7.5

1. Aug 23, 2014
    I'm a sucker for WayForward games, so when I saw this on the 3DS eShop, I knew I had to get it. But, I realized that it was also available on Wii U, so I held off on it so that I can get it on Wii U whenever I got one. Well, when I finally did, it didn't let me down. It's a great puzzle platformer and easily one of the best Wii U eShop titles available right now. The HD graphics look so kawaii, and the bonus challenge stages add more replay value. If you already have the game on 3DS, it's up to you if you want the HD version. For some, don't bother. But if you want an extra challenge, then go ahead. 9/10 Expand
  2. Nov 26, 2012
    It's cute. It's fun. It's inexpensive. You can't go wrong. That's all I have to say about it, but I need to keep typing stuff in order to post this.
  3. Aug 19, 2013
    Possibly my favourite indie game purchase to date, definitely my most played. At its core it's a platformer with puzzle solving elements, you also have enemies to defeat. You have the ability to jump, shoot and of course the main mechanic is block switching. Tapping the switch button will bring some blocks from the background to foreground and vice versa for the blocks already in the foreground. They can be used for many things such as defeating enemies and usually platforming on. The first level opens up with literally no control explanation, you figure the game out as you play (or tap the home button to bring up the manual, you boring boring person). Tap each button to find out what to do, running along the level failing at the first jump when you forget about the switch mechanic and it all feels so lovely and nostalgic like the great platformers of the past. There is some deep level design in the later levels which will take more than just one go to complete. Once you finish the game you open up a hefty amount of bonus levels and remixed levels to keep you going for hours. There are par times to match which get you a star beside the level at the main screen for bragging rights. One thing worth noting is the awesome soundtrack composed by Jake Kaufman. The futuristic and funky beats perfectly matched each level and had me downloading the tracks straight from Jake's bandcamp. Overall a very fun and addictive game. Definitely worth the price. It comes with off tv play and miiverse integration. I used both extensively. Post your times to miiverse to see if anyone can match them, it's very fun. Expand

1. Sep 17, 2013
    Mighty Switch Force was a great game on the 3DS, but it exceeds itself on the Wii U. The gameplay is excellent and the new style looks absolutely fantastic. The hyper stages are a great addition to the game.
  2. May 13, 2013
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition is a very good puzzle platformer with blocks, that can be switched on and off. More levels (not just difficult remixes) would be nice. [May 2013]
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition closes the biggest flaw that plagued the original title -which is the low longevity- offering a number of stages rightly related to the cost of the download.