Bayonetta 2 Wii U

9.0

1. Oct 24, 2014
    Best hack and slash action game of all time. Flawless pacing, great graphics, the best combat ever, intense boss fights, great value (huge amount of unlockables and secrets) and varied and enjoyable music. If you are a fan of the original Bayonetta or games such as DMC and Ninja Gaiden, buy this game.
  2. Oct 24, 2014
    The first game is already amazing, the second one more so.

And with this package, you get both for the price of one. It's an awesome deal from an awesome company like Platinum Games.
  3. Oct 24, 2014
    Excelent, easily in the Top 5 games for Wii U right now, everything about this game is incredible, every moment is action-packed, the game always feel smooth and looking awesome, must have.
  4. Oct 27, 2014
    Fantastic game with beautiful design. It's the best game I've played all year! I bought a Wii-U for this and SmashBros, this game has validated my decision completely. The only gripe I have is the lack of anti-aliasing which makes the game a bit jaggy at times, in all honesty I'd love an option to drop the frame rate to 30 just to see the game at its best. If Bayonetta 2 wasn't so goodFantastic game with beautiful design. It's the best game I've played all year! I bought a Wii-U for this and SmashBros, this game has validated my decision completely. The only gripe I have is the lack of anti-aliasing which makes the game a bit jaggy at times, in all honesty I'd love an option to drop the frame rate to 30 just to see the game at its best. If Bayonetta 2 wasn't so good I'd be peeved by this but the gameplay and design overshadow this minor gripe and I can confidently give it 10/10. Expand
  5. Oct 24, 2014
    Perfect. The game is extremely fun to play and must by for any Bayonetta fan, or fan of this kind of games. Graphics are awesome and the game runs 60 FPS, which makes is look good. Voice acting is nice and the soundtrack is what you can expect from Bayonetta game. If you have Wii U, you should pick this game up and check the first one too, maybe before Bayonetta 2, if you haven't played it yet!
  6. Oct 24, 2014
    Why is Halo Master Chief collection not on Wii-U? That's what you guys sound like. I already know this game is going to have a 2.5 user rating because all the reviews will be like "Not on X1/PS4/PC lol why is not on a real gaming platform. I bet it will be multiplat in a month- 0/10" Its a disgrace to the gaming community that people will look up this game's metacritic and see a low userWhy is Halo Master Chief collection not on Wii-U? That's what you guys sound like. I already know this game is going to have a 2.5 user rating because all the reviews will be like "Not on X1/PS4/PC lol why is not on a real gaming platform. I bet it will be multiplat in a month- 0/10" Its a disgrace to the gaming community that people will look up this game's metacritic and see a low user score because all the reviews will be troll reviews like that. Please grow up. What I've played of the game itself (about 4 hours) is absolutely incredible. Its the best spectacle fighter/action game I've ever played. The game looks beautiful, runs well, has a great soundtrack and the story is over the top and wonderful. If you have a Wii-U, please buy this game. Not only to show support for an amazing developer in Platinum who continually gets shafted when it comes to sales, but also to show Nintendo that third party games as well as mature games will sell on their system. I love Mario, DK, Kirby, Zelda and the others, but it would be nice to have some more diversity among exclusives. The first game even comes included free with the second in most countries, for those who have never played it (it is also amazing). Expand
  7. Oct 25, 2014
    Insane action? Check
    Powerful gorgeous sexy leading woman character? Check
    Funny moments? Check Good audio to make your woofers and subs work? Check High framerate? Check Varied environments with varied gameplay? Check Star Fox? Check Colorful? Check Free Bayonetta 1 superior port? Check Big bosses? Check Very big bosses? Check Stupid enormous big insane bosses? Check Man,
    Insane action? Check
    Powerful gorgeous sexy leading woman character? Check
    Funny moments? Check
    Good audio to make your woofers and subs work? Check
    High framerate? Check
    Varied environments with varied gameplay? Check
    Star Fox? Check
    Colorful? Check
    Free Bayonetta 1 superior port? Check
    Big bosses? Check
    Very big bosses? Check
    Stupid enormous big insane bosses? Check

Man, the only thing I don't like is the lack of Anti Aliasing, but that's Platinum trademark since Kamiya himself hates Anti Aliasing. And since it's an action game, the jaggies aren't so bad when the game is in movement. Just don't expect great screenshots. The game is better in movement. Great game. Just... great.

Spent my entire night playing and every time I played and felt I was better at it, the game challenged me even more.
  8. Oct 24, 2014
    This game is a true successor... a true masterpiece.

Level designs are great, great soundtrack, excellent character design as expected again from Platinum Games. If you played the first one, this is a "not to miss" follow up.
  9. Oct 24, 2014
    It is not so perfect in a perfect way!
    Every wii-u owner need to buy this now, and if you haven't played bayonetta 1 buy the double pack :)
    10/10 for both games!
  10. Oct 24, 2014
    I'm still at what I assume is an early part of the game, but so far this game is flawless. The controls are insanely improved over the first game, there's the same over the top sense of humor, and overall I just haven't found anything wrong with it and have enjoyed every second. If anything changes I'll be sure to change my score, but so far this is a great game.
  11. Oct 24, 2014
    By far one of the best games of the year. It harkens back to a time when games weren't made to be padded and plodding (lookin' at you Shadows of Mordor, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed) but full of interesting mechanics and variety. It's old-school design in a perfect modern package. That's without mentioning that it's the very pinnacle of its genre.
  12. Oct 25, 2014
    Bayonetta 2 is everything it was hyped up to be. It's the perfect action game and simply the best game on a Nintendo platform in years. It doesn't do anything too differently from the first game, but that's good. Instead the game builds on the first one and takes it up to the next level. More insanity, more camp, more fun; Playing this game will make you feel like you're in an ecstasyBayonetta 2 is everything it was hyped up to be. It's the perfect action game and simply the best game on a Nintendo platform in years. It doesn't do anything too differently from the first game, but that's good. Instead the game builds on the first one and takes it up to the next level. More insanity, more camp, more fun; Playing this game will make you feel like you're in an ecstasy induced coma.

The controls are spot on, the combos and flow of battle are still magnificent, and witch time is still the coolest thing out there in action games today. The boss fights are even more grandiose than the first game, with crumbling stages, multiple bosses at the same time, fighting while flying through the skies, etc. The scenery and assets are gorgeous (even if the texture quality sometimes leaves something to be desired due to the weak hardware of the Wii U) The best thing though about Bayonetta 2 over the first one is that Platinum removed all of the frustrating instant failure QTEs that were found in the first game. There are still button prompts during the climax scenes and the like, but none of those "push this button in .5 seconds or you lose" QTEs. Great choice Platinum!

When I first heard that Bayonetta 2 was being revived by Nintendo I was both overjoyed and disappointed at the same time. The reason being I feared Nintendo was going to lower on the "aesthetic" of Bayonetta to make the game more "kid friendly". That isn't the case at all here, Bayonetta and her crazy antics are all still here to behold. She remains gaming's best heroine and is a true statement on what an empowering female character in a video game should be. She's pretty much the anti "femi-nazi" (modern feminist) and harkens back to what a real feministic character is. She's a strong cool badass, comfortable with her sexuality, and has a humanistic side that keeps her from veering too far off into the unrealistic territory (including a strong mothering instinct as seen at various points in the series).

I will say though that the only real issue I have with the game (and this is more of a personal reflection) is that during the climax scenes, you don't hear anything like the cover of "Fly Me to the Moon" playing. I really enjoyed that in the first game and it's a shame they opted to just play the regular score instead. Perhaps this changes later in the game (I am about halfway through).

Overall Bayonetta 2 is an easy choice for game of the year (and possibly of the decade). It's the sequel die hard fans of the series who will buy Wii U systems just to play this game (as I did) deserve. If you don't already own a Wii U but really want to play this game, please go out and support Nintendo for reviving the series and purchase one (as well as supporting Platinum for making such a great series). Believe the hype, it's real.
  13. Oct 24, 2014
    I bought this game only due to the lackluster wii U library. But WOW was i surprised, this game is a non stop action thriller that makes you file amazing for everything you do. I've not played god of war and i know there is allot similarity so i will have to check that series out as well. I haven't had this much fun in a video game since warhammer 40k space marine.
  14. Oct 24, 2014
    This game, probably one of the best hack and slash that existed, has an incredible design with estraordinarios combos, not to mention the beautiful graphics and amazing 60FPS! The WiiU Gamepad is very good for this class and innovative video game, not to mention other controls like the wii u controller, the wiimote with nunchuk (not sure if you can use, and tried not to use the wiimoteThis game, probably one of the best hack and slash that existed, has an incredible design with estraordinarios combos, not to mention the beautiful graphics and amazing 60FPS! The WiiU Gamepad is very good for this class and innovative video game, not to mention other controls like the wii u controller, the wiimote with nunchuk (not sure if you can use, and tried not to use the wiimote nunchuk in bayonetta). True, it may sometimes be a bit confusing history, but his characters, the creeps, the impressive gameplay, all this and more closed for this flaw.

The multiplayer is amazing if you want to play with a friend!

This game is essential if one tieness WiiU, or if you want a new console generation, you can buy anyone, but this class has WiiU exclusive Enjoyed a lot.

PS playstation and xbox have good and unique one excellent, but lack variety.
  15. Oct 24, 2014
    Jaw dropping. Picked game up this morning . Amazing in every way . Time to sell my Xbox one. The graphics gameplay and control are perfect . Get this game
  16. Oct 24, 2014
    Bayonetta 2 is ultimately the best non-stop action climax that you simply cannot put down your controller for hours. The HD graphics look more beautiful and colorful than the original counterpart. The controls are precise and easy to pick up... even the most complex combos are second to none. Even after beating the game, you can unlock even more weapons and Nintendo-themed costumesBayonetta 2 is ultimately the best non-stop action climax that you simply cannot put down your controller for hours. The HD graphics look more beautiful and colorful than the original counterpart. The controls are precise and easy to pick up... even the most complex combos are second to none. Even after beating the game, you can unlock even more weapons and Nintendo-themed costumes including the exclusive Fox McCloud outfit (Falco not included).

If you are a true Bayonetta fan, like I am, I strongly suggest you to pick up that copy for your Wii U right away. If you don't have a Wii U, buy the system and this game. Not only that, it comes with the enhanced original at no additional cost. For now, Bayonetta 2 is by far the best game ever made from Nintendo and Platinum Games. Final score: 10 out of 10!
  17. Oct 24, 2014
    This game is perfect. It is, without a doubt, the best game I have played all year. The cutscenes are exciting, and over the top. The gameplay is fun and addicting. And the story is memorable.

This game proves to you Wii U haters that Nintendo does have hardcore, mature games, and they are amazing. Anybody who has a Wii U should buy it. Anybody who doesn't should buy a Wii U to play

Anybody who has a Wii U should buy it. Anybody who doesn't should buy a Wii U to play it.

And to those of you giving it a zero, I highly doubt you've played it, and you're probably just mad it isn't on the PS4 or Xbox One. It's exclusivity is a plus, and serves as a fact that Nintendo gains from the losses of Xbox and PS4.

10/10, both games.
  18. Oct 25, 2014
    Believe the hype, this game is without question the best action game ever made. Platinum Games really pulled out all the stops with this one, a must-have for any Wii U owner.
  19. Oct 25, 2014
    This games goes "directly" to the number one my favourite hack & slash list.
    The game is extremely better than the first one. Air and water battles are fun and fresh, also I like to fight the new demons instead of killing only angels in the first game.
  20. Oct 24, 2014
    perfection at its finest. best game released on any console this year, brst graphics and game play Ive experience this year. Edge Magazine & game spot game this game a perfect 10 and call this game perfect and I agree.
  21. Dec 4, 2014
    The amount of action available in Bayonetta 2 is endless, very fun to play and there's even a lot of satisfaction by just beating a single chapter; the enemy design it's gorgeous and the overall presentation of the game it's more appealing than that one of the original Bayonetta, it feels more alive and thrilling, and fits very well with the personality of Bayonetta.The game is veryThe amount of action available in Bayonetta 2 is endless, very fun to play and there's even a lot of satisfaction by just beating a single chapter; the enemy design it's gorgeous and the overall presentation of the game it's more appealing than that one of the original Bayonetta, it feels more alive and thrilling, and fits very well with the personality of Bayonetta.The game is very accessible for those ones who are just trying to have a good time and doesn't disappoint for those ones who want to surpass their levels

Bayonetta 2 it's the closest Wii U game to reach the level of perfection in terms of enjoyability. If you have a Wii U or either plan to get one, make sure this game enters in your library.
  22. Nov 19, 2014
    The game is fun with great details, beautiful graphics and such amazing performance from Bayonetta. A must have game.

Platinum Games makes a wonderful job with this game, and I hope that there would be a sequel, in the same way of a Nintendo exclusive.
  23. Nov 25, 2014
    If you are looking for a game with frantic action, absurd graphics, replay huge factor and a lot of fun, this game is Bayonetta 2. No doubt Nintendo nailed to enter into a partnership with Platinum Games to bring back one of the best games of action of all time. The game offers a frenetic action to press buttons like crazy is not the solution, but for novice players can turn out to be aIf you are looking for a game with frantic action, absurd graphics, replay huge factor and a lot of fun, this game is Bayonetta 2. No doubt Nintendo nailed to enter into a partnership with Platinum Games to bring back one of the best games of action of all time. The game offers a frenetic action to press buttons like crazy is not the solution, but for novice players can turn out to be a good choice. In addition to offering one of the best graphics of the Wii U, Bayonetta 2 benefits of owning a huge replay factor, with many collectibles, customizations and even to please fans of Nintendo, a collection of clothes of its major series such as Mario, Metroid and Zelda . Couple this with the fact that the game running at 60 fps 1080p. Yes, if you own a Wii U and looking for a great game to do against big names like God of War or Devil May Cry, Bayonetta 2 is this game that not only is a hard match to those mentioned games, as also outperforms in many aspects. Buy it without thinking twice. Expand
  24. Nov 26, 2014
    Just an absolutely fantastic game, takes the awesome action and controls of the first and literally perfects them in every way. The story is much better than the first, though admittedly still semi-shallow and a bit convoluted without any real deep explanation of certain elements, but doesn't detract from the gameplay at all.
  25. Nov 20, 2014
    nitido, el juego que venia de la version 1 esta mejor que la version de xbox360, y el juego de bayonetta 2 me parecio bastante bien, ya que mantiene la emocion y los "cut scene" me parecen bastante bien, ya que son para darnos un respiro entre partes del juego.
  26. Dec 13, 2014
    This game is BRILLIANT! Love the story, the character/locations designs are pretty artistic, love the music so much, love the gameplay, I just can't express how good this game is, GOTY!
  27. Dec 22, 2014
    Incredibly fun gameplay, interesting storyline, atypical characters... if you're a fan of God of War or Ninja Gaiden, then Bayonetta 2 is definitely worth checking out!
  28. Dec 27, 2014
    This game is freakin amazing. You can tell Nintendo and platinum games really went all out on making it THE killer action game for the wii-u. A lot of these tend to throw the same enemies at you over and over, but it seems like every single level introduces another 4 new ones to fight. You are constantly being introduced to new stuff to do, and the weapon combos are top notch.

Not to

Not to mention how epic the boss fights are. Again, almost every single level has something insane to fight here.

10/10 would buy again. Oh, and Bayonetta is a badass.
  29. Jan 12, 2015
    Justo cuando creíamos que el año se terminaba, el excepcional estudio desarrollador de videojuegos Platinum Games,con Hideki Kamiya a la cabeza (quien fuera creador de Devil May Cry o Viewtiful Joe entre muchos otros títulos de Capcom),nos sorprende con la genial secuela de la bruja Bayonetta. Sensualidad,humor crudo,demostración de poder y una aventura que nada tiene que envidiar a lasJusto cuando creíamos que el año se terminaba, el excepcional estudio desarrollador de videojuegos Platinum Games,con Hideki Kamiya a la cabeza (quien fuera creador de Devil May Cry o Viewtiful Joe entre muchos otros títulos de Capcom),nos sorprende con la genial secuela de la bruja Bayonetta. Sensualidad,humor crudo,demostración de poder y una aventura que nada tiene que envidiar a las clásicas joyas Hack N Slash de sus hermanos mayores de antaño.

Gráficos:

Visualmente es muy apetecible ,los diseños fueron mejorados notablemente desde su primera versión salida en PS3/Xbox 360.Los escenarios son enormes,tal es así que uno mismo hasta puede observar a lo lejos lugares que podrá alcanzar mas avanzado el nivel.A pesar de ser exclusivo de Wii U,no tiene nada que envidiarle a un juego de esta generación,pues gracias a sus 60FPS constantes y 1080p las batallas de un hack`n slash jamas han resultado tan vistosas.En tanto los enemigos sufrirán diferentes transformaciones a medida que les propinemos golpes,de esa manera su cuerpo sera tan solo un puñado de carne mutilada al momento de padecer antes nuestros ataques.Simplemente excelente.

Trama:

La historia continua,un tiempo después del primer juego.Nos encontraremos con una Bayonetta mas relajada,pero a la misma vez muy consciente de su poder.Deberá enfrentar a un poderoso enemigo que nuevamente tratara de reunir los dos ojos,el de los sabios y el de las brujas.Inicialmente tendremos que rescatar el alma de Jeanne,su compañera,pero al avanzar la aventura iremos develando el pasado de Bayonetta,como así también la causa de la muerte de su madre y la guerra entre los sabios de Lumen y las brujas de Umbra.A cada momento la historia atrapa,pues con cada capitulo estamos cada vez mas cerca de adentrarnos en esta magnifica historia que nos ofrece el juego.

Jugabilidad:

Como novedad se incluye un modo online la mar de adictivo e incluso necesario puesto que recaudar la cantidad de halos necesarios para comprar ciertos items en la tienda de Rodin se nos dificulta con tan solo la campaña.En el mismo podremos acabar con los enemigos de manera cooperativa para dos jugadores,también podremos seleccionar personajes con su respectivo equipo.La transformación pantera se encuentra disponible desde el principio,sumado a esto tendremos la posibilidad de juntar magia esquivando enemigos con el tiempo brujo y atacando para así activar el climax de umbra al llenar barra mágica o si uno prefiere ejecutar ataques finales. Entre los coleccionables deberemos recoger las perlas y corazones,ya sea que estén dispersos por el escenario o acabando los desafíos Musphelheim. Derrotar ciertas hordas enemigas nos dará acceso a discos los cuales podremos intercambiarlos en el bar de Rodin por armas,estas mismas van desde una hoz hasta sables dobles que incrementan la velocidad con cada ataque e incluso un par de lanzallamas.Cabe aclarar que la mayoría de las armas podremos equiparlas tanto en los brazos como piernas.Por ultimo juntar cuervos de la sangre de Umbra desbloquearan sellos para postear en la comunidad miiverse. Por otra parte, las batallas son dinámicas,nada extensas y por sobre todo distintas,jamas parecerán repetitivas.Siempre habrá que innovar en los combos debido a la gran variedad de enemigos que utilizaran técnicas diferentes y si no mejoramos nuestro repertorio de golpes el resultado sera fatal culminando con un rotundo game over.

Música:

Tal como su antecesor,las mezclas J-pop con jazz estarán a la orden del día,incluso con la canción característica de “Fly me to the moon´´ del primer juego como con la principal de las escenas de lucha de éste: Tomorrow is mine.Ademas de las ya mencionadas canciones de pelea,endulzaran nuestros oídos magnificas orquestas imponiendo una sensación épica a las cinemáticas. Las batallas con los jefes finales no quedaran afuera,puesto que cada una esta animosamente musicalizada con la mejor OST del juego.Las voces de Bayonetta y compañía,perfectamente dobladas al ingles como así también podremos seleccionar los seiyus originales en japones,demuestra lo vivos y reales que pueden ser los personajes de los videojuegos.

Conclusión:

Palabras sobran para describir a esta genial obra maestra proveniente de la mente de Hideki kamiya y Platinum games,la cual ha cumplido con todas las expectativas,e incluso las ha superado con creces.Juego obligado para quienes sean orgullosos poseedores de Nintendo Wii U,no solo por este juego sino también porque ademas del mismo se incluye Bayonetta 1 totalmente remasterizado a 60 FPS,1080p e incluso trajes completamente nuevos como los de Link,Peach,Satr Fox entre otros.Recomendado y de lo mejor que nos dejo este 2014.Y para quienes ya estén a la espera de una tercera parte,Platinum games ha confirmado la misma y dará información a lo largo de este 2015.

Nota final:10 EXCELENTE
  30. Feb 3, 2015
    Its one of the best hack and slash games I have ever played!!! and the bundle including the first game it is amazing. This is a win-win game and it is must have game.
  31. Nov 23, 2014
    Bayonetta 2 is simply fantastic. From beggining to the end it is a ride with non-stop spectacular action. It looks way better than Bayonetta 1 thanks to the artstyle and color palette change. I really can't find any cons for singleplayer. It offers a ton of replay value. Multiplayer is a little dull because of its 6 stage structure but its an allright addition anyway.
  32. Jan 11, 2015
    Este juego ha sido delicioso en todos los sentidos de la palabra por que te atrapa con una protagonista tan sensual, tan desinhibida y tan pero tan rica como Bayonetta cerezita.
    Ademas el motor grafico es el que te da una experiencia que hace que aunque ya hallas acabado el titulo lo quieras volver a jugar una y otra y otra vez: De hecho este sentimiento no me lo compartia un juego desde los Ninja Gaiden de Nes. Ya que el juego tiene esa lasciva sensación de hacerte querer no solo que saques todos los contenidos extras: si no que metasy saques una y otra vez el disco que juegues mas seguido con Bayonetta y su enviciante titulo

Este juego te lo recomiendo ampliamente y es una razón mas que suficiente para decirte por comprar un Wii U.

La califaciónn de este titulo es de 10
    Deliciosamente exquisito, de verdad juéguenlo. Es una experiencia única.
  33. Apr 2, 2015
    Exelente juego, entretenido a más no poder, hermosas graficas, rejugable como pocos juegos de hoy en día, un nivel de dificultad en sus modos difíciles es solo para expertos, en fin un juego EXCLUSIVO para wii u que le da un valor agreado.100 % recomendable.
  34. Nov 21, 2014
    This game is awesome. The graphics really push the limits and the combat is as fun as ever. All though I do find it a little tough to activate Witch Time
  35. Jan 30, 2015
    The ultimate challenge in a franchise is to make successful sequels. In a world today of cash-in sequels, it is easy to be skeptical of more entries in a franchise. However, Bayonetta 2 is honestly how to do a sequel right, and if a company wants to make sequels the proper way, they should study Bayonetta 2 thoroughly.

Pros +One of the best hack and slash engines ever produced +The

Pros
    +One of the best hack and slash engines ever produced
    +The graphics, with an emphasis on blue, are heavily more appealing thanks to that Nintendo charm
    +Awesome boss battles
    +A much more fleshed-out soundtrack than the original
    +Difficulty is much more fair than the original
    +I also personally much preferred Bayonetta's design in this gme
    +It does what a sequel should: keeps what works from the first game, expands upon it (with Umbra climax attacks, challenge verses, and demons to fight), and throws out what some of the first game's annoyances.
    +Story is better than first game but....

Cons
    -...IT STILL SUCKS. AMNEISA AGAIN?!?! WHY!?!
    -Those weird cutscenes are back and yeah not much better

Final Verdict: 9.6/10 (Rounds to a 10/10) Even with a lame-ass story, Bayonetta 2 is one of the best sequels ever and yet another reason to own a Wii U.
  36. Nov 22, 2014
    Although I'm not a huge fan of this genre, I must admit I was really impressed by the game. It's spectacular. It's pure pleasure to play it, and to observe a creativity blowing out from the screen. Really recommended.
  37. Nov 23, 2014
    Absolute fun. It looks gorgeous and it gets shipped polished to a shine: I did not notice any bugs or graphical hiccups.
    At first I raked in silver ratings for the chapters at best, but once you actually learn the combos and learn to read the enemies animations so you know when they strike it becomes easier to get better marks. It's also nice that you get awarded for not mindless button mashing, even though it looks like just button mashing at first.

To the issues about oversexualisation and objectification of women:
    This game is absolutely over the top with their stereotypisation - they use parodies of clichés. You get the silly, foulmouthed italian mafioso type, you get the black tough guy à la Samuel L. Jackson Tarantino-Style, the slightly narcissistic beau-good guy Luka, the Italian Womanizer stereotype. And you get the sexy vamp "I care only about me" nigh-immortal witch, that finds pleasure in teasing everything and everyone. And she doesn't care about men one bit.

The sexualisation of Bayonetta, in that regard, fits right in with the parody cast. Do I sometimes cringe when I see crotch-shot upon crotch shot? Definitely. Do I mind it? No. It is a parody of sexualisation and objectification, and fits right in with the rest of the cast and story. I am for gender equality, and I don't like the girlyfication and objectification of women in the media, and most of all, marketing. This, to me, toys with exactly that and makes a joke out of it.

Oh, and, something nobody here or in any review mentioned: did anyone notice that Jeanne is very flat chested? She does not feature huge breasts, and that is actually refreshing in a world that screams "you have to have this big breasts to be womanly".
  38. Dec 7, 2014
    For me it's the best hack and slash ever, better than DMC, god of war or ninja gaiden, as simple as that. And in my opinion it's the best game of 2014
  39. Jan 4, 2015
    This game is perfect. Building upon what the first game offered, the sequel offers a great experience from beginning to end. The combat is great, with all weapons being useful in any situation but excelling in certain battles. The graphics look great with the scenery offering some beautiful views. The games plot is a lot more comprehendable compared to the first game, but the main draw-inThis game is perfect. Building upon what the first game offered, the sequel offers a great experience from beginning to end. The combat is great, with all weapons being useful in any situation but excelling in certain battles. The graphics look great with the scenery offering some beautiful views. The games plot is a lot more comprehendable compared to the first game, but the main draw-in is the battles. All of them are over the top and offer a decent challenge. This is a perfect game that, despite being aimed at older audiences, is an absolute great exclusive for nintendo is definitely a must own for all Wii-U owners. Expand
  40. Jan 14, 2015
    Second Try at a review, here we go!
    Positives:1. Fantastic controls and smooth gameplay with a darn near perfect combo system. 2. Stylistic cheesecake gives it a bit of sweetness. 3. Comes with the original Bayonetta with additional Nintendo costumes that can alter gameplay style.
    Second Try at a review, here we go!
    Negatives: 1. Really cool cutscenes that I wished I could play. 2. Cheesecake can be kinda immature(Yes, it's in both categories) 3. If you play the original first, you may get some story deja vu pangs playing the second.
    Overall, still a good game, I'll say 9, dang near required playing.
  41. Mar 24, 2015
    Bayonetta 2 is without a doubt a masterpiece. The greatest hack and slash action game of all time. I've come back to it again and again. Campaign is only 10 hours long but Ive already put 60 hours into the game with the amount of replay value it has. So many weapons, modes, different characters etc. Plus fan service with the nintendo costumes (love the starfox). It doesnt get better thanBayonetta 2 is without a doubt a masterpiece. The greatest hack and slash action game of all time. I've come back to it again and again. Campaign is only 10 hours long but Ive already put 60 hours into the game with the amount of replay value it has. So many weapons, modes, different characters etc. Plus fan service with the nintendo costumes (love the starfox). It doesnt get better than this. Again the best action game ever Expand
  42. Dec 18, 2015
    Bayonetta is in Smash 4 ... My feeble heart cannot take this ... I would have rated this game 11/10 but had to take away a point for almost killing me.
  43. Nov 29, 2015
    This game sold poorly cause it was only on the Wii U and the Wii U flopped in the market so that also factors into the low sale numbers.

But I'm happy I brought a Wii U just to play this game.
  44. Dec 10, 2015
    Bendigo a Nintendo por apostar y rescatar este maravilloso juego, es una delicia jugarlo. Un juego que no te puedes perder por nada del mundo, lo recomiendo.
  45. Oct 31, 2014
    This game starts off the way most games finish, and it just gets crazier from then. If you were a fan of the first one, you will most likely love this one too. It takes all the things that made the first one great and improves upon it, while removing the few things i didn't like. It is the best hack/slash action adventure game ever made, it is in my opinion the best action game ever made.This game starts off the way most games finish, and it just gets crazier from then. If you were a fan of the first one, you will most likely love this one too. It takes all the things that made the first one great and improves upon it, while removing the few things i didn't like. It is the best hack/slash action adventure game ever made, it is in my opinion the best action game ever made. I keep trying to remember the last time i had that much "fun" in a 8 hours time period playing video games.......Nothing comes to mind, not even close actually. This games has the best re-playability of any hack & slash game, unlocking all the content and chasing those pure platinum trophies that demand nothing short of perfection to achieve.
    This is MY game of the decade so far, simply because it was so much FUN.....thats the keyword..FUN, don't take this game or its plot seriously....just have fun
  46. Nov 1, 2014
    I can't say this is the first true classic on the Wii U, or even the second, or third. But what I can say, definitively, is that this is the most memorable true classic on the Wii U. There's a reason the vast majority of of critics have slapped this game with a perfect score. It's not just Nintendo fans praising this game left and right, it's everyone. So when I hear people say Wii UI can't say this is the first true classic on the Wii U, or even the second, or third. But what I can say, definitively, is that this is the most memorable true classic on the Wii U. There's a reason the vast majority of of critics have slapped this game with a perfect score. It's not just Nintendo fans praising this game left and right, it's everyone. So when I hear people say Wii U gamers are just starved and that's why we think Bayonetta 2 is better than it is, I say go fish, because this game is receiving praise across the board from fans and non-fans alike. I own all 3 consoles and both handhelds, and I still think this game is the best we've seen all year on any platform.

Bayonetta 2 is the real deal.
  47. Oct 30, 2014
    este año vio la luz el juego de platinum games, bayonetta 2 no cave duda el trabajo que hay detras de este juego es uno de los mejores juegos que vio la luz este año y solo puedo decirles algo.
    Todos aquellos que le dan calificaciones negativas a bayonetta son solo fans de sony y microsoft que siguen ardidos por que bayonetta 2 salio exclusivo para wii u en cambio todas las reseñas positivas y positivas me refiero de 90 para arriba y yo pienso que el 90 es muy bajo para este juego ya que es de 100 bayonetta 2 es el mejor juego sin duda echo por platinum games superando a su predecesor bayonetta 1 si tienes una wii u corre a comprarlo puesto que el juego no tardara en ponerce escaso en las tiendas pueden juzgarme loco si quieren pero no encuentro un mejor juego para el juego del año bayonetta 2 es una de las cartas mas fuertes para wii u este año y sin duda se convertira en un juego de culto corran y comprenlo se los recomiendo por completo
  48. Nov 1, 2014
    This game is not for the feint of heart, if you're a casual player please leave now, this game is not for you. It's challenging and if you want to be a completionist, this isn't something you can spend a whole night trying to finish because along with the challenge of trying to get Platinum for a stage and the amount of content within the game to discover it's overwhelming and will keepThis game is not for the feint of heart, if you're a casual player please leave now, this game is not for you. It's challenging and if you want to be a completionist, this isn't something you can spend a whole night trying to finish because along with the challenge of trying to get Platinum for a stage and the amount of content within the game to discover it's overwhelming and will keep you coming back for more, so many unlockables and so many things to find.
    And guess what... the game is complete, no nickle and diming going on here. However if they ever did make DLC it would be a nice addition as it would expand upon an already great and complete game.

If you're looking for a different experience to the first Bayonetta you're out of luck because it's essentially the same gameplay as the first just with slight variations and additions, but really, why fix something when it's not broken? Well maybe the insane difficulty is a little bit more friendlier than the first even on Normal but by no means is it not challenging to your reflexes and memory as a gamer.

The story and characters are over the top and simply ridiculous, but that's not a bad thing, it's a fricken awesome thing and the amount of times I laughed... I love the more vibrant colours compared to the first game too, the setting just looks a lot better in my opinion and the colours really bring out the world. And along with the new look for Bayonetta as well as all the new enemies everything looks great. Also if you're a prude you're going to hate Bayonetta's dominating sexual personality, but if you like me and don't care and think that she is just badass, then you will love her!

Let's hope this gets Game of the Year and shows all the haters and especially game publishers like EA and especially Ubisoft that Nintendo is still in this fight. And that people will buy games if they are **** excellent.
  49. Nov 2, 2014
    It's great and every gamer should have it, the dynamics of the game, the bosses weapons everything is really well designed by platinum games, for now game 2014.
  50. Oct 31, 2014
    Ah Bayonetta 2, what can i say that hasn't been said in every review already.

First off it continues the story of Bayonetta, a Umbra Witch who uses her hair (yes i said her hair) as a weapon to fight off angelic foes whenever she comes across them. This game expands on the enemy type to now also include her old demonic friends from inferno who have now become disloyal to her. This
    Ah Bayonetta 2, what can i say that hasn't been said in every review already.

This game builds on the first game quite well, even if on a less powerful system then we all wished for. The environments range from the golden skies of Paradiso, to the red and black world of Inferno itself, everything looks amazing. You can really tell the amount of detail and time they took to create each individual environment. The angelic enemies look similar to the first game with the porcelain faces and headless bodies but are still a spectral to look at. The new demonic enemies all look completely unique and fresh. The variety of enemies keeps it fresh, you never seem to be fighting the same 3 enemies for a prolonged period of time before a new enemy and intro popup. The one downfall of this is just the sear amount of intros for the amount of enemies you face someone slow down the pace of combat, when you go from one room seeing a brand new intro then you walk 10 feet and you see another one. Regardless it doesn't affect the game all that much.

Next the actual story. This game has had an amazing story as a selling point. Its ridiculous and over the top, but I'm okay with that as is many of the fans. The game itself is over the top, why wouldn't the story be as well? Though the story is not a selling point, it is in no way a bad story, its just goofy.

As for character design, they stay true to the original game. Bayonetta loves her blacks as much as Jeane loves her reds. Enzo and Rodin look about the same but that is neither here nor there. I honestly like Bayonetta's short hair this game a bit more then her over sized bun of the first game. Everyone swears a ridiculous amount, and where it doesn't bother me, it may offend some so if that's not something you're okay with this isn't the game for you.

The combat is amazing and fluent, the sheer amount of weapons you can unlock in this game is amazing. Once again you can add weapons to both your hands and feet for a endless amount of combinations (no not really endless but you have a lot of choices). This is the only game where you can wear chainsaws for ice skates that also doubles as a weapon. How can you ask for more? Nintendo did a great job adding their own touch of weapons including chomp chomp and mini Arwings. There is so much to unlock in this game that warrants multiple playthous. You can also unlock weapons from the first game in the second game as well for a even higher weapon count, so start collecting those halos!

Now that we have talked about everything I find amazing about this game, ill mention the parts that could of been left out. Bayonetta is a sexy hair witch who uses sex as a weapon, and no I'm not talking like Xena from Goldeneye. She uses her hair as both a weapon and her clothes so as she uses her wicket weave, clothes will start to disappear. And at the end of the fight you will climax, summoning a giant demon to finish off your weakened foes which will leave you completely naked (censored by your own hair of course). Now people seem to think there is a problem with this, which is fine everyone has their own tastes and own opinion which they are entitled to, but the developers are not trying to belittle women by over hyper sexualizing her, but she using as a weapon and it empowers her as she does it. Now i feel there are a few shots that do degrade her, it feels like some of the cut scenes were shot by some 16 year old trying to get a peep at his attractive neighbor. These could of been left out of the game and no one would of missed them i think.

Overall this is an amazing game, one of the best if not the best in the genre. The combat is both engaging and simple at the same time. You can hit buttons for easy combos and enjoy the game, or master every combo and master the infinite climate and tag climax modes. There are a few oddly placed camera angles, but don't let that take away from the game. I was a bit upset that this was a Wii U exclusive, but all i did was go out and buy a Wii U. I'm hoping that it sells well (yeah i know i have my hopes up) and we can get more out of this amazing series.
  51. Nov 14, 2014
    Another perfect game developed by platinum games. Ideal battle system and very clever, diverse level design. And unexpectedly good story with mindblowing ending. Soundtrack is very good too, but lacking such memorable tracks as "fly me too the moon" in the first one. Game is a bit easier than first part. I die only twice on normal difficulty, whereas i died very often in first one on easyAnother perfect game developed by platinum games. Ideal battle system and very clever, diverse level design. And unexpectedly good story with mindblowing ending. Soundtrack is very good too, but lacking such memorable tracks as "fly me too the moon" in the first one. Game is a bit easier than first part. I die only twice on normal difficulty, whereas i died very often in first one on easy difficulty. I think it's only flaw of this game.

And for crazy feminists, who think that this game offends their tender feelings. I think, that this game more feminist manifesto than all texts by Anita Sarkeesian and Leigh Alexander. You must only stronger ponder in its scenario.

I think that all gamers must buy this game and support very talented Platinum games and Nintendo
  52. Nov 16, 2014
    I just fell in love all over again. Brilliant, probably one of the best action games around. Good graphics, control, difficulty etc .. and still as much a work of art as a video game. It was always going to be hard to top the 'Fly me to the Moon' opening of Bayonetta 1, but the 'Moon River' sequence in Bayonetta 1 comes close enough and keeps the theme.
  53. Nov 5, 2014
    Excelente, incredible, lo unico es que el boss final no es tan bueno como el 1 pero por lo demas todo esta mejorado. Para mi incredible que un juego hack and slash tenga este nivel de perfeccionamiento, en desarrollo de historia casi como god of war, pero en dinamica que es lo que mas cuenta es sorprendente lo amo. Me encanto la historia me hizo entender mejor el primer juego y espero queExcelente, incredible, lo unico es que el boss final no es tan bueno como el 1 pero por lo demas todo esta mejorado. Para mi incredible que un juego hack and slash tenga este nivel de perfeccionamiento, en desarrollo de historia casi como god of war, pero en dinamica que es lo que mas cuenta es sorprendente lo amo. Me encanto la historia me hizo entender mejor el primer juego y espero que salga la proxima entrega para ver el epilogo de esta intrigante historia. Pure Platinum para Platinum games. Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2014
    Bayonetta is the same charming and chaotic game the first one was. Best game on Wii U, graphics are stunning, gameplay is perfect, no bugs or glitches. Amazing experience to be had on Wii U.
  55. Nov 17, 2014
    THIS IS THE REASON TO BUY A WI U. This game is perfect in almost every aspect. Great music, exciting battles, entertaining story, and interesting characters. The game is not super long but isn't super short either. The only complaint I have is the graphics aren't the greatest, especially when looking at the cutscenes. But that really is the only complaint I have.
  56. Oct 27, 2014
    Bayonetta 2 is the action game Wii U owners have been waiting for! Immensely fun with more combat depth than meets the eye. Thanks Nintendo for keeping this amazing franchise alive!
  57. Oct 28, 2014
    Bayonetta 2 takes what made the original amazing and improves upon that. Platinum Games and Nintendo have put a lot of care into crafting a perfect action game. (Also check out the phenomenal Wonderful 101, also by Platinum for the Wii U. You won't be disappointed.)
  58. Oct 27, 2014
    IMPRESIONANTE, el juego es una OBRA DE ARTE. El sonido es fantastico, la jugabilidad es perfecta, tiene tanta cantidad y calidad de combos que no terminas mas de hacerlos a todos, nunca se vuelve repetitivo.
  59. Oct 28, 2014
    One of the best games I've played in a very long time, truly a masterpiece. This game constantly challenges you in a fun way and keeps things fresh every moment of the way, nothing in this game ever felt tedious or repetitive to me. This game is every Bayonetta fan's wet dream.
  60. Nov 2, 2014
    As i was playing my first run on the hardest available difficulty, i couldn't help but feel conflicted about where this game stood compared to it's predecessor. I hold Bayonetta 1 dear to my heart. This game felt easy in comparison because of Umbran Climax and the fact that you didn't lose magic when you got hit. I was disappointed by this, and how "mashy" it felt because the motion is soAs i was playing my first run on the hardest available difficulty, i couldn't help but feel conflicted about where this game stood compared to it's predecessor. I hold Bayonetta 1 dear to my heart. This game felt easy in comparison because of Umbran Climax and the fact that you didn't lose magic when you got hit. I was disappointed by this, and how "mashy" it felt because the motion is so fluid. Initial impression of the game sat at an 8.5. HOWEVER after playing for hours in INFINITE CLIMAX lead to an enlightening moment. Everything came together and made perfect sense. The action is so speedy and really tries your reactions and ability to execute the most damage. Enemies so different from one another and having to think "What weapons should i equip against these guys". The amount of combos available is improved from the first game since each weapon has specific combos, along with the bread and butter combos so they can be used easily, but also leave room to become masterful with your favorite set. Accessories, Items, all come into play when you have to deal with each fight scenario in this mode. It's the kind of game that starts to reveal it's depth and you start to realize just how far you can go with it. I'm starting to feel as if i'm going to have to play the game for years to come to become satisfied with my skills. The motivation comes from how good it feels to kick ass! The art style, sound, visual effects, enemy reactions, the speed and chaos of everything happening at once! it's a very balletic advance and retreat so finely tuned that it's hard to think of a flaw. Everything that happens can be controlled and you know you messed up if you got hit, it's never the game's fault. The magic builds slowly this time around and when you finally get Umbran Climax in Infinite Climax it feels like a well deserved break where you can pummel your enemies in return and it's oh so satisfying. This thing is Masterfully executed and varied, no cut corners. You can feel the love with so much detail and content packed within. Truly an ode to the old-school gamer with a modern, unrelenting sheen. I'll be playing this game for a couple of years. If you're a hardcore, arcade0style gamer, rest assured that this is an obvious choice. If you're more casual, this game will still feel welcoming, and it might even provoke you to go deep into it's mechanics and become really skilled because it's so inspiring. PERFECT !0 Expand
  61. Nov 7, 2014
    It's a great game, you can play it on gamepad or TV, the history is funny except the end, but when you finish the game, you can play the online mode to get halos, end buy new things or play again the history to unblock a lot of items (depend of the dificult level)
  62. Oct 26, 2014
    Bayonetta 2 is one of those games that proves that a game can be stylistically gorgeous but also have substance there to keep gamers coming back for more. It takes the original and sprinkles a bit of magic on it, improving it ten-fold. Everything just seems so right about this game. The combat, the mental over the top levels and the musical score are some of the best things in gaming rightBayonetta 2 is one of those games that proves that a game can be stylistically gorgeous but also have substance there to keep gamers coming back for more. It takes the original and sprinkles a bit of magic on it, improving it ten-fold. Everything just seems so right about this game. The combat, the mental over the top levels and the musical score are some of the best things in gaming right now, not just in the hack ‘n’ slash and action/adventure genres, but in every genre. Quite easily one of the best games I’ve ever played and will maybe ever play again.
    (Full review at Ask Your Mum Gaming)
  63. Oct 28, 2014
    Absolutely flawless action game!
    Very colorful and astonishing graphics + 60 FPS, fast and fun combat system, AWESOME soundtrack, great cut scenes and story.
    A must have game for a Wii U owner.
  64. Oct 31, 2014
    This is the best game I´ve ever played and you also have to try it out. It´s worth to buy a Wii U just for this awesome game!!! It´s so much fun to play and the combat system has infinite combos, you can find out or practise in training mode.
  65. Oct 26, 2014
    Bayonetta once again impresses and delivers. This game takes the hack n' slash genre, flips it upside down, turns it inside out, and punches it so hard that it goes through the fabrics of time and space.
    This is hands down the best hack n' slash game of all time.
  66. Nov 12, 2014
    This is the best game ever. I cant believe how smooth the mechanics in this game are. I recommend this game to all the gamers out there. this is a true goty material game.
  67. Nov 1, 2014
    Just amazing, after THE Wonderful 101, Kamiya's team give to the WiiU Owner a excellent title. Thanks to nintendo for make this dream possible. it's just amazing
  68. Oct 29, 2014
    This is the best hack and slash game of all time
    Bayonetta + bayonetta 2 is perfect

if you don't have wiiU buy now and play this amazing game . if you have wiiu why you are here ?
    stop read this and go play one of the best game of the year .
  69. Nov 1, 2014
    Usually when I review something its really long and I try to highlight on both negative and positive aspects of the game. But Bayonetta 2, its so damn good that you literally have to force yourself to find something bad about it. If you have a Wii U, or don't, and you have ANY interest in the action genre, GET THIS GAME. Platinum went far and FAR beyond what they even needed to put in thisUsually when I review something its really long and I try to highlight on both negative and positive aspects of the game. But Bayonetta 2, its so damn good that you literally have to force yourself to find something bad about it. If you have a Wii U, or don't, and you have ANY interest in the action genre, GET THIS GAME. Platinum went far and FAR beyond what they even needed to put in this game to make it good and just made it an absolutely unforgettable experience. The gameplay is incredibly solid, expanding on EVERYTHING the first game had to offer. The amount of weapons and characters and items that spice up the gameplay is so vast and incredible. Getting bored of your current combos and setup? That's alright, just switch it up and everything is fresh again. Most weapons just feel very differently rather than reskins of eachother. The combos flow so smoothly and once again Witch Time has proved itself to be one of the best mechanics to ever grace an action game, or video game in general. The amount of trial and error involved with the bosses and enemies creates for a fun and challenging experience, learning the visual cues to enemies attacks is a core feature in this game and is actually really enjoyable considering the enemies are ALWAYS being switched up. Every chapter is filled with so much carnage that I can't specifically pick out any one that I didn't enjoy. It was a ride the whole way through. Even afterwards I cannot stop playing, with all the extra costumes, weapons, bosses, challenges, equipment to unlock and even the new online TAG CLIMAX mode, where you compete for halos and combo scores. There's so much to do that I cannot even fathom myself becoming bored with this title. The story was a HUGE improvement over the first, and was also great, even though the gameplay is the main attraction. The new characters such as Loki were very well developed. No spoilers involved but this game took a really risky plot device (Time Travel) and really actually made it work. Its a split between a sequel and a prequel, as the events do follow after bayonetta 1 but they also do a great job to explain the events that transpired in Bayonetta 1. One very minor annoyance I have is with Tag Climax's matchmaking system being slightly hard to find a partner, but I hope for them to update it in the future. It makes me sad to think that many people are not going to be able to play this game, and I encourage ANYONE to buy this game, or even a Wii U if you don't have one. Expand
  70. Nov 3, 2014
    I can confirm after beating the game this weekend that this is indeed a masterpiece and a true classic. The graphics, action, combos are just wonderful. Such easily accessible yet deep mechanics. The enemies and bosses are simply otherworldly literally and figuratively. In short you need to get this game. Best game out this year. GOTY!
  71. Nov 3, 2014
    Wii U lo vuelve a hacer, día a día asciende hacia la gloria y lo demuestra con sus nuevas Exclusivas, en este caso Bayonetta 2 es una obra maestra, todo Gamer debe de jugarlo, su historia es interesante y surgen muchos sub-capítulos o historias secundarias que se aclaran conforme avancemos en el juego, los personajes están muy bien desarrollados, pues te encariñas mucho con algunos deWii U lo vuelve a hacer, día a día asciende hacia la gloria y lo demuestra con sus nuevas Exclusivas, en este caso Bayonetta 2 es una obra maestra, todo Gamer debe de jugarlo, su historia es interesante y surgen muchos sub-capítulos o historias secundarias que se aclaran conforme avancemos en el juego, los personajes están muy bien desarrollados, pues te encariñas mucho con algunos de ellos, el humor, las bromas y los diálogos brutos siguen ahí y eso es de agradecerse, la esencia del primer Bayonetta se respeta y eso es un punto a favor, en cuestión visual es ESPECTACULAR! lo mejor que tiene Wii U hasta el momento y su Gameplay es Divertido, Fluido y Increíble, nunca te aburre, fue mejor de lo que esperaba, sin duda alguna un CLÁSICO MAS QUE LLEGA Y SE QUEDA PARA SIEMPRE SOLO PARA WII U
  72. Nov 13, 2014
    I normally don't give 10/10 ratings. Even my most favourite games have flaws. Often one mayor factor in games is left out in the cold.
    This is not the case here. Bayonetta 2 is the pinnacle of hack'n'slash games. It makes everything it does right.
    The Combat is tight, fluent and detailed. Enemies are varied. The story is over the top action, just like the gameplay, and fits perfectly. All the characters are likeable for what they are.
    The difficulty is easy on the easiest difficulty and very hard on the hardest.
    All weapons are useful and fun to use. To say that the replay value is high is an understatement.
    This game is a worthy successor to the first game that itself was a masterpiece already.
    10/10, my game of the year.
  73. Oct 27, 2014
    Belive the hype, this game is a lot of fun to play, great soundtrack, perfectly amazing gameplay... a true Masterpiece.

This game is PRRRRRRFECT period!
  74. Oct 26, 2014
    Bayonetta 2 doesn't hold back! DMC, DMC 3 Special Edition, DMC 4, DMC, God of War 2, God of War 3 are awesome games, but Bayonetta 2 is an evolutionary leap forward in the action game genre. The first 30 mins of the game was so rich I had to turn the game off for a moment to comprehend what I was seeing!
  75. Oct 26, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece, pure and simple. From start to finish I could not put this game down. This is a real "gamers" game. Amazing graphics, great game play, memorable sound track, and a very compelling storyline. This is definitely a strong candidate for game of the year in my opinion. You can't go wrong with this purchase especially considering the first Bayonetta is included.This game is a masterpiece, pure and simple. From start to finish I could not put this game down. This is a real "gamers" game. Amazing graphics, great game play, memorable sound track, and a very compelling storyline. This is definitely a strong candidate for game of the year in my opinion. You can't go wrong with this purchase especially considering the first Bayonetta is included. If you consider yourself a real gamer then do yourself a favour and pick this one up. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  76. Oct 27, 2014
    Only game that I can play where I enjoy the combat, am rewarded properly, and am fairly challenged.....all while maintain a firm erection. I usually have to pop a Viagra to enjoy games like Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy....with Bayonetta 2 I am saving money because I dont have to pay for doctor visits and drugs anymore!
  77. Oct 27, 2014
    Simply excellent, great game play, grat music, great art concept, 60 FPS, this game is a must have, it's so beautiful!. It is worth having a wii u for this game.
  78. Oct 25, 2014
    Awesome game! Played first game years ago and ended in infinite climax, and now playing since yesterday this one and im in love. Awesome graphics (not perfect but awesome), 60fps make the gameplay very smoth, history i nice, music TOP, bosses are cool, a lot of costumes, new moves, non stop action! This really is a game to play and play and play!!! I love it! New music theme is really good >_
  79. Oct 30, 2014
    Wii U has really hit its stride and Bayonetta 2 is a prime example.
    Please do yourself a favor and purchase this GOTY you will not be Destiny disappointed.
  80. Oct 24, 2014
    Bigger and Better. The game doesn't bring much new to the table but the sense of scale in every department is huge. The difficulty, the bosses, the action is just bigger than bayonetta 1. My only gripes are that they overused many levels from bayonetta 1 to the point where it dragged on a bit. The final boss is a bit of a disappointment since all the other bosses in the game are just topBigger and Better. The game doesn't bring much new to the table but the sense of scale in every department is huge. The difficulty, the bosses, the action is just bigger than bayonetta 1. My only gripes are that they overused many levels from bayonetta 1 to the point where it dragged on a bit. The final boss is a bit of a disappointment since all the other bosses in the game are just top tier in terms of design and difficulty. The story is more focused than Bayo 1 and the tag climax online mode if great fun with no lag, albeit a bit short.
    There are tons of unlockables and difficulty to chug along so this game will keep you busy for months or years. The best leap i think this game has over Bayo 1 is the sheer attack animations and how beautifully constructed they are.
  81. Oct 25, 2014
    As someone who is relatively new to this type of genre I was pleasantly surprised. I am not a huge fan of crazy hard games, but I was able to jump in with ease. I started out at 1st climax difficulty. I am still improving my combos, but overall 10 hours in I am having a blast. I recommend this game to anyone including casuals. I feel like everyone can find a way to have fun with this gameAs someone who is relatively new to this type of genre I was pleasantly surprised. I am not a huge fan of crazy hard games, but I was able to jump in with ease. I started out at 1st climax difficulty. I am still improving my combos, but overall 10 hours in I am having a blast. I recommend this game to anyone including casuals. I feel like everyone can find a way to have fun with this game no matter your skill level. Expand
  82. Oct 26, 2014
    Game is simply amazing...tons of action...some rpg elements. Great fighting mechanics...great art design. I csnt find ome bad thing to say about this game...and I rarely give any game a 10...awesome boss battles too.
  83. Oct 26, 2014
    This game is simply amazing! It's pure action non stop! Visuals look gorgeous, the music fits amazingly well depending the situation you are, boss battles are amazing as well, quick time events are perfectly animated, gameplay is smooth as hell and co op (both online and offline) is quite entertaining. That and the fact that comes bundled with the original game for free (which runs asThis game is simply amazing! It's pure action non stop! Visuals look gorgeous, the music fits amazingly well depending the situation you are, boss battles are amazing as well, quick time events are perfectly animated, gameplay is smooth as hell and co op (both online and offline) is quite entertaining. That and the fact that comes bundled with the original game for free (which runs as smooth as the sequel and has some extra features) makes this game a must but for every Wii U owner. Platinum Games has proven once again why they're mastees in Action games! Expand
  84. Oct 26, 2014
    This game is amazing. It takes everything wrong with the first game (slow combos and inconsequential story) and makes improvements in every way. Most people will ignore the story, but it is what DMC3 was to that series. It improves upon the characters and helps us see where they came from. The sexuality has been toned down, despite what everyone is saying. Halfway through, there isThis game is amazing. It takes everything wrong with the first game (slow combos and inconsequential story) and makes improvements in every way. Most people will ignore the story, but it is what DMC3 was to that series. It improves upon the characters and helps us see where they came from. The sexuality has been toned down, despite what everyone is saying. Halfway through, there is basically no sexual imagery outside. I actually tested each weapon on both hands and feet and the only ones that were sexual in any way were the ice/flame throwers, Undine, equipped to the feet. The only negative review I read seemed like a review of the demo or commercial than from someone who actually played it. In the end, that is what you need to do. Play this game. If you're uncertain if you'll like it, at least rent it. If you love DMC, you owe it to yourself to own this game, especially since the original is included for free. The only people I can't recommend this to are people who know that this type of game, stylized hack and slash, isn't for them. This won't change your mind. All cut scenes are skippable and changing the costume to Link will get rid of the minor disrobing in wicked weaves. This is a must own for Wii U owners over the age of 18, but don't give this to your kids unsupervised. The major complaints about the sexuality ignore that it's rated M, so don't give them fodder by being irresponsible. Expand
  85. Oct 28, 2014
    The game it's just amazing, non stop action and smooth gameplay, thrilling boss fights and perfect combat system, with lots to unlock, and a wonderful soundtrack; now this what I call a GOTY, thanks again to Nintendo for saving this game
  86. Oct 28, 2014
    This game if which is of the new generation. And what is important: it's additive, has speed, is playable and spectacular that leaves you breathless.

It is a good buy.
  87. Oct 25, 2014
    Bayonetta 2 is the best action game ever made, and it's only on the Wii-U. If you have any interest is having massive fun, and experiencing the thrill of it's crazy combat, get this game now. The Metroid costume is awesome, by the way...this game is a great fit for the Nintendo universe. Thankfully, there is no DLC, you get a free game, and there are tons of unlockables. Platinum andBayonetta 2 is the best action game ever made, and it's only on the Wii-U. If you have any interest is having massive fun, and experiencing the thrill of it's crazy combat, get this game now. The Metroid costume is awesome, by the way...this game is a great fit for the Nintendo universe. Thankfully, there is no DLC, you get a free game, and there are tons of unlockables. Platinum and Nintendo did it right. Expand
  88. Dec 8, 2014
    I like the ehmmmm....booty, and the **** and i love the parts when she go naked....the gameplay is nice....the **** are really nice...yea pretty good game.
  89. Nov 12, 2014
    This is a very enjoyable and fun action game. It is fast paced, intuitive and simply a blast. This game can be played by novices, intermediates and throughly enjoyed by advanced gamers who want to string together complex combos. Reviews, on other websites, that complain about sexual overtones are quite overstating this. The first game is more sexually explicit--however, if you have watchedThis is a very enjoyable and fun action game. It is fast paced, intuitive and simply a blast. This game can be played by novices, intermediates and throughly enjoyed by advanced gamers who want to string together complex combos. Reviews, on other websites, that complain about sexual overtones are quite overstating this. The first game is more sexually explicit--however, if you have watched any sort of Hollywood movie then you will have not qualms about it. The characters are a lot of fun, the graphics are crisp and bright, combat is smooth, and is generally a lot of fun. My only problem with this game, which is actually a testiment to how enjoyable it is, is the fact that it is a tad short. Regardless, this is a lovely example of an action game and what Nintendo (and developers like Platnium) can do on the WII U. Enjoy. Expand
  90. Nov 16, 2014
    Bayonneta 2 is always thrill to play. It is fast paced and it is just as good as the first Bayonetta. It doesn't do a lot to change upon the prior games formula but it is a rare instance where it is okay. It is an improvement not a game-changer. Both games are so much fun that it does not even matter. The story is just as jumbled and ludicrous as the first. These minor issues onlyBayonneta 2 is always thrill to play. It is fast paced and it is just as good as the first Bayonetta. It doesn't do a lot to change upon the prior games formula but it is a rare instance where it is okay. It is an improvement not a game-changer. Both games are so much fun that it does not even matter. The story is just as jumbled and ludicrous as the first. These minor issues only occurred to me in retrospective because I was too busy having fun Expand
  91. Nov 17, 2014
    Bayonetta 2 -

Pros: + Polished game-play mechanics + Diverse enemy combatants, weapons, and items. + Creative art design and color palette + Replay value + Music selection + Humorous + Bayonetta's character development + Fun Middle ground: +- The story in Bayonetta 2 is better than Bayonetta, but it is not the sturdiest pillar for the franchise ongoing... fair
    Bayonetta 2 -

Pros:

+ Polished game-play mechanics
    + Diverse enemy combatants, weapons, and items.
    + Creative art design and color palette
    + Replay value
    + Music selection
    + Humorous
    + Bayonetta's character development
    + Fun

Middle ground:

+- The story in Bayonetta 2 is better than Bayonetta, but it is not the sturdiest pillar for the franchise ongoing... fair nevertheless.

Cons:

- Enzo [ Utter annoyance]
    - Loki [ Dubious voice acting]

My recommendation: First-rate is an understatement. Bayonetta 2 is a high-quality action title within it's genre that current and future Wii U owners should have in their Wii U library for certain.
  92. Oct 27, 2014
    A partir de el uso desenfrenado de la sexualidad de Cereza, Platinum Games, Sega y Nintendo traen al wii u loq ue pienso es el mejor juego de acción del año. Los efectos cinematográficos del juego son excleentes, los combos disfrutables y sencillos de hacer (especialmente si se compara con su competidor más cercano en la consola que sería Ninja Gaiden III), algo que es fenomenal es cuandoA partir de el uso desenfrenado de la sexualidad de Cereza, Platinum Games, Sega y Nintendo traen al wii u loq ue pienso es el mejor juego de acción del año. Los efectos cinematográficos del juego son excleentes, los combos disfrutables y sencillos de hacer (especialmente si se compara con su competidor más cercano en la consola que sería Ninja Gaiden III), algo que es fenomenal es cuando se llega al golpe final y uno desea saber cómo bailará bayonetta previamente a su ataque.

El juego también tiene un sentido del humor muy bueno, rememora al juego, de la misma compañía, de Wonderful 101.

Gráficamente es maravilloso.
    Definitivamente es un juego que deben jugar los adultos en Nintendo, pero, con el motivo del alto contenido sexual, pienso que debe ser manejado para audiencias de menor edad, especialmente aquí en Latinoamérica donde los juegos son vendidos sin ningún problema a cualquier niño, pienso que los padres deben tener un poco de cuidado, pues el contenido sexual del juego puede ser inquietante para un niño.
  93. Oct 28, 2014
    I went into Bayonetta 2 with mid expectations, and I was surprised to how good this game was!! The story is pretty simple and good, the graphics are jaw dropping (seriously some of those levels were downright magnificent), and the music is godlike (really freaking catchy too!!), and most important of all the game-play is perfection, the depth of the combat system is unrivaled(so manyI went into Bayonetta 2 with mid expectations, and I was surprised to how good this game was!! The story is pretty simple and good, the graphics are jaw dropping (seriously some of those levels were downright magnificent), and the music is godlike (really freaking catchy too!!), and most important of all the game-play is perfection, the depth of the combat system is unrivaled(so many combos) and the amount of weapons in this game is huge. All in all the game is really worth the price, since you're getting two games for the price of one. Expand
  94. Oct 25, 2014
    A masterful game! This game has some of the very best gameplay in an action game ever with satisfying and skillful combat that is smart. Also, there is less filler than in the original game! The graphics are wonderful to say the least (At least, for the Wii U). While it does not match up to other current gen systems (like PS4 and XB1), the game looks very nice and has a more diverse colorA masterful game! This game has some of the very best gameplay in an action game ever with satisfying and skillful combat that is smart. Also, there is less filler than in the original game! The graphics are wonderful to say the least (At least, for the Wii U). While it does not match up to other current gen systems (like PS4 and XB1), the game looks very nice and has a more diverse color pallet . The soundtrack is also boasting with enjoyable music. The game does slightly slow down, but it is nowhere close unplayable unlike the PS3 version of Bayonetta 1. Plus, it comes with the original with V-Sync and improved graphics which makes the package a true bang for the buck. Also, there is tons of nods to other video games (ie Mario, Star Fox, Metroid, Sonic, etc.). Though, some people may not appreciate the sexual content of the game, but I've personally did not have a problem with it. A true game of the year candidate here if not winner! (Smash Bros, you're up next!) This is how actions games can perfect themselves. Also, no hate for the game due to the platform it is on because Nintendo was the only one with the balls to fund this hectic game. Now, back to the actual review. The game is worth the 60 US dollars (Or whatever your currency prices this masterful game) so pick it up immediately! Expand
  95. Oct 25, 2014
    Stunning game. Ran out a fully charged controller before I decided to take a break. My ps4 and Xbox 1 have never come close to this. The wii u has better games all round. Bayonetta is simply amazing and I don't say that lightly. It does get more in depth the longer you play it. Simply one of the best fighters ever made apart from maybe bayonetta the original. Buy it.
  96. Oct 25, 2014
    I was a big fan of Platinum Games' last Wii U release, "The Wonderful 101". It was charming, fun, and exhilarating. Unfortunately, it was also rough enough around the edges that it was hard to dub that game anything but a flawed masterpiece. "Bayonetta 2", on the other hand, combines the amazing style and game play of Platinum Games with the signature polish of Nintendo title. "BayonettaI was a big fan of Platinum Games' last Wii U release, "The Wonderful 101". It was charming, fun, and exhilarating. Unfortunately, it was also rough enough around the edges that it was hard to dub that game anything but a flawed masterpiece. "Bayonetta 2", on the other hand, combines the amazing style and game play of Platinum Games with the signature polish of Nintendo title. "Bayonetta 2" is the best game I've played all year, on any system, and it just might be the best action game I've ever played. Expand
  97. Oct 26, 2014
    Easily the best game on the Wii U, but still not quite perfect. Exquisite action sequences aplenty mixed with some of the finest controls I've ever experienced in a character-action game make Bayonetta 2 a difficult game to put down, even if it's a slightly exhausting experience. The graphics are better than I expected them to be, and it doesn't seem like there are unintended frame dropsEasily the best game on the Wii U, but still not quite perfect. Exquisite action sequences aplenty mixed with some of the finest controls I've ever experienced in a character-action game make Bayonetta 2 a difficult game to put down, even if it's a slightly exhausting experience. The graphics are better than I expected them to be, and it doesn't seem like there are unintended frame drops even when the action gets hectic. Bayonetta 2's only real fault is it's story - well developed as it may be, it's not presented in the best possible way, choosing strange still-filled cutscenes to convey the action. There is also a chance people will find some of the characters grating. Having played the original, while the campy hypersexualization of the titular character is still present, it feels slightly subdued in comparison. In all, Bayonetta 2 is a great game, though not perfect, and most certainly worth a purchase if you already own a Wii U. Expand
  98. Oct 29, 2014
    If you are a fan of the first Bayonetta, then you'll definitely love the second one! Everything good from the first game stay's but also improved. Smooth framerate crazy bosses. Even playing on the tablet is fun! For awhile of course. The only minor thing I don't like is the style of the characters and models. Looks a little weird during the cut scenes, during gameplay looks awesome though.
  99. Nov 1, 2014
    @Enforcer122 and here lies the problem with Metacritic, upset men with the mental age of a young child punishing games with a zero for some personal vendetta when they have not played it. That is a grudge not a review, it's a very good action game and worthy of the praise it's given , it improved on the original which was already great and gave me a free game with it just as an extra.
  100. Oct 29, 2014
    Excellent game loaded with content. Improves upon the first Bayo and even comes with it for free! Non-stop action and Bayonetta is one sexy, classy lady!

1. Jan 19, 2015
    Bayonetta 2 is an outright fantastic game. It’s another very good reason to own a Wii U and it outclasses practically every other game of this type by a considerable margin.
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 13, 2014
    I had a lot of questions in my head when I launched Bayonetta 2 for the first time. Is it possible to design a combat system as awesome as before, make it familiar, but not hackneyed? Is it possible to outshine the closing moments of the first game? The sequel needed just a couple of minutes to dispel all my concerns. [Dec 2014, p.62]
  3. Dec 5, 2014
    A more focused, more vibrant game that surpasses its predecessor and establishes itself as the best game on the Wii U and as the newest masterpiece of the genre.