3.4

1. Dec 4, 2013
    This is the first Call of Duty title that has actually interested me in quite some time, and it's because the campaign is so different than previous installments of the franchise. I was quickly hooked on the underdog story and it held my interest even when it inevitably did something predictable.

The graphics are solid and look better than my roommate's XBOX 360 version, and the game's framerate remains solid even during intense firefights with a lot going on. The Wii U Pro Controller was perfect for playing this game, and I liked having the GamePad next to me to view my mission objectives. I feel that the GamePad is underutilized in this title, but it doesn't exactly detract from the overall outstanding gameplay experience.

The new alien mode is a lot of fun and I feel is another thing that gives this tired franchise much-needed life. While I was at first disappointed by the lack of zombies, this new mode is fun and challenging. It does put-off long-time Zombies fans by being so different, though.

The online multiplayer is seamless and made even better by the fact that Nintendo Network is free-to-use. When and if this game will receive DLC for the multiplayer remains up in the air, it seems.

I only hope that Activision will stop treating Nintendo owners as second-class citizens and start offering Wii U owners season passes, hardened editions, access to Elite, and the like. I would gladly have shelled out the extra money to get the hardened edition and/or the season pass if they were offered for my system.
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    The plot and characters were dull but the action was fast, varied and exciting.

The plot and characters were dull but the action was fast, varied and exciting.

Being the tenth game in the series, you can't expect the title to continue to innovate on the same levels it has over the years, but what you can expect is a thoroughly polished and well executed game and that is exactly what we received. Everything controls beautifully and you have a bevy of options to choose from, you can control the game with the GamePad, Classic controller or Wiimote and Nunchuck, all work great, all customizable.

I'm not into online gaming but I enjoyed the campaign very much and the multiplayer modes, which there are many, are all playable off-line with a local friend or with AI bots. I greatly appreciated this feature.
  3. Feb 21, 2014
    I normally only take the time to write reviews for games I feel are perfect 10's. But the 3.0 user score here is a disgrace. CoD Ghosts isn't the best game I've ever played, but it's certainly enjoyable. And the Wii U version is the only one which provides motion support, and of course the gamepad can be used as well (as can the Pro Controller)> Decent game, certainly worth consideration.
  4. Dec 23, 2013
    This game has a lot of flaws, no doubt about that. The campaign is one of the absolute worst campaigns I've ever experienced in a first person shooter, extinction mode is boring and gets stale very quickly. But the multiplayer is the most fun I've ever had with Call of Duty multiplayer. If this was a multiplayer only game, I'd give it a 9/10, but it's not and while it does have amazingThis game has a lot of flaws, no doubt about that. The campaign is one of the absolute worst campaigns I've ever experienced in a first person shooter, extinction mode is boring and gets stale very quickly. But the multiplayer is the most fun I've ever had with Call of Duty multiplayer. If this was a multiplayer only game, I'd give it a 9/10, but it's not and while it does have amazing multiplayer, if you're looking for a complete package, Call of Duty Ghosts is not that game. But if you're looking for some of the best arcade style fps action in some years, this is THE GAME to buy on any platform. Expand
  5. Feb 1, 2014
    Surprisingly, the graphics are the best on the Wii U (although graphics don't make a good game). The loading times seem quicker than in Black Ops 2, and Extinction mode feels very different to zombies, in good ways and in bad ways.
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    Even though each year these games feel like expansion packs, I feel obligated to buy the new installment. I bought this game on Wii U because why not.
    Anyways, It's a solid game, but the drawbacks are very apparent. For example, the maps are too huge for the 12 player limit for online multiplayer. But other than that it's what you'd expect it to be. It's another rehashed experience, but it's a solid rehashed experience.
  7. Feb 5, 2015
    Another year, another Call of Duty. Call of Duty: Ghosts is the tenth main stream game in the series and at launch critics and fans alike all gave the game mixed and negative score. I interest into why this game has gotten all the hate from everyone, but when I played get I can see why. First the story was weak with plot holes every where and game play section we seen in past game andAnother year, another Call of Duty. Call of Duty: Ghosts is the tenth main stream game in the series and at launch critics and fans alike all gave the game mixed and negative score. I interest into why this game has gotten all the hate from everyone, but when I played get I can see why. First the story was weak with plot holes every where and game play section we seen in past game and extinction I find pretty boring. The one part I enjoyed the most is the mulitplayer, but for a game on the Wii U. It's avenge, the graphics are good and the frame rate and dip some times. If you want to get into the series play Black ops 2 or Advance Warfare I think their better. Expand
  8. Aug 10, 2015
    Guys, it's not THAT bad.

Guys, it's not THAT bad.

Story/Concept: South America has invaded the U.S. by hijacking their orbital missile weapon. So it's up to the Ghosts (which are a team of soldier that use sneaky Geurilla tactics) to save the world! The campaign is fun, but far from perfect. One of the main selling points was the dog, but he's there for like 3 or 4 levels max. There's a helicopter segment (which I didn't like), There's a level set in a space station (which was awesome), and there's a level where you use a robot sniper (which I liked, but when did we set one up? Was another Ghost setting it up while the others were shooting everyone up, real "stealthy" by the way)

Graphics/Design: The game is alright to look at. However, there are some low-res textures and pop-in.

Sound: I like that they got Hollywood actors to play a couple of roles. Brandon Routh and Stephen Lang thought did a good job.

Gameplay: The same old Call of Duty, walking along a map, shooting people in the face, occassional set piece moments. I don't hate it, but I would like something new.

Multiplayer/Extras: The multiplayer has tons of customization options, and is my favorite multiplayer in the series by far. However , I can't play it until I install the DLC, and it won't even let me do that, WTF?

Verdict: It's not the best in the series to me (that's Black Ops II), but it's at least an enjoyable experience. I'm planning on getting on the PS4 once I get the system, it least it'll let me play the multiplayer!
  9. Dec 23, 2013
    Another Example of the Wii U Flexing it's Muscle, the games story isn't the best Duty... But it's not the worst either, the action is fast non stop 60fps romp tons of stuff happening on screen at once, it's only just behind Xbox and PS4 but only a millisecond behind, a few ugly textures pop up but overall you will only notice if you look up too closely, I only experienced 1 tiny second ofAnother Example of the Wii U Flexing it's Muscle, the games story isn't the best Duty... But it's not the worst either, the action is fast non stop 60fps romp tons of stuff happening on screen at once, it's only just behind Xbox and PS4 but only a millisecond behind, a few ugly textures pop up but overall you will only notice if you look up too closely, I only experienced 1 tiny second of the frame rate dropping in the campaign and multiplayer is flawless tons of people online, my favourite mode is infected, some of the missions are epic as you will see, space and underwater sections are particularly impressive and use of the Dog is pretty good, extinction mode is welcomed and is fresh faced definitely try this version, it isn't Black Ops.... think of it as this years Modern Warfare and you wont be disappointed. Collapse

1. Jan 10, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is everything that Call of Duty titles have been in the past: fast-paced action and the usual competitive multiplayer with a few twists thrown in.
  2. The multiplayer pillar is wobbly, but a lightness of touch elsewhere keeps the game steady. Not a stellar year for Call of Duty, but solid enough. [Jan 2014, p.78]
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    The new multiplayer modes are exciting, but they are bogged down by the low quality maps. If you just need a game to scratch your FPS itch, Ghosts will tide you over till another Call of Duty comes out, but if you are looking for a shooter that is surprising and profound, you are better off passing on Ghosts.