Call of Duty: Black Ops II Wii U

6.8

1. Oct 1, 2016
    If you have played any CoD game, you know what to expect from Call of Duty: Black Ops II. The game doesn't break any new ground but it is a solid entry in the series and a welcome addition to the Wii U catalog, which is precariously short on competitive online games.
  2. Nov 25, 2015
    This game kept me occupied for about 1.5 years. I got tired of it pretty much after those years. But it's a good game in general. The online is okay, it's not bad either.
  3. Oct 27, 2014
    Really, nothing more than a solid Call of Duty game. With the same addicting online multiplayer, underwhelming campaign and more focus in online. If you remember the original Modern Warfare, then you know what Black Ops II is about.
  4. Oct 17, 2013
    Call of duty BO2 is an excellent example of an fps game it's crazy fun and competitive But it's too old and it gets boring quick Besides those flaws I think it has great graphics and decent gameplay .the wiiU version is the best way to play this game
  5. Aug 7, 2013
    Black Ops 2 para Wii U, a ser sincero mejora y empeora las cosas con respecto a las otras entregas.
    Con la posibilidad de usar el Wii U GamePad como apoyo, esta pudo ser la mejor versión, pero no, un multijugador mediocre, empeorado, un modo Zombies mediocre, errores, sin DLC, caídas en el framerate y gráficas desmejoradas arruinan esta versión del juego que pudo ser la mejor. Y no es que Wii U no sea potente, porque lo es y mucho, sino que la mediocridad de las third-parties no puede ser peor.
  6. Nov 27, 2012
    this game is great, showing new weapons, items and new ways to play online but in the wii u is the same as on other consoles except that divides the screen and does not charge for online play
  7. Nov 21, 2012
    ¡FINALLY! Finally you can play Call of Duty IN YOUR BATHROOM. Is that not amazing? Well, that's good. Maybe the touchable screen is not required, but the ability to play in the control it's well received here. The Wii U version looks a little bit better than the PS3/360 ones. I'm saying that because it's very destacable. Out of that stuff, Black Ops II is completely the same as the¡FINALLY! Finally you can play Call of Duty IN YOUR BATHROOM. Is that not amazing? Well, that's good. Maybe the touchable screen is not required, but the ability to play in the control it's well received here. The Wii U version looks a little bit better than the PS3/360 ones. I'm saying that because it's very destacable. Out of that stuff, Black Ops II is completely the same as the other consoles. Like in Assassin's Creed III and Arkham City, nothing changes. Elite it's not here, but you won't miss it, trust me. And stay relaxed, because the Season Pass is coming, the experience is the same. Saying this because many people affirms that this verision is an inferior one. Now, checking the game, unfortunately, the Black Ops II campaign it's too short, we're talking about between the five and ten hours. Always depend on the difficulty and the player's abilities. Multiplayer doesn't change much since the first Modern Warfare but anyway, Call of Duty it's still fun. Expand
  8. Nov 19, 2012
    Great looking game but I have found too many bugs in it, unlike the Xbox or PS3 version. Graphics, sound, all are great. Just too buggy. I was a bit let down after playing it.
  9. Mar 28, 2013
    While I enjoyed my time playing Black Ops on the Nintendo Wii, graphically the game wasn’t as good as it’s 360 counterpart and some important things were missing.

Two years later we get Black Ops II which surpasses the original game by a fair margin. It’s worth noting that it’s the third game of this particular spin-off (the previous games being World At War and Black Ops). Graphically this game can compete with it’s 360 counterpart and even has some unique features which I will explain in more detail.

One of the major differences is the way the game works with the Wii U Gamepad. It is possible to play the entire game using the Gamepad alone without looking at the TV. You can also do local co-op by giving one player a Wii Remote while the other uses the Gamepad. This is brilliant for Combat Training or Zombies mode as being able to talk to your friend in the same room is a great bonus.

Instead of killstreaks you now have ‘scorestreaks’ which are awarded to those who earn points, including assist kills and completing mission objectives. There are a wide range of scorestreaks including a pack of dogs, flying robots, bombers and more.

The new class customisation system called ‘Pick 10’ is brilliant because you can decide between lots of perks, lots of grenades, lots of weapon attachments or anything inbetween. As you level up your character you earn more perks and guns which is always a nice touch.

Zombies mode has several new maps, including one in which you hop onboard a bus and travel down the road, be warned though if you don’t get back on the bus it will leave without you!

Campaign mode is great and works as a continuation to the previous game’s story. This game is set both in the near future of 2025 and the 80s, starring Alex Mason and Mason’s son. Some fantastic voice acting and great set-pieces make this a fantastic interactive experience.

Overall this is a fantastic game and the online multiplayer is worth the price of the game on it’s own, everything else is just icing on the very tasty cake.

1. Games Master UK
    Jan 15, 2013
    GamePad play doesn't make up for online gaps, but this is the best Nintendo CoD. [Feb 2013, p.77]
  2. Jan 9, 2013
    As a Wii U launch title, Black Ops II strives to innovate upon the well-known Call of Duty-formula, and to some extent it also manages to do so. While it still is very much the same game previously released on Sony's and Microsoft's consoles, it is the ability to play the game single-handed through the game pad that should be Nintendo's selling point.
  3. Placed in the greater CODverse and BLOPS2 is too inconsistent to rank among the classics. Nice ideas rub shoulders with absolute howlers, and smart additions are hampered by a complacent disregard for beginners. In the Nintendoverse, however, this COD is a big fish in a small pond.