7.6

1. Jun 4, 2014
    Oh man, let me preface by saying that I own this game on PC and Wii U and have played the Xbox 360 version as well. The game itself is very good, great even. I upgraded my video card on PC just for this game. But as for the WII U version it's a half assed port and visually it's worse than even the 360. If I would have paid full price for this I would have felt sick, thank god it onlyOh man, let me preface by saying that I own this game on PC and Wii U and have played the Xbox 360 version as well. The game itself is very good, great even. I upgraded my video card on PC just for this game. But as for the WII U version it's a half assed port and visually it's worse than even the 360. If I would have paid full price for this I would have felt sick, thank god it only costed me 10 bucks at bestbuy. So great game, open world, pirate ships and the like, but horrible graphics on the Wii U version. Expand
  2. Jun 28, 2014
    A great idea and good execution ruined by repetitive quests and cutscenes. When you start to see ships to plunder and go "nah, I don't want to deal with another cutscene of some simpering captain" you know this game is dead. Had this concept taken place in any other franchise, say Just Cause, GTA, it could have been great. Unfortunately it took place in Assassins Creed and if Ubisoft isA great idea and good execution ruined by repetitive quests and cutscenes. When you start to see ships to plunder and go "nah, I don't want to deal with another cutscene of some simpering captain" you know this game is dead. Had this concept taken place in any other franchise, say Just Cause, GTA, it could have been great. Unfortunately it took place in Assassins Creed and if Ubisoft is good at anything, it's using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. They've been pasting the same **** side quests into every AC game since AC1 despite that being the biggest complaint for every game in the series. Besides that, AC has never been a truly open-world franchise. Pirate ships really need true open world openness. Sailing up to an island only to find out that it's just a polygon wall with a rock texture on it ruins the experience...over and over and over again.

I would give it stars for its awesome animations and a great try at the concept (i've been hoping for a game like this for like 15 years) but for me it's incomplete. 10 hours in and I had to set it aside from boredom. That's just unacceptable. This franchise needs a new engine if it's going to do everything Ubisoft wants it to do.

1. Jan 14, 2014
    The Assassin's Creed series is teetering on the brink of saturation. Credit to Black Flag for escaping that fate thanks to its interesting and innovative mechanics. Naval exploration brings in several additional hours of gameplay, which along with its competent plot contribute to make Black Flag the best Assassin's Creed game since the second chapter of the series.
  2. A huge, almost constantly entertaining game. Brash, soulful and clever, it's astonishing that a title on a yearly schedule came out this meaty.
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is a great game on Wii U, but considering the frame rate issues, the absence of DLC support and a somewhat disappointing use of the Gamepad, you might want to stick to the other versions if you have the chance to.