Call of Duty: Black Ops II Wii U

6.8

1. Nov 27, 2012
    this game is great, showing new weapons, items and new ways to play online but in the wii u is the same as on other consoles except that divides the screen and does not charge for online play
  2. Nov 21, 2012
    ¡FINALLY! Finally you can play Call of Duty IN YOUR BATHROOM. Is that not amazing? Well, that's good. Maybe the touchable screen is not required, but the ability to play in the control it's well received here. The Wii U version looks a little bit better than the PS3/360 ones. I'm saying that because it's very destacable. Out of that stuff, Black Ops II is completely the same as the¡FINALLY! Finally you can play Call of Duty IN YOUR BATHROOM. Is that not amazing? Well, that's good. Maybe the touchable screen is not required, but the ability to play in the control it's well received here. The Wii U version looks a little bit better than the PS3/360 ones. I'm saying that because it's very destacable. Out of that stuff, Black Ops II is completely the same as the other consoles. Like in Assassin's Creed III and Arkham City, nothing changes. Elite it's not here, but you won't miss it, trust me. And stay relaxed, because the Season Pass is coming, the experience is the same. Saying this because many people affirms that this verision is an inferior one. Now, checking the game, unfortunately, the Black Ops II campaign it's too short, we're talking about between the five and ten hours. Always depend on the difficulty and the player's abilities. Multiplayer doesn't change much since the first Modern Warfare but anyway, Call of Duty it's still fun. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    Great looking game but I have found too many bugs in it, unlike the Xbox or PS3 version. Graphics, sound, all are great. Just too buggy. I was a bit let down after playing it.
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    Black Ops 2 para Wii U, a ser sincero mejora y empeora las cosas con respecto a las otras entregas.
    Con la posibilidad de usar el Wii U GamePad como apoyo, esta pudo ser la mejor versión, pero no, un multijugador mediocre, empeorado, un modo Zombies mediocre, errores, sin DLC, caídas en el framerate y gráficas desmejoradas arruinan esta versión del juego que pudo ser la mejor. Y no es que Wii U no sea potente, porque lo es y mucho, sino que la mediocridad de las third-parties no puede ser peor.
  5. Oct 17, 2013
    Call of duty BO2 is an excellent example of an fps game it's crazy fun and competitive But it's too old and it gets boring quick Besides those flaws I think it has great graphics and decent gameplay .the wiiU version is the best way to play this game
  6. Oct 27, 2014
    Really, nothing more than a solid Call of Duty game. With the same addicting online multiplayer, underwhelming campaign and more focus in online. If you remember the original Modern Warfare, then you know what Black Ops II is about.
  7. Nov 25, 2015
    This game kept me occupied for about 1.5 years. I got tired of it pretty much after those years. But it's a good game in general. The online is okay, it's not bad either.
  8. Dec 1, 2012
    All I have to say is what a package. The campaign was amazing and such a blast to go through, even though it was quite a short blast. Much like the other games in the franchise after cod 4, it is heavily story oriented. The difference is the branching story line system and customizable classes for single player campaign. They add a good amount of replay value so replaying this game throughAll I have to say is what a package. The campaign was amazing and such a blast to go through, even though it was quite a short blast. Much like the other games in the franchise after cod 4, it is heavily story oriented. The difference is the branching story line system and customizable classes for single player campaign. They add a good amount of replay value so replaying this game through making different choices will change how the story pans out. Contrary to popular belief, you don't change the path of the story line solely in the 'strike-force' missions (the RTS portion of the game). The way you maneuver, who you kill/ not kill and how you execute your assignments in the normal storyline also affect the story. Speaking of the RTS portion, though they were quite unique and a change of pace in the campaign, I really didn't enjoy them at all bar a select few. It didn't help I did this on the hardest difficulty (veteran). Luckily, you are not obliged to complete these strike-force missions and can continue without but will affect how the story pans out. The best thing about it, none of what happens is too far fetched and is quite believable. The characters are very memorable and you feel empathy for them: friend or foe. For a fictional character (s) that's quite the accomplishment.. Admittedly, the graphics are not mind boggling but the game makes up for that with a very smooth 60 FPS frame rate, something no other console shooter can do. The audio on the other hand is excellent and as far as the score is concerned, Trent Reznor (composer of the main theme) did a remarkable job. 'Tis so chilling and so epic at the same time.
    The multiplayer portion manages to stay true to its franchise and feel completely different simultaneously. Looks can be deceiving. Judging from trailers and what have you, it looks like a carbon copy of its predecessors. It really isn't. It has to be played to really grasp hold of it. The customisation is top notch. None of this cosmetic stuff but tangible benefits of mixing and matching different 'perks' and attachments. Every weapon is unique and have benefits for electing each. Overall, the futuristic maps really help make the game more fresh and the gun play still fasted and hectic.
    I'm going to cop-out of talking about the zombies portion as we could talk all day. It's zombie killing at its finest. One things for sure, the crafting mechanic is a welcomed feature and turns the challenge dial up just a tad. The grief mode (4 people vs 4 people vs zombies) is well... meh.

Solid 9/10. Not perfect 10 as the campaign was a smidgen too short for my fancy. BUY IT NOW!

1. Games Master UK
    Jan 15, 2013
    GamePad play doesn't make up for online gaps, but this is the best Nintendo CoD. [Feb 2013, p.77]
  2. Jan 9, 2013
    As a Wii U launch title, Black Ops II strives to innovate upon the well-known Call of Duty-formula, and to some extent it also manages to do so. While it still is very much the same game previously released on Sony's and Microsoft's consoles, it is the ability to play the game single-handed through the game pad that should be Nintendo's selling point.
  3. Placed in the greater CODverse and BLOPS2 is too inconsistent to rank among the classics. Nice ideas rub shoulders with absolute howlers, and smart additions are hampered by a complacent disregard for beginners. In the Nintendoverse, however, this COD is a big fish in a small pond.