7.5

1. Nov 26, 2012
    It's cute. It's fun. It's inexpensive. You can't go wrong. That's all I have to say about it, but I need to keep typing stuff in order to post this.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    Let me say this. I could have easily given the game a 9 or 10. It's a Puzzle type mega man game with no bosses. Most of the solutions are very intuitive, but there's a lot about the game to be griped about

The boxes that eject you are poorly designed. It's basically finding a rhythm and has little to do with skill. The ones that shoot up that protect you from spikes are not about
    skill and about spamming A or ZR until it shoots you so you don't risk dying. Very poor design

It's unforgiving. When you switch boxes from visible to invisible(Think Gianna sisters coins), there's little room for error. If you even have a few pixels in the area as the box becomes visible during a switch, you die. This leads to cheesy tactics like jumping to bump against boxes and switching at the very last tactic. It's not fun nor well designed.

Otherwise, it's a great game. It is incredibly short though. You can easily beat this game in 2 hours. The devs could've made this game a 9 with a few small changes.
  3. Mar 6, 2013
    we have to ask one question: was this game the money we paid. I would pay $1000 for FF6. I would pay $1 for this and you would still owe me This game should cosr 1.99. Not to mention they put this out on a pathetic Nintendo console.
  4. Aug 23, 2014
    I'm a sucker for WayForward games, so when I saw this on the 3DS eShop, I knew I had to get it. But, I realized that it was also available on Wii U, so I held off on it so that I can get it on Wii U whenever I got one. Well, when I finally did, it didn't let me down. It's a great puzzle platformer and easily one of the best Wii U eShop titles available right now. The HD graphics look so kawaii, and the bonus challenge stages add more replay value. If you already have the game on 3DS, it's up to you if you want the HD version. For some, don't bother. But if you want an extra challenge, then go ahead. 9/10 Expand
  5. Apr 21, 2013
    Cheap, it has gorgeous visuals and the strong gameplay may keep you busy for a while. However, there aren't many reasons to replay the game and also it's too short, if you try to complete it without breaking records, you should finish it in five hours or less. It's very cool, though, specially for those who love the platform games.
  6. Jul 16, 2013
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition is a very good 2D-platform game. The goal is clearly outlined and is the same for every level. The melodies in each level are very catchy and don't ever get irritating. And the puzzles which involve causing blocks to disappear and reappear are quite innovative, despite their simplicity. Not a difficult game to grasp, it serves as a relatively good game for beginners in puzzle games and 2D-platformers alike. However, with all it's shiny positives comes the truth that the game is, in fact, very short and, for most people I fancy, lacks sufficient replay-ability. I mean, it goes without saying that one can try and beat the par times in each level for a bit of added challenge, but it's just you doing the same motions again a bit quicker. Overall, Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition is not a must-buy. But it certainly has some intriguing details that could persuade you to enjoy it. Even if for only a short while. Expand
  7. Sep 5, 2013
    In this celebrated WayForward gem, you play as a cartoonish female futuristic cop, taking on levels of varying sizes to re-capture escaped female inmates. That's pretty much all the plot in the game, but the good news is that it doesn't really need a detailed story. The focus here is 100% on the gameplay, which is delivered in spades.

The heroine's limited moveset (jumping, shooting,
    and switching blocks) are put to work in increasingly neat ways. The level design is absolutely spotless, and will keep you on your toes the whole time. The stages are short and frantic affairs, and usually very easy to complete. The real challenge lies in matching the time limit for each stage, a task which gets tougher and tougher (and more and more satisfying) as the game goes on.

In fact, the platforming ideas on show here are so good that I can't help but wonder what could be made of a longer, more in-depth version of the game. Why not add extra worlds, more varied backgrounds and stage moods, and (especially) epic boss battles?

Be that as it may, if you're on the market for an addictive little affair that can grab your attention for shorter bursts of play, look no further. This is definitely worth a download, and the current American price tag of $7 is more than generous for what you get.
  8. Apr 4, 2013
    Switch Force is a puzzler-platformer first, and an action game second if at all. At first was disappointed as I expected a MegaMan-like game, but after accepting Might Switch Force for what it is, I began to enjoy it. It is fun and easy to pick up and play. You can beat each level in about a minute (if you're extremely good), but they will take longer on your first play through.

For
    the price, and the ability to play the game during a free minute, it's a safe purchase for side-scrolling fans. Expand
  9. Aug 19, 2013
    Possibly my favourite indie game purchase to date, definitely my most played. At its core it's a platformer with puzzle solving elements, you also have enemies to defeat. You have the ability to jump, shoot and of course the main mechanic is block switching. Tapping the switch button will bring some blocks from the background to foreground and vice versa for the blocks already in the foreground. They can be used for many things such as defeating enemies and usually platforming on. The first level opens up with literally no control explanation, you figure the game out as you play (or tap the home button to bring up the manual, you boring boring person). Tap each button to find out what to do, running along the level failing at the first jump when you forget about the switch mechanic and it all feels so lovely and nostalgic like the great platformers of the past. There is some deep level design in the later levels which will take more than just one go to complete. Once you finish the game you open up a hefty amount of bonus levels and remixed levels to keep you going for hours. There are par times to match which get you a star beside the level at the main screen for bragging rights. One thing worth noting is the awesome soundtrack composed by Jake Kaufman. The futuristic and funky beats perfectly matched each level and had me downloading the tracks straight from Jake's bandcamp. Overall a very fun and addictive game. Definitely worth the price. It comes with off tv play and miiverse integration. I used both extensively. Post your times to miiverse to see if anyone can match them, it's very fun. Expand
  10. Jun 23, 2013
    Picked this up when it was on sale on the e shop for 5.99 and for that price i would say its definitely worth it, how ever i beat the game in about a night and it is very very short, would not have paid 15 dollars for it( at time of writing this i do not know what the price is at in the eshop now), i understand that the point of the game is to speed run and beat your previous times which gives it the added replay value because its a constant race to try to best yourself but had i spent 15 dollars on this game i feel i would have deeply regretted the purchase, another plus is that it is very reminiscent of nes platformers which i am very fond of. overall i would say dont pick it up for full price but if its anywhere from 5-8 dollars id say give it a go because it is a really fun game Collapse
  11. Jun 23, 2013

1. Sep 17, 2013
    Mighty Switch Force was a great game on the 3DS, but it exceeds itself on the Wii U. The gameplay is excellent and the new style looks absolutely fantastic. The hyper stages are a great addition to the game.
  2. May 13, 2013
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition is a very good puzzle platformer with blocks, that can be switched on and off. More levels (not just difficult remixes) would be nice. [May 2013]
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition closes the biggest flaw that plagued the original title -which is the low longevity- offering a number of stages rightly related to the cost of the download.