7.5

1. Oct 30, 2013
    The latest installment of AC, is packed with action and a thrilling storyline. The Wii U version utilises the controller's screen as a map, weapon selection and is also able to play the game entirely on the gamepad.
  2. Oct 30, 2013
    I have been an Assassins Creed fan since the very beginning! I ventured in the life of Altaiir, Ezio, and Conner and am happy to say that I have only played the first 30 minutes of Black Flag and I am amazed! The story line, the graphics, the controls are phenomenal! I have played all the other games on Playstation 3 console and this is my first venture to a different console, and iI have been an Assassins Creed fan since the very beginning! I ventured in the life of Altaiir, Ezio, and Conner and am happy to say that I have only played the first 30 minutes of Black Flag and I am amazed! The story line, the graphics, the controls are phenomenal! I have played all the other games on Playstation 3 console and this is my first venture to a different console, and i tell you i am not regretting it. i thought i would have trouble trying to find online matches, but that is not the case. There are always someone looking for a multiplayer match. Overall, the best Wii U game to date!

Instagram: Game_Row
  3. Nov 2, 2013
    This game is super on WiiU...I am very dissapointed that only one mainstream source has reviewed it. I tried it on PS3 and the WiiU version is superior.....better grafix/textures, better lighting, water, and smoke/fog effects and by far better framerate is crowded areas. Ubi has finally hit the sweet spot on WiiU and this game is awesome on any platform. OffTV is great for a game like thisThis game is super on WiiU...I am very dissapointed that only one mainstream source has reviewed it. I tried it on PS3 and the WiiU version is superior.....better grafix/textures, better lighting, water, and smoke/fog effects and by far better framerate is crowded areas. Ubi has finally hit the sweet spot on WiiU and this game is awesome on any platform. OffTV is great for a game like this that has so many playing hours and if you use gamepad as second screen it is not revolutionairy but does a nice job with real time map and by allowing you to place the HUD on the gamepad to keep the big screen clean. Please WiiU owners support UBI and this game (Rayman also top notch) so we keep getting 3rd party games on WiiU. AC4 does a 1.1GB download on first launch that surely must be caching core components on flash/hd because the load times are fast and there are no hiccups in cut/scenes or problems with texture/character loads like other WiiU games. Bring on WatchDogs as WiiU is showing it can handle games like this with the proper developers doing the work. Expand
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    Seriously! There too many trolls in this life! Ignore the idiots that keep giving negative scores without giving an explanation. I am a video game fan PERIOD! The wii u version is better then both the ps3 and Xbox version. It has sharper texture cause it is at native 1080p on wii u while it's only 720p on the other two. Wii u's version is 14gb while the other two are slightly under 10gb.Seriously! There too many trolls in this life! Ignore the idiots that keep giving negative scores without giving an explanation. I am a video game fan PERIOD! The wii u version is better then both the ps3 and Xbox version. It has sharper texture cause it is at native 1080p on wii u while it's only 720p on the other two. Wii u's version is 14gb while the other two are slightly under 10gb. That's a decent size difference. Why do people have to hate on any console? Expand
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    mainly i would say the textures in the graphic design are superior to the consoles, honestly, and better than other Wii U games currently. i've always liked the way nintendo handles graphics over the other ones. something more smooth and fluid about them. this game is perfect for Wii U in that way. not to mention, of course, outstanding gameplay. probably the most epic game on Wii U right now.
  6. Nov 4, 2013
    This is the best AC game ever made. Hands down. Also best Wii U game I've ever played. Graphics seem almost next-gen. Gameplay and everything is just as amazing as you'd expect.
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    Assassin's Creed IV is the best in the series yet. Gorgeous graphics, nice controls, fun multiplayer... this is by far the most enjoyable game I have played in a long time. Edward Kenway is such a likeable character and you will really enjoy this. The gamepad shows the map and you can do Off-TV Play on it as well. Perfect and a must-buy.
  8. Jun 4, 2014
    Oh man, let me preface by saying that I own this game on PC and Wii U and have played the Xbox 360 version as well. The game itself is very good, great even. I upgraded my video card on PC just for this game. But as for the WII U version it's a half assed port and visually it's worse than even the 360. If I would have paid full price for this I would have felt sick, thank god it onlyOh man, let me preface by saying that I own this game on PC and Wii U and have played the Xbox 360 version as well. The game itself is very good, great even. I upgraded my video card on PC just for this game. But as for the WII U version it's a half assed port and visually it's worse than even the 360. If I would have paid full price for this I would have felt sick, thank god it only costed me 10 bucks at bestbuy. So great game, open world, pirate ships and the like, but horrible graphics on the Wii U version. Expand
  9. Dec 14, 2013
    oh man,Ubisoft has inovated with this game
    it has better graphics,a better plot and a better gameplay
    that assassins creed iii
    i loved it. this is a must buy to Wii u
  10. Nov 1, 2013
    I was never a HUGE fan of the AC series. I played AC2 and AC3 but never beat them. By no means did I think the games were bad, I just got bored with the repetitiveness of the missions. That all changed with AC4 though. I'm only a few hours into it but I'm enjoying the open world very much. The amount of exploring you do between the story missions more that makes up for the repetitivenessI was never a HUGE fan of the AC series. I played AC2 and AC3 but never beat them. By no means did I think the games were bad, I just got bored with the repetitiveness of the missions. That all changed with AC4 though. I'm only a few hours into it but I'm enjoying the open world very much. The amount of exploring you do between the story missions more that makes up for the repetitiveness I felt in the other games in the series. I think the pirate idea was a great one to explore and I'm looking forward to getting many hours of enjoyment out of this game! Expand
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    This game does a great job and has made alot of improvements since the previous titles.
    I would say the game is just about as ground breaking as the second one and definitely took out as much boring aspects from the first one they could.

Outside the animus story is a weird one to get adjusted to which can make the player love or hate it, in which for myself I don't care too much about the outside animus part on this new installment and does not make me hate the game either, but really love the in the animus story.

Its all about the life of Connor's grandfather. The Pirate.

And for those of you who have always wanted a great pirate game then look no further.

Its like playing Assassin's creed 2 with a pinch of 3 along with the open worldliness and sailing of legend of Zelda windwaker.

Its been a while since I've had a game make me feel so excited and counting down the clock till I get off work.

The wii u delivers a great experience. if you are looking for smoother frame rates and better graphics than 360 and Ps3 but can't afford the expensive Ps4 and Xbone then this game meets you in the middle and does not disappoint.

The Gamepad gives you a perfect extra large map to view everything with. plus not to mention playing it off screen. I live with my girlfriend, and I knew I'd get addicted to this game, so it's perfect on Wii U to keep both of us happy because she can watch her Tv shows all night while I play this game.

Even the Gamepads graphics for off tv play looks amazing and runs smooth.

So I'll say give this game a chance plus not to mention you can post your progress and pictures of in game play on the miiverse as well as see what others are getting into and learn new things from each other.

So yes give it a chance especially if you own a wii u! Give nintendo some support. There's too many nintendo haters out there who don't know their roots, so bring some love to nintendo and pick up your copy today!

One more thing. Uplay has an app on nintendo so that is a must to download and is free of charge filled with its own achievements that reward its players. Trust me on this!
  12. Dec 23, 2013
    I have been a solid Creed fan since day one, I own all of the previous games on Xbox 360 and I can honestly say this version is much superior, I have played on PS4, Xbox One and 360, loading times are faster than the competition, gamepad use is good usual off screen play and map functionality is all there but not essential it is easier to check the gamepad map than having to load up theI have been a solid Creed fan since day one, I own all of the previous games on Xbox 360 and I can honestly say this version is much superior, I have played on PS4, Xbox One and 360, loading times are faster than the competition, gamepad use is good usual off screen play and map functionality is all there but not essential it is easier to check the gamepad map than having to load up the normal map, soundtrack is epic the pirates singing is a laugh, graphically I have seen the comparison vids and can honestly say its up there with Xbox One and PS4 Wii U is finally flexing some muscle, multiplayer connects perfectly with no problems and lots of people online to match against, the way you manage Edwards fleet and vessel is awesome as is the sea battles, so far Edward tops Ezio and Connor in every way(fighting and character) and is definitely more likeable than Haytham! Definitely a must have for the Wii U, you can snapshot you moments to the Miiverse, the story has become more epic, without spoiling anything you just need to crack on with it, people will still be playing this in 6 months time there is just so much to do 10/10 get in there on your new Nintendo, Peace. Expand
  13. Dec 3, 2013
    This is my first Assassin's Creed game, and I have to say, it is a very good game. Although I have started far in the series, I am really enjoying the story as adventurer Edward Kennay, sailing the seas as an Assassin in great graphics, offering a great storyline, and interesting challenges. Along side the single player, multiplayer is addictive and entertaining. I am having a slight hardThis is my first Assassin's Creed game, and I have to say, it is a very good game. Although I have started far in the series, I am really enjoying the story as adventurer Edward Kennay, sailing the seas as an Assassin in great graphics, offering a great storyline, and interesting challenges. Along side the single player, multiplayer is addictive and entertaining. I am having a slight hard time adjusting to each game mode, but having a fun time. Overall, this is a great game and new experience for me, and I am excited to play future Assassin's Creed titles on my Wii U. Expand
  14. Jan 16, 2014
    A rare and welcome open-world adventure game on the Wii U, the fourth main entry in the Assassin's Creed series is filled with exciting quests, epic battles and a ridiculous amount of content.

The game puts you in the skin of Edward Kenway, a Welsh buccaneer who ends up becoming a pirate and getting involved in the centuries-old war between assassins and templars. Truth be told, the story itself is nothing to write home about; the writing goes from passable to bland, whereas the (thankfully short) modern-day segments are not only eye-rollingly dull, but completely uncalled for in a game about pirates. Thankfully, the lush Caribbean setting more than makes up for it, and exploring the many tropical islands in Central America will be an experience to remember.

One of the games biggest victories is the plethora of different ways to play it. There are stealth missions, sword combat sequences, huge naval battles (including fantastic sidequest battles with "legendary ships"), underwater exploration, land and sea hunting, boardgame-like trade missions, and more. Most of them are fantastic, whereas some (like underwater segments and, especially, the modern-day parts) can be a bit dull; either way, this variety ensures than gameplay almost never gets stale, and there's always something different for you to do should you get bored of a particular style of play. In this way, this is really many games in one, and the basics of each of them are surprisingly intuitive.

A particular disappointment is how Ubisoft missed opportunities in porting it to the Wii U. Having the gamepad as a large map is awesome, but there is so much more that could have been done. For you to interact with the map (by setting markers, for example), you need to press select and use the analog sticks to scroll through it. This is perfectly acceptable on other platforms, obviously, but why not let us do that on the gamepad touchscreen? It would not only be a time-saver, but a tangible reason for people to choose the Wii U version over others.

Be that as it may, Black Flag is still one of the better ways to get your M-rated action fix on the Wii U. The game's great sense of immersion (helped by the beautiful visuals) will entice you to spend countless hours roaming every corner of its world, and the whole experience can easily exceed 50 hours if you're keen on exploration.

Rating: 8.0
  15. Feb 16, 2014
    This game is pretty much gonna have you talking like a pirate for days (be warned telling your wife to swab the decks you lazy bilge rat does not go down well) bruises aside whats not to like pirates, adventure life on the open sea the graphics are stunning and the controls have been improved. You can tell the development team had fun with this and it shows in the way the game plays out.This game is pretty much gonna have you talking like a pirate for days (be warned telling your wife to swab the decks you lazy bilge rat does not go down well) bruises aside whats not to like pirates, adventure life on the open sea the graphics are stunning and the controls have been improved. You can tell the development team had fun with this and it shows in the way the game plays out. My only gripe is yet again the Wii U gets stuffed on the dlc. It is a self fulfilling prophecy that dlc want sell on the Wii U so lets not bother. Expand
  16. Nov 8, 2013
    AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2014
    Finally, I beat it. Best game ever. The graphics are amazing, the story was the best thing along with the gameplay. This was 20 hours of gameplay i'll remember for the rest of my life.
  18. Jul 5, 2014
    This is almost unplayable it looks so bad. It appears Ubisoft ported the PS360 straight over and didn't bother trying to clean it up or maximize it for the Wii U. The jaggies and frame rate drops are considerable. This does NOT look next gen and it is all Ubisoft's fault. I'm assuming because I didn't try it on PS4 that that would be the version to play. The Wii U version looks awful.This is almost unplayable it looks so bad. It appears Ubisoft ported the PS360 straight over and didn't bother trying to clean it up or maximize it for the Wii U. The jaggies and frame rate drops are considerable. This does NOT look next gen and it is all Ubisoft's fault. I'm assuming because I didn't try it on PS4 that that would be the version to play. The Wii U version looks awful. Don't waste your money. Expand
  19. PMG
    Jul 9, 2014
    In my opinion this is by far one of the best games of 2013. As an Assassin's Creed game goes it is a farly open stealth game that despite not being were difficult, can be a challenge if you wanna be extra sneake. The differens is that you can sail, with probely the best sailing ever found in a video game. Visuels are also impressive and though they might not be completly onpar with otherIn my opinion this is by far one of the best games of 2013. As an Assassin's Creed game goes it is a farly open stealth game that despite not being were difficult, can be a challenge if you wanna be extra sneake. The differens is that you can sail, with probely the best sailing ever found in a video game. Visuels are also impressive and though they might not be completly onpar with other consoles one tye Wii U, i don't care. Story wise it has one of the best protagonists in the series, only outperformed by Etzio. If you like pirate games, team up with Keenway, Blackbeard and Colico jack in this fantastic game. Expand
  20. Jan 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The graphics are good, not as good as some people say but its ok, the gameplay... OMG that gameplay the feeling of beign a NINJA!!! The game has some bugs that they need to fix and the connection issues like the bug when you go to the first island of the game and everything starts lagging, the game is too easy sometimes but there are some really hard parts and that is good you know it makes you feel like: "Naa this is easy" and then BUM!! a giant ship beats the crap outta ya. Something that i like too is the new gun system where you can aim walking. Expand
  21. Jul 9, 2014
    I enjoyed the graphics, sound effects, music and gameplay. The ship battles got tedious, especially when the odds are 100% in your favour you have to watch a long predictable repetitive battle scene (instead of playing the game). THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY MISSIONS. It's hard to imagine completing them all before boredom sinks in. Playing online is also boring as there are supremely advancedI enjoyed the graphics, sound effects, music and gameplay. The ship battles got tedious, especially when the odds are 100% in your favour you have to watch a long predictable repetitive battle scene (instead of playing the game). THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY MISSIONS. It's hard to imagine completing them all before boredom sinks in. Playing online is also boring as there are supremely advanced players who have played these games before waiting to kill you and call you n00b. Although I give thanks to Ubisoft for supporting Wii U, it's hard to overlook some of the game breaking glitches. Once I was hovering in the air unable to move and another example is getting stuck in the mast of the ship. I guess I am spoiled by highly polished Nintendo titles because after 50% progress the game starts feeling tired and offers no new experiences. Expand
  22. Dec 4, 2014
    At first I liked the game, the open pirate world is a lot of fun to explore, but once I got to the meat and bone of the game I was thoroughly disappointed. Ubisoft gives you the ability to rate missions and halfway into the game I realized that I had not rated any of them more than 3 out of 5 stars, and 2 out of 5 was the average. They made zero effort to bring any kind of real gameplay,At first I liked the game, the open pirate world is a lot of fun to explore, but once I got to the meat and bone of the game I was thoroughly disappointed. Ubisoft gives you the ability to rate missions and halfway into the game I realized that I had not rated any of them more than 3 out of 5 stars, and 2 out of 5 was the average. They made zero effort to bring any kind of real gameplay, or skill based progression to the game. The stealth missions are particularly laughable, especially if you have played a true stealth game like Metal Gear or Tom Clancy. To top it all off, the sailing portions are lifted straight out of Windwaker. Avoid, unless you have no more games to play. Expand
  23. Jun 28, 2014
    A great idea and good execution ruined by repetitive quests and cutscenes. When you start to see ships to plunder and go "nah, I don't want to deal with another cutscene of some simpering captain" you know this game is dead. Had this concept taken place in any other franchise, say Just Cause, GTA, it could have been great. Unfortunately it took place in Assassins Creed and if Ubisoft isA great idea and good execution ruined by repetitive quests and cutscenes. When you start to see ships to plunder and go "nah, I don't want to deal with another cutscene of some simpering captain" you know this game is dead. Had this concept taken place in any other franchise, say Just Cause, GTA, it could have been great. Unfortunately it took place in Assassins Creed and if Ubisoft is good at anything, it's using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. They've been pasting the same **** side quests into every AC game since AC1 despite that being the biggest complaint for every game in the series. Besides that, AC has never been a truly open-world franchise. Pirate ships really need true open world openness. Sailing up to an island only to find out that it's just a polygon wall with a rock texture on it ruins the experience...over and over and over again.

I would give it stars for its awesome animations and a great try at the concept (i've been hoping for a game like this for like 15 years) but for me it's incomplete. 10 hours in and I had to set it aside from boredom. That's just unacceptable. This franchise needs a new engine if it's going to do everything Ubisoft wants it to do.
  24. Oct 27, 2014
    Black Flag has one very real world, all thanks to the freedom brought by ships, which can be fully customized and are able to assault other ones. This is the most interesting part of Black Flag, as you can do this for 100 and not getting bored. However, land-based missions may not be as solid as other Assassin's Creed games.
  25. Dec 8, 2014
    Simply put its the best version of the game compared to any other platform, no doubt by the way, the graphics are incredibly and gamepad use for map is pretty cool. If you enjoy games for escapism this is a good game. However I find it too easy personally and too repetitive but its the only Assasins creed game that has kept me hooked for a while.
  26. Nov 19, 2013

Its all about the life of Connor's grandfather. The Pirate.

Even the Gamepads graphics for off tv play looks amazing and runs smooth.

1. Jan 14, 2014
    The Assassin's Creed series is teetering on the brink of saturation. Credit to Black Flag for escaping that fate thanks to its interesting and innovative mechanics. Naval exploration brings in several additional hours of gameplay, which along with its competent plot contribute to make Black Flag the best Assassin's Creed game since the second chapter of the series.
  2. A huge, almost constantly entertaining game. Brash, soulful and clever, it's astonishing that a title on a yearly schedule came out this meaty.
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is a great game on Wii U, but considering the frame rate issues, the absence of DLC support and a somewhat disappointing use of the Gamepad, you might want to stick to the other versions if you have the chance to.