8.6

1. Aug 4, 2013
    Really good game. It is certainly the best game on the wii u since its release. This game should also increase the popularity of the wii u among consumers.
  2. Aug 4, 2013
    Instant classic. It's a game that is fun, humorous, challenging, brilliant and full of charm. It's a crowning moment for Nintendo with a perfect release like this.
  3. Aug 27, 2013
    I created a metacritic account purposefully to write a review of this game. As an avid Nintendo fan since the 1980's, I've been playing every single iteration of all of Nintendo's franchises for several console generations. Whereas the Zelda series has been and will always be my favorite game franchise of all time, Miyamoto is by far the most superb game designer we have ever known and myI created a metacritic account purposefully to write a review of this game. As an avid Nintendo fan since the 1980's, I've been playing every single iteration of all of Nintendo's franchises for several console generations. Whereas the Zelda series has been and will always be my favorite game franchise of all time, Miyamoto is by far the most superb game designer we have ever known and my expectations of his games are always set to a point that should not be reached. However, my expectations are always exceeded and, thankfully, Pikmin 3 is not an exception to the rule--it is a phenomenal game that should be played and enjoyed by all. It encompasses that Nintendo magic that must be experienced in order to be understood. Everything just fits together perfectly from the characters, the level design, the tight controls, the music, the ambiance, and the graphics. Nothing is more saddening than seeing one of your Pikmin fall in battle; especially considering how cute they are!

It makes me sad that we are now part of the "Call of Duty generation" where many people don't give non-realistic games a shot. I can't recommend this game enough. Trust me, you'll be doing yourself a disservice if you don't give it a try! Support Nintendo. Support the Wii U. Buy this game as soon as you can!
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    If you're a Pikmin 2 fan, you'll be greatly disappointed. If you like the first game, it's still not as good. On its own its a pretty good game, but definitely not worth the 8 year wait.
  5. Aug 10, 2013
    Read the full review at http://blog.kolma.info/2013/08/pikmin-3-review.html

Pros: Amazing visuals, New control scheme is friendly to newcomers while allowing strategic plans for veterans, "Voice acting", Good sense of size (physical size), Lots of replay to improve time and efficiency, Losing yourself in this fantasy world Cons: Very short game (about 10-15 hours), Not many
    Read the full review at http://blog.kolma.info/2013/08/pikmin-3-review.html

Pros:

Cons:

Very short game (about 10-15 hours), Not many collectibles at all besides main fruits, Lack of co-op story mode, Losing track of time in this fantasy world

Closing Comments:
    Any Nintendo fan should absolutely pick up this game whether or not they have played the previous Pikmin games. The new cast of characters are unrelated to Olimar and Louie from the Gamecube classics however those that have played the originals will certainly appreciate the enhancements as well as the nods to the older titles. Pikmin 3 is by far the best Wii U game I have played this year and will be a tough game to beat for the next couple of months. Do not let the short time drive you away from this game as there will be may days that you will replay to perfect your strategies.
  6. Aug 19, 2013
    It's like playing Pikmin 2 again for the first time and now I can call Pikmin a game series. The game has great characters, a much more involved storyline then the other Pikmin games, great wii remote integration, 2 new and very useful types of Pikmin as well as all the originals, and many nods to the previous games.
  7. Aug 13, 2013
    In the beginning, there was nothing except Mr. Miyamoto. Mr. Miyamoto said "Let there be Pikmin 3!" The game began to materialise, sometimes fading back into delay, but eventually coming fully into existence. Mr. Miyamoto was pleased with what he'd created, and distributed Pikmin 3 all around the world for others to enjoy. At this point, you're probably wondering where everyone else cameIn the beginning, there was nothing except Mr. Miyamoto. Mr. Miyamoto said "Let there be Pikmin 3!" The game began to materialise, sometimes fading back into delay, but eventually coming fully into existence. Mr. Miyamoto was pleased with what he'd created, and distributed Pikmin 3 all around the world for others to enjoy. At this point, you're probably wondering where everyone else came from. To which I'd say that that isn't all that important. What is important, however, is the fact that Pikmin 3 is definitely the best game on Wii U to date. The controls feel very natural with the Wii Remote Nunchuk combo with its simple "point and click" mechanic, making it easy to grasp for beginners, and easy to manoeuvre for the more experienced Pikmin players. And the crazy-addictive Mission mode and Bingo Battle multiplayer more than make up for the slight shortness of the Story mode. But the shortness is again justified as the game records your top five fastest runs through Story mode to keep you engaged for longer as you strive for a personal best or a world record. And the graphics; oh, bellissimo! Normally, I would say graphical detail doesn't matter in video games. But just one glance at the visuals and your jaw will hit the floor, such is its beauty. In fact, Pikmin 3 boasts the best graphical detail I've ever seen in any video game, making the wait for future titles of the same detail that much more exciting (and agonising!). Overall, this game is pretty much perfect. Sure, your Pikmin may get stuck in annoying places. Or they might not even come when called. But that will hardly prove to be any hindrance. Fan of the franchise or not, this is a must-buy for any Wii U owner, and a system seller for anyone on the fence about buying a Wii U. Pikmin 3 marks the beginning of the end of the Wii U's "drought", and a gratifying revival of a franchise nine years dormant. Expand
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    This game had a wonderfully innovative control scheme that I feel people didn't give enough of a chance and so just rushed back to the familar wii-mote control scheme. With that being said the wii-mote control scheme still feels very fresh and I used it for boss battles. I would highly recommend using the pad in general though, scouting first then retry the day with everything you need toThis game had a wonderfully innovative control scheme that I feel people didn't give enough of a chance and so just rushed back to the familar wii-mote control scheme. With that being said the wii-mote control scheme still feels very fresh and I used it for boss battles. I would highly recommend using the pad in general though, scouting first then retry the day with everything you need to do in mind. You can get so much done when you work the three main characters simultaneously at different tasks. The game itself looks beautiful, the world is vibrant and lovely. The campaign lasted a healthy 18 hours for me, I collected all the fruit in that time. Beyond the campaign there are missions which you can play single or with a friend. These involve collecting fruit and defeating enemies to rack up points all within a certain time limit. Again proper strategy is the key along with level familiarity. Me and my girlfriend are still playing these. Last is bingo battle mode which I have unfortunately yet to play because I am enjoying mission mode so much. Overall I could not fault the game. Expand
  9. Aug 16, 2013
    Pikmin 3 was my reason for purchasing a Wii U, and I have to say I am not disappointed. This is the first game I've ever bought that I've immediately gone back to after finishing it to play it all over again, it's just that much fun.
    The story of the game basically involves 3 explorers jetting off to an alien planet in order to gather fruit and save their starving homeworld. However, upon reaching the planet, something goes horribly wrong, their ship crashes, and the crew members end up separated. Not good.
    As if that wasn't problematic enough, most of their food supplies were lost in the crash, so they only have 3 days worth of food left, and one must be consumed at the end of each day. That means they only have 3 days to explore the planet, right? Well, there's a twist...
    The game strikes a balance between the hard time limit of Pikmin and Pikmin 2's lack of any time limit at all. While you initially have only 3 days worth of supplies, by gathering fruit, this time limit can be extended up to 99 days, depending on how good you are at managing your time. This means that skilled players are rewarded for making the most out of each day and gathering a lot of fruit by being given extra time, so it's very compelling.
    This extra time can come in very handy, as the game is pretty challenging. Whether it be a tricky puzzle, a tough boss fight or just getting fruit back to base, the game can be brutal, and it's very easy to lose a large amount of your Pikmin, which is often a real setback on your quest to gather food.
    The bosses in particular can be absolutely devastating. Even the very first boss, who you'll likely be fighting no more than 3 or 4 days into the game, can really do a number on you, and you can expect a lot of casualties. Once again, the time limit comes into play, as if you lose too many Pikmin, you'll have to spend precious time raising an entirely new squad, which can take a while.
    Although, you may not entirely mind having all your little friends pummeled into the ground by an enormous monster simply because of how pretty that monster looks. And everything else in the game too. The environments are photorealistic, just like the previous Two games, but they're now even more detailed and beautiful, and they're a joy to look at. Even the collectable fruit looks surprisingly realistic, each having little bruises and imperfections on their skins.
    The enemies and characters, old and new, also look fantastic, and the attention to detail on every single one of them is very cool (Wollywogs have shiny, wet skin, Burrowing Snagrets have individual feathers on their heads). The cartoony, surreal style of the creatures in the game fits surprisingly well into the realistic environments, and the game feels very lively because of it.
    The music only adds to this, with each theme suiting the area where it plays very well. There are even variations on each level theme depending on the time of day, if an enemy is nearby or if your Pikmin are carrying something back to the landing site, which adds to the depth of the soundtrack. Some old themes also return, such as a remastered Pikmin 2 boss theme.
    However, the game is not without it's flaws, even if they are nitpicky at best.
    For all it's merits, this game is surprisingly short. My first run through took around 16 hours, including gathering all the fruit, devoting several days solely to raising Pikmin and gathering berries, and almost all of the Data files (The in-game hint system). But as I said before, this is the first time I've ever returned to a game immediately after my first playthrough, so there's a lot of replayability, especially if you want to go back and try and speedrun the game, or if you're insane, complete a Zero-death run. There are also 2 other modes featured in the game, namely Mission Mode and Bingo Battle. However, I haven't played much of either yet, so I can't really give my opinion, but from what I've heard they're very engaging.
    The controls can also play up a little bit and can take some getting used to. The targetting system (Which replaces the functions of the C-stick from the gamecube games) works reasonably well, but it can be a little annoying trying to target a specific object or part of an enemy when there are several targets in a small space. However, having only played with the Gamepad Television and the Gamepad-only set-ups, it's likely that the other control schemes have their pros and cons too, it's simply a matter of which you prefer.
    Overall, this game is most certainly one of the best on the Wii U, and it's definitely one of the best games I've ever played in it's own right. Fans of the first 2 games should love it, despite the somewhat different controls, and there's also a possibility for DLC in the future, which has the potential to increase the game's length considerably. Even without considering that, this game is a masterpiece and one of Nintendo's finest. Definitely a system seller.
  10. Aug 29, 2013
    A joy to look at and a joy to play. This is Nintendo at it's finest. The visuals alone show the Wii U is more than capable of producing great looking games.
  11. Sep 11, 2013
    A gorgeously sweet game that is a treat to experience. I loved nearly every minute of exploring the Pikmin 3 world. A few control irritations, and a slightly baffling final boss fight were the weaker moments, but they were lesser parts of an otherwise excellent whole.
  12. Aug 4, 2013
    You can immediately tell from the get-go Nintendo had some passion making this game. The smooth game play is noticed right away. All of a sudden, you begin to notice all the layers to the game which provide an in-depth experience that is very unique and satisfying. One needs to experience Pikmin3 first hand to really understand. I've been unsatisfied with many new game purchases over theYou can immediately tell from the get-go Nintendo had some passion making this game. The smooth game play is noticed right away. All of a sudden, you begin to notice all the layers to the game which provide an in-depth experience that is very unique and satisfying. One needs to experience Pikmin3 first hand to really understand. I've been unsatisfied with many new game purchases over the last 5 years, not with this one. Well worth the purchase! Oh, and it has great graphics. Thanks Nintendo. Expand
  13. Aug 4, 2013
    Excellent game. At first I was unsure about whether to buy this, I have never played Pikmin before and this game seemed to have no appeal for me. Due to the lack of Wii U games I decded to buy this. As it it turned out this was one of teh best gaming purchases I have made. The game is a decent size and also has amazing replayability. This is quite easily one of the best games I have everyExcellent game. At first I was unsure about whether to buy this, I have never played Pikmin before and this game seemed to have no appeal for me. Due to the lack of Wii U games I decded to buy this. As it it turned out this was one of teh best gaming purchases I have made. The game is a decent size and also has amazing replayability. This is quite easily one of the best games I have every played.
    You control various Pikmin, all of whom have different powers. Some of the need to be used to cross water and fight water monsters, others are fireproof and others can channel electricity. Use your Pikmin to gather fruit so that you do not starve and so that you can save your homeworld. At the same time guide them through levels to try to find out how to get your space ship home after crash landing.
    Amazing game. I recommend this game for every Wii U owner, it is amazing.
  14. Aug 5, 2013
    Ive had the game for about 24 hours, ive seen 3 worlds, and am close to finding the 3rd captain. So far, this game is magnificent, gameplay is smooth and solid, graphics are top notch. Just when i think ive seen the best the game has to offer, a new area raises the graphical bar. I love this game!
  15. Aug 7, 2013
    Pikmin 3 is a charming strategy game that focuses on time/resource management. Basically, you command a horde of tiny workers that will carry out any task that you impose on them. There are different types of Pikmin and each type has its own unique abilities that can be applied to puzzles throughout the world. Rock Pikmin can break through hard surfaces while pink Pikmin can fly toPikmin 3 is a charming strategy game that focuses on time/resource management. Basically, you command a horde of tiny workers that will carry out any task that you impose on them. There are different types of Pikmin and each type has its own unique abilities that can be applied to puzzles throughout the world. Rock Pikmin can break through hard surfaces while pink Pikmin can fly to retrieve previously unreachable treasures and so on. During the campaign, you are constantly working towards the next plot point but you need to manage your food, Pikmin and time while you are doing this. The crew (and Pikmin) escapes to the stars every night and they share a bottle of juice after each day so you need to ensure that you are collecting fruit to generate more juice while you are working towards your other goals. The campaign itself is fairly easy but the mission and bingo modes offer more challenge if you are up for it.

As for the technical, the visuals are great (screenshots online don’t do the game justice easily better than any current gen console game) but the controls are only ok. Targeting is somewhat awkward with the control sticks and the wiimote is too finicky imo. Most people seem to prefer the wiimote but I find that I am more comfortable with the control sticks personally.

The only other complaint I have with the game is the lack of online multiplayer. Local multiplayer is fun and all but I am missing the competiveness of playing with strangers.
  16. Aug 5, 2013
    It's the best Wii U game I've ever played. And it's also one of the best games I've ever played on any consoles. It's a simplified RTS that has cute graphics and theme. "Simplified" means it's not as stressful as starcraft II. There's also no strict goal you should accomplish like in sc2. It's more open IMO. You can choose your own phase as long as you get enough food.
    The story mode is
    The story mode is addictive and feels rewarding. The gameplay is also broken down into days. Some people complained about the restriction but I think it's good and more realistic. You have more control over how much time do you need to play the game until next stop. Quite good for people with tight schedule but still want to play a good game.

I used to play with only the gamepad, but found later that the wii remote is a much better choice. It's frustrating to use the gamepad to select pikmins to whistle at. However you still need the gamepad to see maps. And only on map can you set a goal so a player can "Go there" by his/her own. This way you can set 3 leaders to go to different places at the same time.
  17. Aug 6, 2013
    By far the best game on the Wii U. The environments are breathtaking, the boss battles are great, Pikmin AI is greatly improved, and gameplay is as fun as ever. If you are a Pikmin veteran or have never played the series, I highly recommend picking this game up.
  18. Aug 4, 2013
    This game deserve sincerely a 10/10 because is a masterpiece a game unique on its own I agree with many other critics that says (there's no other games out there like Pikmin 3) even in 2013 it feels original and the graphics are amazing. The only main con that I found is that there's no online multiplayer or coop for the main story. But besides that is an awesome great and beautiful gameThis game deserve sincerely a 10/10 because is a masterpiece a game unique on its own I agree with many other critics that says (there's no other games out there like Pikmin 3) even in 2013 it feels original and the graphics are amazing. The only main con that I found is that there's no online multiplayer or coop for the main story. But besides that is an awesome great and beautiful game for the people that are new to the Pikmin series and for the old fans of the series. Mr. Miyamoto thank you for such a wonderful masterpiece creation for us. Expand
  19. Aug 8, 2013
    This game has the Nintendo charm that I wanted on a Nintendo game, especially considering it is the first MAJOR Nintendo software for the Wii U that really shows that every bit of charm Nintendo had in it's games 20 years ago still prevails in this wonderful game.

The environment is much, much better than what I expected (to those who say the ground textures look horrible, I would have agreed with you if I had never even seen the game in person). Beautiful creatures (some of the bosses are just booming with Wii U-power enhancements), cutesy pikmin (have you even seen how adorable those pink pikmin are??) and three awfully charming characters, Pikmin 3 retains the same wow-factor Pikmin 1 and 2 had back in the days.

The game controls very well, but only if you have a Wii Remote Nunchuck. Any other way to play this game is just drawing your experience away from some of the fast-paced levels in this game, which is disappointing, considering the fact Wii remotes aren't even included with the Wii U SKU's. The Wii U gamepad takes on the role of a map, displaying important information such as pikmin location, directions, etc. Though this isn't the revolutionary use of touchscreen Nintendo had promised, it does live up to being a welcomed addition to the game.

Overall I would rate this a 9.5 (rounding it up makes it 10
  20. Aug 5, 2013
    There's nothing quite like PIkmin. It's the perfect mix of strategy, puzzle, action, simplicity, style and substance. You gather and grow Pikmin to suit your needs to explore levels and recover items. The only thing I can think that might bother some people is the timer, but running out of time for a day only serves as a way to break up your gameplay experience and gives hardcore playersThere's nothing quite like PIkmin. It's the perfect mix of strategy, puzzle, action, simplicity, style and substance. You gather and grow Pikmin to suit your needs to explore levels and recover items. The only thing I can think that might bother some people is the timer, but running out of time for a day only serves as a way to break up your gameplay experience and gives hardcore players bragging rights when they do things the fastest way possible. In no way does being speedy matter other than to give you something to shoot for when you decide to play through the story again. With new levels, new Pikmin types, better graphics and new modes, this game is a worthy addition to the series and seriously a reason to buy a Wii U. You absolutely can't find a game quite like Pikmin on any other platform. Expand
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    this game is absolutely stunningly beautiful. there is nothing like pikmin, its one of its kind and it sure is an amazing experience. pikmin 3 is so simple, yet so good.
    it just feels as if you are in your garden collecting fruit. such an amazing game!
  22. Aug 6, 2013
    Best game on the Wii U. Best game in the franchise. I've been playing gaming for almost 30 years and I could count on my hands how many games I've completed 100%. Pikmin is one of those games that you want to find and do everything in the game because it's so much fun! Pikmin 3 is no exception. If you own a Wii U, buy this game immediately. If you don't, buy a Wii U and get this game. ThisBest game on the Wii U. Best game in the franchise. I've been playing gaming for almost 30 years and I could count on my hands how many games I've completed 100%. Pikmin is one of those games that you want to find and do everything in the game because it's so much fun! Pikmin 3 is no exception. If you own a Wii U, buy this game immediately. If you don't, buy a Wii U and get this game. This is a system seller. Expand
  23. Aug 8, 2013
    I was really on the fence about buying this game, because I wasn't the biggest fan of past Pikmin games. That being said, I decided to give Pikmin one more go. Am I glad I did! This game is amazing, and really showcases the Wii U's power, and Nintendo's ability to make amazing games that dazzle and charm. This game has so much character, depth, and personality that it's almost impossibleI was really on the fence about buying this game, because I wasn't the biggest fan of past Pikmin games. That being said, I decided to give Pikmin one more go. Am I glad I did! This game is amazing, and really showcases the Wii U's power, and Nintendo's ability to make amazing games that dazzle and charm. This game has so much character, depth, and personality that it's almost impossible to hate. The gamepad is used beautifully, helping me keep track of all my Pikmin, and acting as a little camera as well. This game is really tight and well thought out. The only thing I'm noticing is that it could've been a tad longer for single player mode, but the challenge modes and bingo battle add hours of replayability. I HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone, even if you weren't a fan of previous Pikmin games Expand
  24. Aug 5, 2013
    I came into pikmin 3 expecting something a little bit easier than the previous titles, and to not be quite as fun. I was wrong. Pikmin 3 is a game where you play as distant explorers on a journey to save their home planet by gathering the massive (To them) fruits that liter the distant planet, known to them as PNF-404
    (lol 404 error). The ship crashes and the explorers are stranded and
    (lol 404 error). The ship crashes and the explorers are stranded and separated.
    Once reunited, they must collect fruit and track down another explorer who has found and taken their missing hyperdrive key (Which they need to get home). Pikmin 3 looks beautiful; textures gleam and reflect the sunlight, Bulborb spots get slightly bigger and smaller as the bulborbs snooze in the open plains, and cave areas are dark and moist. Boss battles, though some are obvious (HEY LOOK YOU MIGHT WANT TO THROW ROCK PIKMIN AT THAT OKAY!!?!?!?!?) others will stump you (I'm looking at YOU, 3rd (Major) boss.) and others are just fun. Enemies can be attacked in certain areas for more damage (Eyes, etc.), and you can command captains to do things using a map. Everyone who plays games should at least try this game, and enjoy its super fun and adorable gameplay, characters, and strategic gameplay.
  25. Aug 4, 2013
    Well I'm going to say this game is in the middle in terms of which one is the best pikmin game two problem which is bit of a problem is that you have to use the game pad to look at a map and the maps are so detail that it's hard to see where your pikmin are if they are lost
  26. Aug 4, 2013
    This is the first review I write, it's more of an impression. I purchased the Wii U knowing that Nintendo has never let me down and though there is a game drought it wouldn't last long. I have known about the Pikmin franchise for a while but never actually played either 1 or 2, however I would not let the 3rd pass me by. The game is beautiful, by now the web is probably filled withThis is the first review I write, it's more of an impression. I purchased the Wii U knowing that Nintendo has never let me down and though there is a game drought it wouldn't last long. I have known about the Pikmin franchise for a while but never actually played either 1 or 2, however I would not let the 3rd pass me by. The game is beautiful, by now the web is probably filled with imagines of in game photos of fellow gamers and their mini adventures, but you have to see it for yourself. The colors are vibrant, fun, and inviting, far from the doom-and-gloom of more "serious" titles, the character design very cute and unique. Visually the game is stunning but the sound is also superb.

As you begin to amass your army of pikmin the pitter-patter of moving beings can be heard along with distant sound of a flowing streams, the happy background music also helps to fill in mood. Gameplay, it's a mix of strategy and action. I really did not expect how involved I would be micromanaging the assorted colors of pikmin: Red which are good fighters and fire resistant, Rock which can break glass and crystal, Yellow which dig faster and are shock resistant, blue which are water resistant, and Pink which can fly. I felt like both sheperd and general, protecting my flock from harm but also leading them to victory when battles insued.

The gamepad is a great controller, but the guidance or ability to select where to send my pikmin feels a bit unrefined when compared to the polish of the whole game, don't get me wrong the touch screen is brilliant but the thumb sticks just don't work as well as I would like. The story seems like a subtle hint of conservationalism, the inhabitants of Koppai are runningout of resources and have looked to the stars to save themselves. They aren't looking to terraform, but to mine the planet of its resources by bringing back seeds and delicious fruit.

Like I stated earlier this isn't a total review but more of an impression (because I haven't finished the game yet), but I'm enjoying what I've played. I hope that this is the game that ushers in a wave of Nintendo gems, the one that at least briefly quiets the nay-sayers that seems so eager to dismiss Nintendo in favor of Sony and Microsoft. Only time will tell, but until then I'll happily be spending my time with Alph, Brittany, Charlie, and a whole lotta Pikmin!
  27. Aug 4, 2013
    Perfect game, that's how game developer should be. Thats why i will always love nintendo with their magical and innovative games. Please Nintendo, never give up, and forget the trolls
  28. Aug 5, 2013
    pikmin 3 is masterpiecee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. Aug 5, 2013
    This game feels absolutely perfect. The single-player story mode is fantastic. But, even more fun for me any my kids, the multiplayer options will last us for months. I can't recommend Pikmin 3 enough.

I had never played any of the other Pikmin games. The garden/alien thing never did anything for me. But, I have to admit, after playing the Nintendo Land minigames for Pikmin, I was hooked. Pikmin 3 does not disappoint!
  30. Oct 3, 2013
    I'll start out by saying Pikmin 1 and 2 were a fun, long winded, challenging romp at gaming that explored everything the gamecube and it's controller could do. It built upon a concept of deep, challenging gameplay that tested the player to their wits ends and built upon a concept of a massive amount of content and quality.

Pikmin 3 is a big, HD billboard that has essentially castrated

Pikmin 3 is a big, HD billboard that has essentially castrated the previous games difficulty level by removing key gameplay elements. The lack of marching makes the game feel shallow and unchallenging, it removes all sense if urgency when fighting a enemy as dodging is not only clumsy, but god like as it seems to save you from just about any problem.

Worst of all, the game is far too short, easily beat it at 100 percent in under 17 hours. Something you couldn't have done in pikmin 2 in under 25-30. Worst of all, though, is the fact that the levels are super linear and pretty much each trail leads you right to whatever you're looking for.

I feel like this is a watered down game, made easy to appeal to a crowd that didn't like the other games, and as far as I'm concerned, screw those people.

Worst of all is the fact that most of the time and money on this game went into making it pretty, not deep. That alone makes me want to flip a table.

Now before the butthurt superfans come in here and start telling me its art or you don't pay for content, see yourselves too the door and don't embarrass yourselves. Honestly, I've grown to expect a certain level of quality and quantity with this series and this game just DID not deliver. So I'm sorry if I have standards and you don't.

The fact that the game has not even half the amount of enemies or bosses as pikmin 2 is discouraging. The complete removal of the piklopedia and descriptions is discouraging. It's literally like they sacraficed massive content (the thing that turned everyone into a pikmin fan) just to make the game super pretty. It seriously kills me inside coming from a guy who believes Pikmin 2 is the greatest game ever made.

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Pikmin 3 combines RTS elements, direct action and light puzzles. The result is a quite endearing scifi-adventure despite some control issues and bland splitscreen multiplayer. There's also no real need to develop special tactics for bosses. [Aug 2013]
    Pikmin 3 is a greatly balanced, challenging at the right moments, original, adorable, and above all continually entertaining real-time strategy game, making you smile instantly. It's suited for all the gamers of all ages, and for both genders. [Issue#232]
  3. Sep 16, 2013
    Pikmin 3 is a cute game with plenty of soul. It takes the concept from the two previous games one step further with the way it combines tactics with roleplaying. In terms of graphics this is probably the most beautiful game the world has ever seen on a Nintendo console.