6.2

1. Jan 26, 2014
    The Olympic Games are not off to a good start for Wii U as Mario and Sonic return for another Olympic Games that they are doing.. here's the problem with game the controls were bad enough that most of the events use the Wii Remote as there were only around four events used the Wii U Gamepad to use. Disappointing title.. Well I say something positive I liked the Mario and Sonic TV ChannelThe Olympic Games are not off to a good start for Wii U as Mario and Sonic return for another Olympic Games that they are doing.. here's the problem with game the controls were bad enough that most of the events use the Wii Remote as there were only around four events used the Wii U Gamepad to use. Disappointing title.. Well I say something positive I liked the Mario and Sonic TV Channel that you can use on the Gamepad while on the menu. Who ever thought about this needs a pat on the back Expand
  2. Apr 12, 2015
    I got this game on Christmas of 2013, I was hoping for it to be as good as the previous Mario & Sonic Olympics, but unfortunately it was a giant MEH to me for being boring with unresponsive controls and extremely limited amount of events to choose, and even the online mode was weird for having very few people and always alone, this should be changed for the next installment!
  3. Sep 21, 2015
    As with the Mario & Sonic games before it, this one has a great amount of content and is mostly fun to play. However, I experienced frequent control issues, and lack of responsiveness on more than a few occasions. In addition, the character roster here is the same as it was in the past two home console instalments. As it is a Wii U game, the graphics are better, but I'm hoping for a betterAs with the Mario & Sonic games before it, this one has a great amount of content and is mostly fun to play. However, I experienced frequent control issues, and lack of responsiveness on more than a few occasions. In addition, the character roster here is the same as it was in the past two home console instalments. As it is a Wii U game, the graphics are better, but I'm hoping for a better game gameplay-wise for the Rio 2016 instalment. Expand
  4. Feb 3, 2016
    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games is another installment of the popular Mario & Sonic series to represent the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. The series features a nearly identical cast of characters with some different ways of playing events cleverly using the GamePad and Wii Remote together, though if you don't have a Wii Remote (MotionPlus required) or don'tMario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games is another installment of the popular Mario & Sonic series to represent the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. The series features a nearly identical cast of characters with some different ways of playing events cleverly using the GamePad and Wii Remote together, though if you don't have a Wii Remote (MotionPlus required) or don't play co-op with friends it can get quite boring after while.
    The game features a varied selection of winter events, including skiing, snowboarding, bobsleighing and curling. The game can be played with a variety of characters, 10 from Team Mario, and 10 from Team Sonic. These include the mascot characters Mario and Sonic, as well as supporting characters like Luigi, Tails and Knuckles, and famous antagonists such as Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Dr. Eggman. These characters are all classified into four different categories: All-Around types, Speed types, Power types and Skill types. Finally, the player can also choose Miis from their console to use, with weight and height being taken into consideration to decide the classification of the character. The player can also fully customise their Mii, giving them gear and accessories, often referencing the Mario and Sonic games themselves and sometimes even some third-party games like The Legend of Zelda and Super Monkey Ball.
    In conclusion, the game does have a wide variety of events available, but they can only fully be taken advantage of with a Wii Remote (MotionPlus required) and playing co-op with friends or family, else it'll get boring pretty quick. The character selection seems decent, though the lack of a story mode like the handheld version fail to tie them together. Online capabilities seem good as you can play with anyone around the globe, and the series has so much potential entering its next installment, Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, scheduled for release this year for the 3DS and Wii U. Using some of the ideas from this game, Nintendo need to add some sort of story mode for consoles, though the character selection has been massively improved. Additionally, some copies of the game could come bundled with a Wii Remote with MotionPlus so it's easier to play co-op and fully play the events. Overall, a great game, and not too pricey too.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 13, 2014
    It really, really pisses me off, that I need Wii controllers to play a Wii U game. This right here is a true ass-fruit of a game design, where a four year old game has been ported to a new console generation nearly the way it was back then. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 9, 2014
    Mario and Sonic need to stop meeting up like this.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    The third Olympic Games with Mario and Sonic is the worst one yet. It offers very few events worth playing and manages to be a party game that doesn’t feel easy to pick up. On top of that you need an entire arsenal of different controllers to even play it.