7.9

1. Apr 26, 2013
    Great fighting game in all terms. Except 2 features that really frustrate me. 1.) Difficulty okay medium guys is supposed to be medium not hard, sometimes you get hit once and the enemy just combos you until your dead or when they get hit they fall and end up doing a wake up attack (which is an attack that after someone gets up from being knocked down they hit you) and then they end upGreat fighting game in all terms. Except 2 features that really frustrate me. 1.) Difficulty okay medium guys is supposed to be medium not hard, sometimes you get hit once and the enemy just combos you until your dead or when they get hit they fall and end up doing a wake up attack (which is an attack that after someone gets up from being knocked down they hit you) and then they end up getting another combo on you and it repeats. 2.) controls unresponsive sometimes I press all the buttons and it doesn't work. That all my problems. Expand
  2. Aug 21, 2015
    Injustice Gods Among Us is basically Mortal Kombat with DC Characters and no fatalities. But still this game is pretty good to play with friends and be competitive.
    But for me the game feels a bit easy/easier then you ordinary Mortal Kombat game (like MX X).
    Overall this game is like I said before and is simplified... it's fun to play with friends or a friend. I still recommend if you

I still recommend if you want a Mortal Kombat styled game with DC Characters and no fatalities .
  3. Apr 22, 2013
    From Netherrealm (Mortal Kombat) comes Injustice. I really was not a fan of MK VS. DC Universe but Netherrealm gets another shot with the DC Universe and they do not disappoint.....much.
    I am reviewing the Wii U version since I have it but rest assured the game is the same on all 3 consoles. The Wii U version is cleaner and the off TV play is nice but for the most part the frame rates, speed, effects...it is all the same. People say the Wii U version has better frame rates. Maybe hey do. Some TV's have a better refresh rate which can help with gaming. But basically.....All are the same.
    The Wii U may not get the DLC......That is a big problem and makes me wonder about my purchase. I guess we will see.
    Now, for the game itself. 24 fighters battle over 15 arenas. The game plays a lot like Mortal Kombat which is a good thing but does enough to separate itself. The combo system and normal moves are very MKish. The fighters have 2 throws....like Mortal Kombat. Unlike MK, Injustce has 3 buttons for low, med, and high attacks instead of 2 punch and 2 kicks. There is an alt button used for a special set-up or move list for each fighter bring more depth to each fighter. The fighters special moves are all kinds of crazy mixed in with the normal fireball dive kick type moves that MK is popular for. Some fighters seem to be a little more varied thanks to some of them having special moves that do a ton more damage but like all fighting games, patches will balance it out.
    Now, the alt button. One thing that separates Injustice from other fighters including MK is being able to use the environment. Depending on what type of fighter you use (Power, Gadget....ect.) depends on what and how you use the environment. Power fighters will slam a car on you, a technical fighter may drive the car on you. Perhaps it is too easy since you only need to press a button but the moves do not do a big deal of damage and it is a good time searching for what you can use in the environment. Taking a cue from MK Deception and Dead or Alive, you can slam people through walls knock them through signs....ect. Making each stage multi-layered. Again adding more depth to the arena. Netherrealm has quickly became the masters of stage making in the fighting game world. MK's was great but these are better. They also do justice to the DC world. One goof was the clash system they use. It is a wager system and from what I can tell it is useless or broken. You wager how much you want and then the fighters collide at the center of the ring. Playing the computer on harder levels is frustrating. It never loses. That and the fact that it could use a little more depth with some fighters is really the only complaints I have.
    The Story mode is great. They have added a little more than just fighting to it and some of it is hit and miss but it is amusing. It was only a matter of time before quick-time events showed up in fighters as well. The story is ridiculous but in a good way. It adds a good 4 hours to the single player.
    The Star Labs is basically the Challenge Tower in Mortak Kombat. You can't skip characters which is frustrating but it is fun and adds a ton to the single player gameplay and mixes up the fighting and challenges a great deal.
    Another cool add is the data the game shows. It shows how much power you dish out all the way to the frames where you connect on the hit. It is helpful in the tutorial but the tutorial is missing some of the moves and more skilled techniques.
    Online is great but the Wii U version is missing some stuff. I am sure the other versions are better than the Wii U version because of it. I have also got into a few laggy matches but overall, I am satisfied with it.
    Great game. Worth the money. Does the DC Universe justice, MK fans justice, and is different enough to sat comfortable with the other games on the shelf. If given a choice, I would of probably grabbed the PS3 version just to be safe about the DLC, But til they say "No DLC on the Wii U", I am gonna assume it is coming.

1. Jul 15, 2013
    For fans of superheroes and fans of fighters, this is a very shiny product. With more characters confirmed to be joining the roster, it's only going to get shinier.
  2. Accessible beat-'em-up that puts on a dazzling display. Comic fans will love its use of DC, but shallow gameplay puts this in the 'luxury purchase' bracket.
  3. May 15, 2013
    Injustice: Gods among us is a rock-solid brawler. The game offers visually impressive fights and detailed character models alongside a substantial single-player campaign and an enjoyable trashy story. The super moves are superbly exaggerated. Only the controls and the very meager multiplayer are minor weaknesses of this beat ‘em up.