3.4

1. Nov 7, 2013
    A solid entry in the Call of Duty franchise.

A solid entry in the Call of Duty franchise.

For people new to the series: Simply put this is a very fun modern first person shooter that is easy to get into but very difficult to master. The single player is fun but the heart of the game is multiplayer. The sheer amount of unlocks and achievements/accomplishments and customization options this game has is mind boggling. The game looks good, plays smoothly, and has so much to it; this game will be by default left in my console for quite some time to come.

The Wii U version is masterfully done with nicer graphics than the Xbox 360 or PS3 version and a very quick and easy to use online multiplayer system.

My verdict: Must buy for any Wii U owner
  2. Dec 23, 2013
    Another Example of the Wii U Flexing it's Muscle, the games story isn't the best Duty... But it's not the worst either, the action is fast non stop 60fps romp tons of stuff happening on screen at once, it's only just behind Xbox and PS4 but only a millisecond behind, a few ugly textures pop up but overall you will only notice if you look up too closely, I only experienced 1 tiny second ofAnother Example of the Wii U Flexing it's Muscle, the games story isn't the best Duty... But it's not the worst either, the action is fast non stop 60fps romp tons of stuff happening on screen at once, it's only just behind Xbox and PS4 but only a millisecond behind, a few ugly textures pop up but overall you will only notice if you look up too closely, I only experienced 1 tiny second of the frame rate dropping in the campaign and multiplayer is flawless tons of people online, my favourite mode is infected, some of the missions are epic as you will see, space and underwater sections are particularly impressive and use of the Dog is pretty good, extinction mode is welcomed and is fresh faced definitely try this version, it isn't Black Ops.... think of it as this years Modern Warfare and you wont be disappointed. Expand
  3. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the best cod storylines yet. Great game modes. Only problem is lack of people online but still enough to enjoy. Don't listen to trolls :) Wii u gameplay although not essential does help smooth things out like changing loadout ect. Graphics are nice not the best but solid enough. Definitly worth getting if you want a shooter on the Wii u
  4. Mar 19, 2014
    This game does not deserves less than 6 or 7 ... If you think it is exactly like the last call of duty games, you are wrong ... It does not only give you a new campaign, the multiplayer is new and different, but not better, the maps are really large but it can be good and bad at the same time, the class options are confusing but plenty awesome too... It's definitely a new multiplayerThis game does not deserves less than 6 or 7 ... If you think it is exactly like the last call of duty games, you are wrong ... It does not only give you a new campaign, the multiplayer is new and different, but not better, the maps are really large but it can be good and bad at the same time, the class options are confusing but plenty awesome too... It's definitely a new multiplayer system...
    The campaign has it's flaws but it can give you chills sometimes as it is also both entertaining and boring sometimes, but good enough to get through them and complete them.
    And at last you have a new mode called Extintion, it can be repetitive but it is really good looking if you mind about graphics, and it is a blast if you play with people... Good too.
    So for me this game deserves an 8... If you hate this game because of the annoying retarded gamers playing online, you may be reasonable and blame THE GAMERS, not the game.
  5. Apr 18, 2014
    this is the best game in the world so buy it please and play multiplayer it is so good a game like this it has to be good come and buy it at walmart please
  6. Nov 8, 2013
    To be honest,Game is awesome.Amazing graphic,good gameplay.Of corse,Battlefild 4 is much better.But as for me score should be at least 7-8 not 1-3 points.
  7. Nov 5, 2013
    Graphics are really good and much improved from Black ops 2 on the Wii U. Better looking then a PS3 or 360 is capable of but not as good as a PS4 version. The alien mode is fun and i personally like it better then Zombies. Best graphics on the Wii U system and a definite buy
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    I picked up the game as a midnight release, but waited on this review in order to get a more in-depth feel for the game itself. While Call of Duty has never been revered for its story, for the first time since Black Ops, I feel like they actually tried on this one. The campaign was slightly interesting and actually had me get into it a bit. However, Call of Duty: Ghosts' real highlightsI picked up the game as a midnight release, but waited on this review in order to get a more in-depth feel for the game itself. While Call of Duty has never been revered for its story, for the first time since Black Ops, I feel like they actually tried on this one. The campaign was slightly interesting and actually had me get into it a bit. However, Call of Duty: Ghosts' real highlights on Wii U are its graphics and online multiplayer. While Call of Duty: Ghosts is not leaps and bounds beyond its PS3 and Xbox 360 brethren in terms of graphics, it is certainly a step in the right direction for proving the Wii U as a next generation console. The online multiplayer was sleek and easy to jump into, and the maps continue to get better in the Call of Duty franchise. The online capabilities also help show that the Nintendo Network is not too shabby of an online service. While the game isn't perfect, I believe that returning Call of Duty fans and especially newcomers to the series will overall enjoy the experience of Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Positives: Graphics, Online Multiplayer
    Negative: Campaign could be slightly more involved; Not displayed in the resolution predicted
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    I have no clue what people are complaining about. The game is gorgeous, and it runs flawlessly on Wii U. As always, gamepad remote play is great. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because I don't feel as if the multiplayer has made enough significant changes to feel fresh, but it's still addictive and fun.

if you have a Wii U, buy this game.
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    I hate trolls who write reviews of a game they don't own or play. I have the game. I'm nocheaters007 on it. I just got it today. There's a good size update when you start it. So far its fun. Let me explain this to the idiots. We buy the game for multiplayer and then story.
  11. Jan 29, 2014
    Best Call Of Duty game yet. I haven't played Multiplayer or Extinction but I buy games for the campaign stories. But my only is that, it only took me 4 hours to beat. It's to short. But it's one of the best games of last year and of all time.
  12. Nov 7, 2014
    You will most likely disagree that this game is getting a 8 from me. You might also be questioning, "What?! Wii U? Didn't even know Ghosts was on that." I have to say that Call of Duty: Ghosts is a really fun game, and yes, do expect more Wii U reviews in the future. So, the campaign has you play as Logan Walker, an ordinary soldier fighting with his brothers, Keegan and Hesh, and theirYou will most likely disagree that this game is getting a 8 from me. You might also be questioning, "What?! Wii U? Didn't even know Ghosts was on that." I have to say that Call of Duty: Ghosts is a really fun game, and yes, do expect more Wii U reviews in the future. So, the campaign has you play as Logan Walker, an ordinary soldier fighting with his brothers, Keegan and Hesh, and their Dad, Elias, in a stealthier than usual force called the Ghosts. That said, there are only a few more stealth missions than Modern Warfare, and all of them end up in a massive gunfight. This is fine by me but others may find this disappointing. You also have small sections where you play as your attack dog, Riley, and silently bite your enemies to death. Through all the campaign you are going after one man, Rorke, who was part of the Ghosts. The game ends in an unexpected twist ending that I'm not going to spoil. Overall, the campaign tries to be stealthy, but ends up being like Modern Warfare, except with more dynamic battles.For example, in the mission 'Federation Day', you are rappelling down a skyscraper, shooting targets, but near the end of the mission, you're sliding through the window of the skyscraper, shooting everything in your path.People who didn't like previous CoD campaigns aren't going to change their opinion here. As for someone like me, who enjoys the fun, exciting moments of Call of Duty's campaigns, will probably like Ghosts' campaign. Multiplayer is probably the first stop for professionals at CoD. Well, unfortunately the Wii U version of Call of Duty: Ghosts has hardly anyone online. Team Deathmatch may work, but more advanced modes like Domination will not, so unless you have a few Wii U friends who have the game, it's problematic. As for new modes, there's Cranked, a mode where you will have faster reloads and faster sprint, 2x Scoring, and a few other perks after you kill someone. Then, you must kill another player in the next 30 seconds, or you'll explode. Another new mode is Hunted, where you start off with a pistol and 12 bullets, and have to grab weapons from weapon drops to survive. There is also a 12 player limitation on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U versions of the game, and the problem with that is that the maps are quite large, so you might have trouble finding each other, where as PS4 and Xbox One players get 24 player limitations. You also get returning modes like Kill Confirmed. But you will most likely will not be able to play online on the Wii U version. That's why Squads, a new mode to the game, has a section called Wargame, where you can test your skills against Bots of any difficulty level. I personally think this is a really fun mode, and it should be a substitute for multiplayer fans. Another section of Squads is Safeguard, which is very similar to Modern Warfare 3's Survival, where you survive against a group of increasingly difficult enemies. Aside from new modes, though, Multiplayer and Squads are what you expect: perks, killstreaks, levelling up, prestiging and weapon customisation. The final mode of Call of Duty: Ghosts is Extinction, a mode where you destroy alien hives whilst fighting aliens, alone, with a few friends, or online (which has a better chance of working than Multiplayer or Squads.) This mode seems to combine Black Ops' Zombies mode and the more violent Left 4 Dead. Like the other modes, it is great fun. However, Zombies mode from Treyarch's Call of Duty games is the mode I prefer. On a side note, there is sometimes lag on the menu screen that seems to only happen on the Wii U and PC versions of Ghosts, and, being more specific to the Wii U version, the game can sometimes crash on startup, but fortunately, this doesn't happen very often. The Wii U version of Ghosts also has Off-TV-Play on the Wii U GamePad, and better graphics than the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, and, whilst the graphics don't look better than the PS4 version, they come close to looking like the Xbox One version. Overall, Call of Duty: Ghosts is certainly not the best in the series, but it's a nice addition offering a campaign full of exciting and fun moments, Multiplayer that works better on other versions, but not Wii U (unfortunately), Squads mode, with its team-based look on Multiplayer, and the excellent Wargame section and Extinction, a fun co-op alien survival mode. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2014
    If I had paid $60 for this game, I would probably feel the same as other reviewers of this game, but I only paid $17 so keep that in mind for my review.

I have played most of the COD games but not very intensely since MW1. This is your typical COD game. Great campaign mode that can be a challenge on the highest difficulty. It took me about 6-8 hours to complete on Normal and I am still working on the hardest level.

I have played online mostly and it has been typical COD fun. The perks are cool but I miss some of the old ones I remember from MW.

The thing I hate the most about this game is the limited number of players available to play this game online. I regularly only see about 200 to 300 people available to play. On weekends it can reach 500 to 600 but rarely more than that. I know on Xbox 360 I would have thousands of people to play against/with. OBVIOUSLY, this is due to the fewer Wii U owners than PS3/4 and Xbox 360/1 owners but it is kind of annoying to have so few people to compete against.

BOTTOM LINE: If you didn't buy this game from day 1 of the Wii U (and paid less than $30 for it) then you are probably quite happy with this game. I got my money's worth just with the time spent online. Yes it sucks that the DLC available on other consoles will never come to Wii U, but the game is still fun to play. It is frustrating that so many people have given this game a negative review even though it is still a fun COD game....but if I had paid $60 for it I guess I would be upset too.
  14. Jun 2, 2015
    Ok So First Of All This Is The BEST Call Of Doody Game Evar Because It IS THE MOST Funner Out Of TzHE Call Of Doody Franchise Because Of One Character Inside Of The Game
  15. Nov 5, 2013

Positives: Graphics, Online Multiplayer

1. Jan 10, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is everything that Call of Duty titles have been in the past: fast-paced action and the usual competitive multiplayer with a few twists thrown in.
  2. The multiplayer pillar is wobbly, but a lightness of touch elsewhere keeps the game steady. Not a stellar year for Call of Duty, but solid enough. [Jan 2014, p.78]
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    The new multiplayer modes are exciting, but they are bogged down by the low quality maps. If you just need a game to scratch your FPS itch, Ghosts will tide you over till another Call of Duty comes out, but if you are looking for a shooter that is surprising and profound, you are better off passing on Ghosts.