6.2

1. Sep 19, 2013
    This is a great little app that provides drawing enthusiasts a canvas to create on. Art Academy boasts a slew of different colors and utensils to draw with. I was hesitant by the lack of content at first, but I found myself consistently revisiting this app to draw new pieces of art. I look forward to Nintendo's promised updates which are to include drawing lessons. If you enjoy drawing pics onto the Miiverse, this cheap app is for you. Expand
  2. Mar 16, 2014
    Its essentially an art academy for already experienced artists. Anyone new to art academy or drawing in general will have nothing to gain from this, as there are no tutorials or lessons at all. Its strictly for the enthusiast, and for what it does there, it does well.
  3. Jan 20, 2014
    Does exactly what it is supposed to do. At the moment, there are no tutorials or guides implemented, but they will be added soon. It's fun to draw, especially with the Miiverse integration. You feel rewarded because of the feedback you would receive online.

There are quite a few tools to use, and it requires a lot of technique to master the tools.
  4. Mar 23, 2014
    I was a little disappointed with this. It's still a good drawing tool, but the version on the Nintendo DS is much better. The load times are slow, and as of today there still aren't any art tutorials. It is nice to let my kids draw on the TV, and it's only $4. I'm not sure why it takes several minutes to load.

1. Sep 16, 2013
    This feels like an incomplete app, somewhat limited in terms of materials.
  2. Aug 26, 2013
    For less money than an average pencil set you’re getting a realistic drawing simulation. Drawing on the GamePad feels as close to real life drawing as you can get. All the different tools feel exactly like you expect they would. Unfortunately it’s not possible to quickly erase mistakes and there aren’t any layers to play around with. This might improve the realism, but it harms the usability of the simulation.
  3. Aug 12, 2013
    Beginners may find the current lack of in-game lessons disappointing, but if you're already a budding artist — or just love to create colourful pictures — then there's little reason not to give Art Academy: SketchPad a try.