8.1

1. Jan 9, 2014
    This game is fun, but it is not as good as the Wii version. The game looks great in HD, is loads of fun in co-op and the levels are well designed. However, this game gets very boring after beating the main campaign and there are very few levels that are worth repeating. But the game is enjoyable, just not a must own.
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    Let's sum-up my feelings about this game, considering i had New Super Mario Bros. Wii Positive: -Graphics *-* ! I really find myself looking at the decor and saying it's beautiful. -It still pleasant and funny ! -There are some new interesting mechanics -The baby yoshis is a nice add -Catching Nabbit is quite easy but adds a bit more challenge -The new games in the toad houses

-It may be me but i had the feeling the levels were quite short
    -It's much easier if you already experienced super mario bros on Wii, and it feels more like a New super mario bros Wii 2 than a brand new game
    -Indeed, more innovation wouldn't have be bad

That's almost all i have to say. In conclusion, it's a really nice game, but i suggest that if you're hesitating between this game and another platformer (like DKtropical freeze which is coming soon), you'd better buy the other game. Yep, i'd put Mario Bros U as a secondary game for Wii U even if it's very good !
    Also, i mut precise that i bought it with New Super Luigi U (which i didn't experienced yet) and i think it has the capacity (with what i saw from it) to offset New Super Mario Bros. U problems. One last thing, i suggest you buy the version with NSLU included, it's cheaper from what i saw.
  3. Sep 5, 2014
    New Super Mario Bros U is a very familiar entry to the Mario bros lineup but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The Visuals On the Wii U for SMB U look beautiful in HD, all of the worlds look vibrant and everything is crisp. As for Game-play the level designs are pretty good overall with some really good twist thrown into each world. the new suits they added to the game are great additions including the acorn suit and the ice flower suit, as well as the baby yoshi's which offer up different interesting ways to tackle a level. The game is pretty challenging and rewarding thanks to the very nice controls. it feels great on the game-pad to move around and is very responsive. The only gripe is that sometimes Mario is a bit slippery after a jump. As for Sound, The soundtrack isn't bad but it does get repetitive after awhile but im glad they kept some of the original stuff from previous games. Replay-ability isn't to good unfortunately, i completed the game in a couple of weeks and after that there isn't to much incentive to go back and give the levels another try except for the star coins which don't offer any reward.

Verdict- Super Mario Bros. U is a very Familiar game which is unfortunate at times because i want change sometimes but they stuck to the core formula and added enough changes where it doesn't feel like a repeat. the sound isn't bad but gets repetitive after awhile and the replay-ability isn't to great but the core game-play is still as fun as ever so if your a big Mario fan you should definitely pick this game up.
  4. Mar 14, 2014
    I'm trying to think of reasons why this game isn't a flawless 10/10 experience, and I am having a hard time doing so. This 2D platforming at it's finest. I'm amazed how how accessible this game is, too; a 5 year could play this and have a great time, yet a 25 year old can enjoy it just as much, maybe even more. Item collecting adds a great challenge (getting all of the star coins is about as difficult as any challenging game out there). Multiplayer is a ton of fun, but therein lies my only gripe with the game: trying to fit 4 players onto a small 2D world, let alone 2 players, presents its frustrating challenges. Many times I found myself launched into an infernal lava pit because I bumped into another player. MANY MANY TIMES. It's usually funny, but when you've played a hard level 20 times and keep dying because of bumping into other players while jumping...yeah, my one gripe. Otherwise, flawless 2D Mario fun! Expand
  5. Jul 27, 2014
    I don't think this game deserves the rating this has. not the best mario game ever and DEFINITELY NOT AS GOOD AS ANY OF THE NES GAMES. the platforming feels so different to what I am used to. and sometimes mario just controls against you like not jumping as high as you want even though you KNOW he can jump that high. and no sprint button. how are you going to do speedruns when they took the sprint button out. and another thing, the game is $60!!!!! overpriced... get super luigi u's standalone disk. it is only $30 and is more optimized for speedruns. plus the disk has 82 all new levels Expand
  6. Apr 11, 2014
    This is one of the most captivating innovative titles released in a long time. Much better than that "hardcore" cinematic dreck Sony and Microsoft release... Directed by Satouwa Iwata himself he brings you an absolutely incredible game running at 1080p/90FPS filled to the brim with personality and insane secrets that keep you coming back for more and more. Each enemy has a different design to help you on your way and the story is so ground breaking... But I will not spoil!

The worlds are extremely creative and have never been done before in any medium. When have you've jumped on flying octopus monkeys in cyber space while chasing a yellow carrot? Never! That's what. The music... Man, I can't even explain just how well done that music is. Recorded in the same studio as Mario Galaxy it really boils the tension and mood the story takes as you rescue your lover from an evil satan-like demon and his hellspawn.

I cannot express it in words... Buy a Wii U and get this game. You will not regret it one bit! It's by far one of the most truly unique games and Mr. iwata himself ensured this... Don't waste your money on a Playstation 4 which has literally no games and just indies and an Xbox One which apparently steals your information. No! You gotta get this game with a Wii U.
  7. Jun 21, 2014
    I just finished the first player story mode and I have to say -- I am impressed! It was easy to learn, but difficult to master. Some levels I died more than I'd like to admit -- but I always got a chuckle reading other players' postings to miiverse. Overall, I'd give this a 10/10. Next up -- New Super Luigi U!!!
  8. Aug 16, 2014
    This is not another NSMB game. Instead, this is Mario 3 and Mario World combined, creating an amazing and memorable experience that makes this by far my favorite 2d Mario game (and yes I've played through world and 3, which are 2 and 3 respectively). The graphics and sound are great, and as the first hd Mario game the colors really "pop." The game is easy to pick up and play by anyone. An obvious buy for fans of Nintendo's most famous franchise. Expand
  9. Sep 28, 2014
    While this game isn't bad, it still isn't very fun either. There is just too many reused assets that really bring this game down. The best part about this game is the world map, and everything else is just mediocre. The music sucks and the boss battles are lame. The graphics are the best of the "New" series, but that isn't saying much. The gameplay and controls, however, are actually pretty good. In the end, pick this game up in the bargain bin. It isn't worth more than $25. Expand
  10. Oct 3, 2014
    This is a great game but i think its time for Nintendo to move on from the "New Series" Like something that is as great as galaxay, mario 64 or even 3d world but i want the next mario to be even funner than them. Dont make another New series Mario game please Nintendo im begging you they are just to much of the same

1. Feb 21, 2013
    Everyone gets a chance to play and interact and have fun. Really, that’s what Nintendo excels at, getting everyone involved and allowing childish enthusiasm to file down the sharp corners of the vexation of adulthood and life experience. New Super Mario Bros. U does that very thing.
  2. Feb 19, 2013
    Yes, the new 2D adventure is not a demonstration of Wii U's potential, but it's extremely competent as a plataformer, adding some elements that probably will accompany the series in the future and making, though perhaps unconsciously with its final boss, the eyes of players sparkle and give us a taste of what to expect of Mario in its next tridimensional adventure.
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    No matter how much content is recycled here, New Super Mario Bros. U is a gem in Wii U’s launch line-up. Problem is, there is nothing that sets it apart from a long line of its predecessors.