4.0

1. Mar 17, 2015
    This is a VERY crappy game because it is for gals. The gameplay is crap. The graphics look ghastly and VERY bad. The controls are awful. It is even wourse than the poopsty-awful Ninjabread Man and Anubis 2. Hell it is at least better than London Taxi Rush Hour. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!! It sucks. Buy Nintendo Land and Hyrule Warriours instead.
  2. Jul 5, 2014
    I bought this for my 5-year old daughter for $20 new and she loves it, just as she loves the tv show. The review by Nintendo Life is done by an adult-male who didn't make any note of the reduced price for a smaller amount of content or of the fact that this is obviously a game for little girls. The game is made up of minigames that involve makeup, pets, and other barbie-related stuff. TheI bought this for my 5-year old daughter for $20 new and she loves it, just as she loves the tv show. The review by Nintendo Life is done by an adult-male who didn't make any note of the reduced price for a smaller amount of content or of the fact that this is obviously a game for little girls. The game is made up of minigames that involve makeup, pets, and other barbie-related stuff. The graphics are a very-good recreation of those from the cartoon show, almost identical, not that little kids really care. I haven't noticed any framerate slowdowns or glitches in the hour or so of gameplay that I watched. The sounds and voices sound the same as the show and the writing is as good as the show, which is decent. Just a note: I didn't notice any kind of promotions or advertising for the show or any Barbie products.

This is Absolutely Not a game for adults. Even if you are a pyscho-Barbie collector, I really doubt you would want to play this for more than an hour or two, but for $20 or less New, you won't take a big hit regardless.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Feb 4, 2014
    If you can look past the blatant consumerism and potentially damaging image-crafting effect that the classic line of dolls has on children, Barbie Dreamhouse Party has a lot going for it when scrutinized with an eye for metaphor.