How to Train Your Dragon 2 Wii U

4.9

1. Nov 28, 2014
    I am so glad I rented this game instead of buying it. This game would be a decent buy for $10 max! Unfortunately, no one is selling it for that price yet.

I played it for maybe 30 minutes before I gave up on it. Flying around on the dragons was fun but the mini games got old fast. Controlling the dragons isn't difficult but children will struggle to maneuver the dragon through the ring mini games. The biggest problem with the game is it is so limited in what it offers a player. There is no story/campaing mode. There is limited multi-player action available.

It feels like the developer spent a lot of time trying to get the visuals to look nice and the controls to not be broken and they ran out of time to make an actual complete game. I feel bad for any parent that bought this game for their child and then had to see their kid quit on the game probably immediately.
  2. May 27, 2016
    Best game of the 21st century. if you like cheese this game is for you. What we at Galliant Reviews mean is that it gives you all the goodness of a "cheesy" game! haha... It does for some odd reason make you crave dairy products, cheese specifically.

Yours truly, - Galliant Reviews
  3. May 29, 2016
    The only good thing is the music BUT the music was taken straight from the movie's soundtrack. Just another cheap cash-grab from a really good animated movie.

1. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    Aug 8, 2014
    Underwhelming. [Sept 2014, p.90]
  2. Jul 18, 2014
    After the first 20 minutes I though “Hey this ain’t so bad.” But since the second, third or fourth 20 minutes give you exactly the same content as the first 20, I changed my mind. It is quite bad.
  3. Jun 27, 2014
    The developers missed a trick here. In my opinion, the game could have been so much more quite easily. The flying is brilliant, allowing you to bank so harshly and attack means that we could have had a game that set island against island in numerous battles. However, we are stuck with an ok racer dragged to mediocrity by idea of the “Dragon Games”.