6.0

1. Feb 19, 2014
    With Sochi 2014 coming to it's finish line, what better game to review than Mario and Sonic Sochi 2014. Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games (which from now on I'll call Mario and Sonic 2014 due to the length of the title) is the latest game in the Mario and Sonic Olympic Games series. It is the fourth game overall, and the second to be based on the winter olympics. What is this? What? Sonic on a Nintendo console! Being born around the time of Sega's demise, I find it weird that most kids who are under 10 won't know that Mario and Sonic were once the two biggest gaming rivals, and not just rivals at the Olympics, for a friendly match of footie. With the latest two Sonic games being Nintendo exclusive, and Sonic Boom, which believe me, I WILL have a youtube video "review" on that game when it comes out, in the future it seems kids will be playing Call of duty modern borefare 73 starring Sonic on a Nintendo Genesis with a 32X attachment in the near future. But back to this game. With mixed to low metacritic reviews, its hard to know what you're in for with this game. I thought Mario and Sonic 2012 was a fun game, and thats only got 66/100, so judging on that it would seem that I would think this game was a high 7 or maybe a low 8. But let's see what's actually in the game, shall we? The game has an online mode, something I would have loved to have seen in Mario and Sonic 2012, so this game seems better already. Theres then a lot of minigames, which are based off of real Olympic events and the dream events based off Mario and Sonic games. Theres then a story mode. Whats this? A story mode in a sports game? It may sound weird, but the one in the 3DS port of Mario and Sonic 2012 was actually very good, or they could just make it like the real winter olympics, like Sega's serious London 2012 game did on the PeeC, XBAX and PiSs3. However this takes a very different approach than the serious London 2012, and it's clear from the start when you see Mario, Sonic and friends standing infront of a Disney-esk castle. As soon as I saw this, something in my mind went "Oh my god these graphics are bloody amazing". Each character has to face a cosmic clone of themselves, which appear to have been made by Bowser Jr. in Super Mario Sunshine. Sometimes you have to fight a friend AI, in my case it was Stelios78910. Hi Steli. I won by the way. There's events such as Figure Skating where you get so see such wonders(?) as Wario figure skating. I much prefer pairs, as when not in story mode you get to choose your characters, and make some very questionable shippings.I'm not going to get into details about it, but curling is **** Onto the the action and answer tour, or whatever that **** called. It is as much fun as an educational game. Infact, it basically IS an educational game. Also, you can EASILY cheat this game by giving yourself a handicap. But onto the part of the game people actually buy it for; the olympic and dream events. They're ok. I've read reviews of people saying they're bad, but that's not true. The olympic events aren't innovative or creative, but what the **** do you expect. You buy a winter olympics game and then complain it has winter olympics events in it? That's like buying call of duty and complaining it has violence. At the start of this review, I mentioned the game had an online mode. So what's that like? Well, there are only 4 events. There are many events in the game, so why can't I play them all online; but at least it's progress. It takes ages to find a game. To find one competitor, it took me 5 minutes. However, that is made up for with the ability to play for your country. You can use the gamepad as a TV to watch "the news" of Mario and Sonic 2014. That's weird; you play the game on your tv, and watch tv on your gamepad. You can read such news cards as "Fiji has done it! They've entered the word rankings at no. 1!" or "Polis to no longer represent... Sweden"... F*CK Expand
  2. Feb 13, 2014
    There's barely anything to do, played it twice and just returned it, worse than all the past olympic games they've come up with, why can't Mario and Sonic have an adventure game or fighting or racing game or something? This whole olympic thing is stupid now.
  3. Jan 26, 2014
    The Olympic Games are not off to a good start for Wii U as Mario and Sonic return for another Olympic Games that they are doing.. here's the problem with game the controls were bad enough that most of the events use the Wii Remote as there were only around four events used the Wii U Gamepad to use. Disappointing title.. Well I say something positive I liked the Mario and Sonic TV Channel that you can use on the Gamepad while on the menu. Who ever thought about this needs a pat on the back Expand
  4. Nov 29, 2013
    Probably the worst Mario game made for Wii U so far. After you play it for a while, it gets so boring! Just like all other Mario and Sonic games! but this one is probably the worst, scoring a 4 out of 10 from me.
  5. Nov 18, 2013
    i understand that this game is the same as the other
    But i dint played mario and sonic crossover before
    so i enyojed this game. its a good game,with a good gameplay
    and with good graphics
  6. Nov 17, 2013
    Mario and Sonic have returned in Russia! Although the game is quite similar to Vancouver 2010, the graphics are better and the gamepad is nicely integrated into gameplay, although it lacks a certain depth that could have made the game better. Great for occupying kids for hours though.
  7. Duz
    Nov 16, 2013
    otro juego de mario y sonic? vale creo que si la empeoraron no digo que los juegos de estos dos personajes sean malos ,pero no son muy buenas estas sagas almenos sirve para divertirse con la familia...

1. Feb 13, 2014
    It really, really pisses me off, that I need Wii controllers to play a Wii U game. This right here is a true ass-fruit of a game design, where a four year old game has been ported to a new console generation nearly the way it was back then. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 9, 2014
    Mario and Sonic need to stop meeting up like this.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    The third Olympic Games with Mario and Sonic is the worst one yet. It offers very few events worth playing and manages to be a party game that doesn’t feel easy to pick up. On top of that you need an entire arsenal of different controllers to even play it.