8.6

1. Jul 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rayman is a truly amazing game and has quickly become one of my favourite 2D platformers of all time.

The presentation in this game couldn't really get any better. The Ubi Art engine makes things look absolutely stunning and it often feels like you're playing a beautiful Disney cartoon or something. The worlds are full of colour and varied and the backgrounds have a staggering amount of detail in them. The animations and enemies are superb and the amount of imagination in the levels is just incredible. Musically things are just as fantastic with a large variety of great soundtracks throughout the game, the musical levels are a particular highlight. The sound effects are great too, really adding to the satisfaction of the gameplay. A you'd expect things move along with a solid 60 fps which never slows down too. I honestly can't think of a single thing to complain about when it comes to the presentation on this game. It's just brilliant.

Moving onto the gameplay. Well Rayman Legends doesn't disappoint here either. The controls are tight and the way your character moves is just right, not too floaty or stiff, you feel in complete control. It feels incredibly satisfying whacking enemies thanks to the simple, yet effective controls coupled with the great sound effects. Freeing teensies from their cages is very satisfying too for the same reasons. Most levels are fairly lengthy affairs in which there are 10 teensies to collect, but a few are shorter more intense affairs in which there are only 3 teensies. This really helps to mix things up and I particularly enjoyed the murphy levels in which the player is no longer in control of the main character but instead has to help them out by moving objects out of his way or indeed in his way to help him get across a gap for example. I enjoyed the different pace that thse murphy levels brought to the game and I really liked the way they made use of the Wii U gamepad. It felt incredibly satisfying shifting things around for the main character to be able to complete the course. The absolute highlight for me however were the musical levels. At the end of each world there is a level featuring a brilliant remix of a famous song in which you sprint along and every enemy you hit or item you collect is in time with the music and adds to the song. It really is one of those gaming experiences that you'll just never forget. I'm not sure I've ever laughed so much while playing a single-player game as I have on those levels.

Although I haven't played much multiplayer what I have played has been chaotic and enjoyable. The simple 'Kung-Foot' game is a particularly great addition but even just doing the normal levels with 2-4 characters jumping around on the screen is a huge amount of fun and works very well.

In terms of the content this game has plenty. Yes the main game is a little short taking me under 10 hours until I got to the credits however the sheer amount of extra levels and challenges at least doubles that length and probably goes way beyond that even if you want to collect every single teensie! There are 5 main worlds and on each level you have a chance to collect a lucky ticket if you get a high enough score (this generally isn't too hard to achieve). These tickets can give you a variety of things such as creatures which you can collect or most importantly Rayman Origins paintings. These are levels from the original game. There are an extra 5 worlds here and they add their own challenges and charm to the game! I would say it would have been better if all these Origins levels were unlocked a little quicker so you could play them through in order but chances are as long as you're regularly getting the lucky tickets you'll have plenty of them already unlocked by the time you finish the main game. On top of this there are 'invasion' levels which are time-trial runs based on all the main levels. The amount of teensies you get is based on how quickly you finish the trial. I've never been a very time-trially type of person but I still find these enjoyable and they add a lot of replay value. To someone who likes doing speed-runs etc these will be a fantastic addition!

All in all this is a truly wonderful game. The visuals and music are just magical and the game is so satisfying to play that I'll be coming back to this one for many years I'm sure. The seemingly endless content to unlock makes it have plenty of replay value too and it is one of those games you can just turn on and be in the thick of the action within minutes. It's already become one of my favourite 2D platformers of all time (tied with Donkey Kong on the Game Boy). A magical experience that every gamer should try.
  2. Jun 17, 2014
    pt-br

é um pedaço de arte, este game é bom em tudo.
    bons gráficos
    boa gameplay
    bom uso do gamepad
    boa diversão.
    Se você não tem esse game compre agora
  3. Apr 26, 2014
    I have owned the Wii U for about a year and a half, an I have accumulated several games for it, such as Nintendo Land, both Mario games, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but none of these games made me REALLY want to come back to them. Monster Hunter was cool but I didn't enjoy the tedium of having to get resources, but the killing of the monsters was absolutely brilliant. Super Mario U was extremely boring and I didn't even make it pass 6-5, just out of sheer I couldn't give less of a crap. But Rayman Legends is the first game to actually make me want to play it again, and strongly too. First off, the level design is absolutely brilliant and the visuals are absolutely stunning. I LOVE how you can choose between different characters instead of just Rayman, who is fine but that woman with the axe is unbelievably cool. After you beat the boss battle you unlock a musical level, WHICH ARE THE BEST LEVELS, I mean seriously, on the first set of levels I had a rather difficult time beating the boss, and after about 30 minutes of trying to finish it I was livid. So after I saw a new level unlock I said "Screw it, let's at least finish this set of levels. THANK GOD I did that, because if I didn't I wouldn't be giving this a 9/10, it'd be a 7/10 because of the spike in difficulty, but these music levels make it worth it. They are so much fun and top off each set of levels perfectly.

As I said earlier, there was a massive spike in difficulty when you reached the bosses, they were hard in a fun way for the first 15 or so minutes, but after that I started to get pretty irritated, wondering why they made a kids game so hard, I would say " Do you want to increase teen suicide rates? Because that's how you do it". Then 5 minutes later I would beat it which would make me feel rather proud of myself. Another reason is those Murfy levels. That's all on that, they are pretty cool with the integration of the Wii U game pad but I feel extremely conflicted on all these levels. On one hand, they are rather difficult if you want to find all of the blue guys and Lums. But, they are also a really nice change of pace from the rest of the game, allowing me to feel obligated in using the Gamepad instead of trying to figure out ways to use the Pro Controller.
    All in all, this is a great game and I strongly suggest picking it up if you have the cash and the patience. AND if you have a midget standing by to brutally assault when pissed off.
  4. Apr 20, 2014
    This is by far the best side scroller available for the Wii U. Tropical Freeze comes in a close second, but this is just so good! Kudos to Ubisoft for supporting Wii U and bringing us this wonderful game.
  5. Mar 28, 2014
    I already played a Rayman Title so many years ago... I think that was in the N64... I can't even remember the title's name. But this one is the best... when I mean best, I mean BEST.

It's simple incredible how the Ubisoft gives Wii U Gamepad support MORE than Nintendo itself. Seriously... just compare it. You played Mario 3d World? Compare it...

The game uses an unique and beatiful
    concept Art. The mechanics are incredible. The gameplay, fantastic. The level design is detailed.

I think that this was the best platformer of the last year... Surpassed even the Mario 3d World, but it wont win any prize because Ubisoft failed a lot in publishing... in fact, I only played this game because of the promotion launched.

I would probably never play this game if not for it. And I would probably get it in the launch time, if more marketing happened.

The game is amazing in everyway. The online interaction (daily, weekly challenges and so on) are a kind of thing that I was waiting for in some Nintendo titles... never happened.

Congrats Ubisoft for your amazing work! But please, use more your marketing department!
  6. Mar 8, 2014
    Game of the year for 2013. Awesomely fun, tons of content, and flawless platforming. A game that doesn't punish you for failing, but encourages you to succeed, without being too easy.

Level design is amazing, Nintendo platformers could learn a lot from this game.
  7. Mar 1, 2014
    I played the original Rayman back in the day when it weas released for the Atari Jaguar. I downloaded this recently from the Eshop, and all I can say is I haven't had this much fun in a long time. Great design, great graphics, great fun. Sometimes I play coop with my 4 and 6 year old. I truly hope there's a sequel. Go Ubisoft!!
  8. Feb 21, 2014
    an excellent game, ubisoft almost manages to beat Nintendo at their own game with such an excellent platformer. it makes good use of the wii-u touchscreen in some levels, and there is an overwhelming amount of content to play through. This is a great game and in my opinion a must own.
  9. Feb 16, 2014
    Rayman Legends is the best anyone could ask from a platforming game. It's challenging, it has funny characters, enjoyable levels, it doesn't focus too much on the plot, and most importantly - It will keep you entertained for a VERY long time. This game is one of the reasons why I bought a Wii U, and it most certainly did not disappoint. Yes, it can get very, VERY difficult, but as you play it, you realise that that's the whole point: Trial and error, improving with every failed attempt, slowly but surely perfecting your strategy. And it's exactly that that makes Rayman Legends special. Expand
  10. Feb 9, 2014
    A perfect example of where Platforming should go. And it's so massive of a game, it will easily fill the time until the new Smash Bros. with plenty of enjoyment.

The level design is genius. Never has it felt repetitive. Even the simple soccer game is great for hours of fun. The controls are snappy and movements are very fluid. Difficulty is perfect. Easy enough for my son to have
    fun, yet still difficult enough to for my completionist tastes. Sounds are varied, music is bright and beautiful. The level "Castle Rock" filled me with so much joy I had to play it 3 times.

This game is polished and near perfect. Near perfect because I still view the gamepad as a gimmick, even though it fits nicely with this game. It's ranked "10" due to extra credit: I can use my old non-plus wiimotes for multiplayer. I am not forced to shell out $40 for new controllers! Bonus!

I no longer feel regretful of my WiiU purchase.
  11. Feb 8, 2014
    This is a good game, but every single thing leading up to it was utter **** Remember when this was going to be a Wii U launch title? didn't happen. Remember when this was going to be a Wii U exclusive? Didn't happen. Remember when this was going to have optional (skylanders-esk) toys you could put on the gamepad to get a power up? DIDN'T HAPPEN!
  12. Feb 3, 2014
    INTRO: Rayman Legends is the sequel to the great platformer that was Rayman Origins, and it pioneers even deeper into the genre of 2D platforming in gaming than its predecessor, Rayman Origins.

CONTROLS: Rayman Legends controls about the same way that Rayman Origins, its predecessor, controlled, smooth and fluid. Besides that, the controls are the way they should be for a platformer of
    Rayman Legends scale.

GAMEPLAY: Rayman Legends has somewhat similar gameplay as Rayman Origins, but mixes it up in brand new twists and challenges that make me feel like I'm playing a sequel to Rayman Origins and not just a rehash. One thing I thought was a little disappointing was that in Rayman Origins, you got new powerups for each new setting you were in to help you explore, but in Rayman Legends, everything is available to you from the start which doesn't bother me that much, but it isn't as cool as being able to play a new world you just unlocked with a brand new world-changing power-up.

MUSIC: The music in Rayman Legends is simple and very well attuned to the various worlds and levels you can play in the game. It's very well orchestrated and composed as well as being, in my opinion, better than Rayman Origins soundtrack.

GRAPHICS: Rayman Legends goes for a less cartoonish look than Rayman Origins, and goes for a more work of art look, and it looks beautiful. (Note: The game as a whole is made with 2D art-style characters, enemies, and backrounds, but bosses are rendered in 3D which I thought was a very nice touch.)

LENGTH: Rayman Legends is a much longer adventure than its predecessor especially when going for 100%, and the length of the game as well as the other aspects, makes it feel like it is worth twice as much than the $60 price tag. (not including online/in-store discounts)

OUTRO: Overall this game gets a 9/10 from me, because I thought it was almost 2 times as good as its predecessor, but still it loses a point, because it just doesn't deserve a perfect rating, because there are some flaws hidden within the game, but still this is a great, creative adventure that has pioneered 2D platforming even further.
  13. Feb 3, 2014
    Major studio sidescrollers are few and far between these days, especially outside Nintendo's first-party lineup. A game like Rayman Legends, with all of its delightful little idiosyncrasies, is a great reason why that just shouldn't be the case.

Ubisoft's platformer feels like a labor of love. The graphics have a hand-drawn quality that makes them very pretty, while the music is as
    fantastic as it was in Rayman Origins, the previous instalment of the series. In fact, Legends manages to outdo Origins in almost every other way, featuring more streamlined level design, more unlockables and more new ideas on display.

It's obvious that the game was built with the Wii U in mind. The gamepad is used for a more fluid navigation of the various rooms of the game's overworld, and it works great. There are also gamepad-heavy levels, in which you control a small flying character named Murfy as he interacts with various objects on the touchscreen. They are a good idea, but would have worked much better if they were an once-per-world novelty (think Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World). As is, they're sadly a bit overused.

Controls for the more traditional stages are almost impeccable, with a great sense of feedback even in the trickiest sections (special mention to how intuitive the underwater controls are). The physics can get a bit floaty, but that fits well with the game's humorous, slapstick vibe. There are also hard-but-not-frustrating time trial stages, and epic boss fights filled with exaggeration (in the good sense of the word) and funny humor, especially on a certain luchador match.

And then there are the "musical stages". Each main world has one of these, and they are absolutely fantastic. They use well-known rock music tracks to guide the action, making it impossible to stop humming along. One stage in particular features a hilarious mariachi rendition of "Eye of the Tiger", and it's so good that I kept beating it over and over again, even after getting all the collectibles in it.

Other than that, the game features a lot of play options, including daily and weekly online challenges and Rayman Origins stages to unlock. This is probably to make up for the short length of the main campaign, which sadly has only five real worlds to conquer. Still, it's great fun while it lasts, and unlocking everything is gonna take a while.

No, it's not quite Mario or Donkey Kong, but it doesn't really try to be. Rayman Legends is a joyous game full of its own peculiar personality, and that's one of the reasons why it's so much fun.
  14. Jan 28, 2014
    As a long-time veteran of the Rayman franchise, I've got to say that this game has to be hands-down the best one of all. It not only expands on what Origins brought to the table, it added so much more, and made everything easy to see, navigate, and control. Saving all 700 Teensies? A HUGE challenge. But because the gameplay is so addicting, you'll practically make it your life's mission to free them all. The art style? SUBLIME. The 3D shading and CG bosses make this game feel way more vast and grand. The musical levels? Don't even get me started on them. Each and every one of them is so good, every time I play this game, I can never turn the console off without running through all 12 of them. And the Back to Origins levels, Kung Foot minigame, and online challenges is just icing on the cake. Everything about "Rayman Legends" just feels so right, there's really no other way to put it. I say definitely pick this game up, series veteran or not. If you love glorious-looking 2D platformers with silly slapstick humor, you will adore this game. Expand
  15. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the most amazing platformer ever created. Everything about it is of an extreme level of quality. The music is amazing, especially the remake of popular songs, the graphics are artistic, comical and beautiful, the gameplay feels smooth and natural and there is so much content. MMy biggest gripe with origins was that it was fairly light in content. Now there is so much of it its mindblowing. Plus the game can be much more challenging than its predecessor. Of course, ther game is better on the wii u since it was designed for it, but you should buy this game regardless of the console you own. Expand
  16. Dec 29, 2013
    I haven't played a Rayman game since the release of the GBA. I was pleasantly surprised at how great this game was! The graphics, music, controls, gameplay.... EVERYTHING just seems so polished! There is plenty to do in the game from the story mode to challenges to co-op multiplayer with friends. If you are a completionist, this game will offer some challenges. Some of the levels are easier than others but some levels are downright difficult. Near the end of the game, the levels will require more precision and likely more tries. The graphics just pop out in this game. They thought of everything from background and foreground animations of critters to the bright colors.

This game is definitely worth picking up if you are into platformers.
  17. Dec 8, 2013
    What an underrated masterpiece of a game! What is wrong with this game? I can't really think of anything that what! The stages are beautifully designed and crafted by the most careful of hands. The characters (though only 4 of them really needed) are fantastically unique to each other. Though to be fair, I would like to see more costumes (although I think that's just me not finding them). The difficulty is perfect also and the adventure is meaty. Just one thing I can't help noticing. While the main adventure is huge, the game would almost feel a tiny bit short if not for the remastered origins levels (also a great game by the way). The enemies are varied, the bosses are memorable, and the fun factor is off the scale. I'm gonna come out and say that this is among the greatest platformers I have ever played and I would even put it above Mario dare I say it. There are so many different things that characterize each level and world you explore through. And might I add that the music levels are absolutely A BLAST! I just wish there were more of them.With so many surprises around every corner, thousands of laughs to be had, and many memories that are sure to never completely leave your head, your looking at a masterpiece in this generic world of gaming we've come to see these days. I would also like to give a dozen nods to the team who produced the music for this game as it exceeds origins in every way. The only thing I would like is a little more story to the game. But this doesn't really matter as the game has so much character to it, you are forced to use your imagination throughout your journey (just as we did in the original Rayman, and Sonic games). Pick this game up everyone! I don't care if you haven't played anything in the series, their's no way you could hate this experience. May Rayman live long and thrive for a long time. Thank you Ubisoft. Expand
  18. Nov 23, 2013
    Rayman Legends is an instant classic, fun both alone and with friends, competitively and casually. Between the main game, the Origins levels, the challenges that are far more fun than they have any right to be and even the silly kung foot ball this is a game that does NOT wear out it's welcome in the way that NSMBU does after hours of bouncing around. Every world seems original and creative, and Ubisoft has done away with the generic "Ice World" and "Fire World". The art is not just fantastic, but unique and promising. I was always eager to see the next world, and the next level for more reasons that just to play them; I wanted to see what they cooked up for me next. This is the Super Mario World of the Wii U, a perfection of a genre that seems like it is far past it's heyday of the 80s and 90s. The Wii U version is definitely king here, for the 5 player multiplayer (either using the GamePad ala NSMBU or just 5 players on screen at once) and to experience one of the best 2D platformers not just of this generation, but of all time. I cannot recommend it enough. Expand
  19. Nov 19, 2013
    A fantastic and inventive platformer dare I say the best platformer on Wii U (sorry Mario U). The use of the gamepad is clever and works well. The musical levels are very fun but beware; it can get hard, so make sure your friends don't get angry too easily if your planning on playing it with them!
  20. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is freaking awesome! The level design was unique, and you can play with up to four other people! The extras were also great, and the fact that there are some levels from Rayman Origins makes it all the more fun.
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    Hands down one of the best platformers I have ever played...do yourself a favor, and pick this up, everything about this game is fantastic! The platforming is tight and very creative, the music is phenomenal(which is one of the greatest assets a videogame can use in my opinion to make it engaging), and it is packed with content. The musical levels just bring a smile to your face and the characters are over the top and quite amusing. Overall, just a fantastic game, and one that is fully worth the $60 admission price. Expand
  22. Oct 28, 2013
    Rayman legends is one of the best if not the best 2D platformer that has ever existed this game makes the Wii U shine and the other console versions are just as good the art style and theme suits the incredible soundtrack we have come a long way since those annoying and juvinial raving rabbids well done Ubisoft.
  23. Oct 21, 2013
    Rayman legends is a great platformer Being a sequel to Rayman origins Legends improves on almost everything that origins was If you have a WiiU or a ps3 or PC pic this game up
  24. Oct 18, 2013
    best rayman 2d ever one of the best platforms of the seventh generation and the new generation WiiU lucky to have in your Catalogue
    rayman is fantastic and extremely competent.
    nice job Ubi
  25. Oct 11, 2013
    The game is beautiful, and the controls are near perfect. However, for my taste there are a number of issues. Most are rooted in that it is sickeningly easy. I understand the excessive check points for beginners, but there needs to be a difficulty setting that at least reduces these. It's so bad that there are check points in Boss battles. For example, most bosses are a standard 3 hit boss that you just have to wait for the opportunity to hit the boss. Between each hit there is a check point if you die in the battle. That's excessive for players who've been playing platforms since the 80's. This is what Easy, Normal, and Hard are for. The Invasion levels kindof mitigate this my making you do a short timed race, but their difficulty is unrefined. Normally the timer was far too long and allowed me get to the end and get a gold easily, and for a couple it was set so that I needed near perfection to get a gold. Again, this is what difficulty settings are for. Easy mode is for giving the player plenty of room to make mistakes, and hard is for near perfection to complete. Attempting to have it both ways ruins the experience by introducing inconstancy. I can't have Mr. Rogers hand holding in one part, and Cruella DeVille only a couple of time come out. One, or the other, and I prefer having the option to choose.

If you happen to have a small 4 year old running around then this game is perfect. You let them play a little Fly Frog thing called Murphy on the touch pad, and you play though a normal level. You wouldn't want to have them play the normal Murphy levels unless you want to talk them though what they need to do, but on levels that you can solo as Rayman it gives them something they can do to boost the overall score, and help you in a small way.

The online Challenge mode is also a redeeming quality. The direct competition with all the Rayman players gives it some of the difficulty that the main game is just lacking in. Having new challenges each week to race to the top to is very satisfying.

If it wasn't for the Challenge Mode, and for being a game my niece can enjoy this would have gotten a much lower score.
  26. Oct 9, 2013
    You know how although Mario games are fun, lately they have been lacking innovation? Rayman Legends is in that sense everything a Mario game isn’t- it’s bold, and it isn’t afraid to do things differently.
    Every level is bursting with crazy ideas that work really well. One level, I had to eat cake with the gamepad to guide Globox to the goal, the next I was dodging between layers of rotten
    food. And when Rayman Legends comes up with a really unique concept (which is all the time) it never outstays its welcome. Every single level throws something different at you and you’re constantly marvelling at the great ideas. The world maps are clumsy- it takes a Mario 64-style way of laying out the levels, except in a 2D format. It’s annoying finding your way around.
    But the level design is amazing. Rayman Legends is very challenging; you’ll find yourself dying loads. But a huge amount of checkpoints prevent frustration. The amount of checkpoints allow for more difficult, faster and more innovative gameplay. There are also about 10 teensies to collect in each level, increasing lasting appeal. Multiplayer takes the fun to a new level, allowing up to four players. There’s also a mad but hugely enjoyable multiplayer minigame called kung foot, which has you playing football in 2D platformer form. It’s a huge bummer, though, that there’s no online multiplayer.
    The visuals are breathtaking, looking beautiful consistently. So much care and attention to detail has gone into them. Nice touches also, like the swirling of leaves when you run past one point. This delicate style makes Rayman Legends’ visuals feel like a painting. The sound is also of outstanding quality: the music is fantastic and is my favourite-sounding game of the year. It’s come close to my all-time favourite sounding game series, Zelda. A concept that stretches music even further are the musical levels, when everything you do is to the rhythm, like runner 2, but lots better.
    One great gameplay innovation is where you take control of a character named Murphy, and Rayman becomes computer-controlled. Here you must use the gamepad’s touchscreen to do things like cut ropes, eat cake, and move protective shields to guide Rayman to the end of the level. This proves a 2D platformer CAN make use of the gamepad, unlike Mario. Unfortunately, as he’s AI-controlled, he can make some daft mistakes where a real person would not, and it can be so annoying when he walks straight into a lava pit. But this type of problem is rare, and you can have a a real person control him anyway, while you use the gamepad to interact with the environment. It’s not like mario’s boost mode as you actually NEED to use Murphy sometimes.
    The bosses at the end of each world are so creative and cleverly made. The boss fights are one of Legends’ many highlights.
    Rayman Legends also features all the levels from Rayman Origins as bonus levels without sacrificing anything. These greatly increase the lasting appeal.
    What does this even more are the Challenges. Every day, there’s a new one updated, and these single player Challenges have a leaderboard for each day. It could be completing a specially-designed level as fast as possible, or collecting as many lums as you can, or getting as far as possible. And these get updated every single day. This means you’ll be playing Legends for ages, even after getting all the teensies. It introduces a new level of competitiveness, made better by the ability to challenge your friends.
    Rayman Legends is amazing. It relentlessly challenges, never stops innovating, and it’s even better multiplayer. This is my first Rayman game, and I’m really impressed. It’s the best non-remake wii u game this year.
  27. Oct 6, 2013
    This game has it all. Amazing controls, gorgeous visuals, imaginative music, hilarious multiplayer (was playing with my 50 something parents and it was great.)
  28. Oct 4, 2013
    This game shows that 2D platformers are here to stay. It's filled with so much creativity and it's simply a joy to looks at and play. A must have for anyone who enjoys games in general.
  29. Oct 1, 2013
    There comes plenty of competition in the Wii U's current library when it comes to 2D platformers, but Rayman Legends holds its own very nicely. The level of innovation surpasses even that of Rayman Origins, making this game very appetising in its beauty, as well as its humour. The controls work very well and the gameplay is highly addictive. Value for money won't ever be an issue either, with many delicious scenes to explore, as well as the inclusion of collectibles in the form of Teensies, Creatures and Cups. Daily and Weekly Challenges add further longevity to your playtime, giving you the satisfaction of rating yourself against the rest of the world. Rayman Legends does have one drawback, however, and that is that it was a bit too easy to complete 100%. As a seasoned gamer, there were times when I struggled to complete certain sections but were quickly overcome after a few attempts, with most other sections being easily breezed through. This is where Rayman Legends doesn't measure up to the likes of New Super Mario Bros. U, where it is very difficult to complete 100%, but also very satisfying when 100% completion is achieved. Still, despite this, Rayman Legends deserves a 10 out of 10. Its beautiful soundtrack never gets old and it brings new things to the table the whole way through, including touchscreen and rhythm stages. Oh, bellissimo! This is a must-buy for any Wii U owner. Expand
  30. Sep 30, 2013
    An absolutely beautiful, addicting platformer. Couldn't put the controller down. Better than Origins and that was an Amazing game. On the later levels, you will die over and over again and still be having fun! Can't say enough good things about this game!
  31. Sep 26, 2013
    My son and daughter absolutely love this game, and they are only 3 and 4 years old! They dance any time I get a gold trophy in a level. My son begs for "Rayman Mario" every day! I make sure we go outside and play first This is a great game...a true challenge that can't be missed, especially on the Wii U!
    P.S. Side note Metacritic will allow you to do "dot dot dot"...but not a "dash"
    I just did 3 dashes there! Expand
  32. Sep 15, 2013
    This is pure platforming perfection. Great visuals with a stonking sound track, and game play so polished it makes a diamond studded ring look like coal.
  33. Sep 14, 2013
    Brilliant in many way. Visually stunning with some fantastic music. I would highly recommend playing it two player as it's pretty clear that was the way developers intended it to be. Me and my girlfriend had a blast with it. Some seriously innovative and fun gamepad usage. Can't fault it. The controls are great and it's really really fun. A shining example of what can be done with the gamepad in the right hands Expand
  34. Sep 13, 2013
    Amazing game! Ryman Legends is not only beautiful but it is also fun and destroys any New Super Mario bros game and it is amazing how much value is in this game with over 80 levels and awesome music levels and some tight gameplay and the 5 player co-op is amazing.
  35. Sep 12, 2013
    This game is really fun. I love the Murfy stages where you are forced to use the gamepad's touchscreen and motion controls. It is simply fun. The game reminds me of Mario 64 and it is awesome! The graphics are phenomenal and the game is super fun. It is fast and slow based on what you need to accomplish but it is always a thrill. Ubisoft did a great job developing this game and it takes advantage of the Wii U's gamepad perfectly. Great game! Definitely a must buy for gamers of all types. Expand
  36. Sep 11, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic game. Makes great use of the Wii gamepad and you can tell the game was designed with Wii U in mind. Co-op adds to the experience and it's a real fun family game. Daily and weekly challenges with online leader boards adds longevity. Highly recommended whether you're a platform game fan or not.
  37. Sep 11, 2013
    I haven't loved a game this much since I grew up and became an adult. Seriously, you know how the games you played when you were a child became dear to you in a way that you would cherish for years after completing them? Well Rayman Legends did that for me, and I'm 23. I count this title amongst my favourite of all time.
  38. Sep 8, 2013
    Rayman Legends is platforming Shangri-La. In terms of polish, design, and overall enjoyment in nearly every aspect of gameplay...Legends is, well...Legendary.

With how excellent it's predecessor 'Rayman Origins' was, I was actually incredibly surprised by how Legends felt. It seemed hard to believe a year ago that the formula from 'Origins' could have been improved upon...and yet,
    'Legends' does so in such a way that it re-defines our own previous idea of perfection, or at least near perfection.

Everything here...and I DO mean everything is wonderful: the game's expressive cartoon art style, the game's light hearted and smile-inducing music score, it's absolutely stellar control, it's surprisingly pleasing level design, and it's pitch perfect difficulty curve all come together in an amalgam of energetic and enthusiastic fun that is incredibly difficult to hate, or even find negative criticism for.

Level structure, checkpoints, and easier to track and manage collection details have all been improved since 'Origins,' proving that you can in fact polish something that was already nearly flawless. New content is wonderful to explore, sending us yet again into Rayman's colorful world of humor and wonder.

If I did have to pick a new favorite addition, it would most definitely be the new 'music levels'; fast moving and rhythm based scrolling levels that sync up nearly perfectly with various thematic songs. In these levels, you will run and jump to the beat of a mariachi rendition of "Eye of the Tiger" and even an amusing remix of "Black Betty" as it is sung by various trolls and ogres.

There's something for all fans of platforming games here...from Mario-like larger levels with lots to explore to shorter precision platforming levels ala Super Meat Boy...if you've ever played a platformer, or if you've ever simply played a video game...then you SHOULD try Rayman Legends.
  39. Sep 8, 2013
    A really fun platformer that takes full advantage of the gamepad. It is a joy to play co-op and the invaded levels can be quite challenging. A great amount of content that includes daily and weekly challenges, levels from origins and a soccer mini-game. A must have for any WiiU owner.
  40. Sep 7, 2013
    Rayman Legends is the first must own Wii U game and the first game to use the gamepad well. The core game play is the same as in Origins but everything has been improved from the level design, boss fights, online features and most importantly the amount of variety. Origins was a good game but it got repetitive well before the end, Legends manages to keep things fresh through out thanks largely to the new rhythm action levels and daily online challenges and leader boards.

The musical rhythm action levels are the best thing about Legends and really it's a shame there weren't more of these types of stages. Some sections require touch screen and tilt controls, there not particularly innovative but they are at least well implemented and add a bit more variety, but if I'm being honest I still could have done without them.

It seems churlish of me I know to criticise the game for having too much content but many of the old levels from Origins are included as part of the main game and I felt that this made the game more repetitive than it needed to be as the new levels already have a lot of replay ability and will take a very long time to master them and unlock everything. Bogging the game down with old content just seems unnecessary. Generous yes, but unnecessary.

In terms of graphics and music Rayman Legends is one of the best games you can get and it makes New Super Mario Bros U seem bland in comparison. I still prefer the less floaty physics and more tactical gameplay in New Super Mario Bros U though which makes picking which is better less clear cut than it could have been. Overall though I'd have to say the feature packed Rayman Legends is the best HD platform game there currently is.
  41. Sep 6, 2013
    Awesome level design with loads of extra content make this a platformer game fan's dream. You can lose hours upon hours into the content of this games easily many times over and still have plenty to do. This is also my favorite version of this game to play on the Wii U.
  42. Sep 6, 2013
    The game adapts very good characteristics of the medieval age, the Wii U version was the one that ensendio many players, the adaptation of costumes esclusivas like mario & luigi costume, a special level for the console, maybe this is the push that nesesitaba nintendo for your console and wonders what to fact the 1st time I played the demo was like playing with wii control and my friend with the wii pad is easily adapted to the hands as if part of you and estubieras within the game itself
    -The music is a major factor in video games and in this case I get hooked much the soundtrack
    -The graphics were passable though the Wii U is not your strongest character but certainly fit the Legends came to a triumphant
    -The gameplay this is a strong factor nintendo platforms and this juego achieving its mission estabelcer achieve great gameplay and spend hours playing and up finding secret levels.
    No doubt the atarso that tube was just a cosnentracion jeugo for the day of its release was made striking and grow just like a ball of snow falling on a hanging, good job Ubisoft.
  43. Sep 5, 2013
    Amazing. This game has some of the best level design in history. It's constantly throwing new but similar gameplay mechanics so you never feel cheated but you always feel challenged. This game has a great difficulty curve starting out easy and constantly getting harder. Also its nice how they allow you to skip over levels or switch worlds so you can come back to more challenging levels later. Also the graphics are beautiful. They feel fresh and new. Theres multiplayer which looks sweet and tons of unlockables. I would recommend this game to all people who have ever liked platforming games, or people just looking for a really good game. Expand
  44. Sep 5, 2013
    Platforming perfection. Great visuals, fun and varied level design, daily/weekly challenges with online leader boards, tons of playable characters and other unlockables this game just has too much to do and every second of it is amazing and fun. Legends is challenging but rarely frustrating. A game that is fun to play but that gives you plenty to master. The touch screen levels add variety but I didn't find them as fun as the other levels. Legends also contains many unlockable stages from Origins so you can see some of those if you missed them previously. Expand
  45. Sep 5, 2013
    There is only one word I can use to describe Legends: Flawless. Hours of game play, tons of re-playability, infinite amounts of charm and style, Rayman Legends stands above the rest of this year's games as King. The controls are tight and responsive, with all sorts of nuances you can learn and tricks you can pull off (most applicable in Challenge Mode), the touchscreen controls function perfectly as well. the gameplay is fast and frantic, requiring expert timing and memorization (if you're bad enough to die constantly). The graphics have a beautiful style, with bright colors everywhere, and themed levels worlds (a Rayman mainstay) where varied mechanics and different hazards abound. Hours of replayability, with Challenge Mode, time trials, and Back to Origins levels; you'll rarely run out of something to do. As I stand, I cannot think of a single flaw with this game; it is the best 2D platformer of the past 15 years, maybe in the history of gaming. And in a day and age where games are increasingly movies, it's wonderful to play a game that knows its roots, and can still tell a story without hours of custscenes. If you get this game, do yourself a favor and go for the definitive experience, on the WiiU with two or three friends. Score: 10/10 Expand
  46. Sep 4, 2013
    Previous fans: you should like the series even more because of this (and no more Rabbids!! Yes!). Not previous fans: this game will knock your socks off.
  47. Sep 3, 2013
    Just when I thought the rayman series couldn't get better, it just does. The graphics are more than a work of art, and the gameplay is fun and fast paced. There's tons to do and the main levels take around 15 hours to the credits. I bought the PC version, which is a direct port of the console version. It's the best PC port i've seen since borderlands 2 or FEZ honestly, but the PC version is alot better than using keyboard. The level design is also very donkey kong country returns-ish, where you don't expect what the next level might be themed. If this isn't all enough, the soundtrack is the best video game sound track I might have ever heard. And leaderboards just add more length to the game. My only two cons is that it could have used some online in any way, either campaign mode or just the minigames. Also the game manages to hold your hand a bit, there is (most of the time) instructions on how to do simple things you've already done before.

If you're still on the verge of spending $60 or $40 (PC and Vita) then don't be. This game is worth every penny. 10/10.
  48. Sep 3, 2013
    Simply amazing! Rayman Origins was one of my favorite platformers of this gen, and Legends found a way to completely improve upon it without creating any new problems. The more music levels is simply the greatest thing Ubisoft could have done with this game. A must buy.
  49. Sep 4, 2013

1. Jan 1, 2014
    For the sake of the freedom of these 700 teensies; for all the content; for the sheer amount of joy and enthusiasm and butt poking; for the sea and sky and swamps and castles; for how well these worlds and their levels are imagined, adorned, and realized, this may very well be the last platformer you ever need.
    It seems that the Wii U version it’s the best in cooperative play and the gamepad provides an additional level of interaction not possible on other consoles.
  3. Oct 5, 2013
    Rayman Legends might just be the best 2D platformer of the current generation, and pure fun with your friends or your kids. [Sept 2013]