6.5

1. Oct 6, 2014
    Not going to waste a lot of breath on this review. Its a fun weekend if you are a 3D platforming fan. Take the game for what it is and have about 8 fun hours. Its not Mario or Banjo but I liked it, scratched my platforming itch.
  2. Apr 2, 2014
    Very good game........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  3. Jan 27, 2014
    I hadn't seen the show when I first got this game, but once I did, I compared the two, and this game did stay quite faithful to the show. It didn't necessarily matter to me that most, if not all, of the voice actors in the show weren't the voices of their characters in the game, but even if it did, it'd have been more of a nitpick. The visual style is luxurious, and Pac-Man controls wellI hadn't seen the show when I first got this game, but once I did, I compared the two, and this game did stay quite faithful to the show. It didn't necessarily matter to me that most, if not all, of the voice actors in the show weren't the voices of their characters in the game, but even if it did, it'd have been more of a nitpick. The visual style is luxurious, and Pac-Man controls well in all his forms (though for me personally, Rubber Pac took some getting used to). One thing I found to be a bit disappointing, ironically, is the dialogue between those you can converse with in the school. I say ironically because there's no real reason to chat with Pac's buds, but when you do, the exchange between the characters is real short and kind of nonchalant. "How are you doing?" "Fine." That's kind of how they are; not too engaging or funny. Furthermore, while the gameplay is simple and easy, it just may be a bit too simple and easy. It didn't take very long for me to beat the game, and I think it's because the levels felt way too short. The boss battles weren't too challenging, and when they were, it was that "frustrating" kind of challenging. Besides all this, being the first Pac-Man platformer to be released in a while (since, I believe, Pac-Man World 3?), it's not very bad at all; it just has its issues here and there. I say if you have a Wii U, get this game and try it out for yourself. Expand
  4. Dec 26, 2013
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is a nice 3D platformer, I'm not a big fan of Pac-Man's show, but the characters look cute and help on 'understanding' the story behind such a fun-filled quest. The reason I bought it: Price Drop on Nintendo eShop. Was it worth? Sure, I loved the game. I really agree that the game doesn't add anything new on the game scene, but has a very decentPac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is a nice 3D platformer, I'm not a big fan of Pac-Man's show, but the characters look cute and help on 'understanding' the story behind such a fun-filled quest. The reason I bought it: Price Drop on Nintendo eShop. Was it worth? Sure, I loved the game. I really agree that the game doesn't add anything new on the game scene, but has a very decent playability, interesting power-ups to master and nice scenarios. I think you wouldn't be disappointed if you could give our yellow globe fellow a try. Expand

1. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    May 6, 2014
    Vibrant, simple stuff aimed squarely at a generation who know Pac as a superpowered teenage hero, rather than the characterless, quip-free globe of old. [May 2014, p.89]
  2. Apr 14, 2014
    Pac-Man and the ghostly adventures is a 3D platformer which fails in the most important features of this classic genre. Both the controls and the camera are clumsy and it's really hard to have fun with these problems.
  3. Apr 11, 2014
    It's difficult to do worse than Pac-Man and the ghostly adventures on Wii U: there's a handful of much better platforms out there, both in 2D and 3D. Imprecise controls and a wacky camera are the main culprits, so that even for your kids or nephews this game is not good enough.