8.0

1. Nov 19, 2012
    Epic game, the adventure game of the year, is still the epic version of ps3 and 360 but this one is the definitive edition, epic combat, epic story EPIC!
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    Definitely the definitive version of this game... graphics seem slightly better to me on the wii u over the ps3, and it all runs silky smooth. While the gamepad is not implemented a ton, the things that is used for (like inventory management) really do help with the gameplay. This is all-around the best version of an already-incredible game, and something you have to buy if you are into action/adventure games Expand
  3. Nov 29, 2012
    Utterly.
    Amazing.
    The graphics are clear, although the sound is... eh. The palette of color spread around this game makes it visually stimulating like nothing else. Bright neon colors, to dim and dark shades. The sound on the other hand is... well, pretty much nonexistent. When going through a dungeon, it's near dead silent unless there are enemies around. The game play is fantastic, it
    controls easily and fluidly, even the wall running is easy. My only complaints about this game is that some of the interactive controls are hard to use (for example, the ball you push gets stuck on tiny rocks), and sometimes the enemies get a little boring, but not for long. Expand
  4. Jan 6, 2013
    An excellent game with magnificently crafted puzzles and action, as well as being large enough to keep you entertained for many hours, easily pushing the content-price ratio in favour of the consumer. The GamePad is utilised enough to be useful, and doesn't force you to look down any more than you would like to in an adventure game. Bugs caused me to have to reset the console on numerous occasions, but seeing how vastly huge this game is, the number of bugs is easily forgivable. An overall beautiful game brimming with content and awe-striking detail. This is a must-have game in your Wii U library. Expand
  5. Feb 27, 2013
    The game has a great story if you played the prequel but it's Meh if you didn't, the attacks and the amount of weapons is great too, the puzzles are excellent, the levels may become a little bit repetitive as the missions last for a long time, the ability to switch weapons directly is nice and the boss fights are epic
    the only complaint I have is the camera during normal play (there is a
    lock on system for battles) Expand
  6. Jan 8, 2013
    Never played Darksiders, let alone it's sequel on the other consoles. I'm not entirely sure what attracted me to the Wii U version, but I'm glad I bought it. Great blend of action, puzzles, graphics, sound, and story telling. It's part Shadow Of The Colossus, part Legend Of Zelda. All the features from the other two consoles (including DLC) are on this disc. As it says on the cover "5 additional hours of gameplay." Plus, it includes a good stock pile of weapons and armor to help boost your character to incredible strength The only issue that holds this game back from being perfect is that it has some frame rate issues. I'll battle 5 or 6 enemies at once and the frame drops a little bit. However; the same issue has been said about the other console versions. Despite one issue, this is definitely one of the best games on Wii U. Expand
  7. Jul 21, 2014
    Expansive semi-open world adventures aren't really the most common thing on the Wii U, and Darksiders 2 is one of the earliest available options for fans of the genre to get their fix.

It's fitting that this game came to a Nintendo console, because the gameplay structure is very obviously based on The Legend of Zelda: you brave dungeons in search of keys, a dungeon map, and a new item,
    with a boss encounter in the end. The actual controls are closer to a traditional brawler, however, with plenty of button-mashing and combo options. It is a pleasant structure that should sway fans of both action RPGs and hack 'n' slash titles.

Sadly, some problems do take away from the experience, beginning with some stylistic choices. You play as Death, one of the four riders of the Apocalypse, and it's fair to say his character design looks straight out of a He-Man cartoon. He isn't ominous or mysterious: he's just a muscular, testosterone-filled zombie thing. His bad-boy personality is also quite annoying, and the world itself is a bit too dreary to be as inviting for exploration as settings like Hyrule and Skyrim. The storyline itself is confusing and uninteresting, especially if you haven't played the first game in the series.

The Wii U gamepad is used for inventory management, which works quite well. The effort to integrate the hardware into the game here is commendable, and way better than third parties generally offer on the console. Still, I couldn't find an option to make it display a map, and that's certainly something the game needs. I found myself pausing often to look at each area's general design, since the on-screen map display is very restrictive. There are also some quite sketchy motion controls in place for swimming sections, but thankfully those can be turned off.

Most problems in the game can definitely be overlooked in face of the enjoyable action, but one of them is absolutely inexcusable: four or so hours in, I ran into a game-breaking bug. I accidentally knocked a puzzle piece out of reach, and as a result couldn't complete the dungeon. The game's auto-saving feature meant that I had no option other than restarting from scratch. Looking for a solution online, I found out that there are several other known glitches, none of which were the one I ran into. This sort of careless design is one of my largest pet peeves with the game industry nowadays, and one that I can't really overlook.

Calling Darksiders II a darker version of a Zelda game would be somewhat accurate, and this alone will be enough to convince some gamers to take the plunge. The game is a decidedly fun experience while it lasts, only without the level of polish seen on better titles. Its world, characters, and lore lack charm, and glitches threaten to cut the enjoyable hack 'n' slash action way short.

Rating: 6.0
  8. Aug 9, 2013
    WiiU Edition.This game was a real surprise. The style is great, and the characters are awesome. The bosses were epic and plentiful. I loved the voice acting, and the music/sound. Great adventure/RPG with just the right amount of puzzle. The graphics are good, and smooth despite reviews i read about occasional screen tearing. I never had any of that, it played great all the way through. i did run into a few glitches, but nothing that wasn't solved by reloading the last autosave/save.
    This game would have gotten a 10 out of me, if it wouldn't have had those glitches(due to poor porting i'm assuming), and if the weapons system was more refined and simplified. A lot of useless weapon drops, however i guess thats not really a downside for some.
  9. Nov 29, 2013
    This is an amazing game. The perfect combination of The Legend of Zelda and God of War all wrapped up with a great atmosphere and amazing soundtrack.
  10. Apr 26, 2014
    questo gioco รจ uno dei migliori giochi mai fatti dalla thq e dpero che la nordic games riesca a fare un sequel degno di questo gioco che ama prendere qui e la elementi di altri giochi

1. Jan 17, 2013
    Darksiders II is an excellent launch game to test your Wii U. Its mixture of gameplay styles puts the console through its places and proves that the Wii U is well adapted to traditional games. Besides that, Darksiders II is an enormous adventure and the Wii U version even includes the first round of DLC on the disc, so if you've been holding out on Darksiders II, the Wii U version is the one to get.
  2. Jan 15, 2013
    If you're a Wii U owner who hasn't played this on other systems, and are itching for Zelda, this is a great way to make the wait more bearable. [Feb 2013, p.77]
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    In the end, the Wii U version of Darksiders II is almost exactly like the other console versions. The added control options are nice but don't give Wii U owners a large advantage over their brethren.