Sonic: Lost World Wii U

• Release Date: Oct 29, 2013
  • Also On: 3DS, PC
7.2

1. Aug 9, 2016
    It's not as bad as many people claim, sure it could be better, but I had a fun time playing it... even if the controls are poorly explained through the game and I haven't used (or known about) the powerful jump/dash whatever move only at the last of the Deadly Six which made the Boss fights pretty challenging and fun.
  2. Aug 7, 2016
    Sonic Lost World is a game that will not please everyone. It does show that the Sonic Team has the potential to make a good Sonic game. Unfortunately whenever they do strike on a good idea or formula they throw the baby out with the bathwater. Lost World feels like an experiment. As such it excels in some areas while falling short in others due to poor execution.

Lost World is not a bad

Lost World is not a bad game. It is however a flawed one. The parkour system is an interesting idea but doesn't always respond the way you want it too. The level designs are fantastic though I think some of them have shoehorned Sonic into a platformer. While Sonic games are platforming games, they have always been more about speed and getting through the level in the most expedient way possible. The level designs in Lost World while creative place greater emphasis on precision platforming, jumping, etc. This is an area where Mario has excelled at for years. Speaking of Mario I think its clear where many of the level designs drew their inspiration from. However it seems like the developers also tried just about anything to see what would stick. One time your racing through a level, the next your in a 2-d side-scrolling aerial battle reminiscent of asteroids or space invaders. These oddball levels break the pacing and don't really fit within the game.

The storyline isn't anything to write home about. The villians (with the exception of Robotnik) are utterly forgettable. Yes I know I called him Robotnik, so sue me! The production values are fantastic though. It is really one of the best looking Sonic games I have seen in a while. Sonic Lost World is ultimately worth a look if your a Sonic fan. I would suggest renting it or playing a demo first before you commit to a purchase however.
  3. Aug 5, 2016
    I have played every 3D sonic game from adventure to this, and liked them all, even unleashed, even shadow and even 2006. But this is the one sonic game I actually hate, it's controls are frustration as **** the story's decent but there's a lot of questions I have about it, I hate the music too there's only 2 tracks that I like that's disappointing and the game feels too much like a marioI have played every 3D sonic game from adventure to this, and liked them all, even unleashed, even shadow and even 2006. But this is the one sonic game I actually hate, it's controls are frustration as **** the story's decent but there's a lot of questions I have about it, I hate the music too there's only 2 tracks that I like that's disappointing and the game feels too much like a mario game, and that's bad, he's sonics rival and this game he copies him, what was sonic team thinking? Expand
  4. Jul 4, 2016
    The levels are very fun and feel great. The story ain't so good and I find the cutscences annoying. The controls are good and the graphics look great. Not bad it's okay.
  5. Jun 26, 2016
    A great continuation of the Sonic games, changing the formula a little bit, sometimes way too much. The parkour system feels clumsy a the beginning, but when you master it, it is great. The levels vary from green hill styled levels to... a Monkeyball level or a casino level. The red star rings are easy to collect and they unlock chaos emeralds. If you get the 7 ones, you can transform intoA great continuation of the Sonic games, changing the formula a little bit, sometimes way too much. The parkour system feels clumsy a the beginning, but when you master it, it is great. The levels vary from green hill styled levels to... a Monkeyball level or a casino level. The red star rings are easy to collect and they unlock chaos emeralds. If you get the 7 ones, you can transform into super sonic, which is underpowered but has a boost instead of the spin dash. The music, made by the ones that made the Sonic Unleashed music, is great as always, my favorite being Sky Road Zone 2. All in all, it is a good game, but it has its flaws (*cough* Frozen Faztory Zone 2 *cough*), but I would reccomend playing it to many sonic fans. Expand
  6. Apr 8, 2016
    Sonic Lost World is a game that was meant to change the gameplay of sonic for the better. The game replaces the boost with an infinite spindash which is not as fast but still pretty exhilarating. The gameplay is some of the best the franchise has ever seen. Sonic also has parkour, which means he can run alongside walls. This game also lets you control your speed. It has three types. Slow,Sonic Lost World is a game that was meant to change the gameplay of sonic for the better. The game replaces the boost with an infinite spindash which is not as fast but still pretty exhilarating. The gameplay is some of the best the franchise has ever seen. Sonic also has parkour, which means he can run alongside walls. This game also lets you control your speed. It has three types. Slow, medium and fast. Slow is when you use the analog stick, sonic will do an uncomfortable jog. In medium you hold down the run button(you heard me right, a run button) to run slowly. Fast is your spindash. I think this was done to make platforming easier. However, the level design does not compliment these ideas. Most levels are
    strictly based on platforming and do not let you take advantage of the spindash and parkour. When it does let you take advantage, it is alot of fun. The story is nothing worth mentioning. However,Sonic lost world even with its flaws is a pretty solid platformer. It has beautiful graphics and outstanding music. However, I only recomend it to you if you are a sonic fan.If only this game had good level design, it would have been amazing.
  7. Mar 30, 2016
    I am, what you would call, a long-time Sonic fan and ever since I heard the announcements about this game, I thought different to that of other games like Generations or Colours.

At first playing this game (bought it a few days ago), I thought this was an alright set up for a game on the Wii U; gorgeous graphics, 1080p with 60fps game play. What could go wrong? It took a day to complete this game 100%, but the journey I experienced didn't go as I hoped.

Let me explain the controls quickly; left analog stick to move; A/B to jump with A also working as the homing-attack; X/Y allowing you to roll or bounce up to three times after jumping with each bounce getting you higher; ZL allows you to spin-dash and ZR allows you to run. The controls are basic and easy to get use to; Sonic's movement however feels a bit stiff in 2D sections and when jumping.

The level designs arrange from many different styles, from the tubular set up to the 2D sections, it's all ok for the most part but some locations have you doing absurd things like in Frozen Factory when you are going around as a big snowball collecting rings and red star rings, I'll get to them later. I like and hate some of the designs with what you have to go through, but each location just look exquisite when you're the kind that love a nice setting.

The homing-attack has seen a change of development; you can now lock onto multiple enemies and perform combo hits with this; sometimes the reticle will charge up for a even more powerful attack on bigger enemies, or you could use the new kick attack by pressing X/Y when a lock-on has been made. The parkour, a new mechanic, is somewhat confusing to control at times; you could be running up a wall normally and then something happens, causing you to fall to your death and other times, you don't know how to fully work the parkour when it is mandatory in one or two sections.

Red star rings are back from Colours, Generations and 4 episode 2, but they are worse here; many are in plain sight and due to curiosity, you immediately want to collect it. Some of the red rings are put in places that pretty much require full control of the parkour system to get to them while others go through do-or-die situations to collect them. I know that we should have a sense of challenge when collecting these things... this game barely has any satisfaction after collecting them all.

There's 140 red star rings in total and each location (seven locations in total) has 20 red rings; after collecting every red ring in a location, you are rewarded a Chaos Emerald from that location and collecting all seven will unlock Super Sonic. Is he worth it? Yes and no.

Yes: The sense of replaying many stages with Super Sonic is fun as you can blast through the stage at high speeds and the fact that we can now play as him during both game play and boss fights.

No: Nothing other than losing the spin-dash for a infinite boost is made while you can't play as Super Sonic during the final boss fight unless you either hack the game or use the glitch found on the internet.

Overall, Sonic Lost World on the Wii U is a fun and time-consuming game, just with flaws that shouldn't need to be there; I missed out the description on the plot and the newcomers: the Deadly Six, they're just there for villains and are typically pathetic while there is only little amount of a plot.

I give this game a 7.5 out of ten; I hope that future Sonic games become much more than this and focus more on what Sonic is known for: high-speed game play.
  8. Mar 12, 2016
    Sonic Lost World is a game I can only recommend to the casual gamer who just likes to play Sonic games for fun. Hardcore Sonic fans will be disappointed with how the formula was changed dramatically, (especially since the Sonic games before this got the formula right,) and newbies will want to stay the @#$% away. This game is definitely not meant to be anyone's first Sonic game. The levelSonic Lost World is a game I can only recommend to the casual gamer who just likes to play Sonic games for fun. Hardcore Sonic fans will be disappointed with how the formula was changed dramatically, (especially since the Sonic games before this got the formula right,) and newbies will want to stay the @#$% away. This game is definitely not meant to be anyone's first Sonic game. The level design is kind of ... meh, And don't even get me started on the boss fights. They're pathetic. However, Sonic Lost World has few positives that give it at least a 7/10. The graphics are some of the best the Wii U has to offer, and the soundtrack is amazing, just like every other Sonic game. I personally think the voice acting in the cutscenes is good. Despite my criticism on the level design, some are pretty fun. In conclusion, Sonic Lost World is solid, but nothing special. Expand
  9. Feb 24, 2016
    Pra mim esse jogo peca em varios sentidos, jogabilidade é um dos. As fases são curtas, sem graça até, principalmente as fases em modo plataforma 2D, e a dificuldade dos chefes é bem desiquilibrada com a dificuldade e desafio das fases, logo de cara o primeiro chefe já faz vc passar raiva porque na verdade não ha um meio solido, tipo uma rotina do que vc realmente tem que fazer paraPra mim esse jogo peca em varios sentidos, jogabilidade é um dos. As fases são curtas, sem graça até, principalmente as fases em modo plataforma 2D, e a dificuldade dos chefes é bem desiquilibrada com a dificuldade e desafio das fases, logo de cara o primeiro chefe já faz vc passar raiva porque na verdade não ha um meio solido, tipo uma rotina do que vc realmente tem que fazer para derrotar ele, é tudo uma questão de tentativa e erro e geralmente vc vai errar!
    Enfim, a franquia sonic está destruida, bons games ficaram no Wii, digo Sonic Colors por exemplo e talvez o Secrete Of The Rings, no Wii-U vieram Lost World e Sonic Boom, dois títulos despresíveis do console! E não se atrevam a comparar esse Sonic com Mario Galaxy, isso é blasfemar contra Mario Galaxy!
  10. Feb 6, 2016
    Disclaimer: I actually finished this game. I've been gaming since the 80s and have a high tolerance when it comes to this sort of thing, plus there wasn't much else out on the Wii U at the time.

Sonic Lost World could have been great. It has lots of potential but there are too many bugs, too few interesting levels, and too many dissident elements. Bugs: This would have been a far

Bugs: This would have been a far better game if Sega had put in another three to six months of polishing. There's a lot of potential in many of the levels that's ruined by buggy implementation. It's not fun to die over and over again because of a bug in the level design. An auto-run level should not kill the player six times out of time when they're pushing the exact same inputs simply because a bumper wasn't properly placed. One of the more interesting boss fights, which involved climbing up on the boss, was ruined because of a glitchy implementation were running up the bosses' back only worked 20% of the time.

Too Few Interesting Levels: There are some very good levels buried in Sonic Lost World but there's a lot of levels that could have been good but which are just boring, buggy messes. It's clear that the development team could do better so the question is why didn't they? Probably a rushed release to meet a deadline. Too bad, this could have been a much better game with a bit more effort. Also, I usually love the boss fights in Sonic titles but the vast majority in this game are unclear, random messes that feel like something to endure rather than a challenge to overcome. There are expectations, this game has a few really fun boss fights, but again that only proves that the development could have done better on the others.

Dissident elements: It say something that the cut scenes were my favorite part of this game. The dialogue between Sonic and Eggman is often hilarious, the Deadly Six are far less entertaining...both in cut scenes and in the actual game. I found their dialogue to be trope, violent, boring, and out of tone with Sonic. When it became clear that Sonic was killing them off one by one - this is confirmed by dialogue - I began to wonder what Sega had been thinking. I also often found myself wondering why giant watermelons and other clearly Mario inspired elements were showing up so overtly in a Sonic title.
  11. Feb 5, 2016
    This is a really good sonic game it isn't perfect but it had great graphics amazing gameplay awesome presentation and ok controls but the boss fights are pathetic I don't understand why people hate this game so much try it if you have a wii u or pc but don't try the 3ds version
  12. Jan 14, 2016
    There's something this game has and then it just keeps on trying and trying over again to be a decent Sonic game. It's not a bad one, but it's just only for those who loves the hedgehog throughout the years. On the other hands, the final boss music is well made and some of the music are too.
  13. Jan 3, 2016
    This is a great Sonic game and heavily underrated. The only problem is those damn Red Rings. Trust me, you will die a lot. Other than that, great game!
  14. Dec 31, 2015
    I like this game but it is just that I like super mario galaxy more,I now that sonic had the idea of mario galaxy first but I just dont like this gameplay style like unleashed or generations style,it is still a fun game though,I give it an 8.1 out of 10
  15. Dec 30, 2015
    Sonic lost world is it least ok. Its by all means not a bad sonic game sonic is not as fast as generations or colors but he is a little fast. The story is so so for me its better than sonic generations story. The graphics are the best thing about this game it is SO gorgeous. Level design is decent . The music is good as always the sky road theme is my favorite. And the controls areSonic lost world is it least ok. Its by all means not a bad sonic game sonic is not as fast as generations or colors but he is a little fast. The story is so so for me its better than sonic generations story. The graphics are the best thing about this game it is SO gorgeous. Level design is decent . The music is good as always the sky road theme is my favorite. And the controls are difficult at first but you will get used to it. Im giving it a 7. Expand
  16. Dec 29, 2015
    Great game with beautiful graphics. Playing with Sonic in this speed and 3D environment does bring back some nostalgia from playing SA and SA2B. However, Some hard turns in the game feel punishable as they cut Sonic's speed more than half, and certain traps in the game are ridiculous to be considered a life-value trap. The story is better than what critiques claim to be "poor" or "dull",Great game with beautiful graphics. Playing with Sonic in this speed and 3D environment does bring back some nostalgia from playing SA and SA2B. However, Some hard turns in the game feel punishable as they cut Sonic's speed more than half, and certain traps in the game are ridiculous to be considered a life-value trap. The story is better than what critiques claim to be "poor" or "dull", and the deadly six are unique on their own. Both DLCs in this game are excellent, and the Legend of Zelda one is by far my favorite. Awesome game overall. Expand
  17. Dec 15, 2015
    esta bueno el juego pero es jugar con el control graficos pasables pero vi mejores de sonic asi que yo digo que pasable solo pasable asi que yo digo eso
  18. Nov 19, 2015
    Non capisco tutte le lamentele della gente, a me Sonic Lost World per Wii U è piaciuto molto.
    Sia chiaro, il gameplay boost mi piace comunque però dopo un po' inizia ad essere tediante.
    Spero che il prossimo gioco della serie principale sia un mix di questo gameplay e quello di Adventure.
  19. Nov 8, 2015
    I honestly would describe this game by saying it's basically Mario Galaxy with a lot better controls, graphics, characters(barely), but does have a lot of odd and just plain bad design choices throughout, not a lot, but enough.
  20. Nov 7, 2015

Lost World is not a bad

21. Nov 5, 2015
    It's not a terrible 3d Sonic game!
    It's not a terrible 3d Sonic game!
    Sonic Lost World was the first Sonic game on the Wii U, and I remember being quite hyped for this game. I played the demo on the 3ds, and eventually I got the game. It's certainly not bad, by any means; it's not as good as Colors, Adventure 2 or Generations, but it's still decent. The game has a high focus on platforming this time around, though; it's not very good. There's not a much of a high focus on speed this time around, which is something Sega needs to improve on in order to make a proper Sonic game. Speaking of Sonic, he still retains most of his basic abilities, such as the spin dash and homing attack, and the Wisps from Colors return with new abilities. The level design this time around can be enjoyable at some points, but the others are just a bore; the controls try to fit where platforming works, but for a Sonic game, they feel wrong because you somewhat differentiate them with other controls.
    Overall, Sonic Lost World isn't a terrible game, by any means. It has good graphics, the level design can be good sometimes, and the alternate paths that you can take make for more replay value, but the poor design choices such as the lack of speed and poor controls make this game not as good as any other good Sonic game.

Sonic Lost World gets a 6/10.
  22. Nov 2, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  23. Oct 6, 2015
    A well-built, polished game with great design ideas but suffers from poorly implemented concepts. This game feel very wishy-washy at times with exactly what it's aiming to be and is definitely a step back from the faster paced 'Generations' that preceded it. In the end it all depends on what you prefer in a Sonic game. If you like slow-paced platforming focused gameplay, give this game aA well-built, polished game with great design ideas but suffers from poorly implemented concepts. This game feel very wishy-washy at times with exactly what it's aiming to be and is definitely a step back from the faster paced 'Generations' that preceded it. In the end it all depends on what you prefer in a Sonic game. If you like slow-paced platforming focused gameplay, give this game a go. If not, maybe skip this one out. Expand
  24. Sep 6, 2015

Best Sonic game to date and it is extremely underrated

+ Great platforming
    + 2D and 3D mix
    + Great level design
    + Mario Galaxy inspiration
    + Amazing combat
    + Interesting story

- Boss battles
    - Wisps
    - Wall running could be better but it is a great addition to Sonic's arsenal
  25. Aug 31, 2015
    Sonic lost world best sonic game to Date with gorgeous graphic unique level design not coping super Mario Galaxy and should be in any sonic fans collection.
  26. Aug 24, 2015
    Sonic Lost World is a really great game. The characters are awesome and the level design is really cool. The only downside to this game is how easily the bosses are defeated. Overall: a 7 in my book.
  27. Aug 6, 2015
    It's an obvious horrible Mario Galaxy ripoff. It controls... okay... and the graphics are... okay... I wouldn't recommend this for most Wii U owners. It's just... weird.
  28. Jul 22, 2015
    This game is awful for the franchise,almost non speed sensation at all, only on few stages, the history is quite dumb the Helix and deadly six thing doesn't seem to fit also they design is quite poor, the power ups from Sonic colors are welcome but still doesn't make it for the slow clunky gameplay, in Resume is you are or were an old school(sonic the hedgehog or adventure/heroes) fan youThis game is awful for the franchise,almost non speed sensation at all, only on few stages, the history is quite dumb the Helix and deadly six thing doesn't seem to fit also they design is quite poor, the power ups from Sonic colors are welcome but still doesn't make it for the slow clunky gameplay, in Resume is you are or were an old school(sonic the hedgehog or adventure/heroes) fan you will be disappointed is you're looking for a nice, easy and colorful game for your kids to play, then you are on the right place.

PD: Also the Yoshi and Zelda DLC are gladly welcome.
  29. Jul 14, 2015
    Um jogo incrível,gráficos,trilha sonora,jogabilidade excelentes.Esse e um ótimo jogo do Sonic e todos que tem um Wii u devem tê-lo,a Sega fez um belo trabalho!
  30. May 22, 2015
    This game neither amazed me or impressed me rip off of SMG no doubt is it comparable it like putting a corpse next to hulk hogan however it doesn't deserve all terrible rep it getting boss battles suck and SMG like levels don't benefit sonic's speed not bad definitely not good.
  31. Apr 24, 2015
    When Sonic: Lost World is good, it's great. It has that magic that made the older Sonic games so addictive. There are a few levels that don't quite have the spark of others and let the game down slightly, (Rolling around as a giant snowball springs to mind...) but overall this is a very polished production, with immaculate graphics and great music.

Most importantly though, Sonic: Lost

Most importantly though, Sonic: Lost World is fun.
  32. Apr 23, 2015
    the acting is horrible
    the gameplay is just like the other sonic games
    the clips are dumb
    it makes my eyes hear will a little but egg man look bad
    it is not as bad as sonic 06 but still bad.
  33. Apr 18, 2015
    I want to like this game, I really do. I also want to burn it at the stake for ending an era. Lets go over the pros and cons as quickly as possible

Pros: -The graphics are fantastic -The soundtrack is pretty good -The two-player mode, though limited, is fun enough -The story is pretty good Cons -The gameplay really does suck, especially the 2D sections -The characters and

Pros:
    -The graphics are fantastic
    -The soundtrack is pretty good
    -The two-player mode, though limited, is fun enough
    -The story is pretty good

Cons
    -The gameplay really does suck, especially the 2D sections
    -The characters and dialogue are boring and annoying most of the time
    -The controls are terrible
    -The Unleashed style of gameplay, which had almost been perfected, is gone
    -It isn't AT ALL like a Sonic game

Long story short : don't buy this game. Stick to Unleashed, Colours and Generations for now
  34. Apr 17, 2015
    definitely a great game sonic in my opinion is a good game undoubtedly not understand the negative reviews if very good definitely a great game sonic in my opinion is a good game undoubtedly not understand the negative reviews if very good also not to mention the good levels that are well designed real-mind
  35. Apr 9, 2015
    He comprado este juego el 2015 porque estaba rebajado, y mi gran sorpresa que el juego me encanto yo creo que todos los que lo critican no lo han jugado y se dejan llevar por los comentarios de gente que no tiene el juego o ve un video de youtube. Es un gran juego se los recomiendo
  36. Mar 9, 2015
    If you like classic sonic thrown into modern gameplay,then this game is for you.This game while not being my favorite sonic game (that would be unleashed) this is still a good game.
  37. Feb 19, 2015
    Unlike the Critics like the biased IGN and unreliable Gamespot, I actually know how to play a Sonic game. And let me tell you, I knew how to play this Masterpiece. Many people think it's a copy off of Mario Galaxy, although the truth is Mario Galaxy is kinda a copy off of the space levels in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 2's levels are related to Yoshi's Island space-like levels, andUnlike the Critics like the biased IGN and unreliable Gamespot, I actually know how to play a Sonic game. And let me tell you, I knew how to play this Masterpiece. Many people think it's a copy off of Mario Galaxy, although the truth is Mario Galaxy is kinda a copy off of the space levels in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 2's levels are related to Yoshi's Island space-like levels, and Yoshi's Island's space levels are a copy off of many parts of Sonic 3 and Knuckles's Carnival Night Zone and Death Egg Zone, and Sonic X-treme (Which a lot of people seem to be in denial of, thinking it was a fish-eye view game only, but the truth is it was a combination of both gravity-based gameplay and the fish-eye view, yeah I've done my research.) But I digress. And while I admit Mario Galaxy was a magnificent game, it was not completely original, because Sega thought of the idea first, and while many fans of Mario Galaxy can deny it all they want, it's not going to change the facts, but again, I emphasize, Mario Galaxy was a god-like game, a great step away from the money-grabbing, repetitive, sexist, though sometimes creative, games Mario is usually in.

So the claims that Sonic Lost World is a rip-off of Mario Galaxy is distorted. I honestly like to think Sonic Lost World is just Sonic X-treme being finished off because of the similarities that one of the original ideas for the storyline Sonic X-treme was going to have was implemented in Sonic Lost World, The six Zeti being the original 'six chaos monsters' that were going to be under forced to do Eggman's biding after he stole and released them from the Master Emerald, (Half of that idea was put to use on Chaos in Sonic Adventure.) Although while I admit Sonic Lost World is nearly original, I do admit I've found out a few of the developers of the game where inspired by parts of Mario Galaxy, but that's parts, not all of it. Many creators have been inspired by others ideas, but have managed to make it original. Just like my father always says, "Good people are great creators, great people are inspired by the ideas of others, with so many ideas in the world, arguably nothing is truly original."
  38. Feb 12, 2015
    Game is actually quite good, sometimes a bit hard but a very good Sonic game. Arguably the best one in the last 10-15 years. Classic Sonic turned into a 3D style title.

Some consider this a "Mario Galaxy" game, but it isn't really the case. The gameplay feels like if old Sonic went into the new modern Sonic games but focused more on accuracy and mixed speeds. Heard alot consider it

Heard alot consider it better then Colors, but it depends on whether you played it.
  39. Jan 22, 2015
    Sonic Lost World, in many ways, feels like the first truly 3D classic Sonic game to me. It has so much inspiration and creativity that I'm just bursting with happiness as I blaze through the colorful and adventurous worlds of the Lost Hex.
  40. Jan 19, 2015
    This game is an awesome sonic game and worth every cent!

Pros
    -Outstanding Graphics
    -Amazing story
    -Fun gameplay/bosses
    -Very funny
    -Outstanding music

CONS
    -A little glitchy
    -too hard at times
  41. Dec 24, 2014
    Well Sonic Lost World the second best game that sega make every thing is good storyline is interesting new spindash new homing attack new attack homing kick,skydriving level's,graphic,gameplay,wisp are changed and upgraded and amazing game soundtrack,super sonic gameplay,dlc level hell dude everything! But the bosses is too easy so this made that game too easy so because of boss battle'sWell Sonic Lost World the second best game that sega make every thing is good storyline is interesting new spindash new homing attack new attack homing kick,skydriving level's,graphic,gameplay,wisp are changed and upgraded and amazing game soundtrack,super sonic gameplay,dlc level hell dude everything! But the bosses is too easy so this made that game too easy so because of boss battle's and final boss i can only give 9/10 but still looking for good sonic game were you can play with frends here ya go but still sonic colours is better. Expand
  42. Dec 18, 2014
    This game is already criminally underrated. Now, don't get me wrong. There are some poor choices here. A couple levels in here are too gimmicky and do drag down the game. But this game stays truer to the original sonic series than even the first 3D sonic games. When the game gets its levels down, its a fun time. The parkour may be hit or miss, but in the games case, it at least is tryingThis game is already criminally underrated. Now, don't get me wrong. There are some poor choices here. A couple levels in here are too gimmicky and do drag down the game. But this game stays truer to the original sonic series than even the first 3D sonic games. When the game gets its levels down, its a fun time. The parkour may be hit or miss, but in the games case, it at least is trying something new without smothering the whole game in a shroud of confusion. The new enemies are designed nicely and dont feel out of place in the retroesque world. They may be very stereotypical, but im pretty sure that's the point. Theyre a team called the deadly six. They were going to be cheesy. Overall this game is worth playing. And its damn better than anything Sonic related in the 2000s. Expand
  43. Dec 15, 2014
    Queria colocarle un 7.5... Un 8 es muy alto, un 7 muy bajo, pero no puedo, así que me inclino por el 8 para describir este juego, que no es el mejor juego de Sonic, no tiene la mejor jugabilidad y no tiene la mejor historia, pero que usa los multiples atributos que tiene la Wii U, tiene un sistema de niveles nuevo para la serie que resulta un tanto divertido y multiples caminos paraQueria colocarle un 7.5... Un 8 es muy alto, un 7 muy bajo, pero no puedo, así que me inclino por el 8 para describir este juego, que no es el mejor juego de Sonic, no tiene la mejor jugabilidad y no tiene la mejor historia, pero que usa los multiples atributos que tiene la Wii U, tiene un sistema de niveles nuevo para la serie que resulta un tanto divertido y multiples caminos para finalizarlos y que en si tiene el potencial de ser un buen plataformas, así este trillado por la crítica y la decepción de jugadores tradicionales de Sonic pero nunca deja de ser un juego subvalorado. Expand
  44. Dec 12, 2014
    you have stolen the words by my mouth, so:
    you have stolen the words by my mouth, so:
    As a lifetime fan of Sonic, I've seen him at his best and worst. Sonic Lost World is definitely one of Sonic's better 3-D offerings. The plot and storytelling are enjoyable. The game is stupendous from a visual and audio standpoint. The soundtrack is wholly fantastic, ranging from super rad to breathtakingly beautiful. The gameplay in SLW feels more faithful to Sonic's Genesis classics, both in concept and execution, than any 3-D Sonic offering to date. Rather than being the ridiculously fast "boost to win" Sonic of recent years, Lost World focuses on acceleration and maintaining momentum through skillful platforming, just like the old days. The level design compliments the control mechanics really well, with a subtle brilliance even. The game isn't perfect. The Wii-U exclusive features like wisps feel totally shoehorned in an unnecessary. As Sonic Team is often wont to do, the focus on creativity over refinement can really be frustrating at times. Difficulty spikes toward the end are infuriating. Some ideas just don't work and can take away the grin the good 80% of the game gives you. Boss battles are terrible in this game. Overall though, I think Sonic Lost World deserves a much better reception than what it has received from the press. It's easily as good as Sonic Colors and should not be missed if you're a Sonic fan.
  45. Nov 25, 2014
    As 'mixed bag' as a game can get. Virtually every triumph in the game is paired with a failing. Some of the levels in the game are an absolute joy to play, e.g. Desert Ruins Zone 2, Tropical Coast Zone 2 and Frozen Factory Zone 2 and some levels are just an array of mediocrity and frustration, e.g. Windy Hills Zone 3 and Frozen Factory Zone 1. Sonic: Lost World's biggest strengths lie inAs 'mixed bag' as a game can get. Virtually every triumph in the game is paired with a failing. Some of the levels in the game are an absolute joy to play, e.g. Desert Ruins Zone 2, Tropical Coast Zone 2 and Frozen Factory Zone 2 and some levels are just an array of mediocrity and frustration, e.g. Windy Hills Zone 3 and Frozen Factory Zone 1. Sonic: Lost World's biggest strengths lie in the sumptuous visuals and mostly excellent level design, but things take a hit when the controls come into play. Sonic is far too complicated to control, the lock-on system is unreliable and the controls are a touch too sensitive, making the game much more difficult than it was probably intended to be (kids - the target audience, will have a hard time beating this game). The game's voice acting, while overly exaggerated and clichéd fits the tone of the game well but sadly, the character's dialogue is insufferable but will likely make the younger players laugh (in the right way) at least. The new characters, the 'Deadly Six' are appallingly designed but some of them will appeal more than others. The music is also a mixed bag, some tunes are upbeat and catchy while some will probably make your ears bleed. Sonic: Lost World has been heavily influenced by Super Mario Galaxy and even though the inspiration is clearly evident, the execution is somewhat lacking in Sonic's outing, but it is still a decent attempt at replicating the style into Sonic's universe. Where Sonic: Lost World does do right is in the variety of the levels, every level offers something different to see and do, making the thought of advancing to each level rather exciting despite some control frustrations.

Graphics: 9.0
    Gameplay: 5.5
    Features: 7.0

Sonic: Lost World will annoy more unforgiving gamers as the template of the game is superb, but SEGA did a half-hearted job of the controls, which ultimately almost destroys an otherwise breathtaking experience. What is also baffling, surely Sonic's controls could be redesigned with a patch or two....so why haven't SEGA done it? There is plenty of room for improvement here and it would be a shame to see such a visually spectacular and otherwise well designed game be shrouded by a cloud of mediocrity that is the controls. Do something about it SEGA. 4/10.
  46. Nov 21, 2014
    Now this is an interesting case... It's not bad and it has the great Sonic-feeling like few previous titles but then sometimes level design or controlls brings you back to on Earth - and hardly. It can be extremely frustrating few points like flying segments and using whisps but overall it's okay, I think...
  47. Nov 14, 2014
    If you have the patience to learn exactly how everything works you will find that Sonic Lost World isn't as bad as it seems. The largest complaint I have is that many of the features and controls are not intuitive and are not properly explained. There are way too many sudden deaths that could have been avoided with a better control scheme. Nonetheless, once you figure out on your own howIf you have the patience to learn exactly how everything works you will find that Sonic Lost World isn't as bad as it seems. The largest complaint I have is that many of the features and controls are not intuitive and are not properly explained. There are way too many sudden deaths that could have been avoided with a better control scheme. Nonetheless, once you figure out on your own how to overcome these obstacles, things start to make sense and the game becomes more enjoyable but players shouldn't have to put this much effort into learning how to control, what should be, a simple platformer. Once I became acclimated with the controls I did enjoy my time with the game. The level design was much more fantastical than recent Sonic games, which I appreciated. Expand
  48. Nov 13, 2014
    Sonic Lost World, is it good or bad. Well, Let's review it now!

Sonic Lost World, is it good or bad. Well, Let's review it now!

Story: The story is a bit shallow, a bit bad really. The Deadly Six aren't interesting in the slightest, and all of them is dreadfully one dimensional, with no real character. Each of them can be described in one word. Also, the story tries to make Sonic very unlikable, as he causes all the problems. So the plot is a bit on the messy side.

Gameplay: Gameplay is a bit messy as well. The parkour system was a great idea, but the game does a terrible job on teaching you how to use it. The Homing attack is also a complete mess. It locks on to multiple targets at once, by it self, which would be ok, if it wasn't broken. Sometime it will lock on enemies when it feels like it, or lock on to enemies, to randomly stop. It doesn't happen often, but its still a mess. Also, the wisp are back, for no reason, and most of them are bad! The levels are flat as well, and seems more like a Mario game then a sonic. There are no slopes and hills, so the levels are not as fun. Many levels also have gimmicky, as you will be doing many random things, like pushing fruit into blenders, becoming a snow ball for a rolling type level, flying in the sky, with painful controls, and none of them are fun in the slightest. The bosses are a joke! All of them, even the final boss, can be beaten in less than a minute, and are just poorly made.

Graphics: The graphics are great, all the levels pop out with this games sweet graphics. Could it be better, yes, but graphic doesn't make a game.

Music: The music is very catchy and cool. What do you expect!

Problems: For one, the plot is a bit shallow, and dull. The gameplay felt like a bootlegged Mario games, with levels built for Mario, but played with Sonic, and it doesn't fit! The game is also very short, with 4-6 levels per world and 8 worlds to explore in, so around 40 levels are in this game. Its not worth the money.

Overall: Sonic Lost World is a very mediocre with some enjoyment here and there, but it barely teaches you the new controls, have only decent at best levels, and seems lazily made.
  49. Nov 11, 2014
    Now beating a dead horse until his bones are reduced to sand particles, the Sonic team attempted to clone Super Mario Galaxy...without the fun.

If we had to quickly mention the good points of the game, it'd be the artistic design of the environment, and some of the power ups that are a bit interesting to use. The bad points? Well, everything else. The controls aren't very intuitive

The bad points? Well, everything else. The controls aren't very intuitive or make much sense sometimes, half the power ups are not fun to use, the level design in the non straight-forward levels is an utter mess, the gameplay just doesn't go accordingly to Sonic (tight platforming with a character who's supposed to run at tremendous speed, anyone else sees the problem?), and overall just not fun at all.

In short : Sonic Team once again made a game that was not fit for their mascot and ridiculed him further again. They keep trying too hard on originality, but that just didn't work. I barely recommend to even glance at this game in the game stores.
  50. Nov 9, 2014
    Sonic Lost World is a hard game to review, but darn it I am gonna try!

Sonic Lost World is a hard game to review, but darn it I am gonna try!

Story: The story revolves around Sonic and Tails chasing Eggman once again, and discovering the "Lost Hex". New villains are introduced, but near end game nothing really comes of anything. What happened to the main villains of the game? What is Lost Hex? These questions aren't ever really answered in this game. Combined with cutscenes that are pretty bad (I hate being hard on them, but they really aren't that good) and you have a story that is pretty forgettable (Albeit not offensive, looking at you Shadow and 06).

Graphics: This game looks GREAT! It is super colorful and clean looking. With so many different environments the game really pops with attitude and excitement! I really do hope more Sonic games can be this colorful! The game runs at 60FPS and it really shows, gone are the days of 30FPS from Sonic Unleashed and Generations. With the higher FPS the game feels like it runs faster and plays more responsive than the other games. I really hope all these new Sonic games being made stay in the 60FPS domain.

Sound: As always, Sega does not disappoint with this marvelous soundtrack. I would recommend looking up the soundtrack so you can see how amazing it is. Sounds from the game are also very nice. Sonic's homing attack and spin dash sound very nice in action, and enemies getting destroyed really feel like they are getting destroyed. Sega is doing a very good job in the sound department.

Gameplay: This is one of the hardest aspects in the game to talk about. Sonic's controls have been completely revamped. Gone are the days of boosting in Unleashed, Colors, and Generations. Sonic has been slown down and given a new parkour mechanic to work with. This all sounds great, and it is. The problem here is that gameplay is stretched really thin in this game.

The main levels are a blast and having Sonic doing the new parkour while going through impressively designed cylindrical levels. It is a blast, but there are a few problems here.

1. The game doesn't really tell you how to work the new controls, it's up to you, the player, to figure everything out.

2. The game throws in the color powers from Sonic Colors, and it just doesn't work in this game. They just are not fun to use, even with the new patch letting you use the analog stick to control them. You can avoid them for the most part, but sometimes you have to use one in order to progress.

Then, when not in the main levels, you have to do these weird mini game type acts that are just tedious. Sonic floating in the air? Sonic trapped in a snow ball? It's all lame, and a bore to play. There is also a lock on the levels until you rescue so many animals, but they are so easy to collect it's hard to imagine why the lock is there in the first place.

So, the game is really good sometimes, but really boring at others.

Replay Value: Really depends on if you want to go back and S rank all the time trials, and get all the red star rings to get the chaos emeralds. So, there is plenty to do that is fun the in the repeatability aspect, but it will not keep you busy for days on end.

The game is good, but it does have it's fair share of flaws. If you can look past them, there is an amazing game to be played and experimented with. If you don't want to do a some boring missions to get to the good ones, and you don't want to experiment with how to play the game, then you probably won't enjoy this one.
  51. Nov 1, 2014
    No one can agree on what crafts the perfect Sonic game, but let me get this straight. Sonic Lost World is a step in the right direction with poor execution, bringing in new ideas with sloppy performance. It isn't broken, just trying to be unique like Super Mario Galaxy (which is extremely hard to accomplish). On to the game itself, Sonic controls like a beauty ONCE you get use to theNo one can agree on what crafts the perfect Sonic game, but let me get this straight. Sonic Lost World is a step in the right direction with poor execution, bringing in new ideas with sloppy performance. It isn't broken, just trying to be unique like Super Mario Galaxy (which is extremely hard to accomplish). On to the game itself, Sonic controls like a beauty ONCE you get use to the control scheme. This game is also pretty; colors pop, character designs remain smooth-looking, and the frame rate succeeds, locked at 60 FPS with rare drops. Even the new music is catchy; sometimes I replay levels just to hear the tunes over and over again! As for the content offered, Sonic Lost World takes a beating. It isn't a long game, online multiplayer races is absent, there are no Chao Gardens, and there are ZERO Special Stages. It's tough to take all of this in, because the game is in desperate need of more DLC. All in all, Sonic tries to match the plumber's critical success, and while it doesn't fail like Eggman's plans, the Blue Blur sure did try his best. Let's hope for DLC...Or Sonic Lost World 2! Expand
  52. Oct 17, 2014
    Alright here is an interesting little mess in the Sonic franchise. When I first heard of this game I really didn't know what to make of it and frankly its still very confusing to me. The story in this game is almost unbearable to witness but here it is. Sonic and Tails are pursuing Eggman and his two robot cronies in an attempt to get back a capsule of animals that he had stolen. In aAlright here is an interesting little mess in the Sonic franchise. When I first heard of this game I really didn't know what to make of it and frankly its still very confusing to me. The story in this game is almost unbearable to witness but here it is. Sonic and Tails are pursuing Eggman and his two robot cronies in an attempt to get back a capsule of animals that he had stolen. In a desperate attempt to save the creatures, Eggman damages the Tornado (Tails' plane) and forces the duo to land on a mysterious planet/floating isle called the "Lost Hex". It's a very interesting looking place to say the least and the opening scene is unsurprisingly incredible for the beginning of the game. Unfortunately, unlike Little Planet, the Lost Hex is given no narrative about itself at all and is merely.....a place. At least in Sonic CD gave a little backstory about Sonic going to visit Little Planet in the place where it only appears once every year and that it was rather mysterious in nature. Here is not the case and is never questioned by Sonic and Tails. Anyways the Lost Hex is home to the Deadly Six, easily the most boring and mundane villains I have ever seen in a Sonic game. They hardly have any personality and while they can be funny at times, I find them completely uninteresting. The cutscenes in this game are also pathetic I must say and while I'm at it I will confess my complete distaste for the tone SEGA has been making these Sonic games these days. Recently since Colors, SEGA gave Sonic and many of his friends new voice actors and gave Roger Craig Smith the new role for the blue blur, who he has had for the past 4 years. I really despise Sonic's voice as it really doesn't sound how I imagined him to be. In previous titles (even Colors to an extent), Sonic was rad, cool, a hero willing to do anything it took to save the world and look cool doing it (but not showing off too much). Here, Sonic is seriously dumbed down to an Adventure Time style character who jokes about everything all the time and really fails at it most of the time. Really I can't believe the lines I hear Sonic say sometimes like when one of the crazy Zeti's announcing he's about to kick Sonic, with Sonic retorting "Oh I know just where to kick YOU"! The delivery is off with Sonic's lines and the script isn't helping anything, but your hearing this from someone who was spoiled with the Adventure games and Unleashed. Moving on, Eggman loses control of the Deadly Six with the help of Sonic thoughtlessly destroying the device keeping them under his control, and the two teams end up having to team up to survive the Six and save their home world down below. Now after some painfully simplistic dialogues and a very bipolar Tails who can't decide if he hates Sonic or not (they're arguing over Eggman joining or something idk it really comes out of nowhere), Tails gets kidnapped in the 5th World much to the fault of Sonic and it's really bogus to me what happens next. The game is ending, the planet is in a crisis with Sonic's friends getting hurt in the process down below, and Tails is about to be transformed into a robot by the Six. What bothers me here is how they make Tails COMPLETELY helpless. Did he FORGET that he could run as fast as Sonic?! Tail's is Sonic's sidekick! Why has SEGA been ruining Tails by just making him a techy and a pilot for the Tornado whenever Sonic needs one?! This has been bothering me increasingly since Unleashed and I think their is no reason for it. Anyways a lot of boring stuff happens later. Eggman "dies", Sonic is all alone, and the Six turn a very dumb looking robot Tails on Sonic, only to be given the turnaround almost immediately (how Tails kept himself from being roboticized I'll never know) with Sonic giving the chase once more. The Six are defeated only to.....disappear and Eggman reappears in his clone mech to the final boss in Sonic Colors and is quickly defeated, with power once again returning to the planet (their was a power sucking machine I forgot to mention but there you go). Okay the gameplay is okay...but that's just it, it's a convoluted mess, with confusing spherical world design that I don't like, a parkour system that's only fun SOMETIMES, and inconsistent level design that becomes UNBEARABLE later in the game. This game has the worst level design since Sonic 06 (yeah I said it). The music still good though but has some annoying tunes I don't care for (like the main theme). Also I feel like this level design makes Sonic look like he's trying to copy Mario Galaxy which does fit well with Sonic. Also the bosses are pathetically easy and boring as heck too. The speed is very inconsistent too with the game switching between 3d and 2d views. The 3d is good but the 2d brings Sonic to a slow down that regresses the player's inertia. Also the introduction of a run button is not a good choice imo. The game really just feels bland and was not really designed well. All in all I would not recommend his one. Expand
  53. Oct 10, 2014
    Had this been the first ever 3d Sonic game to come out it would have been a revelation. This certainly feels the most like a classic Genesis Sonic game was translated to a 3d environment, much more so then any of the other attempts at this, but therein lies the problem.

You see, there has been other 3d Sonic games; and while they've suffered from some harsh criticism, I've enjoyed most of them (with some exceptions). And what I enjoyed most is how they explored the different things you could do with a speed based character in a 3d enviroment, things you couldn't do with 2d; and, although, some of those experiments didn't produce the greatest results I always got the feeling that they were cultivating a formula with each game being a bit better then the last (with some exceptions); but with this game they've achieved this more classic approach to Sonic through a method of subtraction. This may not necessarily be a bad thing, but in some areas it's very frustrating.

Now I'm not just upset that we're not getting another Generations or Unleashed, I was sure of that from the trailers before I bought this. I did enjoy the Super Speed approach to Generations and Unleashed though, with the fun of the game coming from level memorization, the reward being getting through the whole level without letting go of the boost button, but I know that's a very limited style of game play and doesn't appeal to everyone, and it would get tired fast if a whole franchise were built around those mechanics. But even coming off of Colors or Secret Rings the capabilities of the eponymous Hedgehog in this title are severely limited. Just some examples, if I covered everything we'd be here all day: Sonic can no longer increase or decrease speed while grinding, he also can't quick switch rails; there's no slide ability; no ring dash; Sonic can still execute a stomp, of sorts, but when and where you can execute it is a bit strange, like, you can't execute it coming off a rail (which would have been useful) and you can't execute it coming off of springs...Anyway, just a few examples here.

There are some added features, however; I guess in an attempt to supplement all that they took out: there's now a wall run, a kick attack, multiple lock ons, and they brought back the spin attack, I guess in an attempt to make it more like classic Sonic. But the thing is, these new features weren't implemented well. The wall run doesn't add anything, it's useless, anytime you use it a simple wall jump could suffice just fine. The kick is an interesting idea, it adds a bit more variety to combat so it's not just lock on and press jump twice everytime, it reminds me a bit of Sonic Heroes, but it's not as well implemented: in Heroes it's very clear what enemies can and can not be hurt with a lock on jump, they'd have a shield or an electric bubble or something, here it's trial and error; you jump into an enemy, lose your rings, and then you know you have to kick that enemy first. The multiple lock-on is another good idea, that could add variety to combat, but it's so hard to control: locking on to a single enemy multiple times does extra damage, but you initiate this by getting close to the enemy and waiting for the lock on's to activate, but, by the time they do, another enemy may have come into view, and jumping into position to hit the first enemy may switch the lock on to this new enemy, it's very frustrating. And then there's the spin dash, which is completely useless; there's a reason it was taken out of most 3d sonic games, it's just a wasted button; it can hurt some enemies, but the times it will hurt enemies or the enemies will hurt you while using it seems to be completely random, on a side note, it's the same thing with the standard jump attack, you know, without locking on. Sometimes just jumping on an enemies head will take them out just fine, and sometimes it doesn't; added to this frustration, alot of the enemies that appear in this game are ripped directly from classic Sonic games, and I remember those games, I remember I could just spin dash through them or jump on their head and take them out, but in this game you gotta kick first, or you just can't kill them at all (like the tree monkeys); so, what? Did Sonic just get weaker over time?

This isn't a bad game, I don't want to give that impression; it's extremely fun, and they did a lot of things right! Like, it's all Sonic levels, no Tails in a mech or Werehog **** and, just in general, no filler levels; The Wisp powers are integrated into a lot of boss battles (something, very much, lacking in Colors); and, shockingly, the Red Rings actually do something in this game! Instead of just netting you a trophy. But being such a long time fan of the series, I can't help but feel they threw the baby out with the bath water a bit with this one.

Last complaint: DON'T MAKE ME BEAT THE GAME TO UNLOCK HARD! Have that **** available at game start, normal's sooooo easy in this game
  54. Sep 16, 2014
    At worst, it is a mediocre, slow Sonic game. At best, it is a relaxing and fun experience of running (at a moderate pace) through levels. The game definitely takes some warming up to; the first time I played I abandoned the game halfway through due to frustration. The second time, I played fresh from the beginning and enjoyed it a good bit. The games departure from boost mechanics are aAt worst, it is a mediocre, slow Sonic game. At best, it is a relaxing and fun experience of running (at a moderate pace) through levels. The game definitely takes some warming up to; the first time I played I abandoned the game halfway through due to frustration. The second time, I played fresh from the beginning and enjoyed it a good bit. The games departure from boost mechanics are a nice touch as it allows you to see what you are doing, but Sonic Team made the unfortunate mistake of horribly underclocking Sonic's speed in this installment. The parkour mechanics are usually either are aneurism-inducing to attempt or just plain useless 95% of the time. This game is definitely a mixed bag and a large portion of people will not enjoy it. Expand
  55. Aug 22, 2014
    This Game is overall just meh to me i liked the story and the deadly 6 were mostly likeable (cough zeena cough) the controls could be better the parkor works but is quite annoying and i freaking love the legend of zelda stage but there is 1 main problem the "unique" level design it SUCKS!!!!! i like windy hill and the beach zone but the others SUCK!
  56. Aug 1, 2014
    I heard this game back at of Spring 2013, I went to my mind and said "Wow, this is not a creative Sonic title".
    I give it, 5 - 10 for chucky graphics and awkward cutscenes.
  57. Jun 25, 2014
    Sonic Lost World is an interesting idea for a Sonic game. Though in the 3DS version the objective is to get to the Goal as fast as you can, while the WiiU version. It is a mixed kind of game, some people hate some people like it. I did miss the speed that Sonic had over the years, but it seems that Sega wanted to try something different, like Nintendo changing the way Mario's game styleSonic Lost World is an interesting idea for a Sonic game. Though in the 3DS version the objective is to get to the Goal as fast as you can, while the WiiU version. It is a mixed kind of game, some people hate some people like it. I did miss the speed that Sonic had over the years, but it seems that Sega wanted to try something different, like Nintendo changing the way Mario's game style into a standard platform, into party games, kart racing, sports, traveling the galaxy, being playable in a RPG style gameplay. Sega also tried that idea like Sega All Star Racing, Sonic Chronicles that is RPG style, tried a party game which is not as good as Mario Party. Then Sega would try to think out of the box of 3D platforming for Sonic. Sonic Lost World having similar styles like Super Mario Galaxy, however the objective is much different. I have to say though the soundtrack is quite impressive. Expand
  58. Jun 24, 2014
    Sonic Lost World, like any game, has its strengths and its weaknesses. Its main strength is very easy to identify, as from the moment it loads the first time, you will be drawn in by its stunning visuals and gorgeous level designs. But as it starts to grip you, it slips quickly through your fingers, leaving you cold to experiencing the daft, clunky controls that everyone despises so much.Sonic Lost World, like any game, has its strengths and its weaknesses. Its main strength is very easy to identify, as from the moment it loads the first time, you will be drawn in by its stunning visuals and gorgeous level designs. But as it starts to grip you, it slips quickly through your fingers, leaving you cold to experiencing the daft, clunky controls that everyone despises so much. Because the controls are so lackluster, Sonic Lost World is made that much more frustrating -- that much more disappointing -- that it's an absolute shame it wasn't taken better care of. As a gamer, I am always going to be attracted by great visuals, but that won't ever be enough to hold me. Silky controls are an absolute necessity, especially when playing as a character as wild as Sonic. Granted, some of Sonic Lost World's stages are absolutely brilliant, highly reminiscent of Super Mario Galaxy -- a game that I am particularly fond of. The great stages don't control any better than the mediocre ones, but the hazards involved are not nearly as frustrating to overcome. The stages that require fine movements are awful to play, as Sonic is very much a two-gear fellow; he either isn't moving much or moving really fast. Wide open areas played much better, such as in the The Legend of Zelda DLC, which I found to be awesome. Even the Yoshi's Island DLC was great because it didn't require tiny fiddly movements. On the other end of the spectrum, the boss battles were so astoundingly bad. Sonic's homing attack is pitiful, and as a result you're forced to put him in way more danger than you'd like. Overall, Sonic Lost World is a very challenging game, but for all the wrong reasons. If you're a die-hard Sonic fan, you'll enjoy this game without question. However, it's not one of the Hedgehog's better outings. That's an absolute certainty. Expand
  59. Jun 12, 2014
    An average game that honestly disappoints. This game is actually the reason I saved up and bought a Wii U in the first place. The story is bare bones and isn't very fun to listen too. The gameplay however is a mixed bag. I like the exploration, I like the sense of speed, but the parkour never works for me. Maybe I'm running on the wrong side of the wall or something, I don't know. But fromAn average game that honestly disappoints. This game is actually the reason I saved up and bought a Wii U in the first place. The story is bare bones and isn't very fun to listen too. The gameplay however is a mixed bag. I like the exploration, I like the sense of speed, but the parkour never works for me. Maybe I'm running on the wrong side of the wall or something, I don't know. But from someone who got this game launch day, I'd say approach with caution. Expand
  60. Jun 11, 2014
    This is a port of Sonic '06 for Wii U, It is, For starters, You call this HD? SA2B Looks better than this! Secondly while it is possible to pull off insane speeds it is way too hard and it is nowhere near the speeds Sonic has reached on other platforms, The game has great mechanics with the free running and around enough ideas to fill 10.2 levels, The game has a major bug where the homingThis is a port of Sonic '06 for Wii U, It is, For starters, You call this HD? SA2B Looks better than this! Secondly while it is possible to pull off insane speeds it is way too hard and it is nowhere near the speeds Sonic has reached on other platforms, The game has great mechanics with the free running and around enough ideas to fill 10.2 levels, The game has a major bug where the homing attack sometimes refuses to work which is a huge problem with the last 3 bosses,

The only redeeming features is the LOZ DLC, which is what this game could of been, Fun. and the multiplayer, its a 1v1 race to the finish line, So if you hate someone who is a sonic fan you can play this with them.

I always hear how "Sonic is dead" But i just imagine each bad game just giving him a injury which will eventually kill him, Sonic '06 Broke his left leg, the Sonic games on the Wii chopped off said leg, Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic Unleashed broke his arms, And Sonic Lost World chopped off his right leg, leaving him a quadruple amputee, And that new fangled Sonic Boom thing will just get it over with and shoot him already.
  61. Jun 9, 2014
    So this usless peice of **** video game i dont know where to get started. Matter of fact ill only say one thing. If you want to be sent to a mental hospital this game is for you. Just in case you was wondering what that would be like play outlast in real life
  62. Jun 4, 2014
    I'm very surprised to find that this game scored so low. In my opinion it is one of the best sonic games of all time. The controls are tight and visually it is great. The coop could be better though, but as far as playing through single player it is great, the switching between 3d and 2d modes is cool(kind of like Sonic Generations but better) If you own a Wii U and love that sonic speed,I'm very surprised to find that this game scored so low. In my opinion it is one of the best sonic games of all time. The controls are tight and visually it is great. The coop could be better though, but as far as playing through single player it is great, the switching between 3d and 2d modes is cool(kind of like Sonic Generations but better) If you own a Wii U and love that sonic speed, give this one a try, it's very good. On a side note get the Yoshi DLC, it's short but looks amazing. Expand
  63. May 31, 2014
    When i look at the other reiews, I feel like people are underating this game. But it's actually a pretty good game. yeah i know it has weird controlls but i got used to it. and it has a weird 3-D crap. but it has a good storyline, new characters, and some pretty neat stuff such as some awesome kick-ass moves and colors. but i can't beileve the score on this game i feel like it's soWhen i look at the other reiews, I feel like people are underating this game. But it's actually a pretty good game. yeah i know it has weird controlls but i got used to it. and it has a weird 3-D crap. but it has a good storyline, new characters, and some pretty neat stuff such as some awesome kick-ass moves and colors. but i can't beileve the score on this game i feel like it's so underated. but it's still a pretty good game which takes advantage of the Wii U Expand
  64. May 22, 2014
    Sonic Lost World is a game that shows just how important the fluidity of controls are to any experience. First I'll start with the positives. Right off the bat you can tell that the game is absolutely gorgeous. Honestly the visuals in this game are very impressive and I'm surprised that more people have not praised it for it's impressive art style (which is a tasteful nod to the GenesisSonic Lost World is a game that shows just how important the fluidity of controls are to any experience. First I'll start with the positives. Right off the bat you can tell that the game is absolutely gorgeous. Honestly the visuals in this game are very impressive and I'm surprised that more people have not praised it for it's impressive art style (which is a tasteful nod to the Genesis era Sonic we all love) and high graphical fidelity.

Next the sound is also very well done. The music is catchy and sounds like it belongs in a Sonic game. The story is fresh and the new characters, while at times silly, are ultimately a plus. It's fun to play against someone other than Robotnik, err Eggman, as Sonic. I welcomed their presence. Also the game is focused entirely on Sonic, which is a great positive.

The content in the game is also pretty extensive. Each level has red rings which of course leads to the Chaos Emeralds and there's also a co-op mode and time trials along with online leaderboards. I also love the Yoshi and Zelda DLC as they feel like they were put together using a lot of effort and charm. Overall the amount of content is pretty good.

Now it comes time for me to mention the gameplay. Firstly I would like to say that I found the level variety to be very enjoyable and added to the experience. There are several different types of levels (ranging from both 2D and 3D) that keep the game fresh throughout. Another positive is the new moves that were added to the gameplay. The wall jumping/running is a welcome addition. But that is where things turn sour.

Unfortunately for Sonic Lost World it has a very...clunky feel to it. And clunky just doesn't work with video games. In fact I would go as far to say that if anything should be as far from clunky as possible, it's Sonic. I just don't feel nearly as fluid as I had while playing other Sonic games. Of course there is a learning curve and you can learn to adjust, but it still isn't at the level of past Sonic titles (but better than Secret Rings). Sonic loses momentum very easily and seems to be very touchy while doing a lot of his moves. The double jump is sporadic and can often screw up any wall jumping or running leading to cheap deaths. There's nothing I hate more than cheapness. Overall the gameplay just feels a bit....off.

In the end I really want to love Sonic Lost World. I am willing to go as far as to say that if the gameplay was more fluid that it would be the best Sonic game since Sonic 3. Everything is superb except for those controls, which aren't awful, but a bit frustrating. If you're a die hard Sonic fan, pick it up. If not, it's probably not for you.
  65. May 20, 2014
    First of all, nice gameplay! You did a great Job innovating this idea of gameplay into the gaming world. The whole point and basic Idea was good, and the storyline was just as good! It was a great game with some innovative gameplay and great music and character description! I'll give a 10/10 for the innovation and gameplay as well as music and scenery! But there was one problem however,First of all, nice gameplay! You did a great Job innovating this idea of gameplay into the gaming world. The whole point and basic Idea was good, and the storyline was just as good! It was a great game with some innovative gameplay and great music and character description! I'll give a 10/10 for the innovation and gameplay as well as music and scenery! But there was one problem however, this was not a game for such a poor system as the Wii U! It would make more sense on next-gen consoles and PC than such a mess of a system! SEGA seems to be saving the WII U somewhat by giving it a chance to perform mediocre gameplay. The game, was amazing and well deserved a 10/10. The console the game was exclusive to, a mess. Good job on making a decent game on a crap system SEGA. I never thought anyone could pull that one off! I'll be relieved when Sonic moves over to the PS4 and XB1 as well as PC! That, will make him successful once more. Expand
  66. May 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While it's not the game I expected to be, Sonic Lost World is a decent entry to the Sonic series. Yeah, the parkour system are pretty bad, the controls are floaty at times, the boss battles are just embarassing, the special stages are awfully hard, difficulty spikes are infuriating, story mode are short, and uninspired level themes and designs.

Besides all of that, you all need to give this game a chance. It's a fun game and worth the buy
  67. Apr 26, 2014
    che cosa solo un voto nella media a questa sonic che devasta letteralmente gli altri prequel in 3d che era tra l'anonimi ( sonic adventure dx , sonic unleashed) oppure giochi buoni ( sonic heroes , sonic colors) questo titolo stramerita i vostri soldi
  68. Apr 23, 2014
    The problem with Sonic Lost World is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. It mixes in many different gameplay styles, some that don't work at all. Sadly the wisp power-ups, one of the great features in Sonic Colors, are one of the biggest pase brakers. The characters interactions are charming enough, and the game is very colorful. Over all this is not the worst Sonic game, but it'sThe problem with Sonic Lost World is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. It mixes in many different gameplay styles, some that don't work at all. Sadly the wisp power-ups, one of the great features in Sonic Colors, are one of the biggest pase brakers. The characters interactions are charming enough, and the game is very colorful. Over all this is not the worst Sonic game, but it's not one of the better ones either. Over all I'd put Sonic Lost World a step below Sonic Unleashed. They have the same set back, in that they show new ways to play a Sonic game. However Sonic Unleashed was more sure of what it wanted to do, where Lost World feels like it can't make up it's mind. Expand
  69. Mar 28, 2014
    If only the DLC of Zelda and Yoshi could of been the main theme worlds of the whole game. Serious I would buy this again if this was how they made a Sonic game. As the main game stands... its okay/bad. Game play is everything I don't like and come to expect. Buy this if you wanted to see a Zelda and Sonic game level or love Sonic colors that much.

So yea... Conflicted gets a 7 game

So yea... Conflicted gets a 7 game overall but people will be happy once they get to the DLC levels ....
  70. Mar 27, 2014
    This Sonic game has good graphics. Sonic is unfortunately a little to slow in this game. The music is not the greatest but there are a few good songs, like The Deadly Six Theme, Desert Ruins, Lava Mountain and colour power Yellow Drill sound. There should have been a feature to watch cutscenes after you watched them already. This game is fun but could have been better.
  71. Mar 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sonic Lost World is all about one thing: variety. Whether or not you like the game, you cannot deny that there is a multitude of different activities in each world. In the first world alone, you're in a Mario Galaxy-esque stage, to be followed by a classic 2D Sonic the Hedgehog. Following this, you're in a circular mind-shaft - and then there's a boss - and that's just World 1! There is a lot you can do in this game, but this also means that there's a huge variety in scores offered.
    I liked everything the levels offered, and was willing to play them again just so I could get the red rings. However, I know many that weren't keen on some of the different level designs and this put them off the game. For them it was almost bipolar - one minute they were playing their new favorite level, only to be followed by their worst.

In short, if you want an original Sonic experience - where you get to do a lot of different stuff- then this is the game for you. If you want a classic Sonic experience - running around at the speed of sound in 2D or 3D environments then you should avoid the game.

Personally, I loved the game but I feel that there could have been more, and I'm still confused at why, after spending so much time perfecting the 3D stages in Sonic Generations (and the critical acclaim the Daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed obtained), they would completely revamp the 3D sections of the game to something completely different. This didn't change my opinion on the game, as I still loved it - but I can understand why people wouldn't.
  72. Mar 22, 2014
    I wonder why people hate this game. I mean it's not perfect but it's not bad but I do happen to know who this game is for: If you like the classic sonic games where you earn your speed (like remembering the level design like how the genesis games worked), you want a little difficulty in your sonic game (this game is harder than most but now that a patch has released you should be showeredI wonder why people hate this game. I mean it's not perfect but it's not bad but I do happen to know who this game is for: If you like the classic sonic games where you earn your speed (like remembering the level design like how the genesis games worked), you want a little difficulty in your sonic game (this game is harder than most but now that a patch has released you should be showered with lives), If you have the patience to read the instruction manual (this game has a slight learning curve when it comes to getting used to the controls but trust me when you get used to them the controls are really good), and the final and most important thing you've got to remember this game is nothing like generations but more like the genesis games. Also you got to give it a chance if it frustrates you try again later because there is a lot of good in this game but you have got to understand some of these things. Expand
  73. Mar 21, 2014
    Sonic Lost World is a very fun game. A huge problem with the game on your first playthrough is that the game does a terrible job explaining you the mechanics. Some stuff I didn't even know you could do until just recently. But once you get used to the controls and the parkour mechanic you're good to go. There are a few levels that can be annoying, and some levels do feel a bit gimmickySonic Lost World is a very fun game. A huge problem with the game on your first playthrough is that the game does a terrible job explaining you the mechanics. Some stuff I didn't even know you could do until just recently. But once you get used to the controls and the parkour mechanic you're good to go. There are a few levels that can be annoying, and some levels do feel a bit gimmicky (take a look at Frozen Factory act 2 for example) But there are too many fun levels that overshadow these parts of the game. This game is actually one of the more difficult Sonic games, you might end up getting a couple of game overs on your first playthrough. But none of the deaths made me call the game cheap, or made me rage quit. The grinding levels get heavily criticized for being cheap, although those levels are exactly like the minecart levels in Donkey Kong Country Returns, except in returns everything kills you in 1 hit, but apparently people love those... Anyway, this game is definitely worth it in my opinion, but I know this game is very mixed so perhaps try getting it used or at a cheap price. Expand
  74. Mar 6, 2014
    Sonic lost world for the Wii u is a blast to play. I have never had any issues with the controls, the new layout for them feels very natural the game is a lot of fun to play, the graphics are amazing and music is great. Sonic lost world for Wii u is a great purchase and i recommend it for every wii u owners and fans of platformers just, be prepared for the difficulty 8.5/10
  75. Mar 6, 2014
    Sonic Lost World to me is good game and my Second favorite sonic game.
    The story is ok not dark or nothing it's ok the humor is really funny and for the deadly six.......ehhhhhh I don't no they ok but not mind blowing or anything. The gameplay is different from previous sonic games you can choose to make sonic run really fast or make sonic walk
    Alot of people say it's like Mario galaxy
    Sonic Lost World to me is good game and my Second favorite sonic game.
    Alot of people say it's like Mario galaxy and I actually see it now.
    The game is not bad like glitches everywhere and stuff it's a playable game. Give it a try and see if u like it or not.
  76. Feb 5, 2014
    Just to start this off, the game is good. Not great nor bad, just good. It passes just above decent. Though I'm sure you're wondering why. That is why I'm typing this down.

Now what most of us expect in a Sonic game is being able to run fast. Well, how fast you move in this game has been taken down a bit. And it takes the Rayman Origins/Legends approach and has you hold down one of the Z buttons in order to start running. Which I suppose is actually needed, considering that there is a lot of platforming in this game, so running all the time would prove to be incredibly annoying.

Some of levels can get pretty frustrating. This is mostly because of how some of them are designed. Most times, it's hard to tell where you're supposed to go, as one of the snow levels causes you go around in circles for what seems like an eternity. This level just proves how bad some of the designs are. Of course, not all levels are like that. In short, levels range from being straight-forward and easy to 'holy crap, where the hell do I go?'.

The bosses are really easy...like, really easy. I'm sure most have noticed that the difficulty for the bosses seems a bit too easy. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a bit better at games than I used to be, but I honestly think these bosses are too easy. You may only die a few times trying to figure out how to dodge some of their attacks, but once you get down when to hit them, the fight is over in just a few minutes. Not that I'm saying that the fights should be longer, but just a bit more challenging.

Just the one thing that bothers me more than anything else in this game. When you die way too many times on a level, the game will give you this little capsule that has a wing in it. What happens when you touch it? It sends you to the end of the level. I really hate this kind of hand holding. Even New Super Mario Brothers 2 did something similar, but with the gold tanuki power up, which makes you invincible to all enemy damage and have unlimited flight. Only with this game, the power up just immediately ends the level for you. I understand most people would like to get to the end of the level, but what point is it when it's just handed to you? It doesn't make the game fun, it makes boring. What point would there be in beating the level when all I have to do is die a few times and the level will just be like "Oh hey, you just wanna beat the game now?". This feature I cannot ignore.
  77. Feb 4, 2014
    The only reason this game suffers is because of the level access. You have to have freed a certain amount of animals to unlock the latter levels which becomes an issue around World 4. It takes away from what Sonic games embody which is speed. On the positive side, it does allow you to go back to favored levels, but it's unnecessary to say the least. Other than that, I have no idea why thisThe only reason this game suffers is because of the level access. You have to have freed a certain amount of animals to unlock the latter levels which becomes an issue around World 4. It takes away from what Sonic games embody which is speed. On the positive side, it does allow you to go back to favored levels, but it's unnecessary to say the least. Other than that, I have no idea why this game received such bad reviews. It's not only a good game, but it's a lot of fun. I think if it wasn't a Sonic game it would've done better. If Sonic 2 on Genesis wouldn't have been one of the greatest games ever made, we wouldn't expect so much from him. Expand
  78. Jan 26, 2014
    HOW can anyone give this game a 10 review? I mean were we playing the same game? The execution of the game design is HORRIBLE! I mean simple things are just over complicated. This Mario Galaxy clone has beautiful graphics but it doesn't matter if the game is so stupidly designed. It's not a hard game because it's challenging it's hard because of the poor game design. Another **** Sonic game.
  79. Jan 19, 2014
    This game, It does I admit have its fair share of fun moments an speedy gameplay(The type you would expect from a Sonic game) but in other times it trys to be something I believe a Sonic game just shouldn't! It adds gameplay features that you may recognize to their similarities to Mario Galaxy(And even Sonic X-Treme) but these gameplay features are just horrid in my eyes when they are usedThis game, It does I admit have its fair share of fun moments an speedy gameplay(The type you would expect from a Sonic game) but in other times it trys to be something I believe a Sonic game just shouldn't! It adds gameplay features that you may recognize to their similarities to Mario Galaxy(And even Sonic X-Treme) but these gameplay features are just horrid in my eyes when they are used the way they are, The controls for me are just awful! I miss the classic controls of the Sonic Adventure series or hell, Even Sonic Unleashed and Generations had the nice controls you would expect a game like this to have but sadly, It doesn't. The homing attack is flawed in this game to say the least, Some of these moves I've never seen in a Sonic game before are just impossible to get used to if you are trying to play this the first time. Another mistake this game made was trying to make Sonic a slow-paced Platformer game, I cannot stress how much I hated the platforming in this game. I went from Generations which I loved the New-Gen Sonics gameplay in that. I presumed that this game wouldn't be that far off , I was wrong. Even when you're running through the level in 3D It's awkward and INCREDIBLY clunky. Another major problem that bothered me was the Deadly Six's voices are so annoying to hear when you're running through the level, It gets to the point where I wanted to rip my ears off when I would keep messing up but have to keep redoing the part of the level and hearing the Bosses annoying voices over and OVER AND OVER! But, I have only been speaking of the bad parts of the game, It has its own(Minuscule) amount of good features, When you get to the speedy parts, You get there. When it comes to the small amount of parts where you can actually go fast, It gets really fun. I also love some of the cinematics..But..That's all the good I can think of. So yeah. I personally think if you want a good Sonic game, Stick with the older ones, Sega just screwed this one up. Bad. Expand
  80. Jan 17, 2014
    A cobbled together confusing mess of ideas that are not properly explained nor executed. What seemed like interesting concepts are much more stripped down and streamlined than they first appeared and the world is left empty and easy to zip past without thinking; never before has Sonic "played itself" so much, which makes it all the more confounding when you are forced to use the game'sA cobbled together confusing mess of ideas that are not properly explained nor executed. What seemed like interesting concepts are much more stripped down and streamlined than they first appeared and the world is left empty and easy to zip past without thinking; never before has Sonic "played itself" so much, which makes it all the more confounding when you are forced to use the game's failed "parkour" system. Expand
  81. Jan 11, 2014
    Sonic lost worlds has its very strong points and allot of negative. People didn't expect this type of a sonic game coming out because its a lot like Mario galaxy but that's were people get mad because its not as good as super Mario galaxy. the concept is the same but once u feel the controls its nothing like Mario galaxy. the positives are: this is as tight and the best sonic has everSonic lost worlds has its very strong points and allot of negative. People didn't expect this type of a sonic game coming out because its a lot like Mario galaxy but that's were people get mad because its not as good as super Mario galaxy. the concept is the same but once u feel the controls its nothing like Mario galaxy. the positives are: this is as tight and the best sonic has ever controlled. you have more control into sonic's turning and controls compared to ever before. sure hes slower but that's the beauty of it. I'm a sonic adventure 2 guy so i like super speed but this game is like its own play style. nothing like anybody has ever seen from sonic and it controls well and the general amount of the levels are fun and enjoyable. the music is decent and its a good game. Negatives: for some people it is too slow ironically. the storyline is plain and boring but all of the 2d sonic games weren't very good either because it was all about game-play so focus on the game-play for this game. Negative is that they introduce you to the controls so poorly stopping you in the middle of your level to tell you which stops the game flow completely. overall a solid good sonic game. But there is allot more they could have done and i feel they went in the wrong direction for the fans stand point Expand
  82. Jan 4, 2014
    I did enjoy the game for a while but after beating Tropical Coast, the game suddenly became frustratingly hard. There are some good things, like i said Windy hill, Desert Ruins, and Tropical Coast all have fun levels, the acting is good, and I do like the deadly six. Then there's the bad stuff, the story felt rushed and unfinished, each world now only has 4 levels which is reallyI did enjoy the game for a while but after beating Tropical Coast, the game suddenly became frustratingly hard. There are some good things, like i said Windy hill, Desert Ruins, and Tropical Coast all have fun levels, the acting is good, and I do like the deadly six. Then there's the bad stuff, the story felt rushed and unfinished, each world now only has 4 levels which is really disappointing, after figuring out how to attack the bosses they become way to easy, I had to figure out some of the controls by experimenting with buttons, and every time I died after Tropical Coast, was because of a cheap death trap. This could have been a great game like Sonic Colors, but someone messed up. Expand
  83. Jan 1, 2014
    lost world is a sonic game that challenges gamers more than any sonic game since the genesis. By doing this it makes some missteps but when it does things right it is an exhilirating game to play. their are chase levels, their are levels were you precisely move from falling platform to falling platform. the tougher levels require speed and you will even have to rotate sonic around thelost world is a sonic game that challenges gamers more than any sonic game since the genesis. By doing this it makes some missteps but when it does things right it is an exhilirating game to play. their are chase levels, their are levels were you precisely move from falling platform to falling platform. the tougher levels require speed and you will even have to rotate sonic around the world to dodge gisnt snowballs and enemies occasionally. this shows that the galaxy formula actually gives sonic greater freedom to roam and its neat when its used. the problem is their should be mandatory movie sequences or something to show that it can be done early on in the game. onto whats irritating, the red rings are inconsistently difficult. one red ring has icicles surrounded it which you have to dodge but then rewards you with rings for attempting it while the next red ring requires careful wall jumping skills which give no room for error. their are also segments which although interesting and creative. jumping on clouds. running toward blender gears so you can be carried by the fruit juices. these segments are fun but their different trom the visceral experience in a typical sonic game. this game is an extremely fun difficult game which reminds me of the original crash bandicoot. I think once fans get a hang of the difficulty theyll love how much precision and speed is behind their actions. Expand
  84. Dec 29, 2013
    A game with so much wasted potential. It looks amazing, with vibrant colors and wonderful backgrounds, with very catchy music. Everything else is just... ugh. The 3D tube like levels are fun, but the other levels are terrible. The 2D sections have sluggish jumping controls, are very slow and generally poorly designed. Very few multiple pathways in them, unlike the well designed 3D ones.A game with so much wasted potential. It looks amazing, with vibrant colors and wonderful backgrounds, with very catchy music. Everything else is just... ugh. The 3D tube like levels are fun, but the other levels are terrible. The 2D sections have sluggish jumping controls, are very slow and generally poorly designed. Very few multiple pathways in them, unlike the well designed 3D ones. The gimmick levels like the flying levels and the snowball levels are horrible, some of them are some of the worst levels I've ever played in a Sonic game. The new parkour system is fun in 3D, but in 2D it will lead to many death due to you climbing up things by accident. The Wisps returning are pointless gamepad gimmicks, not even explained in the story. They all control terribly except for the laser and drill since you don't need to use the gamepad. The story itself has a few plotholes, but it's OK for the most part. The Deadly Six are all very annoying sterotypes, and the only funny lines are from Eggman. The "Deadly" Six are all pathetically easy boss fights which are short and unfun. The game is easy until you get to the last world, which will make you want to throw your gamepad into the wall. Especially if your going after the red rings.... Overall, this game is just a massive disappointment. It could have been good, but it's just meh. Don't buy until it goes down massively, until it drops to about 20 dollars. Even that's pushing it, though. Expand
  85. Dec 27, 2013
    I've grown up with Sonic the Hedgehog. I've been there for the high points as well as the many low points along the path. After hitting a brief wave of decent to good games, it feels like things are beginning to slip again.

The games largest failure is in the games controls. It's not very intuitive and it took me quite awhile to get a grasp of it. Even when I finally mastered the games controls I still found that they would often fail me. Jumping is horrendously inconsistent. In 3-D, your jumps carry a lot of momentum, and once you perform that double jump, there's nothing more you can do. You lose control of Sonic, and I have died many times as a result. Once you reach 2-D, you find that your jumps carry little to no momentum. I kept trying to push the control pad further to get him to budge and it further hindered the experience. Jumping provides this games greatest obstacle, and the changes between 2-D and 3-D jumping make it difficult to gauge movement.

Then there's the parkour system. I love the idea of the parkour system, and in 3-D, it works very well. It took me awhile to master some of the more technical maneuvers, but once I had them, zipping through walls, climbing up ledges, and wall jumping were marvelously thrilling. I would love to see the parkour system return in future games. There is room for improvement though, particularly in 2-D sections. If you're hold the R trigger, Sonic will run up walls whenever you come in contact, and when you hit some narrow passages, it can be a pain to control.

My only other complaint is that the other buttons need to be better utilized. The 4 buttons on the right each share one function with another. It would've been nice to separate the double jump and the homing attack, or even giving a separate parkour button to one of them.

As far as level design, the game is a mixed bag. There are a few enjoyable levels, some mediocre levels, and some terrible levels. Frozen Hill and Silent Forest in particular feature some frustrating level design, and the late game levels feature several frustrating sections as well. Frozen Hill features some of the same level design as Windy Hill, but with ice. Skating along the ice works great and the 2-D ice skating sections were a blast. Jumping seems simple enough, but Sonic will completely follow the momentum of his skating, making it hard to maneuver, sometimes forcing you to stop to perform your regular jumps. Furthermore, when you jump on ice to break it, Sonic flies off the handle once you hit 3 blocks. This created many infuriating deaths as well. Of course, then you're placed in a giant snowball in the second act and forced to roll around along narrow pathways which will almost certainly cause dozens of deaths due to the levels unforgiving nature.

The level design as a whole feels overly ambitious. It expects players to have mastered it's hard to grasp control scheme in such a short while, and then throws everything they've got. It leads to an overall disconnect that makes the later levels of the game unsatisfying.

The bosses were a drag too. They were never difficult, by the battle with Zavok and whatever the girl was names are bad simply because of the failures of the control scheme. Zavok's was a pain due to the fact that the lock-on targeting for the homing attack is spontaneous and often unreliable, and the later because she was the boss of the ice stages.

Good thing the music is great. If it were as annoying as some of the levels, I would've quit, but it seems that the music was it's best during the most annoying parts of the game. Oh well, it's a small treat for a game that's so disappointing. The game's Deadly Six and their dialogue though are embarrassingly horrible. It tries to be dark and childish at the same time. It's disgusting.

The color powers make a return from Sonic Colors. Although I don't care for them in particular, they functioned well enough as I played through them.

Ultimately, this game let me down. I knew it when I watched the trailers that this game would be a flop. The levels are overly ambitious, and expect the player to remain on track with the steep learning curve. Once you do, the difficulty spikes further and some inconsistencies in mechanics will only continue to frustrate. After completing the game though, I've gotten a better grasp of the controls, but the gameplay isn't rewarding enough to forgive this issue. The parkour system is promising though. Sega made a mistake, and it's certainly not as bad as some of there other flops. I only hope to see the parkour system improved for further installments and for Sega to find it's mojo again.
  86. Dec 24, 2013
    Sonic Lost World has been bombarded with a significant amount of negative, low scaling reviews.

I for one do not understand it. Sonic Lost World is a much needed upgrade to the franchise. The level design is the best aspect of game. Each zone offers some unique and different. This game is far from perfect but it appears that all the negative reviews are pushing players away. If

I for one do not understand it.

This game is far from perfect but it appears that all the negative reviews are pushing players away. If you find this game on sale you need to still add it to the library. It still one of the top 5 games on the WII U to play.

I suppose the negative aspects is what is really holding the game back.

---
    Cons Game play. This is a big one. It need's a bit of polishing. You often fine yourself bumping back and forth into walls. It lacks an overall smooth flow to the game. Some areas, secrets just seems a bit of a hassle to discover instead of an accomplishment.

Flow Landing attacks on enemies is easy, but your character loses all it speeds and reset it's running speed. It's quite odd that developers felt like this was the correct way of programming.

---

Pro Level concept. The game still offers great concepts, and beautiful art style. The part that hold it's pack is the actual design which hinders the flow.

A more accurate grading would be high 7.8 to a low 8.0
  87. Dec 23, 2013
    This is how sonic is supposed to be, this game is great. Sonic is treated so unfairly I feel.

You can't make him go super fast and be able to control him in 3D it just doesn't work. The logic of him going that fast doesn't work. So if the devs try to help us control him it isn't interactive enough. If they slow him down so he is able to be controlled he is too slow. I think

So if the devs try to help us control him it isn't interactive enough.

If they slow him down so he is able to be controlled he is too slow.

I think this game is great and 9/10 easy. The story is cheesy and full of lame one liners but I find it charming. Is doesn't need to be some masterpiece of a story. That's not what sonic was supposed to be. This game is pick up and have a good time.

This game is in the colorful fun and imaginative world sonic belongs in. Instead of the modern day world.

He is fast, you can hold a button to run faster and even spin dash.

There is some small bits that are stupid yeah, but that doesn't make the game bad at all. Its just the difficulties of a fast paced 3D game.

This game likes to switch from 3D to 2D and it's a lot of fun. Honestly the tunnel like gameplay is pretty great and is exactly how the games should have turned 3D to begin with. They let you dodge run and go fast, but I especially like the 3D Sidescrolling sections those are a lot of fun.

Also this game is pretty challenging at times and I usually feel like it's MY fault not the games.

Sonic is a bit of a jerk though, I feel like Eggman was nicer in this game than Sonic was.
  88. Dec 16, 2013
    Sonic Lost World is so far, and by far, my favorite platforming and Sonic game.

The controls are tight, but take some time getting used to, as the controls ARE explained fine, but no one usually ever feels like touching the tutorial button as it pauses the game and I don't feel like stopping. Also I feel like critics like IGN or gamespot tried a little bit too hard to make the game
    Sonic Lost World is so far, and by far, my favorite platforming and Sonic game.

Also I feel like critics like IGN or gamespot tried a little bit too hard to make the game look bad, and the only reason this annoys me is because they give some players who want the game the wrong idea, because the game in my opinion, is just aced perfectly. The parkour (which may seem like a "overly hyped idea to some) is possibly my favorite part about the game because of the satisfaction from running up a wall away from what could possibly be a cheap death and again, the parkour takes a little bit of time getting used to, making the game start a little slow, but it only gets better and better the more you get used to the game.

Honestly, there were two flaws in the game that occurred to me, and those were the way the controls were to be explained and surprisingly, the wisps. The wisps didn't really need to be in the game in most parts and only added a small gimmick to do in the game.

Now, to all the people that say that this game "shamelessly rips off super mario galaxy", SONIC LOST WORLD IS NOTHING AT ALL LIKE SUPER MARIO GALAXY. The level design is to the game, but sonic actually started the planetoids and gravity trick idea, especially from a canceled sonic game for SEGA Saturn named Sonic X-treme which looks VERY similar to Sonic Lost World, and a Sonic Adventure 2 stage called "Mad Space". In nutshell, sonic lost world plays nothing at all like mario galaxy, such as some, actually most critics, just slam the game saying that it rips off another game.

As the for the graphics, "non-offensive visuals" (seriously?) doesn't quite describe it's graphics. It's more like "downright sexy" because sonic lost world has 1080p resolution with silky smooth 60 FPS without a single frame drop. Sonic lost world has to be the most beautiful looking games for the Wii U as of now.

The gameplay, as described and hyped about during the making of this game, SONIC IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE FASTEST IN THIS GAME PEOPLE. You can make sonic go fast using the infinite spin dash (which admittedly, is pretty freaking sweet and the best spin dash of all time in a sonic game) to make sonic go very fast and if you've figured out the controls, you can just blaze through the level. The plat forming for me was at its best in sonic lost world as sonic can actually climb up platforms along with the help of the parkour system and the double-jump returning from sonic colors. Yes the game is challenging, all sonic plat forming based games are, and for some reason that's randomly a problem now which really confuses. You will die a lot, but it never came to a point where I found it ridiculous and made me want to stop playing, it actually made me want to keep trying and trying and even if you die too much, you are given a capsule that will transport you to the next checkpoint. But after I got the hang of the game and completed it, I loved this game even more and did not encounter infuriating deaths afterwards.

Sonic Lost World is a really great plat forming game with some minor flaws (to me at least). The parkour was a great and life saving addition to the game that added tons of satisfaction and once you get the hang of the controls and the levels and how sonic works, Sonic lost world has become an addiction.
  89. Dec 12, 2013
    I honestly don't understand why this game would get poor reviews. Sure, the controls take time to get used too, especially if you're used to the Unleashed/Colors/Generations controls, but that doesn't make it a bad game, does it? I personally think Sonic Lost world is a worthy successor to Sonic Colors. It isn't perfect though, the Whisps in this game are useless, and i would of liked someI honestly don't understand why this game would get poor reviews. Sure, the controls take time to get used too, especially if you're used to the Unleashed/Colors/Generations controls, but that doesn't make it a bad game, does it? I personally think Sonic Lost world is a worthy successor to Sonic Colors. It isn't perfect though, the Whisps in this game are useless, and i would of liked some online multi-player like on the 3DS Version, but aside from that, this game is worth buying! Expand
  90. Nov 28, 2013
    I'm someone who had previously written Sonic games off as just plain crap thanks to some bad
    experiences with previous games starring SEGA's blue hedgehog. Out of all the Sonic games I had played, only one of them I enjoyed, and it was deviation from Sonic's platforming roots into the realm of an RPG. Something about Lost World just stuck out to me when I was hearing about it, so I decided to try it despite my reservations with the series. I'm glad I did try it, because this is a great game and the best Sonic platformer I've ever played. It has made me change my opinions about what to expect with a Sonic game.

The presentation is excellent. Graphics are charming, bright, and colorful. The voice acting is great, making the Saturday morning carton style story enjoyable. It's the first time I've not been irritated by the story and characters in a Sonic game since Sonic Chronicles. The soundtrack is nice, but I never really noticed it while I was playing the levels. So Lost World nails it with the presentation, but none of that matters if the gameplay is crap. Thankfully this is the tightest gameplay I've experienced with a Sonic title yet.

It plays out with both 2D and 3D platforming sections. Both present a fun gameplay and a nice challenge. The controls are tight and responsive, but wall running in the later levels is irritatingly off. One of the first things that stuck out to me is that Sonic isn't tearing through levels at high speeds, but instead seems to casually jog through levels in a way that's more traditional with 3D platformers. This isn't a bad thing at all, it's just at odds with what I've come to expect from a Sonic game. If anything it's actually an improvement over past games. With this slower sense of speed I feel like I had more control over Sonic's movements and could pull off more precise platforming. Overall the level design is mostly excellent, except for a few cheap hits that the game will throw at you from time to time. So as a single-player experience everything is great, where the game stumbles is with it's co-operative and competitive multiplayer.

Everything still works out well for the person who's playing as Sonic, but it's the co-op buddy who ends up feeling left out throughout the majority of the game. Player 2 is stuck playing as some kind of lame aircraft that is a pain to control and is basically useless. The second player can only attack a few types of enemies with an awful targeting system, they can't do any sort of platforming, and they are constantly losing themselves off screen thanks to the fact that Sonic moves faster than them. The only thing they can do is collect the occasional ring or shoot the occasional enemy. For the most part co-op was a useless addition that will just leave whoever gets stuck playing as the second player bored. Unfortunately competitive multiplayer isn't much better. Sure both players get to play as a different colored Sonic, but these levels are boring and just plain don't work. The "Ring Race" has each character competing to collect the most amount of rings before time runs out. This mode just goes on for way to long and the enemies here just aren't any sort of threat to your stash of rings. The other two modes just has each player racing through levels to get to the goal first. This mode suffers because before either player can reach the goal the time limit will run out and the whole thing will just be considered a draw. I don't understand why they made these race levels so big and not give players enough time on the clock to get through them. It really is just a waste.

Still as a single-player experience everything works out great, and single-player is how the game is meant to be played. Tight level-design, nice challenge, and just all around great gameplay save the package. Sure it's not exactly perfect but it's a heck of a lot of fun to play. Lost World has successfully restored my faith in Sonic games and I am more than willing to give the blue blur another chance. Sonic Team really did a great job with this one.
  91. Nov 24, 2013
    Sonic Lost World is a very Different take on the Sonic games. I've 100% completed the game and I say its a great Sonic Game. Single-Player and Multiplayer are both a blast to play (with the exception of the RC Vehicles). Multiplayer was surprisingly fun to play, the two screen feature works perfect for the Multiplayer. However, this game is not perfect. In the last world, there is a hugeSonic Lost World is a very Different take on the Sonic games. I've 100% completed the game and I say its a great Sonic Game. Single-Player and Multiplayer are both a blast to play (with the exception of the RC Vehicles). Multiplayer was surprisingly fun to play, the two screen feature works perfect for the Multiplayer. However, this game is not perfect. In the last world, there is a huge difficulty spike and can really get annoying and frustrating. The Boss Battles are Jokes, with the new Homing Action it is pretty easy to defeat the bosses. The Pre-order bonus is alright, but could have been better. Gyroscope controls and the Wisp are poorly implemented into the game. Gyroscope controls are twitchy and are from the console instead of the senor bar and can be frustrating to control. Wisp are not even mentioned or put into in the game's story which is a complete let down to me. Other than those small problems, the game is great. Very underrated in my opinion. One of my Favorite Sonic Games. Expand
  92. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is truly amazing in every way Its so fun to play and so many different ways to play through each level it never gets boring. I love how the story is on this game and it has superb graphics and music in this game. I'm going to admit it the last sonic game I enjoyed was sonic adventure on the dreamcast but this one is my new favourite with adventure a very close 2nd. I recommendThis game is truly amazing in every way Its so fun to play and so many different ways to play through each level it never gets boring. I love how the story is on this game and it has superb graphics and music in this game. I'm going to admit it the last sonic game I enjoyed was sonic adventure on the dreamcast but this one is my new favourite with adventure a very close 2nd. I recommend this game to everyone and yeah as you get through the game it can get hard and frustrating at times I've lost count how many continues I have used but I get there in the end. Sonic lost world really should of had better reviews overall and this is a fantastic wii u exclusive game to own. if you haven't got this game yet then you are missing out big time! Expand
  93. Nov 21, 2013
    Here's how I determined this was a good game and worthy of being purchased. I downloaded the demo, which is just the first stage (Windy Hill Zone 1). I played it, then I played it again. Then again, and again after that. Next thing I knew, three hours had gone by and all I'd been doing is playing one stage over and over again. The last things I did before turning in for the night wereHere's how I determined this was a good game and worthy of being purchased. I downloaded the demo, which is just the first stage (Windy Hill Zone 1). I played it, then I played it again. Then again, and again after that. Next thing I knew, three hours had gone by and all I'd been doing is playing one stage over and over again. The last things I did before turning in for the night were buying the game in the Wii U shop and starting the download.

There's a bit of a learning curve as far as the controls are concerned, but after awhile, I find them to be far more responsive and precise than Hedgehog Engine games. My only real complaint about the controls is the unnecessary addition of color powers, which appear to have been added simply because they felt they had to put something in the game that utilized the gamepad touchscreen. I don't like the very idea of the gamepad touchscreen in just about every Wii U game I've played. Having to shift and refocus your eyes back and forth is awkward and uncomfortable. In a game like Sonic, it really breaks the flow, although Sonic Team was smart enough to make the game pause after using a color power to give you a chance to reacclimate yourself with the TV screen.

As far as the people saying it's copying too much off of Mario Galaxy, so what? That's what Sonic has always done. Sonic games take the elements from Mario games and speed them up. Sonic 1,2, and 3 copied Super Mario Bros. Sonic Adventure copied Mario 64. Sonic Lost World copies Mario Galaxy. It doesn't matter as long as the games are good, and this one is good.
  94. Nov 18, 2013
    Since Sonic Lost World was announced as a Wii U exclusive, I've had three main surprises with it. The first was the launch trailer, which looked like a much better experience than I expected a new Sonic game to be. The second came with the lukewarm reviews it got, a real letdown after all the hype. The third was finding out that, despite that, it is in fact a (gasp) pretty good platformer.Since Sonic Lost World was announced as a Wii U exclusive, I've had three main surprises with it. The first was the launch trailer, which looked like a much better experience than I expected a new Sonic game to be. The second came with the lukewarm reviews it got, a real letdown after all the hype. The third was finding out that, despite that, it is in fact a (gasp) pretty good platformer.

Even before the actual gameplay, I was impressed by the game's presentation. The graphics are sharp, vibrant, and brightly colored. The music and sound effects hit all the right notes, and a lot of the tracks are as memorable as the amazing tunes of the series's 2D beginnings. Sure, the storyline won't win any awards, but it should be serviceable as a well-made Saturday-morning cartoon, especially for younger gamers.

Playing the game is, for the most part, a joy. Sonic isn't always running like mad, which makes the platforming aspect a lot deeper. Controls are responsive and mostly intuitive; after the game's initial batch of gamepad-activated tips, it's very easy to get the hang of everything in a mostly seamless process. Some of Sonic's parkour moves aren't exactly easy to execute, but mastering them feels like a worthwhile process rather than a drag. Sadly, the same can't be said about the wisps, color-based powers than transform Sonic into special forms like asteroid, eagle, and bomb. In trying to use the gamepad touchscreen in innovative ways, wisp controls are inaccurate at best and grating at worst. Thankfully, they're not a fundamental part of the gameplay for the most part, serving mostly as a simple diversion.

The level design, especially when it comes to diversity, is the best thing Sonic Lost World has going for it. The game mixes 3D platforming with old-school 2D stages, sometimes resorting to endless runner levels and more offbeat designs. This ensures the gameplay never gets stale, and the way stages are expertly crafted goes a long way towards making you keep playing.

Nothing in Sonic Lost World is breathtakingly innovative, with the Super Mario Galaxy influence being pretty obvious, but it's still a great piece of software that will get platforming fans invested. Add extras like collectibles, time trials with online leaderboards, co-op play and item-sharing Miiverse integration, and you've got a tight package that is much better than the average review will let on. If you like what you see on the game's many trailers, rest assured you'll have a lot of fun when you play it.
  95. Nov 17, 2013
    First, for those saying it ripped off Mario Galaxy, actually, Sonic Adventure did the whole flying from area to area place first (Windy Valley for example)!

Great game. One of the best Sonic games. I really enjoyed all of it, the 2D and 3D levels and found the new gamepad color controls innovative and wonderful. I loved the way one could run onto another side in the 3D worlds for different play and paths. And most of the levels were just beautiful!
  96. Nov 14, 2013
    Very bland level design, parkour is a cool idea but poor execution, and the deadly six are some of the most one dimensional and boring villains in video game history in my opinion. Its a decent game at best but a huge step backwards from Sonic Generations.
  97. Nov 11, 2013
    This hardly deserves to be a Sonic game at all. In Sonic Lost World, Sonic Team discards many of the things that have made previous titles great, such as the smooth and fluid boost-based gameplay as well as the gorgeous visuals. Replacing these elements are things like slow, jittery controls, awful level design, a hideous art style, and practically nonexistent physics. In addition, theThis hardly deserves to be a Sonic game at all. In Sonic Lost World, Sonic Team discards many of the things that have made previous titles great, such as the smooth and fluid boost-based gameplay as well as the gorgeous visuals. Replacing these elements are things like slow, jittery controls, awful level design, a hideous art style, and practically nonexistent physics. In addition, the music, villain designs, and attempts at lighthearted "humor" in the cutscenes are downright cringe-worthy. Overall, the whole game seems broken and unfinished, as if it were developed on a very tight budget. I would not recommend this to anyone. Expand
  98. Nov 10, 2013
    Sonic Lost World's been criticized for being slow. Really guy? There's a run button you know. Granted this isn't entirely bad as SEGA wanted to try something different. The controls are super fluid as you'll get used to them in a matter of seconds like I did. The Music's great like all the other Sonic games, Visuals are outstanding for a Wii U title (There's a lot of exploration in levelsSonic Lost World's been criticized for being slow. Really guy? There's a run button you know. Granted this isn't entirely bad as SEGA wanted to try something different. The controls are super fluid as you'll get used to them in a matter of seconds like I did. The Music's great like all the other Sonic games, Visuals are outstanding for a Wii U title (There's a lot of exploration in levels by the way.) and the story is pretty funny. Just watch some YouTube videos of the cut-scenes and you'll get a good laugh. Sonic Lost World may not be as good as Colors, the Genesis games or Generations but it's still really solid and hell it's better than the 3DS version and Sonic 06 by a long one. Expand
  99. Nov 10, 2013
    This is a return to classic Sonic the Hedgehog. This is the 3.D. experience that is required in order for Sonic to feel as he did back in the days of Genesis/Mega Drive. Brilliant soundtrack and voice acting make Sonic Lost World feel how Sonic should be. Remember the attitude and cheesiness that Sonic used to have? It's back, and it has been done very well.
  100. Nov 8, 2013
    I agree with the 80 and above because the fact that after wacthing gameplay its so realistic, but it goes with bad reviews. I don't get it why some games are so good but then you know what happens.
  101. Oct 30, 2013
    Sonic Lost World, in a way, is almost like having a bipolar disorder; at one moment, the game almost perfectly captures the essence of a good Sonic game, while at others, becomes an incredibly infuriating and frustrating platformer that tries to put Sonic in situations where he does not excel in. For what Sonic Lost World does right, it really hits home, reflecting on the multipleSonic Lost World, in a way, is almost like having a bipolar disorder; at one moment, the game almost perfectly captures the essence of a good Sonic game, while at others, becomes an incredibly infuriating and frustrating platformer that tries to put Sonic in situations where he does not excel in. For what Sonic Lost World does right, it really hits home, reflecting on the multiple archetypes Sonic's initial outings in terms of its level structure. However, for its wrongdoings, one can only question why SEGA did not overlook these wrongdoings, as they become apparent so easily. Specifically, Sonic Lost World is a balance between levels whose philosophy in design reflects his initial outings, and levels whose philosophy in design is questionable at best.

In terms of this balance, the levels are associated with two different categories. One category places an emphasis on speed, and balances it out with plentiful of platforming and many alternate hidden paths and exits. This emergence of depth in level design was shown to an extent with Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations, but has not been shown with as much depth since Sonic's initial outings. Sonic Lost World rekindles this fire incredibly strong in these sorts of levels. Grinding Levels are also welcome to this edition, as their depth has risen drastically. Multiple routes to grind and tons of ingeniously tricky spots make these levels almost, if not as enjoyable, as the sorts of levels listed above. The second category, however, withdraws almost all of these aspects in place of gimmicky and linear level design that lacks the depth of the multi-route levels. Whether this may be rolling around in a snowball, having to remain hidden from an owl, scale up a linear set of platforms, etc., it withdraws from the essence of Sonic's initial outings in place of something mediocre at best.

To be even more precise, let me list every level that's fun, okay-ish, and not fun:

Fun:

Silent Forest: Act 2, 4
    Sky Road: Act 2, 3, 4
    Lava Mountain: Act 1, 3
    Hidden World: Act 1, 2, 3, 4

There are 32 zones in total (Not counting the Hidden Stages in each world, the Carnival Stages, or the Nights DLC), and 14 of them are fun, 6 of them are okay, and 12 of them are not fun. This means 44% of the stages are fun, 19% of the stages are okay, and 37% of the stages are not fun. Add either the fun stages and the okay stages, the okay stages and the not fun stages, or none as you will, but only 44% of the game is truly and undoubtedly fun. Luckily, that 44% of the game nails the gameplay down just fine. Also, if you think about it, 14 acts is roughly 7 zones in Sonic 2, and more acts than Sonic 3 (not & Knuckles) has to offer. Adding the okay acts with the fun acts, and you have almost as much acts as Sonic 3 & Knuckles (and that's not even counting the omission of Sandopolis and Lava Reef Zone -due to their mediocrity- from the list). If you think about it, that 44% isn't really that bad in retrospect.

Sonic Lost World fumbles a lot, which is definitely a huge disappointment to an otherwise fantastic game. However, the parts that Sonic Lost World doesn't fumble on are truly fantastic and unforgettable parts. Take Sonic Lost World how you will, but it's a game in which its good aspects are engaging and creative enough to become incredibly replayable. Sonic Lost World is a game that may stumble quite a lot, but it comes through in the end on its feet.

1. Dec 11, 2013
    Sonic Lost World has its problems. The controls are imprecise and the difficulty somewhat uneven. But it is still one of the better Sonic games in later years with some great level design. It is not the best platform game out there but well worth a closer look.
  2. Games Master UK
    Nov 27, 2013
    The best true Sonic in years. [Christmas 2013, p.83]
  3. Nov 18, 2013
    Sonic is no longer a good or even passable video game character.