8.6

1. Sep 4, 2013
    Previous fans: you should like the series even more because of this (and no more Rabbids!! Yes!). Not previous fans: this game will knock your socks off.
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    My son and daughter absolutely love this game, and they are only 3 and 4 years old! They dance any time I get a gold trophy in a level. My son begs for "Rayman Mario" every day! I make sure we go outside and play first This is a great game...a true challenge that can't be missed, especially on the Wii U!
    P.S. Side note Metacritic will allow you to do "dot dot dot"...but not a "dash"
    I just did 3 dashes there! Expand
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    Amazing. This game has some of the best level design in history. It's constantly throwing new but similar gameplay mechanics so you never feel cheated but you always feel challenged. This game has a great difficulty curve starting out easy and constantly getting harder. Also its nice how they allow you to skip over levels or switch worlds so you can come back to more challenging levels later. Also the graphics are beautiful. They feel fresh and new. Theres multiplayer which looks sweet and tons of unlockables. I would recommend this game to all people who have ever liked platforming games, or people just looking for a really good game. Expand
  4. Mar 8, 2014
    Game of the year for 2013. Awesomely fun, tons of content, and flawless platforming. A game that doesn't punish you for failing, but encourages you to succeed, without being too easy.

Level design is amazing, Nintendo platformers could learn a lot from this game.
  5. Sep 5, 2013
    There is only one word I can use to describe Legends: Flawless. Hours of game play, tons of re-playability, infinite amounts of charm and style, Rayman Legends stands above the rest of this year's games as King. The controls are tight and responsive, with all sorts of nuances you can learn and tricks you can pull off (most applicable in Challenge Mode), the touchscreen controls function perfectly as well. the gameplay is fast and frantic, requiring expert timing and memorization (if you're bad enough to die constantly). The graphics have a beautiful style, with bright colors everywhere, and themed levels worlds (a Rayman mainstay) where varied mechanics and different hazards abound. Hours of replayability, with Challenge Mode, time trials, and Back to Origins levels; you'll rarely run out of something to do. As I stand, I cannot think of a single flaw with this game; it is the best 2D platformer of the past 15 years, maybe in the history of gaming. And in a day and age where games are increasingly movies, it's wonderful to play a game that knows its roots, and can still tell a story without hours of custscenes. If you get this game, do yourself a favor and go for the definitive experience, on the WiiU with two or three friends. Score: 10/10 Expand
  6. Sep 11, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Makes great use of the Wii gamepad and you can tell the game was designed with Wii U in mind. Co-op adds to the experience and it's a real fun family game. Daily and weekly challenges with online leader boards adds longevity. Highly recommended whether you're a platform game fan or not.
  7. Sep 5, 2013
    Platforming perfection. Great visuals, fun and varied level design, daily/weekly challenges with online leader boards, tons of playable characters and other unlockables this game just has too much to do and every second of it is amazing and fun. Legends is challenging but rarely frustrating. A game that is fun to play but that gives you plenty to master. The touch screen levels add variety but I didn't find them as fun as the other levels. Legends also contains many unlockable stages from Origins so you can see some of those if you missed them previously. Expand
  8. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the most amazing platformer ever created. Everything about it is of an extreme level of quality. The music is amazing, especially the remake of popular songs, the graphics are artistic, comical and beautiful, the gameplay feels smooth and natural and there is so much content. MMy biggest gripe with origins was that it was fairly light in content. Now there is so much of it its mindblowing. Plus the game can be much more challenging than its predecessor. Of course, ther game is better on the wii u since it was designed for it, but you should buy this game regardless of the console you own. Expand
  9. Oct 1, 2013
    There comes plenty of competition in the Wii U's current library when it comes to 2D platformers, but Rayman Legends holds its own very nicely. The level of innovation surpasses even that of Rayman Origins, making this game very appetising in its beauty, as well as its humour. The controls work very well and the gameplay is highly addictive. Value for money won't ever be an issue either, with many delicious scenes to explore, as well as the inclusion of collectibles in the form of Teensies, Creatures and Cups. Daily and Weekly Challenges add further longevity to your playtime, giving you the satisfaction of rating yourself against the rest of the world. Rayman Legends does have one drawback, however, and that is that it was a bit too easy to complete 100%. As a seasoned gamer, there were times when I struggled to complete certain sections but were quickly overcome after a few attempts, with most other sections being easily breezed through. This is where Rayman Legends doesn't measure up to the likes of New Super Mario Bros. U, where it is very difficult to complete 100%, but also very satisfying when 100% completion is achieved. Still, despite this, Rayman Legends deserves a 10 out of 10. Its beautiful soundtrack never gets old and it brings new things to the table the whole way through, including touchscreen and rhythm stages. Oh, bellissimo! This is a must-buy for any Wii U owner. Expand
  10. Dec 8, 2013
    What an underrated masterpiece of a game! What is wrong with this game? I can't really think of anything that what! The stages are beautifully designed and crafted by the most careful of hands. The characters (though only 4 of them really needed) are fantastically unique to each other. Though to be fair, I would like to see more costumes (although I think that's just me not finding them). The difficulty is perfect also and the adventure is meaty. Just one thing I can't help noticing. While the main adventure is huge, the game would almost feel a tiny bit short if not for the remastered origins levels (also a great game by the way). The enemies are varied, the bosses are memorable, and the fun factor is off the scale. I'm gonna come out and say that this is among the greatest platformers I have ever played and I would even put it above Mario dare I say it. There are so many different things that characterize each level and world you explore through. And might I add that the music levels are absolutely A BLAST! I just wish there were more of them.With so many surprises around every corner, thousands of laughs to be had, and many memories that are sure to never completely leave your head, your looking at a masterpiece in this generic world of gaming we've come to see these days. I would also like to give a dozen nods to the team who produced the music for this game as it exceeds origins in every way. The only thing I would like is a little more story to the game. But this doesn't really matter as the game has so much character to it, you are forced to use your imagination throughout your journey (just as we did in the original Rayman, and Sonic games). Pick this game up everyone! I don't care if you haven't played anything in the series, their's no way you could hate this experience. May Rayman live long and thrive for a long time. Thank you Ubisoft. Expand
  11. Oct 6, 2013
    This game has it all. Amazing controls, gorgeous visuals, imaginative music, hilarious multiplayer (was playing with my 50 something parents and it was great.)
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    Hands down one of the best platformers I have ever played...do yourself a favor, and pick this up, everything about this game is fantastic! The platforming is tight and very creative, the music is phenomenal(which is one of the greatest assets a videogame can use in my opinion to make it engaging), and it is packed with content. The musical levels just bring a smile to your face and the characters are over the top and quite amusing. Overall, just a fantastic game, and one that is fully worth the $60 admission price. Expand
  13. Nov 23, 2013
    Rayman Legends is an instant classic, fun both alone and with friends, competitively and casually. Between the main game, the Origins levels, the challenges that are far more fun than they have any right to be and even the silly kung foot ball this is a game that does NOT wear out it's welcome in the way that NSMBU does after hours of bouncing around. Every world seems original and creative, and Ubisoft has done away with the generic "Ice World" and "Fire World". The art is not just fantastic, but unique and promising. I was always eager to see the next world, and the next level for more reasons that just to play them; I wanted to see what they cooked up for me next. This is the Super Mario World of the Wii U, a perfection of a genre that seems like it is far past it's heyday of the 80s and 90s. The Wii U version is definitely king here, for the 5 player multiplayer (either using the GamePad ala NSMBU or just 5 players on screen at once) and to experience one of the best 2D platformers not just of this generation, but of all time. I cannot recommend it enough. Expand
  14. Sep 13, 2013
    Amazing game! Ryman Legends is not only beautiful but it is also fun and destroys any New Super Mario bros game and it is amazing how much value is in this game with over 80 levels and awesome music levels and some tight gameplay and the 5 player co-op is amazing.
  15. Sep 14, 2013
    Brilliant in many way. Visually stunning with some fantastic music. I would highly recommend playing it two player as it's pretty clear that was the way developers intended it to be. Me and my girlfriend had a blast with it. Some seriously innovative and fun gamepad usage. Can't fault it. The controls are great and it's really really fun. A shining example of what can be done with the gamepad in the right hands Expand
  16. Sep 12, 2013
    This game is really fun. I love the Murfy stages where you are forced to use the gamepad's touchscreen and motion controls. It is simply fun. The game reminds me of Mario 64 and it is awesome! The graphics are phenomenal and the game is super fun. It is fast and slow based on what you need to accomplish but it is always a thrill. Ubisoft did a great job developing this game and it takes advantage of the Wii U's gamepad perfectly. Great game! Definitely a must buy for gamers of all types. Expand
  17. Sep 6, 2013
    The game adapts very good characteristics of the medieval age, the Wii U version was the one that ensendio many players, the adaptation of costumes esclusivas like mario & luigi costume, a special level for the console, maybe this is the push that nesesitaba nintendo for your console and wonders what to fact the 1st time I played the demo was like playing with wii control and my friend with the wii pad is easily adapted to the hands as if part of you and estubieras within the game itself
    -The music is a major factor in video games and in this case I get hooked much the soundtrack
    -The graphics were passable though the Wii U is not your strongest character but certainly fit the Legends came to a triumphant
    -The gameplay this is a strong factor nintendo platforms and this juego achieving its mission estabelcer achieve great gameplay and spend hours playing and up finding secret levels.
    No doubt the atarso that tube was just a cosnentracion jeugo for the day of its release was made striking and grow just like a ball of snow falling on a hanging, good job Ubisoft.
  18. Sep 15, 2013
    This is pure platforming perfection. Great visuals with a stonking sound track, and game play so polished it makes a diamond studded ring look like coal.
  19. Sep 3, 2013
    Just when I thought the rayman series couldn't get better, it just does. The graphics are more than a work of art, and the gameplay is fun and fast paced. There's tons to do and the main levels take around 15 hours to the credits. I bought the PC version, which is a direct port of the console version. It's the best PC port i've seen since borderlands 2 or FEZ honestly, but the PC version is alot better than using keyboard. The level design is also very donkey kong country returns-ish, where you don't expect what the next level might be themed. If this isn't all enough, the soundtrack is the best video game sound track I might have ever heard. And leaderboards just add more length to the game. My only two cons is that it could have used some online in any way, either campaign mode or just the minigames. Also the game manages to hold your hand a bit, there is (most of the time) instructions on how to do simple things you've already done before.

If you're still on the verge of spending $60 or $40 (PC and Vita) then don't be. This game is worth every penny. 10/10.
  20. Sep 8, 2013
    A really fun platformer that takes full advantage of the gamepad. It is a joy to play co-op and the invaded levels can be quite challenging. A great amount of content that includes daily and weekly challenges, levels from origins and a soccer mini-game. A must have for any WiiU owner.
  21. Sep 8, 2013
    Rayman Legends is platforming Shangri-La. In terms of polish, design, and overall enjoyment in nearly every aspect of gameplay...Legends is, well...Legendary.

With how excellent it's predecessor 'Rayman Origins' was, I was actually incredibly surprised by how Legends felt. It seemed hard to believe a year ago that the formula from 'Origins' could have been improved upon...and yet,
    'Legends' does so in such a way that it re-defines our own previous idea of perfection, or at least near perfection.

Everything here...and I DO mean everything is wonderful: the game's expressive cartoon art style, the game's light hearted and smile-inducing music score, it's absolutely stellar control, it's surprisingly pleasing level design, and it's pitch perfect difficulty curve all come together in an amalgam of energetic and enthusiastic fun that is incredibly difficult to hate, or even find negative criticism for.

Level structure, checkpoints, and easier to track and manage collection details have all been improved since 'Origins,' proving that you can in fact polish something that was already nearly flawless. New content is wonderful to explore, sending us yet again into Rayman's colorful world of humor and wonder.

If I did have to pick a new favorite addition, it would most definitely be the new 'music levels'; fast moving and rhythm based scrolling levels that sync up nearly perfectly with various thematic songs. In these levels, you will run and jump to the beat of a mariachi rendition of "Eye of the Tiger" and even an amusing remix of "Black Betty" as it is sung by various trolls and ogres.

There's something for all fans of platforming games here...from Mario-like larger levels with lots to explore to shorter precision platforming levels ala Super Meat Boy...if you've ever played a platformer, or if you've ever simply played a video game...then you SHOULD try Rayman Legends.
  22. Sep 11, 2013
    I haven't loved a game this much since I grew up and became an adult. Seriously, you know how the games you played when you were a child became dear to you in a way that you would cherish for years after completing them? Well Rayman Legends did that for me, and I'm 23. I count this title amongst my favourite of all time.
  23. Sep 30, 2013
    An absolutely beautiful, addicting platformer. Couldn't put the controller down. Better than Origins and that was an Amazing game. On the later levels, you will die over and over again and still be having fun! Can't say enough good things about this game!
  24. Oct 4, 2013
    This game shows that 2D platformers are here to stay. It's filled with so much creativity and it's simply a joy to looks at and play. A must have for anyone who enjoys games in general.
  25. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is freaking awesome! The level design was unique, and you can play with up to four other people! The extras were also great, and the fact that there are some levels from Rayman Origins makes it all the more fun.
  26. Oct 18, 2013
    best rayman 2d ever one of the best platforms of the seventh generation and the new generation WiiU lucky to have in your Catalogue
    rayman is fantastic and extremely competent.
    nice job Ubi
  27. Oct 28, 2013
    Rayman legends is one of the best if not the best 2D platformer that has ever existed this game makes the Wii U shine and the other console versions are just as good the art style and theme suits the incredible soundtrack we have come a long way since those annoying and juvinial raving rabbids well done Ubisoft.
  28. Feb 9, 2014
    A perfect example of where Platforming should go. And it's so massive of a game, it will easily fill the time until the new Smash Bros. with plenty of enjoyment.

The level design is genius. Never has it felt repetitive. Even the simple soccer game is great for hours of fun. The controls are snappy and movements are very fluid. Difficulty is perfect. Easy enough for my son to have
    fun, yet still difficult enough to for my completionist tastes. Sounds are varied, music is bright and beautiful. The level "Castle Rock" filled me with so much joy I had to play it 3 times.

This game is polished and near perfect. Near perfect because I still view the gamepad as a gimmick, even though it fits nicely with this game. It's ranked "10" due to extra credit: I can use my old non-plus wiimotes for multiplayer. I am not forced to shell out $40 for new controllers! Bonus!

I no longer feel regretful of my WiiU purchase.
  29. Dec 29, 2013
    I haven't played a Rayman game since the release of the GBA. I was pleasantly surprised at how great this game was! The graphics, music, controls, gameplay.... EVERYTHING just seems so polished! There is plenty to do in the game from the story mode to challenges to co-op multiplayer with friends. If you are a completionist, this game will offer some challenges. Some of the levels are easier than others but some levels are downright difficult. Near the end of the game, the levels will require more precision and likely more tries. The graphics just pop out in this game. They thought of everything from background and foreground animations of critters to the bright colors.

This game is definitely worth picking up if you are into platformers.
  30. Jan 28, 2014
    As a long-time veteran of the Rayman franchise, I've got to say that this game has to be hands-down the best one of all. It not only expands on what Origins brought to the table, it added so much more, and made everything easy to see, navigate, and control. Saving all 700 Teensies? A HUGE challenge. But because the gameplay is so addicting, you'll practically make it your life's mission to free them all. The art style? SUBLIME. The 3D shading and CG bosses make this game feel way more vast and grand. The musical levels? Don't even get me started on them. Each and every one of them is so good, every time I play this game, I can never turn the console off without running through all 12 of them. And the Back to Origins levels, Kung Foot minigame, and online challenges is just icing on the cake. Everything about "Rayman Legends" just feels so right, there's really no other way to put it. I say definitely pick this game up, series veteran or not. If you love glorious-looking 2D platformers with silly slapstick humor, you will adore this game. Expand

1. Jan 1, 2014
    For the sake of the freedom of these 700 teensies; for all the content; for the sheer amount of joy and enthusiasm and butt poking; for the sea and sky and swamps and castles; for how well these worlds and their levels are imagined, adorned, and realized, this may very well be the last platformer you ever need.
    It seems that the Wii U version it’s the best in cooperative play and the gamepad provides an additional level of interaction not possible on other consoles.
  3. Oct 5, 2013
    Rayman Legends might just be the best 2D platformer of the current generation, and pure fun with your friends or your kids. [Sept 2013]