• Publisher: Shin'en
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2012
7.4

1. Aug 4, 2013
    A nice little game. As short as it is, Nano Assault Neo has that element of replay-ability that many other games lack. The old-school 'try to beat the high score' type of gameplay is done nigh on perfect, easily giving gamers their money's worth in terms of play time. On the flip side, there are a couple of minor issues that keep it from attaining a perfect score. The first, of course, is the shortness of the main game. However, with the inclusion of Arcade, Co-op, and Survival modes, as well as leaderboards, this won't be an issue for those who love those sorts of games. The second issue is a bug which causes freezing of the console. But I have a feeling that this happens with a lot of third-party games that were available at launch. Apart from that, Nano Assault Neo boasts easy-to-learn controls, a modest learning curve, and an interesting look which resembles a mix of Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, and Space Invaders. A must-have for those who love grinding out personal bests, and those who treasure replay-ability over the amount of content. Expand
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    Beautiful game, the developer keeps getting better and better with their games. The controles feel amazing and I love the buy upgrade system. If you have a wii u and you don't have this game, you need to go right to the nintendo store and buy it., it's really cheap! My only complaint is that it's a bit to hard, but that may just be me.
  3. Dec 9, 2012
    tres sympa surtout pour le scoring; le prix est petit et le jeu est bon; pourquoi le noter comme un jeux a plus de 60 euros ? Et puis avec la mablette c'est jouissif.
    Bref vous pouvez foncer : bon jeu
  4. Aug 18, 2014
    9 out of 10 might seem high for such a short game, but I've put more time into this one than any of the longer games I own -- excellent replayablity and plenty of incentive to keep coming back to improve scores. Beautiful visuals, tight controls and great soundtrack. Great simplicity and super value.
  5. Nov 26, 2012
    The only reason I didn't give this game a 10 was because of the length: there are only 16 levels total (not counting bonus levels). Perhaps I am a little harsh as this game is designed to be more about achieve high score than anything.

Other than that, this is a solid twin-stick shooter game and well-worth the $10 I paid. I was very impressed that the game is actually in LPCM 5.1 as
    well! Despite having very limited enemy types and an interesting art-style (you are essentially fighting on the cells of some organism, I assume a human), the graphics are amazing! Expand
  6. Nov 29, 2012
    Great little game with much to recommend it: sharp graphics, engaging gameplay, non-stop action, online leader boards, and perfectly suited sound design. As a twin stick shooter, there are few ways to improve gameplay, but this game does a lot with the standard limitations of the genre. The 3D effects are excellent, providing sharp distinctions and topographical differences, and the perk purchasing allows for different methods of applying tactics to different levels (which are surprisingly diverse). The only drawback is the duration of the game, with only 16 regular levels to complete (along with bonus ones that offer a little variation from simple shooting), but the game is so well put together that replayability is surprisingly high. An excellent addition to any Wii U gamer's collection, moreso at the price point offered. Expand
  7. Dec 1, 2012
    Very nice game, lots of action and cool graphics. The control is extremely simple, you just need to use the L/R sticks, what for me is great (I don't like having to memorize 10 buttons control schemes), and the difficulty level is adequate, I'd say 7 in a 0-10 scale. My only complaint is about its length, it could be longer.
  8. Dec 2, 2012
    This game is a lot of fun with beautiful graphics. The co-op mode is perfect for the Wii U and shows the benefit of a second screen. The only problem with this game is that its way to short. The game is $10 and probably should be in the $5-$7 range. You can beat the game in a couple hours. Nice replay value with co-op though.

1. Jan 31, 2013
    A decent "twin-stick" shooter for the Wii U that will keep you occupied for a couple of days.
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    Too-generous upgrades grind the difficulty curve into the dust. [Feb 2013, p.89]
  3. Nano Assault isn't awful but flying around the beautiful Nano cosmos is nowhere near as thrilling as it should be. [Jan 2013, p.111]