9.0

1. Nov 22, 2013
    By far the funnest Mario game in years! I urge anyone with a wii u to purchase this game. This is pure AAA grade Nintendo gaming. The local multiplayer is an absolute blast anyone can join & leave whenever. Perfect game for families or hanging out with friends. Highly recommended!
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    It's launch day, so I may be rushing to judgement here, but up through the first half of the game this has to be one of the best platformers ever made. The 4-player co-op is even better than in New Super Mario Bros. because there is more space for a casual player to keep safe while the experienced gamers lead the way. As is typical for a Mario game, the levels start off very easy but ramp up in difficulty as it progresses. The level variety and design is just the best in the industry. The double cherry power ups alone are a brilliant and well-executed idea worthy of a whole game: in some levels you can control a huge amount of clones by collecting cherries. It works amazingly well and controlling all of the clones at once is actually manageable and intuitive. If you're all about the gameplay and don't care about realistic graphics or storyline, there isn't any better game on the market. I'm saying this as someone who owns an Xbox and Playstation, too. I have plenty of games to play right now, but there's nothing I'd rather play over this. Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is pure platforming fun. Something everyone from every skill level can enjoy. Tons of power ups, innovative levels, art direction.. perfect controls. It's everything you want out of a Mario game. This is the real deal an excellent buy for anyone with a wii u.
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    How could you complain about a game like this?? Seriously its pure FUN from beginning to end. Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing, the visuals are astounding and the multiplayer is actually pretty darn good. Its a perfect game for a system that needed a game like this. Its a system-seller.
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    Some of the best level design ever made in any platformer. The music, graphics, and sound are all great. So far this is the best game released all year.
  6. Nov 22, 2013
    Probably the best Mario game since Mario Galaxy! it's so full of life and ideas. it's rich and fun with never a dull moment. And the co-op mode is a must try.
    I was quite worried for Nintendo lately but with this Mario they prove they are still capable of crafting little masterpieces.
  7. Nov 22, 2013
    This games is awesome! It´s gorgeous, truly beautiful. The gameplay is absolutely PERFECT: everything works great on this game. I loved the multiplayer, playing Mario with your family and friends hasn´t ever been so FUN. This game is a system seller. You must buy it today to have fun for years because the replay is just thrilling. C´mon we talking about the first 3D Mario HD game. Buy it and PLAY IT! Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2013
    I have to say that this is bordering on being the most FUN I had in a videogame in my almost 30 years of being a gamer. I hate the rampant overuse of the term "Next-Gen" but this game is truly Next-Gen, not only in graphics, but also in Game-Play which is the most difficult task to achieve for a developer. Insane amounts of Polish permeating everything from visuals to performance to control, jumping, speed and inertia with absolutely unbelievable wealth of ideas each one is more fun than the last, a total work of love reflecting almost infinite experience, dedication and passion. EAD, I am in a total loss of words, you are truly and deservedly the best in the world! You made me feel like a kid again and escape the harsh realities of the real world. Woohooooooooooo!!! Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    Nintendo done again

Super Mario 3D world, is absolute amazing this game is fantastic in all possible aspects

If you love games you need to buy a WiiU and play this game
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    super mario 3d world best 3d platformer game and very funny
    this game have beautiful graphic & gameplay & music
    every wiiu owners must take this
    tnx so much
  11. Nov 23, 2013
    What can you say except for one of the greatest games I've ever played. From the fun power ups, to the amazing visuals, I had nothing but fun playing through this game. MUST HAVE, pick it up. I'm hoping it does get game of the year because this game deserves it.
  12. Nov 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok I changed my mind. I was a Mario hater and a Wii U hater but now that i've played this game I realize that Nintendo is factually the greatest thing in the video game industry. The Xbox One and PS4 are disasters at launch and I completely regret buying both of them. Get a Wii U with this game instead. Expand
  13. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is an achievement by Nintendo, it's that good. It has the most enjoyable co-op gameplay I've personally come across. The game has a certain charm, it has heart to it, and that's what makes this game good. The visuals, music, power ups, enemies, all contribute to the experience of Super Mario 3D World, and this is an experience that you do not want to miss.
  14. Nov 23, 2013
    Is this the greatest 3D mario game ever?
    It may not be. But still it's a perfect game, you can always trust a mario game.
    The one game that makes the Wii U a must-have console, and it's the first of many to come.
  15. Nov 22, 2013
    The best game for Wii U so far since it's launch. Super Mario 3D World not only entertained me, but amazed me, with it's creativity of new levels, new power-ups, and even Miiverse functions. Although the first few worlds were a piece of cake, the last few and special worlds will be a challenge to Mario veterans out there. The new power-ups are addicting to use, The Cat Suit is very entertaining and hilarious to use, and the Double Cherry is a very popular item in my opinion and I love it when the number of me adds up. Overall, this is one of the best Mario games I've played for a long time, with it's creativity, well done level design, tributes to other games (ex Super Mario Bros. 2), Peach is PLAYABLE, and more. This surely should help boost the Wii U sales, and definitely is the thing I will be playing all month instead of the Xbox One. Expand
  16. Nov 23, 2013
    After playing Super Mario 3D World, I believe this game is the epitome of platforming fun. I can't imagine a Mario game being more slick, polished, refined, and most of all, any more fun, than this. This was a game made by Mario fans for Mario fans. The music is original, incredible, and almost fully orchestrated, which is something we need more of in Nintendo games. The graphics are colorful, vibrant, and crisp. I honestly can't imagine a Mario game looking much better than this.

The game feels alive, whereas past Mario games felt stale, soulless, and rehashed. You can see, hear, and feel that the developers made a great effort in making this game as fun as possible, and to improve on the classic Mario formula. Here's to hoping these guys continue to make Mario games for many years to come! New enemies, new music, new ideas, and developers taking chances instead of relying on the exact same things over and over. As someone who was not impressed with the rehashing of the NSMB series and a lack of any solid 3D installment before Super Mario 3D Land (since Galaxy 2), this game is a breath of fresh air and a reinvigorating new evolution of the Super Mario formula.

Obviously, 3D World bears many similarities to Super Mario 3D Land, and it could be said that it is a nice extension of that game for the Wii U. That's not really a bad thing, as 3D Land was also an incredible installment. This game brings back the feeling of Super Mario 64 to me, but with less exploration and a higher focus on skilled platforming, clever level design, and some hidden secrets. If anything, there aren't enough secrets to explore, and the levels can be a bit too linear and straight-forward for some people who may have liked SM64's open levels. However, this more compact and linear level design hearkens back to classic games like SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and SMW.

The co-op is more fun and less frustrating than in the NSMB series; having that extra dimension to run around in is great and makes co-op with four people not only doable but a different experience than playing alone or with one other person. While working together, you are also competing for a high score at the end of every level, which leads to some fun and slightly competitive gameplay between friends where each person is trying to outdo the others and hold onto the crown. Honestly, I will never want to play a co-op platform game that doesn't function like this now.

The menus and titles are awesome, similar to those in 3D Land; crisp, clean design featuring classic SMW-styled cartoon art that is just amazing and fits so perfectly. The menus function really well, allowing players to not only jump in and out of gameplay whenever, but also to switch controllers between the Gamepad, Pro Controllers, Wii Remote, or Classic Controller. Just being able to switch in and out of gameplay, as well as the inclusion of various different controllers to use, is a welcome addition, as I personally love using the Pro Controller as opposed to a Wii Remote.

The game doesn't make amazing use of the Game Pad, but honestly, I don't care. I don't love the Game Pad. It's okay, but I don't think it's inclusion into the controls of the game would've helped the game much at all. It's a fantastic game without throwing in gimmicky Game Pad controls, which a few levels make use of by having to blow on the microphone, or raise platforms on the touch screen.

Overall, I can easily say that this is the best Mario game in ages, and may very well prove to be one of the best Mario games ever. Obviously, it's hard to beat the classics, but this game seems to pull from every classic Mario game and put it all together to create one of the most fun Mario experiences I've personally experienced. Perhaps all of those years of lackluster sequels has made me a bit too easy to impress, but this game has gone above and beyond what I was expecting. I highly recommend you play it yourself!
  17. Nov 23, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World. A game that originally started out as looking bland and boring, is now a game being considered better then Galaxy. With immersive orchestrated music, rich level design and now in HD, the game not only looks amazing, but sounds and feels amazing as well. Now with 4 player co-op, you can also enjoy it with your friends. Despite this game being a some what sequel to 3D Land, the game feels almost fresh and new. It basically is! 10/10. Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2013
    I can't stop playing. It's really that fun to play, explore, and be surprised in Super Mario 3D world. The charm and creativity of each level is unmatched by any Mario game since the Galaxy series. While this game can be played with up to four people, it's an absolute joy to play on your own. Also, while I thought the Cat Suit was a little lame before I played the game, it's now my favorite item to have. After a slightly disappointing Super Mario Bros. U, I was a little unsure of this title. Nintendo proved me wrong. Expand
  19. Nov 23, 2013
    At first Super Mario 3D world looks like an HD version of Super Mario 3D land. But once you actually get into The game you notice that it is completely different and far more innovative. While its not as open as Mario 64 it is more open than the new super Mario bros series. It offers the classic Mario mechanics and power ups but adds new ones as well. The new Cat suit is far from a gimmick. It allows you to speed run certain areas and compile a series of tricks that are impossible with other power ups but it still takes a little bit of thinking outside the box and skills to use it to your full advantage. The levels are great and original you would expect from a Mario title. Power ups great however Super Mario 3D world has the best multiplayer out of any official Mario game. Singleplayer is amazing but playing with skillful friends can truly bring out some Great times. This is the best Wii U game to date but Also the best next generation game to date out of all 3 consoles. Defiantly a good reason to pick up a Wii U Expand
  20. Nov 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Super Mario 3D World is a very good game, there's no doubt about that. It's well made, is what you could say at the very least. People usually complain about the lack of imagination of the "New" Series of Mario games and seem to think that Nintendo doesn't know how to be creative anymore. Well, Super Mario 3D World proves them absolutely wrong. From dozens of new enemies, level ideas, and ways to traverse depending on your power-up and character abilities, Super Mario 3D World dishes out the imagination in spades, while having multiple nods to the classic Mario games you've played before.

As for post game content, there's still a few extra worlds after you've beaten the final boss, and an extra character to unlock. Playing this game start to end will most likely be one of the greatest experiences you have on the Wii U for years to come. The only real issues is the sometimes odd camera angles, and Multiplayer being a bit confusing. Other than a few minor annoyances with these things, you'll be fine for most of your play through the game.
  21. Nov 23, 2013
    A really good game on the WiiU if not the best yet. Super Mario 3D world is a very fun single as well as multiplayer game. One of the best Mario games for sure since Super Mario bros. Definitely in my top 3
  22. Nov 22, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World is one of the best platformers ever made. Though obviously not as revolutionary as say, Super Mario Galaxy, 3D World sets itself apart by offering a completely unique experience. I found that, after playing for five straight hours, it hardly felt like any time had passed at all. This game is truly remarkable and a definite must-have for both platforming veterans and newcomers alike. Expand
  23. Nov 23, 2013
    Me and my daughters absolute loved the game. It's so cool, awesome graphics, awesome playing experience. Control is accurate. The game is so fun to play. I highly recommend. Nintendo still make the best games today... I'm looking forward to play Mario Kart 8 and the new Zelda! Thanks!
  24. Nov 23, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World is that type of game that succeeds in surprising you level after level with it's stellar level designs. The graphics are amazing by any standard.

Super Mario 3D World does what so few game succeed in doing: Surprising you constantly by keeping it's designs so fresh and unique. A game that every wiiU owner should pick up and also a game that is worth purchasing the
    system for those who haven't already. Expand
  25. Nov 23, 2013
    The best Mario game so far. Why? Because it has more content than ALL the Mario games combined to this date, and it has a lot of replay value. Graphics: 7/10 Music: 9/10 Gameplay: 10/10 Story: 10/10 Replay Value: 9/10 Length of the game: 8/10 Controllers: 9/10 OVERALL: 8.85 (rounded to 9) BONUS FOR BEING THE BEST MARIO GAME UP TO DATE (+1) 10/10
  26. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is just amazing. Being able to play as the 4 players from super mario bros 2 is great, with all the old moves I rember, this game is great, and a must have for any wii u owner
  27. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece and definitely deserving game of the year. The graphic are amazing and definitely the best the Wiiu has to offer. The soundtrack is best of the Mario franchise thus far from catchy tune to a jazzy tune. Controls amazing as hell and easy to learn in a moments notice. I recommend this game to anyone and this game is a reason to pick up a Wiiu today.
  28. Nov 22, 2013
    Trully nice game!
    The game not only looks great but plays awesome! Every single level brings a surprise, it's easily one of the TOP 3 Mario games ever made!
  29. Nov 26, 2013
    I bought the Wii-U at launch for Nintendo titles, and finally the game that made my purchase worthwhile is here! Super Mario 3d World is perfection. I love Mario games in general with my favorite being Mario 3, Mario 64, and Mario on the 3ds. This is among them. It is a complete blast to play with couch co-op and the addition of the cat suit is genius. There are things I wish they could have added, like a few multiplayer mini-games that could be playable from the title screen, and that is a personal nitpick with someone that has young children. The game is accessible for young children, but there will be parts that they will have to "bubble up" and allow an adult to finish for them, so a few minigames based of a couple levels would have been a nice bonus.

Grahics- 10. the game looks stunning and everything about the worlds, maps, and characters are gorgeous
    Sound- 8. Mario titles always have the catchy mario tune in parts of the game, and the sound of jumping and running are basically the same. I didn't expect much more with sound and the game is so fun you hardly notice music and sound effects.
    Controls- 9.5 Snappy and great controls, which is needed for a plateformer. It may take a person to bit to get used to jumping since the game is '3d' which brings a bit of an extra challenge for plateformers.
    Fun Factor- 10. The game is fun and if you love Mario you will Love this title. Children will enjoy it and the only thing that would have been nice would have been more than 4 characters to choose from in couch coop. You choose toad, mario, luigi, and Princess Peach. A couple more would have been cool, Like Daisy, Rosalina, Toadette, wario, warluigi, etc. Just for the purpose of multiplayer.
  30. Nov 24, 2013
    This game is the reason why I love Nintendo so much. It incorporates old game play mechanics as well as newer ones into a game that feels like the whole platformer genre has been re-innovated. Every level is something new for you to explore and never gets old.

What makes this game a must have for Wii U owners is how simple it is for a friend to join in on the fun with multiplayer. The
    four player is not new to Mario games but it adds a re-playability to the game because you can have a friend over and have hours of fun trying to beat each other's score to win the coveted crown for yourself.

Weather you are playing alone or with a friend this game delivers an experience that no platformer game has done before it. It's a must buy if you own a Wii U.
  31. Nov 26, 2013
    Super Mario 3d World is a great game, especially when you have 4 players running around the boards. I have had nothing but a smile on my face while playing this great game. I couldn't say enough great things about this rendition of Mario, keeps it fresh and fun.
  32. Nov 24, 2013
    This game remember me a lot to super mario bros 2
    i like that. compared with other "next generations" game like cod ghost,dead rising 3,ryse son of rome,killzone shadow fall....this game is fun,its solid,a good step to the next generations
    excelent gameplay,excelent graphics,a good soundtrack
    i loved it
  33. Nov 24, 2013
    This game is very Fantastic by far the best Mario game since galaxy. Awesome stage platforms, beautiful music and many other genre like shooter, racing and puzzle
  34. Nov 23, 2013
    I bought this game on launch day it's the most fun I have had on any Mario game ever. Multiplayer is amazing, great level design and the visuals are fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone.
  35. Nov 25, 2013
    Not only does this game look great, but it also plays great. The controls are fantastic, though using a schematic that has a joystick is advised as the d-pad just doesn't feel as intuitive navigating the 3D space versus the 2D gameplay of the New Super Mario Bros Series. Despite the fact that you can reach credits in a short amount of time (roughly 45 minutes per world), there is a bounty of collectibles you can go back and get, rediscovering the levels. Each level is unique from the one before, adding something that will incrementally increase the challenge of the game. Having multiple characters to play as with unique abilities was a nice refresher for the series, and it felt right going back to the roots. The bonus worlds will also provide a challenge after completing those required to reach the credits, and they are just as fruitful as the first 8. If it weren't for the mostly linear progression from level to level, this game would be a fantastic successor to Super Mario 64. If you own a Wii U and don't own this title, you are missing out. If you don't own a Wii U, this game makes the purchase worthwhile. Expand
  36. Nov 26, 2013
    El mejor Mario que he jugado, sencillamente es divertido para cualquier tipo de jugador y jugarlo con más personas es simplemente maravilloso, éste sí es el vandeconsolas que tanta falta le hacia al Wii U.
  37. Nov 25, 2013
    HOLY This game is flat out fantastic. Even with all the praise it's been receiving, I did not expect it to be THIS good. Every moment with this game is nothing but pure joy. I constantly find my jaw dropping from the sheer inventiveness of the stages, the fluidity of the gameplay, and crisp colorful graphics. Multiplayer is a blast!! This is a game for gamers of all ages, and is so far my GOTY and one of the best games I've played in 20 years of gaming. Truly sublime. Expand
  38. Nov 25, 2013
    Amazing game. Unbelievable fun co-op. This (and W101) is the proof that Wii U worth the purchase, even if third party keep ignoring it. A game can't consider himself/herself hardcore if it just ignores games like this.
  39. Nov 25, 2013
    all i need to say is this game is an absolute blast to play! the best co-op mario game to date, and just utterly fun to behold. Great graphics and art style make this the best looking WiiU game out there. extremely good level variety left me never bored with the mechanics all the way to the final boss, plus lots of hidden secrets for you completionists.
  40. Nov 24, 2013
    This game is an absolute masterpiece. For the moment you start up the game, you're met with great music and many familiar faces. New characters and enemies are introduced, along with new suits such as the cat suit, the ice skate suit, the goomba mask, and many others. No level feels the same as the last, and the graphics are insanely good. Even a simplistic style can truly capture the spirit of the game. If you're on the fence about buying a Wii U, this game should definitely convince you to buy one. Expand
  41. Nov 24, 2013
    This game is pure fun when it comes to games. If you own a wii u or know a friend who does then you better give this one a buy/checkout. The Mario franchise is one that constantly brings fun to the table for everyone of all ages, and they continue to bring something new to the table to keep you on your feet unlike other franchises out there that are just rehashes of the game before it with just a polish of hd/better graphics.... *cough cough* CALL OF DUTY!!!

Need I say more to you fellow metacritics and stumbleons of this site?
    Multiplayer on this has never been so fun. I haven't had this much fun playing with friends since horde mode on Gears of war 3. Also the multiplayer flows perfectly and is less chaotic than super mario bros U.

With all the new console releases Nintendo has been left in the dust because other consoles bragging about graphics, TV, internet, fantasy football and of course the arguing over who is the real system for gamers.

Xbox one upset many people with its policies that were similair to steam, but in result changed their minds to keep the hate off, but still has a high price to own one, while 4% of owners of this new console are having difficulties reading games on their drives even after the "day one" update.

Playstation 4 took the crowds by their honeyed words while talking bad about Xbox the whole time like a jealous friend who saw the chance to steal the thunder. "hey you know that one thing xbone does that you hate? well we do the opposite!!!, yeah don't forget that... i mean yeah they got cool looking games but we're truly for gamers". And right now ps4 is also have some HDMI display problems out of a small percentage of those who bought it. Not to mention I would say PS4 is being an "Indian giver" about its policies at the moment just check it out.....

Anyways, sorry to go on about that, I know we've seen too much of these guys go at it for a while.
    Nintendo right now is the underdog in these consoles that has more hate than praise and you know I don't know why.

PS4 and Xbone this generation truly aren't about the gamers they are about the Graphics.
    If you give wii u a chance and don't let the badgers get to you then you will see that this system was truly made for gamers.

On to Mario! Like I said this game is fun to play solo and co op with a less chaotic feature. The game looks beautiful and crisp in its Hd nature and textures are smooth. Powerups in this game will have you wanting more of the game. Nostalgia yes!! and for beginners who have never played mario will fall in love.

The game also features some beginner friendly options for those who need it, so this game is perfect for everyone!!!

The only thing this game needs is the ability to invite your online friends in an open world to play with.

If you want a new console and feel like $399 and $499 are way too much on top of games then I will say go for the wii u because the price dropped to $299, the graphics are great, the games are superior, not to mention 3rd party launches look great like AC4, ZombiU and many more....... JUST GET A WII U!!!

Play this game!!! you will not regret it!! I know for the hardcore fans this isn't Mario Galaxy but as far as a mario game goes it deserves a 10!! I'm positive they'll make a new mario galaxy game in the future because you know what Nintendo actually listens to their consumers.

If Nintendo was a meme it would be "good guy greg". Great games, free online and much much more!!!
    Give nintendo some support and ignore the haters. NINTENDO'S GETTIN BACK TO ITS ROOTS BABY!!!
  42. Nov 23, 2013
    Nintendo ace Super Mario 3D World is the best AAA title would never quit playing this. a complete family entertainment that just brings more joy Nintendo is the king of gaming indeed. i'm a ps3 owner the reason for wii u is this particular game. bring on more super Mario :D would had given more than 10 if possible
  43. Nov 26, 2013
    the stupid game is freaking awesome and it is really stinking addicting and my brother likes it so much that he made out with and and had video game children!
  44. Nov 30, 2013
    It took exactly one year and four days after the console's launch, but the Wii U finally has a must-own, must-play title that will be remembered for years to come. Combining elements from virtually every Mario 2D and 3D platformer before it, Super Mario 3D World is both a celebration of the series' past and a refreshing new take on the tried-and-true formula. You will be tempted to play through the entire main game in just a few sittings, but there's plenty more to do after that especially for completionists and those who like a serious challenge. I never stop smiling while playing this game, and I don't think you will, either. Expand
  45. Nov 26, 2013
    Wow, where to begin? Super Mario 3D World is a staggering milestone for the Mario franchise. The game is top of the line and on par with the likes of Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Sunshine. 3D World brings back, for the first time since Paper Mario for the Wii, Peach as a playable character. She is not a clone like characters in the New Super Mario Bros series, however. Actually, ALL the additional characters have their own unique skills and abilities. Mario is average in speed and jumping abilities, Luigi has his flutter jump to clear longer gaps, Peach is slower, but can float for a distance in the air, while Toad is the speediest character with the smallest jump. All 4 characters (and one unlockable) bring great fun to the game. I enjoyed playing as each and every one.
    Some characters were better for specific levels. Like in one where you are required to jump from block to block over lava gaps. In this level, Peach is the superior character to use due to her ease of control and her floating ability. On another level, the map is scrolling side to side and you have to make your way through a train as fast as you can. I found it best to use Toad as he was quick enough to get in and out of small places. He really came in handy in collecting every last Green Star (which by the way there are 3 Green Stars scattered throughout every main level.)
    Aside from the graphical improvement (which does wonders for Mario and friends) the best part of 3D World is it's level design. Each level is cleverly themed and stocked full of brand new power-ups. One level is stylized after a large pagoda in which you escalate the walls by turning into cute, adorable cat-versions of your character. Another level is a signature to the Mario universe and involved traversing a spooky mansion, but do not fret, because at some point before venturing deep within you can pick up a block to wear on your head that produces a beam of light, much like a flash light. Thank goodness for the flash light block, there are many ghosts waiting for you ahead!
    The game takes many hours to complete, and that is not even counting the time it takes to collect every Green Star and Stamp collectibles and the Bonus stages that come after the main story (another staple to the franchise as of late). Despite the lack of online multiplayer, the game is a fabulous masterpiece. It makes up for it with a local multiplayer, great level designs and brand new, clever power ups as well as a change to the typical story. It was refreshing to see Bowser kidnap a new victim (or should I say victims?) in this game as it allowed the player to take control of video games' most prized Princess, Peach.
    I would highly recommend this game to every and all ages no matter their experience in gaming. The controls are easy to pick up, the levels are a blast and you can get the whole family involved. Happy gaming and good luck stomping those Goombas!
  46. Nov 28, 2013
    This is the Game of the Year for me. The artistic direction is beautiful, THE MUSIC is FANTASTIC, hell, you will never get bored of the music, and the most important thing: THE LEVEL DESIGN IS MAJESTIC. It pushes you to keep playing, as well as to find its most hideous secrets. It maks you feel astonished because of its perfection in level design. It keeps you entertained, and gets an "Ooh, awesome" out of yoour mouth every time you enter a new level. YOU MUST BUY IT!
  47. Nov 27, 2013
    There is a reason Mario sticks around, and that is for the innovation that takes place in all his games. Super Mario 3d World brought the most ideas to the table since 64. I enjoyed galaxy, but it felt a little repetitive with the space theme. However 3d World keeps you on your toes, not knowing if the next level will be spent racing against the clock while still looking collectable goodies or going retro in a Mario Kart- esque level. That coupled with great ideas that worked in the past (playing as Toad and Peach) makes this one of Mario's greatest adventures, (and beautiful too). I highly urge anyone to pick this game up, with the well designed levels and collectibles, it's sure to keep you busy for a while. This game is (literally and figuratively) the cat's pajamas. Expand
  48. Nov 28, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World is a very fun and addicting game. And also one of the best Mario games in a while. And also my top 5 Mario games this game is one of the hardest Mario game besides the Galaxy games. Keep it up Nintendo and I really look forward to the next Mario game. You are heading in the right direction.
  49. Nov 30, 2013
    A great platforming Mario game. Multiplayer is competitive yet cooperative and it's a blast with friends at or around your skill level. Great music and it's nice to see a quality HD Nintendo game.
  50. Nov 26, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World reinvents the Mario formula by fusing the 2D arcade system the 3D open world adventure Mario we know from previous 3D titles. Game of the year.
  51. Nov 27, 2013
    It is fun, very fun, only wish that it had some actual online multiplayer and the inclusion of a yoshi. The variety is spectacular and theres a unique thing with pretty much every single level you'll go through that makes sure things do not become boring for you, almost worth buying a wii u for.
  52. Dec 2, 2013
    Owners of the Wii U and prospective buyers, rejoice! Simply put, Super Mario 3D World is one of the best video games in YEARS, and easily takes the title of the best game for Nintendo's beleaguered Wii U. The level design is flawless and creative; each level tests your game playing abilities and reminds you of the magic of Nintendo. The addition of cooperative multiplayer is a much welcomed and long overdue feature of the 3D Mario games that allows for incredibly fun experiences with friends. The multiplayer is executed far better in SM3DW than it is in any of the "New" series of Mario games, with your friends actually helping you complete a level instead of hindering the playing process. The in game graphics are stunning and breathtaking, proving the Wii U as a next-gen console. In comparison with its predecessor, Super Mario 3D Land, SM3DW makes the former look like a prototype. The gameplay is addictive and always has you craving more with every completion of a level. At a time when no other AAA games are coming out for the rival consoles, SM3DW looks like a great choice for holiday shoppers and is a gateway game for the Wii U.

Positives Everything
    Negatives Not enough people will get to play it
  53. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is a must have for wii u owners. You can't beat 4 player mayhem which is what super Mario galaxy 1 and 2 were missing. children and adults alike can enjoy this game.
  54. Dec 3, 2013
    Absolutely stunning game! Bright, lively, and vibrant environments, great level design, new, creative, and original worlds, and perhaps the single greatest power up in Mario history- The Super Bell, all add up to a great game. The four player mode is also a blast, and it is great to chose form the four different characters. I've been waiting for this since Super Mario Bros 2! All in all, great game! Expand
  55. Nov 26, 2013
    when it comes up to mario, nintendo dont make mistakes, this is a masterpiece, from the beggining til the end is brilliant, the reason for anyone to get a wiiU.
  56. Dec 6, 2013
    If you want HD graphics, tight play control (Game Pad, Pro Controller, Wii controller with and without nunchuks), epic orchestrated music, and overall FUN, do yourself a favor and purchase the Wii U and buy Super Mario 3D World! And for the Wii U owners, buy the game whether you go to your nearest store or purchase the digital download directly at the eShop.
  57. Dec 12, 2013
    This is the best game I have played in a long time. My 4 year old and 3 year old love it. I highly recommend this game to people of all ages! 10/10 perfection!
  58. Dec 10, 2013
    I would to Start off by saying if you don't find a way to play this game you are a Fool. Now let me tell you why I said that. 1st off this is the best game available, and my game of Generation Pick so far. 2nd This has Some of the best content Imaginable. 2nd The Soundtrack to this Game is Epic! Now lets talk about the graphics Which in my honest opinion the best I've seen. Hear me Out. the Art Style is So beautiful. The Levels are so Varied. And With out a Doubt The Water effects and Rain is the Best in gaming. This is also one of the most challenging games i have ever played, the Bonus Content Will test you to know end, But When you Finish a level the Since of Pride you feel is Great. The multiplayer makes this a totally different beast all together. The Replay Value is immense. I'm sure you seen the reviews, both written and Videos. trust me when i say this is A must Play! Thanks for reading this C4platinum Expand
  59. Nov 28, 2013
    Not to say that this game doesn't have some flaws, and it may not be the Mario 64 or Sunshine successor some fans were hoping for, but this game is absolutely INCREDIBLE in its own merit. Seriously everything a platformer should be, I urge anyone with a Wii U to buy it, and even people who don't own a Wii U to pick one up.
  60. Feb 4, 2014
    A defining platformer full of brilliant ideas, colourful landscapes and amusing enemies. Brilliant to play single player, and really shines if you play multiplayer.
  61. Jan 28, 2014
    Super Mario 3D World is a multiplayer masterpiece. I'm 28 and had a blast playing this game with my other adult friends. Nintendo has a way of making great timeless games for EVERYONE! If you own a Wii U, there's no reason not to pick this game up. And if you haven't purchased one yet, now is a great time to consider. There are many great games out for the console, with many more to come.! Support Nintendo. I don't want to live in a world without them. Expand
  62. Nov 23, 2013
    I purchased a Wii U at launch last November and it sat and collected dust since I finished New Super Mario Bros. U and Zombi U (Other than my four year old running around in Lego city). So this game comes out on Friday November 22. I picked this up and then got in line to get my Xbox One. Since I brought home the X-1 and this Mario game and I've spent much more time these last couple of days playing this instead of my X1 (dont get me wrong the x1 is awesome)Thank you Nintendo for finally giving me a reason to turn on my wii u! Anyways, this Mario is awesome. Tons to do, some old school difficulty in later levels, fun for my son and my wife. This game restores my hope that the wii u was the right choice for my family and that we're finally getting some worthwhile titles. Mario is back! More importantly, Nintendo is back! Expand
  63. Jan 1, 2014
    When a game is as good as Super Mario 3D World, it's hard to think of the words that sums it up with sufficient accuracy. But I'll give it a go:

Nintendo's Game of the Year. This is a fresh installment to the Mario franchise, unleashing outstanding class and originality in one neat little package. It captures the very essence of platforming and makes it relevant for any age group, at
    any level of expertise, in single player or in multiplayer. A casual audience will love having their mates over for a bout in racing for the flag, while the hardcore gamers will have their hands full in trying to achieve 100% completion and setting personal bests for the online community to beat. For many, Super Mario 3D World is the game that justifies their purchase of a Wii U console, and it opens the minds of Wii U owners to fully see what the newest Nintendo home console is truly capable of. Expand
  64. Dec 25, 2013
    Mario 3D World is so funny that is impossible to stop laughing. I have been playing with my little brother and the experience has been super colourful and addictive. The mechanics are super easy to perform and at the same time is deep. This is the best Wii U game right now.
  65. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is by far my favorite Wii-U game so far (and possibly my favorite Mario game). The graphics, despite being a cartoon, are fantastic along with the soundtrack. The soundtrack is one of the best parts of this game and really adds to the atmosphere of the game. One thing that I noticed they left out was a story. It had almost no story to it; the only parts being Bowser has done something bad and you have to stop him. I don't think that this really pulled the game down, I still loved it, but it couldn't have hurt to add a more complex one.
    A must for any Wii-u owner. It does get a bit difficult towards the end.
  66. Feb 12, 2014
    Not as epic as say, Super Mario Galaxy, but still just as a charming, beautiful, cleverly crafted game. The stages in this game are short, but all of them have 3 green stars, one stamp, and you have to get to the top of the flag at the end of each level to 100% the game, which almost doubles the length of gameplay, and makes it much harder. And it's a ton of fun to play with friends, or race against ghosts of other players. Expand
  67. Dec 5, 2013
    Just a truly fun and amazing game. Level design and fun factor are off the chart. It may not look like a movie, or create an open world to beat prostitutes, but it is a truly fun experience.
  68. Dec 25, 2013
    Prepare to get sucked into a world whose charm and creativity are almost too much for words. Mario's first 3D adventure on Wii U is the kind of game that exhales an almost magic sense of fun, making it oh so hard to put the controller down.

As you may have heard, this is the first 3D Mario game that features a true multiplayer mode. Taking inspiration from somewhat underrated gem Super
    Mario Bros. 2 on the NES, you're able to play as either Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach or Toad (with a fifth unlockable character for you to find), each with their own abilities, either alone or with friends. Better yet, the designers managed to somehow craft an experience that feels perfectly suited for both solo playthroughs and multiplayer madness.

There are quite a few power ups available (both old and new), with the adorable cat suit being at the forefront. It's not just cuteness, either, as Cat Mario & friends are given the very useful ability of wall (and flagpole) climbing. My favorite power up, however, has to be the double cherry, an item that adds another version of your chosen character to be controlled by you at the same time. Of course, you also get to chain cherries, which can result in you controlling up to five of the same characters at once. Yes, this is as chaotic as it sounds, and it's just as fun as you'd imagine.

The graphics are the best they've ever been in the entire series, with 60 frames per second being the norm all the way through, and benefitting from Wii U's HD capabilities. The character textures have a kind of luminous sheen that goes extremely easy on the eyes, and the lighting effects are great. The attention to detail displayed here is stunning, and can be appreciated from Cat mario's feline mannerisms to the raindrops rolling down the camera screen. The music is equally as impressive, featuring many new tunes that are as catchy as the classic ones. This is a game that never fails to keep impressing you with its production value and unbridled creativity.

Another constantly impressive trait is the level design. The game features some of the best levels ever crafted for any 3D platformer ever, taking full advantage of the possibilities for each of the game's many power ups, and hiding collectibles (sometimes quite deviously) all the way through.

Aside from the now usual stars, you're also tasked with finding a special stamp on each stage. Each of them is unique, allowing you to customize Miiverse posts depending on which ones you've found. It's a great idea that gives collectibles further use, while letting you brag by innocuously including a hard-to-find stamp image on a message that will then be read by fellow players in-game. There do seems to be a lack of less obvious secrets, though, with only a couple of warp zones to stand in for secret exits.

The game differs from previous 3D Mario games in its stage and world structure. Perhaps to help accommodate multiplayer (and to bounce off the success of 3DS's slightly overrated Super Mario 3D Land), stages are more linear than usual, with a clear finishing line in each of them. This makes 3D World, in a way, less deep than the likes of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but has the potential to disappoint some more hard-core exploration enthusiasts. In the same vein, the difficulty is generally toned down, with most stages not being necessarily hard. Luckily, the series's sense of creativity continues to permeate each world, making the game worthy of standing on the same pantheon as those previous classics.

Continuing this long line of impressive 3D outings for the main Super Mario series, 3D World is a testament to the game design brilliance of Nintendo. From start to finish, the game is the kind of joyous experience that keeps people coming back to the Japanese company in face of the by-the-numbers shooters and uber-realistic graphics that flood the industry these days. It's a brave set of footsteps for other companies to hopefully follow, and a reminder of why video games are so much fun in the first place.

Rating: 9.5
  69. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is one of the best Mario games I have played. It is totally worth buying because all the levels are really good fun and there is lots of new things added to the game. I really like the cat suit because you can run up walls, you can do dive attacks and use your claws to attack. It is really good that they added Pellise back into the game. You can also play as Princess Peach and she can her hover from a short distance. Mario is still the most skilful, Luigi can jump up high and Toad can run fast.

It doesn't have coin rush and time limit races or little mini-games but it was still heaps of fun to play.
  70. Jan 12, 2014
    What really spurred me to actually write this short review was the troll-review of "peewee_RotA", who gave this game a 0. I believe a game of this calibur needs to be defended, thus I am rating this game the 10 it rightly deserves.

Rest assured, this is Mario at his very finest. Super Mario 3D World blends together everything which makes both the 2D and 3D Mario games great and then
    some. The graphics are stunning, sharp, colourful and the lighting effects are amazing. The controls are tight and responsive and much like the 2D games in terms of physics coupled with the twists and flips of 3D Mario.

The levels are varied in style and theme much more than any recent Mario titles and are interesting to explore and filled with puzzles and uniqe elements. The music is catchy and of fantastic quality once again, and there are so many power-ups, secret levels and additional features (MiiVerse functionality with stamps, hidden easter eggs, help for younger players optional) available that it is clear Nintendo really know how to make a video game.

The game leaks from the very brim with Mario-style. There's so many different nods to past games that will thrill you if you're a veteran, and intruige you if you're new to the series. Nothing feels out of place, and the game flows perfectly.

The game is even 2 to 4 player and varied as such because each character has their own abilities and this affects certain elements of the game.

At over 20 - 30 hours long to complete the entire game including all collectibles, this is also one of the longest Mario games.

All in all, I'm not sure how to sum this game up. Rather, this is an analysis of the features this game has, and should give you an indication of what to expect. If you loved Super Mario Galaxy, you'll love this. If you loved Super Mario Bros 2 and 3, you'll also find what you're looking for here.

In fact, if you love any of the previous core Mario titles, platform games or just fun in general, you'd be a fool to not play this game.

This is definitely one of the best games I have ever played.
  71. Dec 24, 2013
    Hand's down the biggest reason to buy a WII U this year is for Super Mario 3D World. It's one of the first games I've played in awhile that has me coming back to more. It's simplistic style which focuses on unique level design and creative concepts is what pushes this games light year of ahead of others. This maybe the best Mario game to date, even bypassing Galaxies. Not one concept gets over used, and with over what appears to be 80-100 levels, there's a lot of content.

The game offers a great multiplayer experience with the urge to want to 100% this game. Posting with stamps on Mii verse is a great touch, and seeing other players "ghosts" as you play a level is much deserved.

The only downfall is it lacks some online features. The game would work perfectly if you could connect to other games. Also it could use online challenges see games like Raymen Legends )

It's clear that gameplay and level design with where all the time and money went into and it will be notice for years to come.

72. Nov 29, 2013
    Great game 10.........................................................................................................................................
  73. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is one of the most fun games on the wii u, the co op in this game is phenomenal. My only complaint with this game is that it is very long and seems to keep on going when you think your done otherwise, great game!
  74. Jan 1, 2014
    just like all the other reviews you've checked, this game is just great in every way you can imagine. It has wonderful controls, a variety of characters to choose from (Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach) beautiful visuals, an amazing soundtrack! i say if you own a Wii U, this is a game that you need to own.
  75. Dec 9, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World is a fun game for family and gamers. The story is about bowser capturing 8 fairies instead of princess peach. so the 4 heroes must save them. I loved the cat powers that this game has. The only thing I did not like is the four player camera in this game. Still its a lovely game and it deserves a 9/10.
  76. Dec 30, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World is nothing less than platforming perfection. From the innovative level designs to the catchy music and eye-catching visuals there is truly not a single thing I can complain about. Not only is it great playing solo but the multiplayer has given me some of the most fun I've had from my Wii U since I got it, even when playing with people with much less experience with platformers (or even video games) than me. Definitely a must have for anyone with a Wii U. Expand
  77. Dec 25, 2013
    This game is outstanding! This is the Game Of 2013 for me, and it's been so much fun so far. Me and my sister love it! Graphics are amazing in this game. Possibly the best in the series. The gameplay is fun, and the level ideas are very creative. It's just a great game. If you don't have a Wii U, this would be a good reason to get one.

Graphics: 10
    Gameplay: 10
    Music: 10
    Overall: 10
  78. Dec 11, 2013
    My sister is not a gamer. She had been able to play New Super Mario Bros. U with the rest of us so I thought she might be able to easily transition into this. It took her about 10 minutes to really get into the swing of this game and it's controls but at that point she decided to switch to a nunchuck/wiimote control setup instead of the sideways wiimote. My brother, sister, niece and I spent the next 3 hours laughing and having fun just running around enjoying the amazingness of this game. It's just incredibly fun. This is a system seller, and I am thinking of it right now actually, in about 5 minutes I am going to be switching my Wii U on and playing Super Mario 3D World. You have to play this game. And now, I must go. Expand
  79. Dec 12, 2013
    I'm a member of the original nintendo generation. Unfortunately as I got a bit older I strayed away from Nintendo and their franchises. I'm more of a pc gamer these days than anything. I never owned a gamecube, wii, 3ds, or any of the handhelds. In fact, my last nintendo system was a SNES! I decided to break that chain and purchase a Wii U. There is something very nostalgic, whimsical, and exciting about this game and the Mario Bros. franchise. I was blown away from the minute I got to the in game menu. The colors were vibrant, the music was catchy, and the gameplay was simply fun. As I progressed through the first few levels it was clear that they were starting to increase in difficulty. In fact, as one level caused me to almost "rage quit" I thought to myself, what else have I been missing?!?! Simply put this game is phenominal and is everything a 3d platformer should be. Expand
  80. Dec 12, 2013
    At first, i was a bit dissapointed that the next 3D Mario game wasn't Mario Galaxy 3 or something along those lines........But then i played it. ........and........it....was.........AWESOME! This game is filled with power-ups, unique mechanics, and much much more.
  81. Dec 28, 2013
    The game scales from pretty easy to normal to hard to really hard at a nice pace. the game has a nice variation between long and short levels. playing single player will have you searching every part of a level looking for secrets and hidden goodies while multiplayer has this chaotic fun that only this game can bring out. it looks fantastic and the music matches that if not, surpasses it. it's a game that every wiiu owner should have. Expand
  82. Jan 17, 2014
    Do you want to have fun? This is the game for you! Lighthearted, colorful, shiny game with perfect mechanics, fantastic music and flawless gameplay. As usual, the puzzles will give the players that challenge to keep them hooked.
  83. Nov 28, 2013
    Absolutely beautiful and exciting game. Hands down one of the best games in the Mario series.. A lot of fun to play solo and even more fun to play with one or more friends. Creative level design and gorgeous scenery. A must buy for any Wii U owner.
  84. Dec 5, 2013
    Watch any trailer for this game and if you like what you see, know that it is every bit as fantastic as it looks. Excellently designed levels, tightly polished controls, colorful and delightful graphics. Any fan of platformers is sure to enjoy this game.
  85. Dec 14, 2013
    As of writing, the WiiU is a console that continues to struggle. It's facing stiff competition from both Sony and Microsoft. On the other hand, Nintendo seems to be confident that SM3DWorld would turn the WiiU around. For those who had a WiiU, you're in for a treat. Multiplayer Mario done right? You got it. Incredible level designs? You got it. One of the best Mario since Galaxy and a true system seller for the fledging console. If only more people were aware of this game, and stop arguing about graphics....and console power. Expand
  86. Dec 18, 2013
    The 3D Mario games have been consistently brilliant and innovative, and this one is no different, but this time it does do while keeping the classic 2d feel of the stages. Absolutely amazing level design and stellar controls.

The stages are mapped out typically but you can freely move around the map which allows you to look for secrets, and there are secrets. There's tons of replay
    value trying to get all the stars and stamps, and there's quite a few stages to go through. Often times playing as different characters can give you access to items. There's a ton to do, if you choose to do so.

The graphics are simply amazing and the best on wii u. There's a lot of subtle play with light and texture that brings the whole world to life. The gameplay runs at a smooth 60 fps and 1080p. It's really quite breathtaking.

This is a perfect game and shows that Nintendo is still that master of platformers. If you own a wii u you need this game. If you don't own a wii u this might be the reason to get one.
  87. Feb 22, 2014
    I wasn't so sure about this game prior to playing. My personal preference is more a classic 2D platformer. However, Nintendo has incorporated a slice of each of the classics and mashed it into an awesome 3D world... and it plays so well! Each level is somewhat unique, not overly challenging but not too easy either. Visuals are amazing. Soundtrack is very catchy, although slightly repetitive. Overall fantastic game and a must have for Wii U and those who enjoy Mario platformers. Expand
  88. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is no Super Mario 64, sunshine, or galaxy. It is the 2nd game in the Super Mario 3D series, Super Mario 3D Land being the first. If you've played that game, expect just about the same thing but with better graphics (obviously), more creativity and innovation, and just a better experience overall. The multiplayer also adds an extra layer of fun to the game, and unlike New Super Mario Brothers, it actually works because you don't get into each other's way. Honestly, this game isn't as good as most critics have been saying, but it's still a fantastic game. I would give it just a flat, simple 9/10. It deserves a 9, but nothing more. If you like Super Mario Brothers linear run to the flag gameplay, but you like the 3D roaming and controls of the Super Mario series (64, sunshine, galaxy), then you'll love this game. I would say that it's the best Mario game released that isn't in the Super Mario main series. Hope this helped. Expand
  89. Nov 25, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World, to me, can be be summed up in one word: Fun! As a Mario game, what more could I expect. When I first became a gamer back in the day, the most important thing to me was just getting to that flag pole. 3DW has returned to that simplistic gameplay in which the only thing I care about is getting to that flagpole again. Sometimes I just don't feel like sitting down and watching hours of cinematics, sometimes I just want to throw a game in and complete the objective. Mario 3D World is just that!!! While the Mario Galaxy's, in my opinion, are the future of where Mario needs to go, 3DW is a throw back to what Mario use to be...and that's okay to me! Again, if your looking for a game you can throw in, have great fun, and not worry about committing to hours of gamplay at a time, then you can do no wrong with this game! Expand
  90. Dec 31, 2013
    Perfect in ways unlike the Galaxy series, 3D World is my game of the year. I went in quite skeptical but came away very pleased. The sheer amount of new game play mechanics is outstanding. Not to mention having a great soundtrack.
  91. Dec 4, 2013
    The creativity in this game is amazing, no two levels are the same, and some introduce new gameplay mechanics. The multiplayer is a blast, and on single player it's challenging especially if you want to get all three green stars, the stamp, and to land on top of the flag pole. I also love the cat suit and double cherries. In my opinion this game is not better then Galaxy but it's close, it has great graphics, music, gameplay, and tons of replayability. So far this is my favorite Wii U game, beating Lego City Undercover's eight month reign, and anyone with a Wii U should buy it. Expand
  92. Dec 27, 2013
    The Mario series has recently got repetitive and unimaginative. I was worried this would be the point where it stopped being the perfect example of game design it once was, but Super Mario 3D World proved me wrong. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game since Galaxy 2, and in many ways it’s almost like a new Mario Galaxy game. It’s full of playful ideas, creative power-ups and pitch-perfect design.
    The graphics look beautiful. They’re crisp and sharp, and 3D World revels in telling you that. From visually stunning cutscenes to camera angles that show you the world’s beauty, Super Mario 3D World uses graphics to generate an atmosphere that’s unrivalled by other games. This is the best Mario games have ever looked, in glorious, colourful HD. Lots of new environments help make it look so good. Tiny details aren’t overlooked- small droplets of water trickle down the screen in rainy levels. There is a level set in the African Savannah, in which the sun casts a spell on the land. Even environments from previous Marios are updated to look fantastic: the water sparkles beautifully in the beach levels and the lava in volcano levels has never looked more alive.
    The fantastic music sets the atmosphere, ranging from the haunting ghost house theme to the many jazzy tunes in the game. The recordings are of excellent quality, too.
    But while the presentation of the game firmly pushes it into the next-gen, it’s the groundbreaking gameplay that makes it one of the best Mario games. Multiplayer is a riot, with chaotic gameplay that’s full of calamity, and yet fun. Each character has different strengths and weaknesses, for example, Peach is one for inexperienced players as she can glide and runs slower. It’s one of the best additions to a Mario game since he went to space. It is annoying, however, that players share lives, so an expert player may find all their lives drained if they’re playing with a novice. This isn’t a huge problem, though, as getting a game over only takes you back to the start of the level. Local multiplayer is a blast, but it’s a shame there’s no online.
    There are loads of new power-ups and items. As well as returning ones, the cat suit allows Mario to climb walls and scratch enemies, but the double cherry was my favourite. Every time you collect one, it creates a clone of you that you control at the same time. Soon I had five clones of myself and combined with fire Mario, I could shoot five fireballs at a time! It allows for fun, chaotic gameplay.
    Of course the power-ups would be useless without the level design, and 3D World succeeds on that area too. Levels are brimming with creativity. Each one is wildly different from the other. Some of my favourites were an underground level in which you could only see the shadows of everything. In another, there were platforms that appeared and disappeared in time with the rhythm of the music. Mario 3D World juggles tonnes of new ideas but never lets any of them outstay their welcome. I constantly complete a level (which usually take about 5 minutes) to be faced with yet another idea which turns everything on its head. Sadly, the Gamepad is integrated very little into the game. That second screen’s capabilities are not utilised nearly as much as they should be. This doesn’t remove the creativity in the game at all though, and 3D World has some of the best bosses in the series, with hugely inventive battles, despite there not being enough of them.
    Levels are at their most challenging in this entry in the series, as well. Prepare to die a lot, especially in the later stages. Some of the levels in the Bowser world seriously challenged me, with one in particular killing me over fifteen times. Overall, the game took me about 10 hours from the beginning to the end credits, which is an underwhelming length when compared to its predecessors. It’s got a lot of content, but the fact levels are short bursts of energy rather than the long challenges they were in games in the Galaxy series means 3D World is a lot shorter. There are however 3 green stars and a stamp to collect in each level, which are hidden in hard-to-find areas or put in precarious positions that are extremely hard to reach and survive. There are also extra levels available after you beat the game, but fewer than in past Mario games. Altogether, though, 3D World does add up to a longer experience than 10 hours, particularly if you aim to complete it 100%. It’s an excellent Mario game, one that’s constantly throwing in something new. It has better graphics and framerate than the majority of PS4 and Xbox One launch games and, best of all, it’s huge fun to play. It can easily claim the prize of being an outstanding platformer, and it proves that even now, Nintendo can still create an inventive, fresh and well-designed Mario game as much as they could 25 years ago.
  93. Jan 17, 2014
    one of the best games out there on the wii u super mario 3d world brings the enjoyful of mario luigi toad and peach the game has quite a lot things you can do the captain toad game are far of may fav mini games on here this is more step foward to super mario 3d land
  94. Jan 1, 2014
    This is the best mario game since galaxy Super mario 3d world is an outstanding game it fantastic in every aspect it's creative and the game is extremely fun
  95. Dec 3, 2013
    The Wii should have never existed and the Wii U should have came out first. This game was long over due. I haven't played a Mario game that I have enjoyed since Mario Sunshine. This game is a brand new way to play Mario. All the New Super Mario games are all old school played. Each level on SM3DW brings new and innovating experiences. I enjoyed each an every stage. There are people out there doesn't like the small things that a Mario game brings, but it's not enough to throw this game out your holiday list. if you have a Wii U, this is a must have game!

Instagram: Game_Row
  96. Dec 22, 2013
    mario, you never disappoint. i thought that this was gonna be super mario 3d land HD, but BOY I WS WRONG. this game is awesome. the multiplayer is crazy! the levels are different and have a gimmick that WORKS! i just love this game. if you like mario and you have a wii u, then GET THIS GAME!
  97. Jan 10, 2014
    BEST MARIO GAME to come out over the last 10 years! The family had a great time at Christmas playing 4 player mode and all skill levels of gamers had a blast and worked together. Not often can a game bring the whole family together to have a good laugh - thanks Nintendo!
  98. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is pure fun and I keep wanting to play it. Although fairly short to see the end, but you will want to get all the stars and stamps. It's brilliant! Worth buying a Wii U for.
  99. Jan 6, 2014
    this game is a perfect 10/10 nice graphics great gameplay the 3D elements add a nice touch the cat-mario and other new suits add some more fun to an already amazing franchise many consider it to be the best mario since mario 64 i totally agree definitely a must own for the wii u id recommend a wii u for this game alone
  100. Dec 21, 2013
    MY GAME 2013

only the camera isnt good.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiooooooooo*_*
  101. Dec 24, 2013

1. Jul 25, 2014
    While not as revolutionary as Mario 64 or Galaxy, 3D World manages to feel simultaneously fresh and nostalgic in a way the New Super Mario Bros. series never quite realized.
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    Mario Galaxies have finally gotten the follow up they so rightfully deserve. Fun, exciting and surprising, Super Mario 3D World is everything a good platformer needs to be. [Dec 2013]
  3. Feb 19, 2014
    I'm sure some players will get a kick out of throwing each other into pits or causing chaos in a cat suit, but 3D World stands squarely in the shadow of other, greater entries in the series.