7.3

1. Oct 25, 2013
    The game looks pretty nice on my Wii U! And the I haven't beaten the game yet but as of now its pretty intense and feels a bit more serious then the last Batman Arkham games. The only gripes I have with the game is that it feels and looks too similar to Arkham City and it does not have as many gamepad functions as the Armored Edition but other then that its still pretty awesome and its a nice edition for any Wii U collection. The Gamepad still has the radio chatter and Alfred talking through the gamepad and the map on the gamepad screen but the hacking and radio signals are no longer touch based, you also have to hold ZL and use the D-Pad to select your gadgets as they do not show up on the gamepad.
    The game is compatible with the Wii U Gamepad and the Wii U Pro Controller. It also supports off-TV play as well.
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    The cape is finally black, and there are no man panties in sight. Now Rocksteady should learn to make a serviceable Batman by omitting the absurd blue/purple cape and briefs, their Batman design is a walking paradox.
    P.S. The grey belt is nice, keep that too.
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    Like most gamers out there who enjoyed the first two Arkham games, I was very excited for Origins to come out. After getting 50% through the game I can say that although I enjoy it, I am also disappointed by some of the things I've seen.

I'll start with the good. Combat was one of my favorite things about the Arkham games and Origins didn't let me down in that aspect. I find it still
    as smooth and as fun as before, plus the addition of new enemy types keep it from getting too repetitive. I think the graphics for the game on the Wii U look amazing and I like having my map and current objectives displayed on the gamepad. I also find the new detective mode with the crime scenes a step up for the earlier games. Seeing how Batman actually puts everything together is something I have enjoyed very much. I find the story entertaining so far and I've enjoyed seeing how Batman first met some of his most famous ally's and enemy's.

Now for the bad.. For everything I enjoyed about this game so far I've seen something that makes it frustrating as well. The biggest is the glitches, although I haven't experienced game breaking ones like some reviews I have read I've still had to put up with some of my own. I've fallen through the map and got stuck more times then I ever want to again. I also don't understand why I can grapple on to some buildings and not others? My last big problem is the emptiness of Gothem City. I understand that they have some silly curfew in order but come on. A little more liveliness would of been nice, maybe some crime in progress that involved citizens getting mugged or something? The city just feels so dead to me.

If not for those issues I would of given the game a 9/10 instead of a 7/10. I hope the next Arkham game advances the series forward more than Origins.
  4. Nov 30, 2013
    i had high hopes for batman arkham origins. I wanted to love this game as much as i love arkham asylum and arkham city but i cant, i just cant do it. I was worried when i found out that rocksteady wasn't creating arkham origins but since im a fan of the first two(i rated both pretty high a few years earlier) i put faith in montreal studios and WB interactive entertainment to deliver something similar or better than the first two games but I was disappointed with the final product so i will start with the good first. the graphics are good but do not stand out. The controls are the same so that's a plus. The combat is roughly the same so also another plus. Arkham origins doesn't use the gamepad extensively like arkham city(rocksteady showing their superiority in design vs montreal and WB IE) But its cool.The shock gloves and attack grapple is pretty sweet and the city of arkham is just as big in arkham city if not bigger. The boss fights are...to say the least, more challenging than previous games but i will talk about that later. Well now its time for the bad parts: first the glitches, its pretty bad...actually its rage quitting bad. about every 20 minutes or so the game froze on me(just like darksiders 2, splinter cell blacklist on the wii u) Entering a new area of the map caused the game to freeze and i had to unplug my wii u since hitting the power button did nothing which got frustrating, also Id like to point out that sometimes when the game froze, I waited about 3 to 5 minutes and it finally kicked back into high gear but still it was very frustrating. Slow down happened mostly during combat and/or during exploration which,again, was very frustrating because sometimes this slowdown lead to the game freezing. Glitching through walls or sinking/falling through floors happened but not frequently. Enemies were also affected by glitches,sometimes when an enemy fell or was knocked out,they IMMEDIATELY got up while i started attacking another enemy only to ruin my combo chain with an attack from behind, countering is also spotty as attacks go right through your counter stance which,needless to say, is frustrating when your combo chain is 53 and your counter stance is completely ignored. Before i get to the boss fights i want to discuss the mad hatter level( i played this game with the hints off) The first door with the key hole was also affected by a glitch. I threw batterang after batterang to no avail but it was only when i turned on hints and what i needed to do was revealed that i was successful in passing this part, which was frustrating for me because i felt like the game either NEEDED to hold my hand on this part or it was a glitch. Now the bosses: this part of origins is freaking frustrating because its like the game NEEDS to hold your hand while playing as bosses are tediously cheap and frustrating starting with deathstroke. again, playing with the hints off, this fight was aggravating since you literally have little to no chance of winning if hints are turned off..turning them on(after losing 15 straight times) shows your EXACTLY when to counter him which sucks the skill out of this game but turning the hints off makes deathstroke a god....fighting fire fly isn't difficult as its just completely tedious and repetitiously boring but ending the fight with a hint is even worse...again with the hints off you wont know what to do or time it right if you want a victory over him to feel meaningful.. victory cant really be obtained without having hints turned off since you wont be able to time the counter correctly. fighting bain is where it REALLY gets frustrating, i mean he isn't pathetic as he is in asylum, its a good fight until henchmen,armored henchmen and karate guys jump in,this makes it easy for bain to mow you down as you try your best to avoid him or distract you while fighting him which is just cheap and frustrating. i also found the final fight with bain torturous and unfair since i had the hints off, i almost threw the gamepad through the tv when i successfully got behind him and it would not let me jump on him by pressing X. I think it was a glitch, but every time i got behind him it never let me grab him when i pressed X...he just turned around and threw me to the you failed screen...it was only when i was forced to turn on the hints when it allowed me to press X behind him which pissed me off...this is poor programming at its finest which is why i dont agree with most of this games positive reviews,its completely inexcusable. Its not the technology,but the programmers and designers of this game...the wii u deserves better than this. Taking out black mask as the main villain was also a mistake, i was looking forward to dealing with batmans other known criminals both when it was revealed that it was the joker all along i kinda felt lied to since before the game was released a lot of back-story was spent on black mask which basically got wasted! this game is a disappointment.6/10 Expand
  5. Nov 9, 2013
    This is definitely one of the best games I have ever played, and definitely one of the best games on Wii U. It may not have the multiplayer on Wii U, but if you have a Wii U, you should get it on Wii U, because it is $10 cheaper, and the gamepad makes gameplay extraordinary just Arkham City Armored Edition, however not quite as many gamepad features as Armored Edition had. If you like Batman, you will like this game. Bad reviews are given by people WANTING the game to be bad because it wasn't made by Rocksteady. Those people need to jump off a cliff because this is an amazing game. The most awesome thing about this game may be the boss fights, this game has some of the BEST boss fights I have ever played! If you like Batman and video games, you NEED to get this game. It is amazing! Expand
  6. Dec 31, 2013
    While I give major credit to the storytelling, Origins is more of what we already had. That's not necessarily a bad thing but the lack of almost no important new items and mechanics holds this game back. Also, the Wii U version suffers from some frame rate issues.
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    It's good but not as good as I was hoping. Graphics look great but not any better then the older systems such as ps3 and 360. I would say it's as good as Arkham City but not much better.
  8. Jan 7, 2014
    It actually seemed like a shorter main story then some games, but believe me there's plenty else to do as well. The city seemed kind of dull but it's night time so what do you expect. My game had a bug where you couldn't here certain audio on Local Surveillance. The fighting and predator gameplay was fantastic (I beat the game on hard mode and once i got the hang of things it was fun) The story was awesome, the game looked great. But the bugs and the dullness of some parts detracted from that. I give it a 8.5. Collapse
  9. Nov 26, 2013
    This game may be in my top ten favorite games of all time, it may not have changed the formula as much as city did but there is not as much to change that would be unneeded if you are a fan of batman arkham city i recommend this game. i have played all versions and the wii u version is probably the best because of the lack of the horrible multiplayer. the wii u version is also the cheapest being 10 dollars cheaper than all of the other versions. this is probably my favorite game of the year so far Expand
  10. Nov 2, 2013
    This game gave me a hemorrhoid, now I can't anymore, thanks Warner Bros. 1/10 would in a cup and throw it at the game case then light the disc on fire
  11. Jan 28, 2014
    One of the best games of last year. The gameplay and graphics are great. And the story was surprisingly the best thing about it. I love this game and I hope i'll play this again at one point. But I rented so, I don't know.
  12. Mar 7, 2014
    The game looks great and feels/plays, for the most part, as Arkham City, but it's so buggy that it's become nearly-unplayable. I've had Batman through the world a few times, which isn't that bad of a bug and can be overlooked; it's just a minor inconvenience when it occurs. The main issue being that game has frozen so many times for me that I have to play it in gamepad only mode which does help for a little while, but it seems inevitable, as it eventually catches back up to me... While I do regret giving the game such a low score, since it casts a bad light on the Wii U, turns out all this isn't just confined to the Wii U version. It seems things are just as bad or WORSE on other platforms, ranging from system crashes to corrupted/erased save files. All in all, I do (well, did) actually enjoy playing the game, but I refuse to subject myself to it anymore until (or IF) WB decides to fix it. Expand
  13. Jan 7, 2014

1. Mar 3, 2014
    Despite its similarities with Arkham City - Armoured Edition, this Arkham Origins ends up on a lower threshold. Its hints of innovation don't go as far as they seem to promise and the lack of a multiplayer component is simply impossible to understand. A higher degree of ambition would have worked much better for Arkham Origins.
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    The Batman: Arkham series has been of a consistent quality since it began with Asylum, but with not too many changes to the formula, it has started to become a tad too stale.
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    If you haven’t played a game in the Arkham series yet, you’d be better off starting with the superior Arkham City; diehard fans are sure to get some surface-level enjoyment out of Batman’s latest outing, but disappointment is sure to set in when examined too closely.