6.9

1. Dec 20, 2013
    It's a really fun, simple game, that is worth your money if you enjoy retro games. It offers a nice challenge and is very cheap. It can get a little repetitive, but for the most part, it offers great variety in what it has.
  2. Dec 19, 2013
    Similar to the WarioWare games (which I loved), this game presents fun, frantic microgames in some of the coolest 8-bit worlds. There's a good amount of challenge and diversity to be found here. Should keep you entertained for quite a while and well worth 15$!

My complaints are just input support (ONLY Wiipad) and I just want more content. Hopefully, they release a ton of DLC for this game because it would be perfect for that.
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    NES Remix is great and really fun to play, it's also really cheap for a cool minigame-challenge collection. It's a pity that some missions feel repetitive
  4. Dec 19, 2013
    NES Remix is as addicting as any game on smart phones. There is a three star scoring system similar to games like angry birds. The difficulty level varies from easy to I want to throw my gamepad. The games does remind me of those short mini games on Wario Ware. I think the game is a great tribute to the challenge of Nintendo's 8-bit era. The price is worth it for those willing to playNES Remix is as addicting as any game on smart phones. There is a three star scoring system similar to games like angry birds. The difficulty level varies from easy to I want to throw my gamepad. The games does remind me of those short mini games on Wario Ware. I think the game is a great tribute to the challenge of Nintendo's 8-bit era. The price is worth it for those willing to play through the game and three star every mini game. Miiverse interaction will keep players honest about there scores and speed runs. For those casual gamers wait until more reviews come in to make your decision to buy. The game is a great advertisement for games offered in the Wii U e-shop.

My only complaints are that there is no discount for those like myself who already own most of these games on the e-shop and no promise from Nintendo about future DLC. DLC in this game would only only make the game better. An idea would be that if you have the original game on e-shop you get a discount on DLC featuring that game. The ideas for future DLC are almost limitless. Nintendo might have something special here on their hands that I wouldn't mind spending more money on. Bottom line is buy if you are a fan of Retro Nintendo games.
  5. Dec 20, 2013
    'Bit'e-sized Challenges featuring some classic (and not-so-classic) NES games will keep you coming back for a plethora of unlockables and Miiverse stamps. The gameplay can get stale over extended periods, so this may be a good one to come back to periodically, and/or with a group of friends. The Remix levels also add some dynamic changes to classic gameplay.
  6. Dec 27, 2013
    Super fun and addictive. Flashbacks of some of the best games of all time. A history lesson in game design that everybody that plays video games should take, and it's only $15. I can't think of any game at this price point I enjoyed so much besides Hotline Miami. Far too low of a metacritic rating.
  7. Jan 9, 2014
    NES Remix is more than a simple compilation of bite-sized challenges from your favorite old-school NES titles; it's almost a rite to passage for anyone that grew up enveloping themselves in the fun atmosphere thee games created during our childhoods. Sure, I would have rather used my Wii remote than the GamePad, but that didn't cut back on my fun any less. If you're into this sort ofNES Remix is more than a simple compilation of bite-sized challenges from your favorite old-school NES titles; it's almost a rite to passage for anyone that grew up enveloping themselves in the fun atmosphere thee games created during our childhoods. Sure, I would have rather used my Wii remote than the GamePad, but that didn't cut back on my fun any less. If you're into this sort of thing, it shouldn't be difficult to give up $15 for this. Expand
  8. Dec 23, 2013
    Wasn't sure I was going to like this game, as I've played a few NES games via the 3DS ambassador and thought they didn't hold up anymore, however NES remix is a great takes on breathing life into these games.

Very addicitve, challenging without getting boring, and an absolute bargain at 9 quid. Plenty to unlock and plenty of stars to grab
  9. Dec 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Being able to play over a dozen NES classic games for $15, and having plenty of challenges for each game is a brilliant idea. Every challenge featured so far is fun, unique, and of course challenging, the only downside is that the game forces you to play Urban Champion. Expand
  10. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is great for 3 things.
    1) It's both casual and hardcore.
    2) I helps new players learn the difficult games of the nes age and make them retro gaming enthusiasts.
    3) Brinks some nostalgia to the older.
  11. Dec 22, 2013
    It plays out like cold-hearted cash grab, seemingly spat out just so the Wii U has something on its eShop this holiday season. nintendo did this before. remember super mario all stars on the wii? this game has some great games, and some games that... well, didnt age good. there are new challenges, but they are really minor. i was really expecting something well.
  12. Dec 19, 2013
    El juego es altamente recomendable si eres fan de los juegos de la NES de no ser así quizá resulte un poco frustrante y poco memorable. En vista de que yo crecí con la NES doy la calificación pero seguro de que si no lo hicieron con dicha consola o quiza snes, no será tan diviertido. Digamos que es un juego de "culto"
  13. Dec 24, 2013
    There is nothing really wrong with this game, other than the fact its a quick cash grab for Nintendo. If you like retro Nintendo than by all means throw your money into it, if you don't like retro Nintendo then run as fast as you can away from this.
  14. Jul 5, 2014
    NES Remix is a good idea, a great one. The best way to sum it up is like WarioWare's short bursts of challenge, but with the focus on 'remixing' classic NES games to make up these minigames. It starts out as simple as simply speedrunning a Mario level we've seen hundreds of times before, or reaching the top of a level in Donkey Kong Jr, but the creativity increases a lot, and before youNES Remix is a good idea, a great one. The best way to sum it up is like WarioWare's short bursts of challenge, but with the focus on 'remixing' classic NES games to make up these minigames. It starts out as simple as simply speedrunning a Mario level we've seen hundreds of times before, or reaching the top of a level in Donkey Kong Jr, but the creativity increases a lot, and before you know it, you're blazing through a series of highly creative challenges that put a real twist on classic gameplay found in the selection of NES games that are featured in NES Remix. These challenges are each unique and can involve anything from having to beat a snowy Mario level without stopping to playing through a level that's completely silhoutted. These genuinely inventive ideas apply to these remix challenges that are based on a whole amount of classic NES games. Sadly, these remixes don't make up most of the game- most of the levels are simply short challenges with no twist just based on reaching a particular goal, for example performing a certain action in Excitebike. While this is fun, it's not addictive and this is how NES Remix fails to deliver. It could have been a great game if all the challenges were remixes, but sadly the remixes make up but a fraction of the overall game, meaning you'll usually be playing through ordinary, uninventive minigames. Not bad ones, but not a huge amount of fun, either.
    In NES Remix there's an emphasis on beating each challenge as fast as possible, and depending on how fast you are, you are graded one, two or three stars. This increases the lasting appeal of challenges, however the lack of online leaderboards is a massive disappointment and it's another way NES Remix shows promise but fails to deliver.
    Overall, though NES Remix is a very good idea, it simply doesn't live up to the promise it first shows. You're bound to have some fun playing these games, as they're all to some degree exciting (yes, even the ones based on NES games like Baseball). But it could have been so much better had it lived up to its potential.
  15. Feb 3, 2014
    NES Remix is an ok game on the WII U
    The Games Thats Remixed Are Very Fun
    there no local multplayer to play with my family and friends
    gets pretty annoying on some of the challenges
    overall NES Remix was one thing that i excited with but could not get feeling like that after playing it awhile
  16. Dec 28, 2013
    this game is pretty cool. it's a combination between the old classic games of the nes with the addictiveness of mobile type games shot at you in quick succession. it's a fun game and offers a lot of levels for you to be challenged in. it might get a little repetitive but the fun comes in when doing the remixes. it's a good game for old and new gamers.
  17. Feb 26, 2014
    Fantastic idea, better execution a must for any Nintendo fan. Great for off tv play on the game pad and fairly priced at £8.99. Well done NINTENDO!!!!
  18. Nov 13, 2014
    Seriously, what's not to like about this game. Plenty of fun from NES days past. So many lvls to try. Great for the price. Does get repetitive, especially when trying to get rainbow stars on everything.
  19. Dec 19, 2013

1. Feb 16, 2014
    A brilliant reminder of Ninty's design genius, hampered by iffy game selection. [March 2014, p.83]
  2. Feb 12, 2014
    There's enough good will and thoughtful design to spur players through all 204 challenges therein. [Issue#144, p.108]
  3. Feb 11, 2014
    NES Remix takes most of the NES' early library of first party games, and fractions them into small tasks that help to revisit the most satisfying moments of each, as well as "remixes" some into new types of gameplay involving all sorts of cool and surprising elements.