7.8

1. Nov 18, 2012
    Easily the most fun mini-game compilation game that I have ever played. Yes, not all of the games are fun, but most of them are fun. Definetly a nice addition with the deluxe model. I would even go to say that this game IS worth 59,99$.
  2. Nov 18, 2012
    This is what I love about Nintendo. They're a huge company that aren't afraid of being the first to jump into uncharted territory. With the Wii U Tablet's original control scheme, and incredibly tight gyro setup, Nintendoland flourishes. This is the game I wanted bundled with my system. Throwing kudos to many of Nintendo's own franchises, Nintendoland provides justice to each and everyThis is what I love about Nintendo. They're a huge company that aren't afraid of being the first to jump into uncharted territory. With the Wii U Tablet's original control scheme, and incredibly tight gyro setup, Nintendoland flourishes. This is the game I wanted bundled with my system. Throwing kudos to many of Nintendo's own franchises, Nintendoland provides justice to each and every minigame included in the package. I loved that I was able to use my own Mii that I originally created on my 3DS as my main character. I also enjoyed the free world they created where you can wander around with your character. The option of having up to 5 players is very intriguing as well. Nintendo in HD graphics is as stunning as I hoped it would be, and I have nothing but high hopes for future releases with the Wii U. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    Incredible addictive fun for 4-6 players! Best party game ever! Tons of laughs gaurenteed! The luigis mansion and animal crossing games are fun and so interesting the way the wiiu pad works! Mario chase is crazy funny when the tackle happens at 1 second remaining XD the zelda and metroid games are insanely cool and I cant wait to see the wiiu pad used in future great titles!
  4. Nov 18, 2012
    Today I went to pickup my Wii-U and on a whim decided to buy 3 games including the Nintendo Land that it came packages with. Without going into a long story about what I did I'll tell you. I played Nintendo Land all day long with everyone coming over wanting to try out the Wii-U. The other 2 games barely got touched and its somewhat of a shame, but they did so well with this compilationToday I went to pickup my Wii-U and on a whim decided to buy 3 games including the Nintendo Land that it came packages with. Without going into a long story about what I did I'll tell you. I played Nintendo Land all day long with everyone coming over wanting to try out the Wii-U. The other 2 games barely got touched and its somewhat of a shame, but they did so well with this compilation of single player and multi-player mini-games that I look forward to the "Resorts" style sequel that will inevitably come from this. Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    The game I wasn't really looking forward to has surprisingly taken up most of my play time on the Wii U! Once you play this game, it will be incredibly hard to stop. This is by far the best party game I have ever played. It's fun playing 1-player, but multiplayer is where it really shines. You can play up to 5 players, and trust me, the more players the better. You choose between severalThe game I wasn't really looking forward to has surprisingly taken up most of my play time on the Wii U! Once you play this game, it will be incredibly hard to stop. This is by far the best party game I have ever played. It's fun playing 1-player, but multiplayer is where it really shines. You can play up to 5 players, and trust me, the more players the better. You choose between several Nintendo-themed attractions, that all have unique uses of the gamepad. If you are unsure about how the gamepad can change the face of gaming, try out these games; almost every minigame has some outrageously fun new experience that you can't play anywhere else. Highly recommended. Just this game alone makes the Wii U deluxe bundle more worth it. Expand
  6. Jan 14, 2014
    That's a little description of the game: Nintendo Land is a beautiful game made up of several minigames that are inspired from the Nintendo Franchise Like :Mario , Zelda, Metroid... . This game is one of the funniest videogames to play with friends and not ! Is simple and the graphics is clean, a 1 year baby can play it too. Every single minigame is perfectly done from the gameplay toThat's a little description of the game: Nintendo Land is a beautiful game made up of several minigames that are inspired from the Nintendo Franchise Like :Mario , Zelda, Metroid... . This game is one of the funniest videogames to play with friends and not ! Is simple and the graphics is clean, a 1 year baby can play it too. Every single minigame is perfectly done from the gameplay to the style to the function with the Wii u GamePad; the GamePad is an important part of the game and every single minigames need it for different action.The Game is perfect to play with friends or with other people of your family. The Final thing that i want to say is that the game is funny and beautiful. Surely a good Killer Application for the Wii u! Expand
  7. Oct 22, 2013
    This game is a a very good attempt at showing just what the Wii u is all about. With 6 different multiplayer modes and innovative use of the gamepad Nintendo has again proven that it is a champion if local multiplayer and entertainment. The gamepad is a big highlight showing how up to 5 players can seamlessly and comfortably compete. The gamepad also feels right at home along sideThis game is a a very good attempt at showing just what the Wii u is all about. With 6 different multiplayer modes and innovative use of the gamepad Nintendo has again proven that it is a champion if local multiplayer and entertainment. The gamepad is a big highlight showing how up to 5 players can seamlessly and comfortably compete. The gamepad also feels right at home along side Wii-motes in Nintendo land. The games are all unique and fun and perfext for party sittuations. All in all this is a rather brilliant example of what the wiiu is all about. Expand
  8. Nov 26, 2012
    As with the original Wii, the Wii U (deluxe version) comes with a solid packaged games that showcases what the Wii U is all about. Granted it is just mini games with a little Nintendo touch, but that is all that is necessary.
  9. Nov 25, 2012
    Even as a stand-alone game, this would probable be one of the better titles, but as a game packaged with the console it absolutely dominates. The innovation with the Wii U GamePad is incredible, and the games are all really fun and simple to pick up. I strongly suggest that you get Nintendo Land with a Deluxe Console.
  10. Dec 5, 2012
    At first, I was a little worried. I was concerned with how Nintendo Land would follow up Wii Sports and Wii Play - two exceptional games which showed us the ropes when it came to the use of the Wii Remote. But that concern melted away once I'd started playing the game for myself. Nintendo Land brings virtual funfairs to life in this exceptionally beautiful and charismatic atmosphere,At first, I was a little worried. I was concerned with how Nintendo Land would follow up Wii Sports and Wii Play - two exceptional games which showed us the ropes when it came to the use of the Wii Remote. But that concern melted away once I'd started playing the game for myself. Nintendo Land brings virtual funfairs to life in this exceptionally beautiful and charismatic atmosphere, packed to the brim with countless hours of fun and hilarity. The mini-games are all beautiful, though the Metroid and Yoshi mini-games are my favourites. The Metroid mini-game really lets you live the role of Samus whether you're in the sky or on land, and the detail is positively mesmerising. The Yoshi mini-game makes you think, like a good puzzle game should. It also helps you to coordinate yourself by getting used to there being two screens to look at. Plus, it's adorable!
    Overall, this game is quite deep - much deeper than Wii Sports and Wii Play (perhaps combined!). There is definitely something for everyone to enjoy in this marvelous game. Nintendo are truly the masters at what they do.
  11. Apr 7, 2013
    Seriously a fun game! All the minigames the game has to offer is creative, fun, and eccentric. Playing this game with two or more people is what REALLY makes this game fun! My personal favorite minigame (for the moment) is Luigi's Ghost Mansion! And let me tell you..THAT my friends, is awesome.
  12. Dec 2, 2012
    Nintendo, in my opinion, has always been good at pack in games. Nintendo Land comes packed in with the deluxe edition of the Wii U, or can be purchased separately for $59.99. Either way I do recommend this game, it's an absolute blast and perfect for families. Nintendo Land does for the Wii U what Wii Sports did for the Wii in that it's a mini-game collection that shows off what the Wii UNintendo, in my opinion, has always been good at pack in games. Nintendo Land comes packed in with the deluxe edition of the Wii U, or can be purchased separately for $59.99. Either way I do recommend this game, it's an absolute blast and perfect for families. Nintendo Land does for the Wii U what Wii Sports did for the Wii in that it's a mini-game collection that shows off what the Wii U can do. Whether your playing solo, cooperatively, or competitive the game is a blast to play. When playing with others one uses the Wii U game pad while everyone else uses the Wii motion controllers so be sure to stock up on those if you want to play with the max number of players (up to 5), and also heads up you also may want the Wii motion plus controllers because certain games require them for multiplayer. Like I said before Nintendo Land is a blast and a fantastic launch title for the Wii U. I highly recommend. Expand
  13. Dec 3, 2012
    This game is just brilliant. Stand out for me is Donkey Kong Crash Course, but all games have great gameplay. Graphics also look amazing in HD, with everything having a very hand made and tactile feel.
  14. Nov 20, 2012
    I was not expecting Nintendo Land to be good. Long story short, Nintendo Land attempts to be for the Wii U what Wii Sports was for the Wii. Unlike Wii Sports, there are more than 10 different kinds of games available (these games are "attractions" in Nintendo Land and there are 12 total, and yes, there is a hub world that you can traverse that's like a theme park), and these games mostlyI was not expecting Nintendo Land to be good. Long story short, Nintendo Land attempts to be for the Wii U what Wii Sports was for the Wii. Unlike Wii Sports, there are more than 10 different kinds of games available (these games are "attractions" in Nintendo Land and there are 12 total, and yes, there is a hub world that you can traverse that's like a theme park), and these games mostly have a surprisingly fair amount of substance. Many of these games have different modes of play and plenty have more than several levels to go through (e.g. Pikmin, Zelda, etc.). You play these games for fun, and nearly all are designed to show how the Wii U GamePad (the tablet) can be used in different ways. There's something oddly cool and neat of seeing yourself going through a training area in Metroid Blast on your tablet and getting hints specific to your role, while others are training in a completely different place with their own hints, and knowing it's all coming from the same console and you're all still in the same world. This is the supposed definition of "asymmetric gameplay": not everyone is experiencing the same thing in even the same play style. The person with the GamePad has a markedly different experience than the people on the Wii Remotes. You need to play it to understand, and you should certainly play it with another friend or more to get the most fun out of it (though half the games are solo attractions and they're mostly great).

Each of the attractions have their own "achievements" or in-game special challenges. There's five in each game. Many are fun challenges, some are just insignificant fluff that striving for doesn't necessarily add to the fun (good thing fun is what this game has in spades). You get coins for completing challenges, among other things, and you can use these coins to work towards getting special bonuses that will either decorate your Nintendo Land theme park, add music to a jukebox that you'll eventually be rewarded to, or buttons on the ground that will do all sorts of surprising things. The reward/coin mechanic is a great incentive to keep playing the attractions, especially for the collectors who want to see their entire Nintendo Land be vibrant and filled with cool decor. Each attraction also has one specific goal that will signify you've "mastered" the game. I won't tell you what happens when you master all twelve ;)... because I haven't done that yet.

You'll also see people in the Miiverse occasionally popping up in your Nintendo Land. It's interesting to see so many people bustling around your theme park, posting comments and whatnot. You'll see people from different countries moving around your park with large comment boxes popping over their heads saying whatever it is they feel. You can touch these people on the tablet and see information about how far along Nintendo Land they are, along with options to comment on their comments, send a friend request, and other things. It's a nice in-game mechanic that helps make the gaming community feel more interconnected.

Overall, I can't say yet whether the game is worth $60 regardless of circumstance, but it's a great game altogether. Anyone who gets the Wii U Deluxe will not be disappointed with this pack-in. With no hyperbole, it's truly one of the best party games I've ever played in my life. It does an excellent job of showcasing the Wii U's concept of "asymmetric gameplay", and is still fun to play by yourself (I must have played Donkey Kong's Crash Course for over an hour trying to get a gold trophy!). If you're thinking about getting a Wii U, get a Deluxe. If you can only get a Basic, and are considering this game, get it if you have friends and Wiimotes and Wiimote Plusses with which to play. If you're all by your lonesome, then I'd venture to say that $60 is too much (especially since 3 of the games are only available as multi-player). So the long and short of it is: this is a surprisingly great game with plenty to do, especially if you have friends.
  15. Nov 21, 2012
    Nintendo Land shines most when you have 3-5 players involved. Some of the single player attractions (notably the DK attraction) are pretty fun, but the most fun I had was playing the multiplayer games with a group of friends. The visuals are very creative and humorous. The music is a very nice mashup of retro sounds and modern game music. Overall I'm happy that I purchased the deluxeNintendo Land shines most when you have 3-5 players involved. Some of the single player attractions (notably the DK attraction) are pretty fun, but the most fun I had was playing the multiplayer games with a group of friends. The visuals are very creative and humorous. The music is a very nice mashup of retro sounds and modern game music. Overall I'm happy that I purchased the deluxe wii u that came with this because it is a nice game to have. Expand
  16. Aug 5, 2014
    Nintendo Land is not the Wii Sports of Wii U, despite what you may have heard. It's much, much better. Nintendo Land features fleshed out mini games of Nintendo's IPs, but these games are hardly just distractions. The multiplayer and cooperative games are always a blast, and the simple pick up and play nature of them allows anyone to get in on the fun, while still featuring a decent skillNintendo Land is not the Wii Sports of Wii U, despite what you may have heard. It's much, much better. Nintendo Land features fleshed out mini games of Nintendo's IPs, but these games are hardly just distractions. The multiplayer and cooperative games are always a blast, and the simple pick up and play nature of them allows anyone to get in on the fun, while still featuring a decent skill cap that allows more experienced players to experiment with more advanced tactics. The whole game is also laid out with a charming theme of toys and yarn, and in HD it works very well. Overall, Nintendo Land surprised me with its depth and simple, undeniable fun despite its low price tag. Expand
  17. Jan 25, 2013
    As a pack in with the WiiU Nintendo Land is a great game to see what the Gamepad can do with a lot of extra content. While it may get old fast on your own multiplayer is some of the funnest I've played in years. There is also a ton of unlockables for those of you who like to 100% things.
  18. Mar 5, 2014
    An under appreciated game but very very fun. It's the best one to play with your friends. It's a shame that is has more single player games than multi player games, because Animal Crossing, Mario and Luigi's Mansion mini games are the best thing to play, better than a Wii Party. It's between a mini game and something more complex. I really hope that they consider making DLC or even aAn under appreciated game but very very fun. It's the best one to play with your friends. It's a shame that is has more single player games than multi player games, because Animal Crossing, Mario and Luigi's Mansion mini games are the best thing to play, better than a Wii Party. It's between a mini game and something more complex. I really hope that they consider making DLC or even a Nintendo Land 2. Worth a try. Expand
  19. Jul 30, 2013
    Y'know, I really liked this game. Excepting a few Mini Games, of course, but I will get to that.
    Legend of Zelda: Battle quest was enjoyable. One thing that was annoying is you just had to spam arrows, but you had to spam arrows with or without charging them up. The Wiimote fighting in this game was better.
    Metroid Blast was awesome. The ship gave you a lot of freedom, but it did make
    Metroid Blast was awesome. The ship gave you a lot of freedom, but it did make everything a little easier. Especially when battling someone else. However, it was still very good and I liked it.
    Pikmin Adventure was not as good as the other two, especially as all you did was tapped the screen over and over again. It was still good, though.
    Mario Chase was the house favorite. My 21-year old brother and his friends played it all the time. Definitely the best multi-player oriented attraction.
    Luigi's Mansion was also good, like Mario Chase was.
    I didn't play Animal Crossing: Sweet day. I just didn't get it, and being the guards made my head spin.
    Yoshi's Fruit Cart was okay, but barely missing the fruit did make me mad, it wasn't enough to make me stop playing it.
    Octopus dance just wasn't fun. You lost if the stick is too far off, and the jerking of the gamepad was hard to keep up with.
    DK's Crash Course was pretty fun. After about 5 times around, I finally got to the last area. However, it is so hard I always die on it. It is very hard at that point.
    Takamaru's Ninja castle was fun, but the scrolls never worked for me. You have to try to do it 10 times, and by that time, you are dead. still a really fun game.
    Captain Falcon's twister race was very fun also. I found myself trying to finish it again and again.
    Baloon Trip Breeze wasn't my favorite, but I did like it more after I got Balloon Trip on the VC.
    Overall, some games aren't that fun, and some are very interesting. Good game, but I would only get it with the Deluxe package.
  20. Nov 19, 2012
    Wow... SO amazing! The 12 attractions are so developed and polished that they could each be their own standalone game! WIthout a doubt, Nintendo has put a lot of thought into each of these minigames and how they could show off the awesome potential of the Wii U; thank God they brought Pikmin in too, because more people should be psyched for Pikmin 3.

Each of the attractions have amazing

Each of the attractions have amazing graphics and the competitive (2-5 players) attractions are the most fun I've ever had using a game console with my friends. It is amazing to be a ghost and sneak up on your friends without them seeing... it is very unique! Not to mention thrilling! If you have 2 players, Mario Chase's chase-plaza is smaller than if you have 5, etc. They really worked out the kinks and made this game super-polished and adaptable. Switching players (Gamepad and Wii Remote) is really convenient and painless as well -- it asks "Is ____ still using the Gamepad?" You just select no, and then point at who is, and it automatically switches the two Mii's controls. It's swift and creative.

I have played all of the minigames, and I really love the Ninja throwing-star one, and every single one is just so graphically impressive and the art style on the attractions really provides a unique take on every franchise Nintendo has made into minigames in this game. It simply blows me away how much time obviously went into this game, and it really pays off! The replay value is endless because this game never gets boring. You can spend hours just playing Mario Chase and switching who is getting chased -- you can even see the paths of everyone chasing who's "it" afterwards!

Every little detail point into this game is amazing. The various ways to play adds to the fun and adaptability of the game and Wii U in general. It's definitely not having an identity crisis and it's not a gimmick! It's amazing! I cannot believe that the User scores are so low! This game is a must-buy and fully worth the $60, or (like me) buying the Deluxe set!!
  21. Nov 26, 2012
    This game has BLOWN ME AWAY. I had HIGH expectations for this and it has seriously capitalized on those! First of all, the Mulitplayer is rightfully awesome! I could play literally for hours on end. BUT the thing that surprised me is how deep the Singleplayer is!?! I cannot put it down and keep trying to beat my last scores....not to mention that each level, single and multiplayer has SOThis game has BLOWN ME AWAY. I had HIGH expectations for this and it has seriously capitalized on those! First of all, the Mulitplayer is rightfully awesome! I could play literally for hours on end. BUT the thing that surprised me is how deep the Singleplayer is!?! I cannot put it down and keep trying to beat my last scores....not to mention that each level, single and multiplayer has SO MUCH DEPTH. Multiple Levels, unlockables, stamps, "master" status for individual levels. Seriously I got this as a pack in and I would easily recommend it for $60 bucks as well. It is such a great showcase of what the Wii U can do and it has SO MUCH fan service that I cannot stop smiling. Oh, and one last thing, the music is this game is FLAT OUT Amazing! Nintendo has the best themes/orchestration in the biz and it only shines in this collection. Expand
  22. Nov 22, 2012
    This game combines all that i love about nintendo and also combines a great multiplayer function. With 4 players playing wii motes trying to catch a ghost in Luigi's Ghost Mansion and the player with the Gamepad being that ghost it is a great and fun multi player experience (lets hope they have DLC for Kirby and Star Fox).
  23. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is just so much fun. It far surpassed my expectations of what it would bring to the table. The Donkey Kong game provides and honest challenge and gaming experience for the lone player while several of the games have to be experienced with friends to truly see them shine. My family enjoys playing Luigi's Ghost House in particular.
  24. Aug 13, 2013
    For me this game is an all around great launch title for the Wii-U. The art direction for the game is one of the most unique things about it and really does, in some of the mini-games, show off the capabilities of the system. If you are getting a Wii-U this is a must.
  25. Jan 3, 2013
    Overall, a very fun social game- lots of laughter around the room. Also, the mini-games provide loads of variety for both single and multiple players.
  26. Jan 6, 2013
    The Best Software to ever come bundled with a console.
    Nintendo Land offers you alot of genious-designed games for multiplayer aswell as single-player.
    And now you thought, "too bad single-player is single-player only", well Nintendo gave an answer to that: THE MAGICAL ATTRACTION JOY-RIDE TRAIN! Play Single-Player as a Multiplayer! Everyone gets a chance! Especially Metroid was
    The Best Software to ever come bundled with a console.

THE MAGICAL ATTRACTION JOY-RIDE TRAIN!

Play Single-Player as a Multiplayer! Everyone gets a chance!

Especially Metroid was a highlight, very interesting and well-done.

Luigi's Mansion is a blast for a party-game! So much fun!
  27. Jan 27, 2013
    The aesthetic for this game is very appropriate. It looks, sounds, and feels like a giant Nintendo theme park. Each of the games are fun in their own way, and they each make interesting use of the gamepad. The best part of the game is definitely the way it uses asymmetric gameplay for multiplayer. Albeit, it's a little disappointing that the competitive games are mostly differentThe aesthetic for this game is very appropriate. It looks, sounds, and feels like a giant Nintendo theme park. Each of the games are fun in their own way, and they each make interesting use of the gamepad. The best part of the game is definitely the way it uses asymmetric gameplay for multiplayer. Albeit, it's a little disappointing that the competitive games are mostly different variations of tag, the ultimate asymmetric game. The single player games are interesting, and quite challenging at times too, giving them very arcade-like feels. Some people point to the Donkey Kong Crash Course game as a demonstration of challenge, but clearly they haven't tried the Octopus Dance game, modeled after the Game & Watch series. I talked about the sound earlier and I just want to give a mention to the music. Ryo Nagamatsu should be congratulated for successfully translating iconic Nintendo tracks to a more artificial setting while still sounding recognizable and lovable. There are also some original tracks in the game, like for the aforementioned Octopus Dance, and they also fit both the setting and the represented game themes. As far as content, this is much much bigger than Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. Each game has multiple levels, and more are unlocked as you progress farther. Each of the levels also have plenty of depth to them, tempting players to risk themselves for rewards in the form of coins. And besides the games, there are the unlockable figures for the plaza with said coins and Miis to interact with via Miiverse.

I can't say it's worth $59.99. It's up to the buyer what they think is worth that much, but I can say that for the price of the Wii U Deluxe, this is a very great inclusion.
  28. Feb 1, 2013
    This is a must own for every Wii U owner. The solo attractions are really fun but Nintendo Land real charm is in it's competitive attractions where you could play with your family or friends. The only downside for this game is that there is no Online play which could have been a very nice addition to the this great game.
  29. Aug 19, 2013
    My relatives come over to the house just to play this game. We have an absolute blast together. There is no other experience out there quite like it. Typically the person on the gamepad is put in a much different role to the other players and more often than not in the role of an 'enemy'. After each game we pass the pad to the next player in the circle and continue on. Hours can pass soMy relatives come over to the house just to play this game. We have an absolute blast together. There is no other experience out there quite like it. Typically the person on the gamepad is put in a much different role to the other players and more often than not in the role of an 'enemy'. After each game we pass the pad to the next player in the circle and continue on. Hours can pass so quick without notice. There are also solo games which use the gamepad in very unique and fun ways. But these too are not just single player and a second player can help out with a wii mote. I couldn't fault any of the games in particular but I would say that Metroid Blaster was definitely my most played and the game I had the most fun with. Take the game for what it is, a fun game designed for bringing people together and you will get hours of entertainment. If you want a purely single player experience that exhibits all of the games qualities then this is not the game for you. But hey, that's just my opinion, I still did have a blast playing some of the solo games on my own. This is my most played wii U game to date. Its replay value is off the chart. Expand
  30. Sep 28, 2013
    Nintendo Land does a great job showing off the Wii U's abilities and is just absolutely fun. The single-player games aren't really anything to speak of, but both the competitive and cooperative multiplayer attractions make for the best multiplayer/party action I've ever seen. Many of the games (especially Metroid Blast) actually have lots of hidden features that add a surprising amount ofNintendo Land does a great job showing off the Wii U's abilities and is just absolutely fun. The single-player games aren't really anything to speak of, but both the competitive and cooperative multiplayer attractions make for the best multiplayer/party action I've ever seen. Many of the games (especially Metroid Blast) actually have lots of hidden features that add a surprising amount of depth to the gameplay.

Let me just say this: if you don't play this with friends, you're gonna be disappointed. But pull this out at a party and you'll have the time of your life.
  31. Jan 6, 2013
    The Best Software to ever come bundled with a console.

THE MAGICAL ATTRACTION JOY-RIDE TRAIN!

Play Single-Player as a Multiplayer! Everyone gets a chance!

Especially Metroid was a highlight, very interesting and well-done.

Luigi's Mansion is a blast for a party-game! So much fun!

1. Jan 24, 2013
    There are a few dud mini-games, but Nintendo Land does a good job at highlighting the strengths of the new system and the potential of asymmetric multiplayer. [Feb 2013, p.64]
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    An entertaining minigame collection. The games are quite well fleshed out. [Jan 2013]
  3. Jan 13, 2013
    The only way to not having fun is not having company.