6.7

1. Nov 27, 2012
    this game is great, showing new weapons, items and new ways to play online but in the wii u is the same as on other consoles except that divides the screen and does not charge for online play
  2. Nov 21, 2012
    ¡FINALLY! Finally you can play Call of Duty IN YOUR BATHROOM. Is that not amazing? Well, that's good. Maybe the touchable screen is not required, but the ability to play in the control it's well received here. The Wii U version looks a little bit better than the PS3/360 ones. I'm saying that because it's very destacable. Out of that stuff, Black Ops II is completely the same as the¡FINALLY! Finally you can play Call of Duty IN YOUR BATHROOM. Is that not amazing? Well, that's good. Maybe the touchable screen is not required, but the ability to play in the control it's well received here. The Wii U version looks a little bit better than the PS3/360 ones. I'm saying that because it's very destacable. Out of that stuff, Black Ops II is completely the same as the other consoles. Like in Assassin's Creed III and Arkham City, nothing changes. Elite it's not here, but you won't miss it, trust me. And stay relaxed, because the Season Pass is coming, the experience is the same. Saying this because many people affirms that this verision is an inferior one. Now, checking the game, unfortunately, the Black Ops II campaign it's too short, we're talking about between the five and ten hours. Always depend on the difficulty and the player's abilities. Multiplayer doesn't change much since the first Modern Warfare but anyway, Call of Duty it's still fun. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    Great looking game but I have found too many bugs in it, unlike the Xbox or PS3 version. Graphics, sound, all are great. Just too buggy. I was a bit let down after playing it.
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    Black Ops 2 para Wii U, a ser sincero mejora y empeora las cosas con respecto a las otras entregas.
    Con la posibilidad de usar el Wii U GamePad como apoyo, esta pudo ser la mejor versión, pero no, un multijugador mediocre, empeorado, un modo Zombies mediocre, errores, sin DLC, caídas en el framerate y gráficas desmejoradas arruinan esta versión del juego que pudo ser la mejor. Y no es que Wii U no sea potente, porque lo es y mucho, sino que la mediocridad de las third-parties no puede ser peor.
  5. Oct 17, 2013
    Call of duty BO2 is an excellent example of an fps game it's crazy fun and competitive But it's too old and it gets boring quick Besides those flaws I think it has great graphics and decent gameplay .the wiiU version is the best way to play this game
  6. Oct 27, 2014
    Really, nothing more than a solid Call of Duty game. With the same addicting online multiplayer, underwhelming campaign and more focus in online. If you remember the original Modern Warfare, then you know what Black Ops II is about.
  7. Dec 22, 2012
    Call of Duty, a franchise that has been milked more than any other franchise to date! I almost gave up on it and in fact haven't owned one since MW2 but I have played and beat all of them since. After MW3 I was about to give up on the COD franchise forever, thank goodness I didn't! COD:BO2 is a fresh take on the series, adding many new features and actually warranting a purchase this timeCall of Duty, a franchise that has been milked more than any other franchise to date! I almost gave up on it and in fact haven't owned one since MW2 but I have played and beat all of them since. After MW3 I was about to give up on the COD franchise forever, thank goodness I didn't! COD:BO2 is a fresh take on the series, adding many new features and actually warranting a purchase this time around. I decided to go with the Wii U version despite knowing that the 360 version was the best in terms of performance, out of the 3 consoles. There is a reason for this, the Gamepad! The Gamepad is an awesome addition to the COD world and it has to do with asymmetrical gameplay, not really the extra features of the Gamepad during single or multiplayer. COD on Wii U offers a unique experience that can NOT be found anywhere else, it has the ability to play multiplayer on separate screens without the need of split-screen a second console. This may not sound to impressive but the fact is that the game is running twice sending different images at the same time to the TV and Gamepad! One might think that playing on the Gamepad itself wouldn't be a good idea, thankfully that isn't the case. The Gamepad works flawlessly and displays a good enough image that it really doesn't matter what screen you choose to play on. The cool part is being able to play local or online with a buddy right next to you enjoying the action. This is the future my friends and it's great to see developers capitalize on this opportunity... Every game should have this feature as it really enhances the experience. Okay you get it, the Gamepad is AWESOME, you want to know about the game itself; COD:BO2 has been resurrected into something special. It looks like Activision and Treyarch were listening to the fans cry's because the game has got a facelift. Graphics are surprisingly topnotch, and where MW3 failed to impress, BO2 doesn't. It's beautiful destruction and one of the best looking in the series. The gameplay has also been reworked. They have an RTS type mode that is limited in scope but succeeds where others have failed! (I'm looking at you Command an Conquer Generals) In this mode you are given an option to have an overhead view of the field, seamlessly switching between FPS and RTS, giving orders to squad members or other types of vehicles and/or devises. It's not without its flaws but Treyarch is on to something special if they improve on it. They could even make an entire game based on this mode! It's that good... The game is a step in the right direction. Zombies is back and you could take it or leave it. I don't really want to get into that because everyone I know seems to have a different opinion on it. I like it but really can't compare it to the previous one because I really didn't like MW3 too much and didn't play Zombies last time around, but playing it now is great!

My main gripe on the Wii U version is that the game wasn't optimized for it like the 360 version which runs at a locked 60fps. The Wii U version manages to maintain 60fps throughout the MP but the campaign suffers when the action gets heated. It's not too bad and shouldn't really affect most people but it is noticeable nonetheless. The Wii U version is a great alternative for those looking for something new on Nintendo's new system and I do recommend it to those that have friends come over on a regular or family members that want to play at the same time; this is where the Wii U version outshines the competition and is the major reason why I would recommend it over the others.

1. Jan 15, 2013
    GamePad play doesn't make up for online gaps, but this is the best Nintendo CoD. [Feb 2013, p.77]
  2. Jan 9, 2013
    As a Wii U launch title, Black Ops II strives to innovate upon the well-known Call of Duty-formula, and to some extent it also manages to do so. While it still is very much the same game previously released on Sony's and Microsoft's consoles, it is the ability to play the game single-handed through the game pad that should be Nintendo's selling point.
  3. Placed in the greater CODverse and BLOPS2 is too inconsistent to rank among the classics. Nice ideas rub shoulders with absolute howlers, and smart additions are hampered by a complacent disregard for beginners. In the Nintendoverse, however, this COD is a big fish in a small pond.