, good npc. Old places like Zorais domain, kokiri forest .
  36. Mar 3, 2017
    Libertad es la palabara para describirlo, puedes hacer misiones y mazmorras o ir a por el jefe final directamente. El juego te da la oportunidad de hacer lo que quieras y es algo jamas visto, marca un antes y un despues. Jugablemente es preciso y precioso. Gracias Nintendo por estos juegos.
  37. Mar 3, 2017
    The fact that there are so many people hating, giving zero instead of an appropriate score, only shows how the excellence of this game is disturbing. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the best game in gaming history so far, already surpassing Ocarina of Time as the highest critically rated game.
  38. Sep 17, 2017
    este juego es el mejor zelda que e jugado jamas pense que un zelda superaria a twilight princess que para mi era el mejor zelda jugar este juego es como si estuvieses dentro de el es una maravilla todos sus apartados.
  39. Mar 3, 2017
    Una obra maestra, un juego que tienes muchas cosas novedosas que aportar al mundo de los juegos, llevo 6 horas jugando y que puedo decir una obra maestra, definitivamente sera nominado a GOTY 2017 y no me extrañaría que lo ganara, este juego debes jugarlo una vez en tu vida como mínimo.
  40. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is probably one of the games that will never die; it seems timeless. Nintendo for sure know how to get their fans excited, and it is never disappointing.
  41. Mar 3, 2017
    I'm absolutely blown away. Games like this come once every decade. Everything we had hoped for and more. I was very concerned at first, as Nintendo kept delaying the game. But damn was the delay worth the finished product. An incredible and immersive open world. Funny, lovable characters. Excellent combat. I'm about 6 hours in and the game is starting to get quite difficult. You'll noticeI'm absolutely blown away. Games like this come once every decade. Everything we had hoped for and more. I was very concerned at first, as Nintendo kept delaying the game. But damn was the delay worth the finished product. An incredible and immersive open world. Funny, lovable characters. Excellent combat. I'm about 6 hours in and the game is starting to get quite difficult. You'll notice this once you can leave the Plateau and are given free reign to travel wherever you want. I got absolutely wiped out by the Guardians patrolling the field in front of the castle. I'm gonna explore the world more and more, before committing myself to the main quest. I really love how this game gives you freedom that is lacking in most open world titles. I don't think that I've been this struck in awe since the days of Ocarina of Time on N64. Bravo Nintendo! Way to prove that you guys are still the best in the business. I give this is absolute 10/10. A perfect game for the greatest video game franchise of all time. Expand
  42. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is amazing and on the grandest scale ever seen on a console based game.

The artwork is amazing, the gameplay draws you in, and the concepts are completely innovative and jaw-dropping.

This is truly one of those games you must play before you die.
  43. Mar 3, 2017
    Great presentation. Excellent game mechanics and a vast World to explore. Every space in the world was hand designed to create an experience unlike any other game. Visually impressive. It simply is the greatest game I've ever played.
  44. Mar 3, 2017
    Absolute phenomenal game.
    The beauty, the freedom, the sheer scale of the world and the connective and interactive states of all its elements.
    The Zelda playbook was ripped up and restarted. The new benchmark for openworld games has arrived.

A sheer joy to behold for anyone.
  45. Mar 3, 2017
    This is a game that takes the best aspects of gaming goliaths such as The Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Portal, and Assassins creed, then mixes them up in a cooking pot with the traditional Zelda games beloved by so many. The result is a game that can rival the near perfect, polished game that was Ocarina of Time. While not truly innovative (but let's be honest, innovation of a concept is farThis is a game that takes the best aspects of gaming goliaths such as The Elder Scrolls, Dark Souls, Portal, and Assassins creed, then mixes them up in a cooking pot with the traditional Zelda games beloved by so many. The result is a game that can rival the near perfect, polished game that was Ocarina of Time. While not truly innovative (but let's be honest, innovation of a concept is far less important than perfection of that concept), Breath of the Wild brings together dozens of mechanics and systems, both new and old to the series, and blends them all seamlessly to create an intuitive and exhilarating experience that few games can achieve. With so much content and so many ways to tackle that content, this is a game that can keep people enthralled and immersed in the world of Hyrule for dozens of hours with its simple but deep combat system and its fantastic platforming and physics puzzles. While this game is nothing short of a masterpiece, there are minor flaws. It's voice acting is often flat and due to the open nature of the game the story doesn't feel like a pressing matter. The former never really detracted from the experience, but it certainly didn't enhance it, while the latter is simply a tradeoff for the wonderfully open world where players are given enough freedom to make a libertarian blush. The last complaint that I can make and have seen other people make is about framerate. Nintendo does not make strong hardware, they never have, and Breath of the Wild pushes that hardware to the extremes sometimes, resulting in chugging framerates and sometimes even complete pauses in gameplay in the most stressful of situations. This isn't due to poor coding or an unoptimized game (see any Bethesda game), but is due to a hardware limitation fully out of their control. To complain about the game's performance is to complain about the hardware, and because these slowdowns hardly detracted from my enjoyment of the game I can look past them. Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a game that brings together so many amazing things from so many amazing games and blends them seamlessly and intuitively. I cannot articulate how intensely I believe that everyone should play this game. This is the defining game of this generation and if you enjoy RPGs in any capacity this game should be right on the top of your list to buy. Expand
  46. Mar 3, 2017
    Everything in this game is just brilliant and amazing. I've played it for the past day and I just love exploring the map. There's so much to do!

One of my favorite things to do is to slide on my shield and flying off ledges
  47. Mar 7, 2017
    It's quite funny to see how many people can't stand getting a game a highscore because it isn't available on their platform of choice, It's a huge problem of Metacritic that every **** can rate a game they probably just have seen in a 30seconds commercial. Will I give Horizon Zero Dawn a 0/10 because some Sony Fans have nothing better to do than hating on this great game? No, as soon asIt's quite funny to see how many people can't stand getting a game a highscore because it isn't available on their platform of choice, It's a huge problem of Metacritic that every **** can rate a game they probably just have seen in a 30seconds commercial. Will I give Horizon Zero Dawn a 0/10 because some Sony Fans have nothing better to do than hating on this great game? No, as soon as I'm completely done with Breath of the Wild I will play Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4 and hopefully enjoy it too. Gosh grow up kids, this is getting ridiculous here.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of Open World games and if you are also not a fan of those you probably might end up enjoying Breath of the Wild less than previous games of the franchise. Don't get me wrong, I also play open World games but beside of bugs that are always present - which is kinda fascinating because I haven't seen a single bug in Breath of the Wild, yes it has some slight framerate issues, but nothing that makes it certainly less enjoyable - there are always things that could have turned out better in a less open world. For example Red Dead Redemption (for me a 8/10): it's huge Wild West world is great, has a lot of atmosphere and the story is pretty nice, but - not mentioning other flaws here - a stronger focus on the story would have me pleased more. Sure there are also examples where an open world IMO simply works, but that's mainly because it doesn't get to big which is kinda an issues in most modern open world games, bigger is not always better. Well, Zelda IMO doesn't have these problems, there is always something to do, being it enemy's, something you can hunt, NPC and so on... getting to your goal you might pretty much always find something interesting that can distract you if you wish for it. For it's enormous size it's surely an amazing world, it feels like it's breathing... living and way less like an simple scenery you have to complete your quest in. You don't need quest to enjoy it, but while there are is an enormous amount of smaller sidequest, I wouldn't have mind to have a few more main quest, be it as it be if you can enjoy yourself in a huge sandbox you most likely will love this game. The two biggest issues I have with this game are for once the story, I know you don't have to expect to much from a Zelda game but I have fallen for their trailer and expected that they would finally give us more, this game breaks pretty much all conventions this series has in the last 30years so why not? Yeah... don't expect to much, but if you have seen the trailer you will already know a good chunk of what there is available in form of cut scenes... I surely would love a Zelda game following the events that happened a hundred years ago... unfortunately Breath of the Wild doesn't give me enough to fulfill my expectations. The other issue I have with this game is that it kinda lacks of being "The Legend of Zelda", probably I would give it a 9.5-10/10 for being the best Open-World game out there but it wants to be a Zelda and with that in mind you might end up disappointed about all those broken conventions , IMO they took it a little step to far. It wouldn't have hurt the game if all the shrines weren't solvable without Items you HAVE to find in a Dungeon or somewhere in the world, those always have added variety to the Zelda games an I simply miss it, there is a good chunk of shrines but you can solve them all with the functions of the sheikah-slate (and a bow), needing a hammer/boomerang/magic rod which you can find in this world wouldn't have hurt but as a Zelda fan I would have wished for a few big dungeons with "unbreakable" Items to find and use in those shrines. Don't get me wrong, those Titans are pretty close to a Zelda Dungeon (beside the bosses not having a certain week point due to the lack of special Items) but just four of these in these BIG open-world wasn't enough to satisfy my thirst for "The Legend of Zelda", hell not even Hyrule Castle is a god damn dungeon, why Nintendo? WHY?

All in all Breath of the Wild is an amazing Open-World game and on it's own it outshines similar games - while you shouldn't expect a story driven RPG as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt of course - but as a Zelda it comes a bit short in terms of having big and complex dungeons in which you can get lost for hours, well at least you will find yourself exploring this world for a good chunk of time even if you intend to walk pretty straight to the Titans and beat Ganon.
  48. Mar 3, 2017
    The user-score is clearly being downvoted with "0/10 scores" by Xbox, Playstation and PC fanboys. Breath of the Wild is the fourth highest rated game (by critics) EVER. Stop reading reviews and get the game. It's clearly NOT a "0/10". The game is a masterpiece and some people are just salty because this game is exclusive for Nintendo platforms.
  49. Mar 3, 2017
    Exploracion masiva, la musica, la duración, las mecanicas, la historia y lo mas importante, la diversión que este Zelda no se puede comparar con nada en los últimos años
  50. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is fantastic. Just play it and you will remember it for the rest of your life. The music are amazing. The gameplay is amazing. And there is so much to do, even after the 50 hour campaign
  51. Mar 3, 2017
    This is my 1st Zelda game and this is my first Nintendo. I am amazed, the world is NOT empty. It is filled with puzzled enemy encounters. Just an example - there is a tough enemy surrounded by easier mobs in the skeleton-head like cave in the very beginning. If you try to kill them all you'll probably end up ripped apart. You can sneak and kill 1 or 2 enemies but not all of them. You canThis is my 1st Zelda game and this is my first Nintendo. I am amazed, the world is NOT empty. It is filled with puzzled enemy encounters. Just an example - there is a tough enemy surrounded by easier mobs in the skeleton-head like cave in the very beginning. If you try to kill them all you'll probably end up ripped apart. You can sneak and kill 1 or 2 enemies but not all of them. You can see explosives inside the cave also but how to detonate them if you don't have any fire arrows? There are couple ways: there is a bonfire nearby and you can fire your arrows and shot the explosives or you can see a fire lamp right inside the cave and you can shot it down with regular arrows. There are so many different ways to accomplish the things and you feel extrimely satisfied when you find out the right way!

Atmosphere, battle, controlls, I like everything so far.
  52. Mar 3, 2017
    A return to form for one of the most beloved franchise in video game history. The open world is stunning, interesting and entertaining. Probably the best Zelda ever and maybe the best game ever.
  53. Mar 3, 2017
    The best game ever!

This is no doubt one of the greatest games ever made, and one of the best launch titles of any console ever. It has amazing graphics, world design, story, quests, controls, and must i say more, it is LOZ after all.
    Mar 3, 2017
    Absolutely worthy of the praise it's been getting. I wouldn't even call myself a "Zelda fan". I've never played (only watched) any of the other 3D games, and I've only played two of the 2D games (Awakening and Minish Cap). With that being said, I'm rating this on the basis of it being a *video game*, not a "Zelda" game.

So far, it's incredible. They drop you into this world filled with

So far, it's incredible. They drop you into this world filled with life and questions and places to explore. You can tackle and single instance the way you want to. Just from the size and activities to do in the first zone, I can tell this is going to be a very long adventure.

It looks beautiful, it SOUNDS beautiful (man, all the footstep noises and weapon clinks and detailed sounds are amazing), it feels great to play and it feels open. The only thing to say negative about it is, of course, the frame drops. But that alone is certainly not worth docking a point for. (Especially when the other big brand consoles can't even achieve 1080p@30fps with their current games.)

Worth your time, regardless of whether you are a "Zelda fan" or not.
  55. Mar 3, 2017
    Wow what a game, an absolute masterpiece!! Nintendo showing the game industry how its done since 1983 and no signs of slowing up, hopefully many more like this to come!
  56. Mar 3, 2017
    Juzgar las cosas antes de jugarla es de hipocritas.
    He jugado más de 7 horas y me parece muy buen juego.
    No todo son los gráficos
    Solo quiero algo que me entretenga y esto lo consigue
  57. Mar 3, 2017
    Metacritic needs to step up their game and remove all these nasty, rude 0 scores that are being made with the intention of lowering a game they havent even touched yet. I play video games on the regular, so I dont believe there needs to be an issue. I dont go around leaving bad reviews of things I have left untouched. That is not how you should treat anything. I will not bring much out onMetacritic needs to step up their game and remove all these nasty, rude 0 scores that are being made with the intention of lowering a game they havent even touched yet. I play video games on the regular, so I dont believe there needs to be an issue. I dont go around leaving bad reviews of things I have left untouched. That is not how you should treat anything. I will not bring much out on Horizon Zero Dawn here, as I have yet to play it, and will get to it eventually. That game looks freaking awesome.

With that out of the way, lets get into the real topic here. The legen of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece! I've waited five years for this game and throughout each delay, i knew it would be worth it. Sure, the conventions may have been broken and we have a new layoit for the Zelda series, bt Breath of the Wild is in every way, the way Zelda was supposed to play from the beginning. The gameplay is astonishing, the voice acting is not problematic, and the story is quite the thing to unfold. I understand that there are fears in this games huge open world, but fret not, its full of so many things to do. From the beginning the Breath of the Wild was always focused on this expansive open world. It doesnt force exploration, rather it encourages exploration. In fact, you have many open choices from the beginning. You can go face the final boss right from the start if you feel so inclined to.

Breath of the Wild is a true thing of beauty and is worth anyone's time. We only get so many games like this every once in a blue moon. With all that in mind, Breath of the Wild deserves a true 10/10.
  58. Mar 3, 2017
    It's a gorgeous game. The music is fantastic. The story is nice, too. I love the emphasis on exploring in this beautiful world. I want to find every secret there is. I'm also really happy with what they did with horses. We're not stuck with Epona anymore. We can catch our own horses with whatever coat colors we want and they have different stats.

I'm so glad they chose to go back to

I'm so glad they chose to go back to Zelda's roots with this game.
  59. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is a masterpiece. The critics agree: quite possibly the greatest game ever made. Several critics have said this. Don't listen to the people rating this 0, many of them even accept they have never played the game. Give yourself a treat and go get this game right now : D
  60. Mar 3, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. impresionante en todos los sentidos .
    por fin superan ocarina of time .......

el mejor juego de la historia
    redefine lo que es un mundo abierto
  61. Mar 3, 2017
    Most of the Negative user score are really misinformed about this game, This is truly a gem of its own and very few games have this kind of gem planted most of the developers know what i'm talking about and there is without saying so much hard work put into this its incredible this is probably one of the best game I've ever played.
  62. Mar 3, 2017
    Simplemente el mejor juego de esta generacion, de nuevo tiene que aparecer Nintendo para recuperar esa magia ya perdida, de tiempos en los que me pasaba horas jugando a la Nintendo 64 y PSX, solo pido que ojala tambien saquen el Zelda WW de Wiiu para Swich :3
  63. Mar 3, 2017
    Pedazo de juego, muy muy bueno. Gráficamente luce precioso y los controles van muy fluidos.
    Y nada a los Sonyers piperos que le ponen un 0, como se nota la envidia jajajajaja.
    Ale vosotros quedaos con lo vuestro y ya sabeis, sarna con gusto no pica
  64. Mar 3, 2017
    Whats with all Microsoft and Sony fanboys down voting a game theyt've never played??? The whole lot of them are losers, pathetic neets of the lowest order. Breath of the Wild is a great game, you should buy three of them. If you don't then you have deprived yourself of one of the greatest gaming experiences of the last century, a crime against oneself on par with suppuku. Buy it now
  65. Mar 3, 2017
    Uma renovação incrível... Nunca imaginei que Zelda combinaria tanto com o mundo aberto :D sem palavras para descrever o quam incrível é The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild
  66. Mar 3, 2017
    This is simply Nintendos MasterPiece of All Time.
    It's perfect -> All of it:

Soundtrack
    Effects
    Atmosphere
    and a epic open-world.

It is also funny and this magical-anime-style is so awesome.
    an musthave for everyone who loves Zelda and/or OpenWorld-Games like Skyrim.
    It combines all elements in a perfect way.
  67. Mar 3, 2017
    The Legend returns, finally a good game to play after all that overproduced, rushed and soulless crap that other developers dish out at a yearly basis. 10/10 just the right amount of water.
  68. Mar 3, 2017
    Played a few hours this morning and game is beautiful,masterpiece for sure.I go make a more indepth review once beat the game.

Just want to all you sony fanboys out there ive noticed your reviews,you really are pathetic and toxic to the gaming community and making accounts saying i love nintendo to make your review more valid not fooling anyone lol,most of you that scored zelda a 0,on your review page gave horizon zero dawn a 10,obvious much,You not even played the game so GTFO.If you want to feel butthurt just let it sink in that zelda scored a 98,HZD 88 and ps games have the media in there pocket so your farcry ripoff aint going to be the zelda killer that you extremist think lmao,now go get laid you sados.This is not a insult to genuine gamers of all platforms just the crazy fanboys.Congratulations to nintendo and the launch of this amazing game ZELDA :)
  69. Mar 3, 2017
    Un chef d'oeuvre absolu qui mériterait un 9/10 +, faute à des baisses de framerate et un aliasing présent, bien que ne nuisant pas au plaisir du jeu. La DA est sublime, le gameplay fun et travaillé et le monde regorge d'évènements. Le jeu est novateur pour la série même si il est vrai que les graphismes sont un peu à la traine. Mais bon, tellement mineur par rapport aux qualités du jeu. UnUn chef d'oeuvre absolu qui mériterait un 9/10 +, faute à des baisses de framerate et un aliasing présent, bien que ne nuisant pas au plaisir du jeu. La DA est sublime, le gameplay fun et travaillé et le monde regorge d'évènements. Le jeu est novateur pour la série même si il est vrai que les graphismes sont un peu à la traine. Mais bon, tellement mineur par rapport aux qualités du jeu. Un 10/10 pour venir réequilibrer la barre avec les frustrés qui mettent 0. Expand
  70. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is truly amazing.
    - As a hardcore Nintendo/Zelda fan who has been waiting for this game for 5 years, I can say that it completely surpassed everything I thought it would be.
    -The world size is incredible, and every bit of it is filled with fun things to do. -The storyline, while it is somewhat "relaxed," is amazing if you take the time to actually go and focus on it. --
    This game is truly amazing.
    -Other than that, simply exploring the world is super fun too.
    -The items you can get are all either fun, funny, or incredibly useful and the combat system is great.
    -The inventory is set up in a somewhat weird way but works fine for me.
    -I'm not even that far in(at least, I don't think so) but I can tell this game will take me hours upon hours just to complete the story and will keep me interested for years.
    -If I could, I'd give this game a 1000/1000.
  71. Mar 3, 2017
    The epitome of all the Zelda games has finally arrived and it is well worth the wait! This game is undoubtedly the Greatest Of All Time and deserving of unseating OoT drone its throne. The new physics engine, amazing graphics, outstanding story, gameplay, enemy AI...the list goes on and on with the fantastic contributions BoTW brings to the gaming world. A new chapter in gaming and a newThe epitome of all the Zelda games has finally arrived and it is well worth the wait! This game is undoubtedly the Greatest Of All Time and deserving of unseating OoT drone its throne. The new physics engine, amazing graphics, outstanding story, gameplay, enemy AI...the list goes on and on with the fantastic contributions BoTW brings to the gaming world. A new chapter in gaming and a new standard for all games to try and achieve. Bravo Nintendo!!! Expand
  72. Mar 3, 2017
    Simply best launch title ever
    Textures may be lacking, but other than that this game is pure art
    A must buy if you are going to get Switch
    10/10 goty.
  73. Mar 3, 2017
    Quizas uno de los mejores juegos a la fecha creada por la compañia nipona.
    Es excitador y a la vez maravilloso. Este juego marcara un antes y un despues en la historia de The Legend of Zelda, tal cual como lo hizo Oot en su tiempo. Sencillamente magnifico.
  74. Mar 3, 2017
    Played hundred of video games? Even than BotW is a fresh experience. There are some minor technical flaws, but the game is unbelieveable good. This game is the reason why you play games, not the blockbuster trash you get elsewhere.
  75. Mar 3, 2017
    I´ve played games all my life and I´ve never seen a game so close to perfection, this is definitly the best masterpiece Nintendo has done since "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time", since i was little my favorite games were Ocarina of Time, Mayora´s Mask & the Kingdom Hearts series, and back then I though no other game could beat them until I played Breath of the Wild. This is definitelyI´ve played games all my life and I´ve never seen a game so close to perfection, this is definitly the best masterpiece Nintendo has done since "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time", since i was little my favorite games were Ocarina of Time, Mayora´s Mask & the Kingdom Hearts series, and back then I though no other game could beat them until I played Breath of the Wild. This is definitely the best game ever in my book Expand
  76. Mar 3, 2017
    Beware the Sony fans bombarding this page. They're insecure that the new Zelda game is leagues above their new exclusive, Horizon. These aren't paid reviews. This game is really this good. Allow me to elaborate.

In almost every 3D Zelda, you're put on a liner path that progresses you through the game. While they still incorporated aspects of exploration, they lacked the formula that was present in the original Legend of Zelda. This game puts you through a short tutorial in the beginning and then lets you wonder off. No hand holding. Hyrule becomes your kingdom to explore. The game has also implemented a quest system that is similar to Western RPGs. There is a main story quest and a bunch of side quests. There are also over 100 mini dungeons known as shrines which feature puzzles that greatly vary in design. The gameplay is quite similar to Dark Souls/Shadow of Colossus. Certain enemy hits will completely deplete your health. Guardians will absolutely destroy you at the beginning. The music is very subtle and its ambience allows you to enjoy the sounds of nature that echo throughout this game. This game is a masterpiece. It scored 98 for a reason. Ignore the user score. Like I said earlier, it's being flooded by insecure Sony fanboys who are upset that this scored way higher than Horizon Zero Dawn. I've played both, and can say without question that this game is superior. Good luck to all of you and I hope you enjoy your adventure in the ruins of Hyrule.
  77. Mar 3, 2017
    Simply Amazing. Nuff said. This is the best game I've played in this entire generation of hardware. The game is beautiful, combat is fun, the shrines have been delightful- I'm very, very impressed.
  78. Mar 3, 2017
    I love how this game is so good, that triggerd sony and microsoft fanboys are just giving it a 1 so that the score will drop! Amazing game!

Story is amazing with cutscenes that are epic. Soundtrack is very good also and will probably grow on everyone. The mystery of what exactly happend 100 years ago is very tense which makes the story intresting to follow. Overall fantastic game,

Story is amazing with cutscenes that are epic.
    Soundtrack is very good also and will probably grow on everyone.

Overall fantastic game, Nintendo have outdone themselfs!
  79. Mar 3, 2017
    (the best game of the year) An absolute masterpiece. This game will change your life, and how you look at video games forever. The Nintendo magic is here in full force, and they've outdone themselves, and truly cemented themselves as the greatest developer of all time.
  80. Mar 3, 2017
    I play games since 1995, and i play only quality games. Before this game i thought Witcher 3 was the best game ever made, really close to perfection. However, this game surpass Ocarina Of Time, Witcher 3, Last of Us, Final Fantasy 7, Chrono Trigger, Metal Gear Solid 3 and every other masterpiece ever made. This is an important day, because we have the best videogame ever made.
  81. Mar 3, 2017
  82. Mar 3, 2017
    Breath of the wild es un juegazo tiene un hermozo sountrack y muy buen artwork bravo a nintendo por hacer esta obra maestra me encanta el juego :D y eso (spanish)
  83. Mar 3, 2017
    Just pure fun. When most AAA titles have lost their foundation and gameplay, Breath of the Wild steps in to remind people what games should be about. Great narrative, even better gameplay and style. This game is a true 10/10
  84. Mar 3, 2017
    Absolutely glorious. A true masterpiece, handcrafted to please you in the smallest ways. Breath of the Wild is the best game I have ever had the pleasure to play.
  85. Mar 3, 2017

Perfection.
  86. Mar 3, 2017
    Just Perfect!

Thank you Nintendo!

This game contains all Nintendo capability in development "fantasy"

Suggested for all players (sto with console wars, please!)
  87. Mar 3, 2017
    Wow, sure is salty in here. Don't listen to the naysayers, this is pure magic; I've been playing this since a little after 1 last night and I still haven't put my controller down. Sleep? What's that?
  88. Mar 3, 2017
    Maybe the best game I've ever played! Love it! it's massive, stunning and awe-inspiring! 10/10 If you are a gamer, you have to play this game! Don't miss out on such a masterpiece!
  89. Mar 3, 2017
    This game is a masterpiece. From the gameplay to the art style, the big open world and even the way it shows rather than tells you how to play, there is almost nothing that could be better, inconsistent frame rate aside. All the guys who made an account just to score it a 0 are sad and pathetic.
  90. Mar 3, 2017
    Zelda vereint Open World mit RPG-Elementen sowie Action Adventure-Gameplay und erweitert dabei bereits bekannte Spielmechaniken oder fügt neue hinzu. Der Schwierigkeitsgrad und die Erkundung gehen in Richtung Dark Souls. Die Story soll zum ersten Mal richtig gut inszeniert sein. Wenn man bedenkt, dass die grafische Komponente aufgrund der schwachen Hardware der nahezu einzige SchwachpunktZelda vereint Open World mit RPG-Elementen sowie Action Adventure-Gameplay und erweitert dabei bereits bekannte Spielmechaniken oder fügt neue hinzu. Der Schwierigkeitsgrad und die Erkundung gehen in Richtung Dark Souls. Die Story soll zum ersten Mal richtig gut inszeniert sein. Wenn man bedenkt, dass die grafische Komponente aufgrund der schwachen Hardware der nahezu einzige Schwachpunkt zu sein scheint, hat Nintendo Open World neu definiert. Expand
  91. Mar 3, 2017
    I don't know what to say... This is definitely the best Zelda game ever! I can't wait to see what they could do to improve this game in the future. It might have fps issues at some points, but everything else is extremely polished and the soundtrack is phenomenal.
  92. Mar 3, 2017
    I don't normally write reviews, but this is to help counterweight troll 0/10 'reviews' from salty fanboys. Hundreds of people that haven't played the game, yet can leave a 0/10 on day one. Metacritic needs a better user score system. Until then, report the blatantly obvious 0/10 troll reviews!
  93. Mar 3, 2017
    This masterpiece deserves all the hype. It´s one of the most unique experiences you can have in gaming. Wonderful art direction, sublime soundtrack, and the characters we all love for decades. The best Zelda game yet, and one of the best games i´ve ever played.
  94. Mar 3, 2017
    This game came out today, and there's people giving it 0's already? First of all they are clearly just trying to affect the user score negatively because they are haters, if they wanted to give a solid review why would you EVER give this game a 0? That's if a game absolutely is terrible in everything, which this is not. The critic reviews were fine. People giving this game a negativeThis game came out today, and there's people giving it 0's already? First of all they are clearly just trying to affect the user score negatively because they are haters, if they wanted to give a solid review why would you EVER give this game a 0? That's if a game absolutely is terrible in everything, which this is not. The critic reviews were fine. People giving this game a negative review just want to lower the user score and do not actually own the game and probably never will. Expand
  95. Mar 3, 2017
    The best game in a long time! Even if the graphics are not on the highest level, the gameplay is simply incredible! A small discount due to graphic--> 9.7 However, it remains a smooth 10.
  96. Mar 3, 2017
    Nintendo, as always, pushes the envelope and made something truly unique, innovative, and fresh. Lots and lots of fake 0/10 user reviews, always a good sign that the game is well worth it.
  97. Mar 3, 2017
    trap link is justice 11/10 would succ best boy qtpatoot gud game /v/ needs to **** off and accept that the game is fun and stop being dumb tbqh fampai
  98. Mar 3, 2017
    A true masterpiece. Breaks conventions established by the series, and moves gaming forward in the process. Sets the bar for open world games with new ideas about story telling. The sense of freedom is amazing, and actually becomes a story line element. This game is more than complete, and it's full of surprises. Because of the open world aspect, there are several ways to play, and oneA true masterpiece. Breaks conventions established by the series, and moves gaming forward in the process. Sets the bar for open world games with new ideas about story telling. The sense of freedom is amazing, and actually becomes a story line element. This game is more than complete, and it's full of surprises. Because of the open world aspect, there are several ways to play, and one problem/challenge can have several solutions depending on your style and strategy. This provides a huge amount of replay value, as players can create there own scenarios on additional runs through the game. This is art. This is a masterpiece. This is a gift to gamers. Expand
  99. Mar 3, 2017
    Absolutely gorgeus. I'm 30 hours into the game and i can't remember playing an open world game with such as much detail as this one. If you love exploration and Puzzles Zelda Botw is simply put the best game ever made. A worthy succesor of Ocarina of Time.
  100. Mar 3, 2017

1. Dec 12, 2017
    Where it takes mechanics from others in the industry, it improves upon them; where it introduces new ones, you slap your forehead in amazement that it hasn’t been done before. Breath of the Wild is development done right, and damn near the best game you’ll play all year.
  2. Aug 30, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece.
  3. Games Master UK
    May 19, 2017
    Up there with the finest Zelda games, Breath of the Wild is bold, liberating, and utterly astonishing. [Apr 2017, p.60]