6.9

1. Mar 31, 2013
    Great fun for kids and parents! The portal with the characters you can put on it is an awesome idea. The graphics are simple but pretty cute and super smooth. The game play in the story mode is pretty cool and full of nice role playing elements.
  2. Jan 24, 2013
    This game is great! I hear a lot of reviews about it being for children but as an adult I can say I enjoy it as much as any other game. With less time in my day available to sink into playing a video games I don't really want to spend 50 hours a week trying to beat something. Skylanders lets me come home, put a guy on a portal, and have some fun. The learning curve is low as the characters only have a handful of moves to use. There puzzles throughout the game that range from very simple to slightly challenging depending on if you're trying to get a perfect score or just beat it. If you're worried about it being "too easy" put the game on hard. You can't just close your eyes and mash buttons to beat it, you will have to actually try to avoid attacks. Even as giants your health is not infinite :). Worth picking up, collecting the little guys may just become an addicting hobby! Expand

1. Jan 7, 2013
    The Wii U edition doesn't have any new features that makes it much better than others, but just enough to make an already great game even better on this new console.
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Skylanders Giants is a great adventure game for its target audience and the perfect excuse for the rest of us to collect the toys. It's hard to shake the feeling of déjà vu though, with Skylanders Giants looking, feeling and playing almost identical to the original. It's also a shame that the obvious potential of it RPG mechanics haven't been realised yet.
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    What makes this edition of Skylanders Giants the best one are the high-definition graphics and the GamePad functionality. [Dec 2012, p.73]