6.7

1. Jan 16, 2014
    I liked this game enough to finish everything in it. The level of difficulty felt good with the option of increasing it if I wanted to. For the price, I would say that it was worth it. However, I don't think I would ever replay it.
  2. Sep 11, 2014
    I know that when it comes to Mutant Mudds, it often tends to be quite the divisive little platformer. Many (retro-fans in particular) absolutely adore the game, while others can be a little less enthusiastic.

Me? Well, having played it to death on my old 3DS (which I've since part-exchanged for my Wii U) and even the buttonless iOS/mobile version, I'm certainly with the former. Yep, I
    love Renegade Kid's über pretty plane-changing scroller... which I guess begs the question:

—— WILL MUTANT MUDDS DELUXE EVER COME TO THE EUROPEAN eSHOP??? ——

I've raised this very matter on several forums in recent months, and even posed the question directly to Jools Watsham over at Renegade, but have I ever had an answer? Nope! Nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Not even a cursory 'we're not quite sure yet!'

Come on Jools, all I want is a difinitive YES (at some stage) or NO (definitely not). Either way, is that asking too much?

For our North American cousins who ARE lucky enough to have access to this great game though — whether it be Wii U, 3DS, Vita or even mobile — I wholeheartedly recommend you jump right in and enjoy. For Mutant Mudds Deluxe really is straight out of the top 2D drawer :-)

3. Jun 10, 2014
    this game is every penny of the 10 dollar price. the game-play feels like an inspiration from dozens of classic games. if you enjoy classic nes games or platformers in general you will get hours of entertainment out of this nice little download game

1. Jul 11, 2013
    If not for the confusing fake 3D effect, Mutant Mudds Deluxe would be the definitive version of Renegade Kid’s 2D platformer, with the same tight gameplay, charming graphics, and chirpy soundtrack bolstered by more levels than ever before.
  2. Jun 17, 2013
    All in all, Mutant Mudds is a charming, challenging, fun, well-crafted game, and we recommend it.
  3. Jun 14, 2013
    Mutant Mudds Deluxe doesn't feel quite at home on larger screens, but it's still a very enjoyable game. Its crisp visuals and great soundtrack are as nice as ever, but it feels like a handheld experience at heart. The lack of 3D and layered scenery also means that it's sometimes difficult to tell what platforms and hazards are actually on your plane, which can lead to some unexpected deaths.