5.5

1. May 13, 2014
    It's a pretty easy game to review. If you like the show or the book then you'll love this game more than the first, more characters, story goes further and a few changes to game play. If you're a fan of warriors games in general you'll enjoy this as well. If you like none of those things... don't expect to like this game.
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    While it's undeniable that a few more months in development could have made this game far better, what's here is seriously a lot of fun. I'll start with negatives, though. The first problem is (of course) the graphics. The environments are rather bland with a few exceptions, and the character models vary from good for the game's playable characters to downright terrible for generic enemyWhile it's undeniable that a few more months in development could have made this game far better, what's here is seriously a lot of fun. I'll start with negatives, though. The first problem is (of course) the graphics. The environments are rather bland with a few exceptions, and the character models vary from good for the game's playable characters to downright terrible for generic enemy and NPC models. Not to mention that the draw distance is very poor in this game. There are also several design choices that don't make a whole lot of sense, like being unable to jump, not including every story arc from the original manga, and having most of the coolest content as DLC. Maybe Koei's pushing for Ken's Rage 3, but who knows.

Now for the positives. The gameplay (while monotonous) really brings out the inner man-child in you when you're killing twenty guys in a single combo in a fantastic and bloody display. The characters are very likable (even royal bastards like Raoh and Kaioh were really cool once I learned more about them). The story is great (though I can't credit Koei for that since it's based on a critically-acclaimed and, like I said, they don't include every story arc), and even had me nearly tearing up from time to time when important characters died. And the music? Good God, is this game's soundtrack freakin' awesome!!!

This game is certainly not for everyone and it's a little overpriced (not helped by the fact that it's download-only), and don't get my praising it wrong: it's nowhere near as good as Warriors Orochi 3. But for any fans of Fist of the North Star or the Dynasty Warriors games, this is a must-own.
  3. Mar 6, 2014
    Eventhough the critics do have a point about this game.....well....I @#$%^&* LOVE IT! It's fun, fast pace and a great improvement (besides the questionable load times, you can't jump and how the story is sometimes told in comic book strips.) over it's predecessor! The game is fun and sometimes game companies now a days just need to learn to make EXCELLENT GAMES yes but game developers needEventhough the critics do have a point about this game.....well....I @#$%^&* LOVE IT! It's fun, fast pace and a great improvement (besides the questionable load times, you can't jump and how the story is sometimes told in comic book strips.) over it's predecessor! The game is fun and sometimes game companies now a days just need to learn to make EXCELLENT GAMES yes but game developers need to remember one thing about gaming...."HAVING FUN" and this game is really fun! I give it a 7.5/10 while it's predecessor gets a 7/10! Both are fun games and both are just as awesome despite their drawbacks! Expand
  4. Mar 10, 2014

1. Horrible stuff. [Apr 2013, p.85]
  2. Mar 11, 2013
    With this being Tecmo Koei's second game for the Wii U, it's unacceptable for it to make similar mistakes to those made with Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper. Not only that, but this game appears to be less enjoyable than its predecessor, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage.
    The bloody legacy of Fist of the North Star could have yielded a satisfying, violent melee action game, but intrusive and uninteresting cut scenes, neutered enemies, and repetitious combat make Ken's Rage 2 an exercise in tedium instead.