3.1

1. Nov 5, 2013
    Although this game is incredibly boring and improves on no points relative to the earlier entries in the franchise, it seems to work incredibly well on the Wii U. If you're interested in this game, try it on the Wii U, it'll be the best possible experience for this stale old shooter.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    Another lazy CoD4 expansion pack for FULL PRICE. Wooooooooo! Amazing! How did they think of this? Genius!

Stop paying full price for the same game year after year, you silly fanboys. Smarten up, kids.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Graphics are really good and much improved from Black ops 2 on the Wii U. Better looking then a PS3 or 360 is capable of but not as good as a PS4 version. The alien mode is fun and i personally like it better then Zombies. Best graphics on the Wii U system and a definite buy
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    I have no clue what people are complaining about. The game is gorgeous, and it runs flawlessly on Wii U. As always, gamepad remote play is great. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because I don't feel as if the multiplayer has made enough significant changes to feel fresh, but it's still addictive and fun.

if you have a Wii U, buy this game.
  5. Dec 4, 2013
    This is the first Call of Duty title that has actually interested me in quite some time, and it's because the campaign is so different than previous installments of the franchise. I was quickly hooked on the underdog story and it held my interest even when it inevitably did something predictable.

The graphics are solid and look better than my roommate's XBOX 360 version, and the game's
    framerate remains solid even during intense firefights with a lot going on. The Wii U Pro Controller was perfect for playing this game, and I liked having the GamePad next to me to view my mission objectives. I feel that the GamePad is underutilized in this title, but it doesn't exactly detract from the overall outstanding gameplay experience.

The new alien mode is a lot of fun and I feel is another thing that gives this tired franchise much-needed life. While I was at first disappointed by the lack of zombies, this new mode is fun and challenging. It does put-off long-time Zombies fans by being so different, though.

The online multiplayer is seamless and made even better by the fact that Nintendo Network is free-to-use. When and if this game will receive DLC for the multiplayer remains up in the air, it seems.

I only hope that Activision will stop treating Nintendo owners as second-class citizens and start offering Wii U owners season passes, hardened editions, access to Elite, and the like. I would gladly have shelled out the extra money to get the hardened edition and/or the season pass if they were offered for my system.
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    bsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player running around searching for enemies instead of playing the game. And I thought Call of Duty could sink no lower... Expand
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    Reviewers are getting PAID to give 80 and higher people! It's a disgrace to gaming and media as a whole. Ex-IGN employees actually admitted they get paid to give high marks! EA is also notorious to pay reviewers. Metacritic needs to get rid of these false reviewers. Welcome to 2013 where big companies pay reviewers so they make more money and we play uninspiring games. Meanwhile NSA is spying on their people, their allies and the rest of the world to steal information.
    PS I've played some single player Ghosts and it's CoD4/6 but with dogs. A disgrace to gaming. How are they getting away with releasing the same game over and? Don't buy it.
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    I hate trolls who write reviews of a game they don't own or play. I have the game. I'm nocheaters007 on it. I just got it today. There's a good size update when you start it. So far its fun. Let me explain this to the idiots. We buy the game for multiplayer and then story.
  9. Nov 5, 2013
    I picked up the game as a midnight release, but waited on this review in order to get a more in-depth feel for the game itself. While Call of Duty has never been revered for its story, for the first time since Black Ops, I feel like they actually tried on this one. The campaign was slightly interesting and actually had me get into it a bit. However, Call of Duty: Ghosts' real highlights on Wii U are its graphics and online multiplayer. While Call of Duty: Ghosts is not leaps and bounds beyond its PS3 and Xbox 360 brethren in terms of graphics, it is certainly a step in the right direction for proving the Wii U as a next generation console. The online multiplayer was sleek and easy to jump into, and the maps continue to get better in the Call of Duty franchise. The online capabilities also help show that the Nintendo Network is not too shabby of an online service. While the game isn't perfect, I believe that returning Call of Duty fans and especially newcomers to the series will overall enjoy the experience of Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Positives: Graphics, Online Multiplayer
    Negative: Campaign could be slightly more involved; Not displayed in the resolution predicted
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    To be honest,Game is awesome.Amazing graphic,good gameplay.Of corse,Battlefild 4 is much better.But as for me score should be at least 7-8 not 1-3 points.
  11. Nov 6, 2013
    Even though each year these games feel like expansion packs, I feel obligated to buy the new installment. I bought this game on Wii U because why not.
    Anyways, It's a solid game, but the drawbacks are very apparent. For example, the maps are too huge for the 12 player limit for online multiplayer. But other than that it's what you'd expect it to be. It's another rehashed experience, but
    it's a solid rehashed experience. Collapse
  12. Dec 13, 2013
    Im going with 0 on every plataform Activision.InfinityWard/Treyarch make this games winning BILLIONS!!!(No other company do this every year) every year changing almost nothing and adding almost nothing new things sincerely i wish not to cod die i wish to see more and more games like gtaV destroying Cod every year... i want to see cod (Worst Franchise ever) winning millions no billions fu ck ing thieves Expand
  13. Nov 25, 2013
    The plot and characters were dull but the action was fast, varied and exciting.

Being the tenth game in the series, you can't expect the title to continue to innovate on the same levels it has over the years, but what you can expect is a thoroughly polished and well executed game and that is exactly what we received. Everything controls beautifully and you have a bevy of options to
    choose from, you can control the game with the GamePad, Classic controller or Wiimote and Nunchuck, all work great, all customizable.

I'm not into online gaming but I enjoyed the campaign very much and the multiplayer modes, which there are many, are all playable off-line with a local friend or with AI bots. I greatly appreciated this feature.
  14. Nov 16, 2013
    Fairly boring game but i mean it offers what most people want/expect from a modern FPS. ~WhiteTalpa
  15. Feb 21, 2014
    I normally only take the time to write reviews for games I feel are perfect 10's. But the 3.0 user score here is a disgrace. CoD Ghosts isn't the best game I've ever played, but it's certainly enjoyable. And the Wii U version is the only one which provides motion support, and of course the gamepad can be used as well (as can the Pro Controller)> Decent game, certainly worth consideration.
  16. Jan 29, 2014
    Best Call Of Duty game yet. I haven't played Multiplayer or Extinction but I buy games for the campaign stories. But my only is that, it only took me 4 hours to beat. It's to short. But it's one of the best games of last year and of all time.
  17. Nov 7, 2013
    A solid entry in the Call of Duty franchise.

For people new to the series: Simply put this is a very fun modern first person shooter that is easy to get into but very difficult to master. The single player is fun but the heart of the game is multiplayer. The sheer amount of unlocks and achievements/accomplishments and customization options this game has is mind boggling. The game
    looks good, plays smoothly, and has so much to it; this game will be by default left in my console for quite some time to come.

The Wii U version is masterfully done with nicer graphics than the Xbox 360 or PS3 version and a very quick and easy to use online multiplayer system.

My verdict: Must buy for any Wii U owner
  18. Dec 23, 2013
    Another Example of the Wii U Flexing it's Muscle, the games story isn't the best Duty... But it's not the worst either, the action is fast non stop 60fps romp tons of stuff happening on screen at once, it's only just behind Xbox and PS4 but only a millisecond behind, a few ugly textures pop up but overall you will only notice if you look up too closely, I only experienced 1 tiny second of the frame rate dropping in the campaign and multiplayer is flawless tons of people online, my favourite mode is infected, some of the missions are epic as you will see, space and underwater sections are particularly impressive and use of the Dog is pretty good, extinction mode is welcomed and is fresh faced definitely try this version, it isn't Black Ops.... think of it as this years Modern Warfare and you wont be disappointed. Expand
  19. Dec 23, 2013
    This game has a lot of flaws, no doubt about that. The campaign is one of the absolute worst campaigns I've ever experienced in a first person shooter, extinction mode is boring and gets stale very quickly. But the multiplayer is the most fun I've ever had with Call of Duty multiplayer. If this was a multiplayer only game, I'd give it a 9/10, but it's not and while it does have amazing multiplayer, if you're looking for a complete package, Call of Duty Ghosts is not that game. But if you're looking for some of the best arcade style fps action in some years, this is THE GAME to buy on any platform. Expand
  20. Jan 12, 2014
    Game is just total **** the worst CoD I have ever played I mean seriously! The maps are too big, 6 vs 6 on current-gen console! battlefield is much better in every way! I mean how could you see one just ONE that is better in Battlefield! This game is just complete garbage... I have said enough.
  21. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the best cod storylines yet. Great game modes. Only problem is lack of people online but still enough to enjoy. Don't listen to trolls :) Wii u gameplay although not essential does help smooth things out like changing loadout ect. Graphics are nice not the best but solid enough. Definitly worth getting if you want a shooter on the Wii u
  22. Feb 1, 2014
    Surprisingly, the graphics are the best on the Wii U (although graphics don't make a good game). The loading times seem quicker than in Black Ops 2, and Extinction mode feels very different to zombies, in good ways and in bad ways.
  23. Jan 25, 2014
    On a console that has very few online games, Ghosts proves to be a decent game for Wii U owners to play online. Of course, the graphics are still substandard, frame rate drops occasionally, crappy story, and a campaign that loses its fun after its first play through.
  24. Jan 14, 2014
    First, the maps are just too big you are running almost all the time and when you see somebody alone in the house he is gonna be camping with that explosive thing that kills you in a second. The extinction mode is just a lame copy of the zombies and its not even funny.
  25. Mar 19, 2014
    This game does not deserves less than 6 or 7 ... If you think it is exactly like the last call of duty games, you are wrong ... It does not only give you a new campaign, the multiplayer is new and different, but not better, the maps are really large but it can be good and bad at the same time, the class options are confusing but plenty awesome too... It's definitely a new multiplayer system...
    The campaign has it's flaws but it can give you chills sometimes as it is also both entertaining and boring sometimes, but good enough to get through them and complete them.
    And at last you have a new mode called Extintion, it can be repetitive but it is really good looking if you mind about graphics, and it is a blast if you play with people... Good too.
    So for me this game deserves an 8... If you hate this game because of the annoying retarded gamers playing online, you may be reasonable and blame THE GAMERS, not the game.
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    it's a solid rehashed experience. Collapse

1. Jan 10, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is everything that Call of Duty titles have been in the past: fast-paced action and the usual competitive multiplayer with a few twists thrown in.
  2. The multiplayer pillar is wobbly, but a lightness of touch elsewhere keeps the game steady. Not a stellar year for Call of Duty, but solid enough. [Jan 2014, p.78]
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    The new multiplayer modes are exciting, but they are bogged down by the low quality maps. If you just need a game to scratch your FPS itch, Ghosts will tide you over till another Call of Duty comes out, but if you are looking for a shooter that is surprising and profound, you are better off passing on Ghosts.