Super Mario 3D World Wii U

9.0

1. Feb 17, 2016
    A new playground for gamers and Nintendo (and Mario) fans. While Super Mario 3D Land is an improvement on Super Mario Land and also a great game, this game is an improvement on Super Mario World only making it a lot better than Super Mario 3D Land.
  2. Jul 4, 2016
    The graphics brings me back to the gamecube well it doesn't look like gamecube graphics it looks smooth and has smooth gameplay. The levels feels great so are the controls! This is my 3rd favorite Mario game of all time!
  3. Dec 14, 2013
    As of writing, the WiiU is a console that continues to struggle. It's facing stiff competition from both Sony and Microsoft. On the other hand, Nintendo seems to be confident that SM3DWorld would turn the WiiU around. For those who had a WiiU, you're in for a treat. Multiplayer Mario done right? You got it. Incredible level designs? You got it. One of the best Mario since Galaxy and aAs of writing, the WiiU is a console that continues to struggle. It's facing stiff competition from both Sony and Microsoft. On the other hand, Nintendo seems to be confident that SM3DWorld would turn the WiiU around. For those who had a WiiU, you're in for a treat. Multiplayer Mario done right? You got it. Incredible level designs? You got it. One of the best Mario since Galaxy and a true system seller for the fledging console. If only more people were aware of this game, and stop arguing about graphics....and console power. Expand
  4. May 14, 2016
    This is easy game . Very good graphics for Mario Game and Good storyline . This game is very pretty . This is very fun platformer . In this game Mario has got many different power-ups . And Paper Mario , Paper Mario The Thousand Door , Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 and this game are best game in Mario Series . This is best game about Mario on Wii U . Mario is children series , but this gameThis is easy game . Very good graphics for Mario Game and Good storyline . This game is very pretty . This is very fun platformer . In this game Mario has got many different power-ups . And Paper Mario , Paper Mario The Thousand Door , Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 and this game are best game in Mario Series . This is best game about Mario on Wii U . Mario is children series , but this game special children . 8/10 Expand
  5. Feb 7, 2015
    My daughter and I played every level together and LOVED IT. This has some of the best designed 3D stages ever made for a platformer. It is just so much fun to play, which is the whole point of video games.
  6. Dec 21, 2015
    Game: Super Mario 3D World
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo System: Nintendo WiiU (WiiU) Total Score: 94/100 Value Score: 9.4/10 • Story: 7/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Plays like Super Mario 3D Land +Play as Mario, Luigi, Peach and
    Game: Super Mario 3D World
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo
    System: Nintendo WiiU (WiiU)
    Total Score: 94/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Plays like Super Mario 3D Land
    +Play as Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad (later in the game you can also play as another Mario character)
    +Great Variety in Level design and Difficulty
    +A lot of elements from previous Mario games such as the NES series
    +Great Sound and OST
    +Well designed visuals
    +Multiplayer allows you to compete against players but also cooperate
    +Additional worlds/levels even after finishing the main game

Cons
    -Some notable characters were missing such as Yoshi and the Koopa Kids
    -Multiplayer is only local co-op
  7. Jan 18, 2015
    This game is easily my favorite mario game of all time. It is just pure 3D platforming entertainment. The characters each play different and are great to try out to see which one will be your favorite. The worlds and enemies are all original and creative. The story is super straight forward, simply beating each level, while collecting all of the hidden green stars. And it just feel likeThis game is easily my favorite mario game of all time. It is just pure 3D platforming entertainment. The characters each play different and are great to try out to see which one will be your favorite. The worlds and enemies are all original and creative. The story is super straight forward, simply beating each level, while collecting all of the hidden green stars. And it just feel like grade A nintendo entertainment. Worth a pick up for anybody with a Wii U. Expand
  8. Sep 3, 2014
    Pure Nostalgia, that's the first thing I felt when I played this game. It gave me the same childlike wonder and amazement I felt from playing Mario 64 or Super Mario World when I was younger. This is also one of the nicest looking games I've seen on the Wii-U yet and the amount of creativity put into the worlds really shows that. If you got 3 other people to play with it makes this gamePure Nostalgia, that's the first thing I felt when I played this game. It gave me the same childlike wonder and amazement I felt from playing Mario 64 or Super Mario World when I was younger. This is also one of the nicest looking games I've seen on the Wii-U yet and the amount of creativity put into the worlds really shows that. If you got 3 other people to play with it makes this game even more enjoyable. Even that this game has tons of great parts about it there are still downsides. Having to go back and grind for more stars to open the next work can be some what boring when you are playing with friends and playing alone can be difficult sometimes. But the small problems hardly change that this is a amazing game worth all of your hard earned dollars. Expand
  9. Jan 2, 2015
    I would love to score it higher but I just didn't get the same enjoyment as others from this game as time went on I felt less and less challenged and more and more bored, it looks fantastic and I find the audio side of things very amusing a solid 8/10 though
  10. Feb 22, 2014
    Buy a Wii U for this game. Seriously. This is a great game that shows off the Wii U's capabilities (like the luscious HD graphics and use of the gamepad in a way that shows it's presence, yet isn't overused and boring like ZombiU where you check the gamepad every two seconds). Anyone who looks past this game due to it being Nintendo is an idiot. Even though this game is child-friendlyBuy a Wii U for this game. Seriously. This is a great game that shows off the Wii U's capabilities (like the luscious HD graphics and use of the gamepad in a way that shows it's presence, yet isn't overused and boring like ZombiU where you check the gamepad every two seconds). Anyone who looks past this game due to it being Nintendo is an idiot. Even though this game is child-friendly overall, the final levels test any gamer's abilities and is one of the most difficult modern games in the final levels. The first levels are ok, and a bit repetitive but every level after that is amazing. The running is good. People complain about it, but there is no problem. It wasn't needed and doesn't add anything to the gameplay, but it doesn't take anything from it either. Sometimes the timer can be annoying, but that is very rarely a problem. The music is great. Super Mario Bros 2 was my favourite Mario game, and this takes concepts from 2 and 3 which is great. Anyone crying that it isn't like Mario Galaxy should shut up. I get that they want Super Mario Galaxy 3, but that doesn't make this game bad. You don't see reviews on Zelda complaining it isn't Mario Galaxy 3. Expand
  11. Jan 11, 2015
    Apparently, Mario games with a 10 out of 10 rating are not hard to come by anymore. I would never have thought I would have to decide if a game is better than Galaxy 2 or not!

Super Mario 3D World is simply fantastic. There's literally no other way to say it. It has fantastic level design, amazing new power-ups, simple controls, and spectacular music! Every level is different from the one before it and the next! (excluding some of the...other worlds) You can tell how much effort when into making each level unique and stand out. You might be riding on Plessie in the water on one level, catching bunnies in a savanna in the next, and then avoiding Piranha Plants in a dangerous swamp later!

The bosses are another high point in the series. Let's be honest here, 3D Land's bosses were incredibly repetitive and could become boring after a while. That all changes here! Bosses like Hisstocrat and Motley Bossblob in particular are very memorable and unique! It's true that all the bosses seem to take place in the middle of nowhere...but honestly who cares? All the bosses seem like they belong in the Galaxy games: that's a good thing! The Bowser fights are also memorable with the final one in particular being amazing!

The new Cat Bell and Double Cherry power-ups are perhaps some of the most unique power-ups in the Mario series! The Cat Bell turns you into a cat (of course). You can climb up walls, scratch enemies, and even get to the top of the flagpole much easier than you can normally. The Double Cherry power-up can be a bit irritating at times as it can make many clones of your character. It begs the question: if you lose one of the characters the Double Cherry made, could that be the real one?

The Super Mario Bros. 2 character cast is a much needed breath of fresh air in the series. It can get pretty boring to be Mario and Luigi only after a while but with the addition of new characters like Peach and Toad, it never gets repetitive! Peach can hover just like in SMB2 and Toad's super fast. Toad's my personal favorite of the bunch but that's probably just because he's one of my favorite Mario characters overall.

The soundtrack is just as great as the Galaxy games! That is something I honestly never thought I'd say. The Double Cherry Pass theme and Hisstocrat theme in particular are easily some of the best Mario soundtracks ever! The return of live orchestrated music is a great addition and I sincerely hopes it returns in many more Mario games!

Overall, Super Mario 3D World is another game that justifies a Wii U purchase and it is another fantastic entry in the Mario franchise! There's not a single bad thing in the game, just like Galaxy 2!
  12. Apr 26, 2015
    Not as good as the Galaxy Series and Super Mario 3D Land but still good. If you don't like SM3DW, you are silly as J. Bieber. The graphics are awesome. The controls are good, except why does the gamepad ALWAYS have to be Player 1? The gameplay is good. The characters are so frigging awesome. My bro fufufu plays as Luigi (Weegee) and the only character I play as is Mario. Also, why do myNot as good as the Galaxy Series and Super Mario 3D Land but still good. If you don't like SM3DW, you are silly as J. Bieber. The graphics are awesome. The controls are good, except why does the gamepad ALWAYS have to be Player 1? The gameplay is good. The characters are so frigging awesome. My bro fufufu plays as Luigi (Weegee) and the only character I play as is Mario. Also, why do my bro and I have to share lives? Why can't they make it like NSMB where we have our own? This frigging sucks. The level designs suck, except the Mario Kart looking stage and Super Bell Hill. Tyfoo Flurry used to suck bad as well but now it is one of my favourites. Super Mario 3D World is a good game and I recommend any gamer to buy this if they own a Wii U. Expand
  13. Dec 23, 2015
    I played 3d Land on a 2DS I've bough really cheap; I liked it so much, I was so excited it was like playing Mario Galaxy all over again - but it wasnt a copy, same formula, it was a new expecience. The game was so good I couldnt resist and got a WiiU to play 3D World (remember when people bought a console to PLAY a game that is already avaliable), and it was amazing because 3D world madeI played 3d Land on a 2DS I've bough really cheap; I liked it so much, I was so excited it was like playing Mario Galaxy all over again - but it wasnt a copy, same formula, it was a new expecience. The game was so good I couldnt resist and got a WiiU to play 3D World (remember when people bought a console to PLAY a game that is already avaliable), and it was amazing because 3D world made the style of 3D Land even bigger, with NEW creative levels (no rehash in level design!). It's as great sequel as Mario Galaxy 2 was - considered by many even better than the original.
    Of course the Wii-U was not short of great games and after 3D world I also got Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, MK8, and so many others....
  14. Dec 4, 2013
    The creativity in this game is amazing, no two levels are the same, and some introduce new gameplay mechanics. The multiplayer is a blast, and on single player it's challenging especially if you want to get all three green stars, the stamp, and to land on top of the flag pole. I also love the cat suit and double cherries. In my opinion this game is not better then Galaxy but it's close, itThe creativity in this game is amazing, no two levels are the same, and some introduce new gameplay mechanics. The multiplayer is a blast, and on single player it's challenging especially if you want to get all three green stars, the stamp, and to land on top of the flag pole. I also love the cat suit and double cherries. In my opinion this game is not better then Galaxy but it's close, it has great graphics, music, gameplay, and tons of replayability. So far this is my favorite Wii U game, beating Lego City Undercover's eight month reign, and anyone with a Wii U should buy it. Expand
  15. May 15, 2014
    Super Mario 3D World packs the same creative 3D platforming that made the Galaxy games so great along with the charm of the classic Mario games and its own new fresh ideas. Nintendo has proven yet again that they know how to make their series new again.
  16. Mar 1, 2015
    Best game EVER!!!! It is so friggin awesome!! The graphics are amazing! The controls are perfect. The power ups are awesome. The levels are great! It even has Captain Toad's own levels. Super Mario 3D World is my favourite game of all time and you must get this game if you own a Wii U! It is completely flawless.
  17. Jan 17, 2014
    one of the best games out there on the wii u super mario 3d world brings the enjoyful of mario luigi toad and peach the game has quite a lot things you can do the captain toad game are far of may fav mini games on here this is more step foward to super mario 3d land
  18. Dec 25, 2013
    Prepare to get sucked into a world whose charm and creativity are almost too much for words. Mario's first 3D adventure on Wii U is the kind of game that exhales an almost magic sense of fun, making it oh so hard to put the controller down.

As you may have heard, this is the first 3D Mario game that features a true multiplayer mode. Taking inspiration from somewhat underrated gem Super Mario Bros. 2 on the NES, you're able to play as either Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach or Toad (with a fifth unlockable character for you to find), each with their own abilities, either alone or with friends. Better yet, the designers managed to somehow craft an experience that feels perfectly suited for both solo playthroughs and multiplayer madness.

There are quite a few power ups available (both old and new), with the adorable cat suit being at the forefront. It's not just cuteness, either, as Cat Mario & friends are given the very useful ability of wall (and flagpole) climbing. My favorite power up, however, has to be the double cherry, an item that adds another version of your chosen character to be controlled by you at the same time. Of course, you also get to chain cherries, which can result in you controlling up to five of the same characters at once. Yes, this is as chaotic as it sounds, and it's just as fun as you'd imagine.

The graphics are the best they've ever been in the entire series, with 60 frames per second being the norm all the way through, and benefitting from Wii U's HD capabilities. The character textures have a kind of luminous sheen that goes extremely easy on the eyes, and the lighting effects are great. The attention to detail displayed here is stunning, and can be appreciated from Cat mario's feline mannerisms to the raindrops rolling down the camera screen. The music is equally as impressive, featuring many new tunes that are as catchy as the classic ones. This is a game that never fails to keep impressing you with its production value and unbridled creativity.

Another constantly impressive trait is the level design. The game features some of the best levels ever crafted for any 3D platformer ever, taking full advantage of the possibilities for each of the game's many power ups, and hiding collectibles (sometimes quite deviously) all the way through.

Aside from the now usual stars, you're also tasked with finding a special stamp on each stage. Each of them is unique, allowing you to customize Miiverse posts depending on which ones you've found. It's a great idea that gives collectibles further use, while letting you brag by innocuously including a hard-to-find stamp image on a message that will then be read by fellow players in-game. There do seems to be a lack of less obvious secrets, though, with only a couple of warp zones to stand in for secret exits.

The game differs from previous 3D Mario games in its stage and world structure. Perhaps to help accommodate multiplayer (and to bounce off the success of 3DS's slightly overrated Super Mario 3D Land), stages are more linear than usual, with a clear finishing line in each of them. This makes 3D World, in a way, less deep than the likes of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but has the potential to disappoint some more hard-core exploration enthusiasts. In the same vein, the difficulty is generally toned down, with most stages not being necessarily hard. Luckily, the series's sense of creativity continues to permeate each world, making the game worthy of standing on the same pantheon as those previous classics.

Continuing this long line of impressive 3D outings for the main Super Mario series, 3D World is a testament to the game design brilliance of Nintendo. From start to finish, the game is the kind of joyous experience that keeps people coming back to the Japanese company in face of the by-the-numbers shooters and uber-realistic graphics that flood the industry these days. It's a brave set of footsteps for other companies to hopefully follow, and a reminder of why video games are so much fun in the first place.

Rating: 9.5
  19. Nov 24, 2013
    This game remember me a lot to super mario bros 2
    i like that. compared with other "next generations" game like cod ghost,dead rising 3,ryse son of rome,killzone shadow fall....this game is fun,its solid,a good step to the next generations
    excelent gameplay,excelent graphics,a good soundtrack
    i loved it
  20. Jan 8, 2014
    Everything about this game is borderline perfect. The level design is amazing, absurdly addicting with 3 or 4 players (seriously it's crazy), the music is very catchy and memorable (the Boo house theme is a really good piece) and it's just so much fun. This game is hands down one of the best games of the year and is an essential purchase for any Wii U owner.
  21. Dec 27, 2013
    The Mario series has recently got repetitive and unimaginative. I was worried this would be the point where it stopped being the perfect example of game design it once was, but Super Mario 3D World proved me wrong. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game since Galaxy 2, and in many ways it’s almost like a new Mario Galaxy game. It’s full of playful ideas, creative power-ups andThe Mario series has recently got repetitive and unimaginative. I was worried this would be the point where it stopped being the perfect example of game design it once was, but Super Mario 3D World proved me wrong. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game since Galaxy 2, and in many ways it’s almost like a new Mario Galaxy game. It’s full of playful ideas, creative power-ups and pitch-perfect design.
    The graphics look beautiful. They’re crisp and sharp, and 3D World revels in telling you that. From visually stunning cutscenes to camera angles that show you the world’s beauty, Super Mario 3D World uses graphics to generate an atmosphere that’s unrivalled by other games. This is the best Mario games have ever looked, in glorious, colourful HD. Lots of new environments help make it look so good. Tiny details aren’t overlooked- small droplets of water trickle down the screen in rainy levels. There is a level set in the African Savannah, in which the sun casts a spell on the land. Even environments from previous Marios are updated to look fantastic: the water sparkles beautifully in the beach levels and the lava in volcano levels has never looked more alive.
    The fantastic music sets the atmosphere, ranging from the haunting ghost house theme to the many jazzy tunes in the game. The recordings are of excellent quality, too.
    But while the presentation of the game firmly pushes it into the next-gen, it’s the groundbreaking gameplay that makes it one of the best Mario games. Multiplayer is a riot, with chaotic gameplay that’s full of calamity, and yet fun. Each character has different strengths and weaknesses, for example, Peach is one for inexperienced players as she can glide and runs slower. It’s one of the best additions to a Mario game since he went to space. It is annoying, however, that players share lives, so an expert player may find all their lives drained if they’re playing with a novice. This isn’t a huge problem, though, as getting a game over only takes you back to the start of the level. Local multiplayer is a blast, but it’s a shame there’s no online.
    There are loads of new power-ups and items. As well as returning ones, the cat suit allows Mario to climb walls and scratch enemies, but the double cherry was my favourite. Every time you collect one, it creates a clone of you that you control at the same time. Soon I had five clones of myself and combined with fire Mario, I could shoot five fireballs at a time! It allows for fun, chaotic gameplay.
    Of course the power-ups would be useless without the level design, and 3D World succeeds on that area too. Levels are brimming with creativity. Each one is wildly different from the other. Some of my favourites were an underground level in which you could only see the shadows of everything. In another, there were platforms that appeared and disappeared in time with the rhythm of the music. Mario 3D World juggles tonnes of new ideas but never lets any of them outstay their welcome. I constantly complete a level (which usually take about 5 minutes) to be faced with yet another idea which turns everything on its head. Sadly, the Gamepad is integrated very little into the game. That second screen’s capabilities are not utilised nearly as much as they should be. This doesn’t remove the creativity in the game at all though, and 3D World has some of the best bosses in the series, with hugely inventive battles, despite there not being enough of them.
    Levels are at their most challenging in this entry in the series, as well. Prepare to die a lot, especially in the later stages. Some of the levels in the Bowser world seriously challenged me, with one in particular killing me over fifteen times. Overall, the game took me about 10 hours from the beginning to the end credits, which is an underwhelming length when compared to its predecessors. It’s got a lot of content, but the fact levels are short bursts of energy rather than the long challenges they were in games in the Galaxy series means 3D World is a lot shorter. There are however 3 green stars and a stamp to collect in each level, which are hidden in hard-to-find areas or put in precarious positions that are extremely hard to reach and survive. There are also extra levels available after you beat the game, but fewer than in past Mario games. Altogether, though, 3D World does add up to a longer experience than 10 hours, particularly if you aim to complete it 100%. It’s an excellent Mario game, one that’s constantly throwing in something new. It has better graphics and framerate than the majority of PS4 and Xbox One launch games and, best of all, it’s huge fun to play. It can easily claim the prize of being an outstanding platformer, and it proves that even now, Nintendo can still create an inventive, fresh and well-designed Mario game as much as they could 25 years ago.
  22. May 21, 2016
    This is one of my favorite Mario games. The levels are very fun to play and are quite challenging. In every level, there are three hidden green stars that you have to find in order to unlock certain levels. The co-op mode is so much fun. It is like New Super Mario Bros. Wii's multiplayer mode except now in a 3D game. Some levels make use of the Wii U GamePad. For example, in one level youThis is one of my favorite Mario games. The levels are very fun to play and are quite challenging. In every level, there are three hidden green stars that you have to find in order to unlock certain levels. The co-op mode is so much fun. It is like New Super Mario Bros. Wii's multiplayer mode except now in a 3D game. Some levels make use of the Wii U GamePad. For example, in one level you need to blow in the mic to move platforms. In other levels, you need to touch the screen to raise certain objects. This is one of the best Mario games ever created and I highly recommend it. Expand
  23. Sep 6, 2015

Best Co-op experience on Nintendo Consoles in ages and funnest game of Mario ever !

+ 4 player coop
    + Power-ups
    + Level design
    + Difficult later levels and great challenge in main levels to 100% completion

- Overpowered Rosalina
  24. Feb 17, 2014
    This is an awesome great game. The mechanics are perfect and the art work is second to none. I you need a pallet cleanser for all these dark dreary games this is the one to play.
  25. May 25, 2014
    This game is a MASTERPIECE is doesn't step a foot wrong. Where do i start? Gameplay is truly innovative and improves upon 3D Land on the 3DS. Graphics are amazing and the story is actually different! LOL. The cat suit is cool and the is just so much content and new ideas. Each level is unique and sometimes there are minigames in the levels. Super Mario World is just pure FUN!!
  26. Feb 11, 2014
    Super Mario 3D world is simply a pure delight. This game is nothing that will blow your mind, but it is a game that so consistently hits the right marks. Nintendo has the 3D style of Mario down to an art, and what a lovely art this game is.

Typical of Nintendo, the game is fairly simple, easy to pick up and play. Of course, hidden underneath are several hidden mechanics and a few unique moves, but most everything is as it has been since Super Mario 64. However, they throw in just enough new things to make people like myself who have grown up with Mario to enjoy the new challenges. In particular, I found the double cherries to be a particularly fun challenge.

This game is probably longer than the average Mario adventure. For the first time ever, I was beginning to wonder when it might end, as there's one secret world after another. Some of the later levels provide a particularly high level of challenge. I can always trust Nintendo to provide some of those at the end, and I joyously lost hundreds of lives to the last few. There's a time and a place for those kind of moments, and Nintendo usually knows when to place them, so it's fine.

This game brings out the simple joy of a good platformer. It builds on itself to create one of the top Mario games of in recent years, and one that I would highly recommend.
  27. Jul 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A truly magical Mario adventure. It may not take many chances but it does everything with such flair it hardly matters.

Super Mario 3D World's gameplay isn't revolutionary by any means. It simply takes the tried and tested Mario formula and improves on it in almost every single way, adding a bunch of great new ideas along the way. The controls are flawlessly tight, the frame rate as smooth and rock solid as it has ever been and the new ideas (and there are plenty of them) all work like an absolute charm. There's the cat suit, which is the most adorable thing ever, allowing you to climb walls and reach areas of maps you otherwise couldn't. This gives a fun element of exploration to the levels on a level that I've never experienced in a 3D Mario game before. There's ideas used from all sorts of previous Mario games and the sliding Nessie levels which are similar to the N64's famous penguin slide level are a particular highlight. The ability to use 4 characters from the onset (including Peach) makes this game really unique in the Mario series. All the characters are well balanced and yet different enough to make using each of them a unique experience. I should also mention at this point that the boss battles are perhaps some of the most inventive of any Mario game. I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Another new addition are the excellent captain toad levels which bring a nice puzzle element to proceedings. Playing as captain toad who can't jump or attack means even the humble goomba is a mighty enemy and really brings some fresh gameplay to the table. Collecting the 5 green stars as our small hero is a lot of fun and requires good planning above reflexes!

The multiplayer is a chaotic but very fun experience when played against each other but I found it most enjoyable when working together to complete levels. It adds a completely new dimension to the game and I'd thoroughly recommend getting some friends round and giving it a blast!

Visually this blows all previous Mario games squarely out the park. It's an absolute stunner. The shiny sheen on everything and varied use of colour throughout the levels makes this a real feast for the eyes and quite possibly the best looking game I've yet to have the joy of playing on any console. The 3D and yet classically styled overworld is a great modern take on an old concept and really helps give the game a polished feel. It continues to wow me with it's visuals to this day, and I've played a lot of it.

Content wise there is plenty. There are 8 worlds with plenty of levels and a further Mario Galaxy inspired world (which is brilliant) that you unlock after completing the first 8 worlds. It doesn't end there though there are a few more worlds featuring fresh takes on other levels to unlock. Couple this plethora of worlds with the 3 stars and stamp to collect on each level and you've got a massive game. Collecting the stars feels fun and essential and although certainly challenging has as of yet never felt like a chore to me, and I've collected a lot of them!

In conclusion this is an absolute gem of a game and already belongs to my all-time favourites. It has that 'one more level' gameplay that gets you hooked and it's such a blast to play that I'm sure I'll be playing this for a long while yet. In fact I have trouble deciding whether Super Mario 64, Galaxy, Galaxy 2 or this are the best Mario game, which is high praise indeed!
  28. Mar 16, 2014
    Anyone negatively reviewing this game just has a bone to pick with nintendo. From a critical perspective, this game is one of the best designed games I've ever played. It is crafted with great care, and you can feel it throughout. It shakes up the traditional Mario formula in MANY ways, so its not "just another mario game" like you hear some people complain. The final bonus levels areAnyone negatively reviewing this game just has a bone to pick with nintendo. From a critical perspective, this game is one of the best designed games I've ever played. It is crafted with great care, and you can feel it throughout. It shakes up the traditional Mario formula in MANY ways, so its not "just another mario game" like you hear some people complain. The final bonus levels are insanely difficult. Don't think that this is going to be a walk in the park. There is real satisfaction to be gained from beating a level after spending days or even weeks on it. There is an incredible amount of replayability in it as well. No real gamer could play this and say it was a poor game. This is THE must buy game for the Wii U, and if you havent played it yet, youre missing out! Expand
  29. Feb 26, 2016
    This game is AWESOME!, many will think this is just an HD version of 3D Land for the 3ds, but this is an entirely different beast.

STORY: The story is somewhat original, instead of bowser kidnapping princess peach, this time the sprixies (which are like some sort of fairy) are the ones that are getting kidnapped and it's up to you to help them. PRESENTATION: Super Mario 3D World is

PRESENTATION: Super Mario 3D World is the first 3D mario game to be in HD and the change is very noticeable. Everything here is good on the eyes, the 60 fps, 1080p, the colors, the incredible soundtrack, the animations, the models, everything in this game is great on the eyes.

GAMEPLAY: In this game there is a lot of power-ups, of course you have the typical, mushroom, fire flower, stars, and all of that, but now we have some power ups from 3D land to, like the boomerang flower and the tanooki suit, but now we have a cat suit that lets you climb walls and attack enemies with your claws, the cherry which duplicates you, and the cannon, which...lets you fire cannonballs.
    Much like the new super mario bros, you have some collectables in every stage, you have green stars which let's you unlock some world that require a set number of stars to play and the stamps which...are only use to have a stamp collection...meh.
    This time around you get to play as 4 (5) playable characters, mario which is balanced in all his stats, luigi that can jump higher but has poor traction, Toad that is very fast but his jump is really bad and Peach which is slow but can hover for a bit, this adds a lot of variety to the game in terms of how you play, there is also another one, but i'll let you discover who it is.
    The levels are very well crafted and they all have something new to offer, all of them are very fun to play and offer a lot of variety, as well as the boss fight's which are genuinely challenging at times.
    There's also some mini games to play, like a slot machine, guess what challenges, challenge boxes that give you stars and captain toad section, where you play as captain toad and travel through a mini-stage that have puzzle elements, to complete this sections you have to collect 5 stars spread around the level, all of those things add a lot of variety to the game, there's also some other mini-games that i didn't mention but those would be a spoiler so i will pass out on those ones.
    The controls are great and the uses of the gamepad are not as horrible as many think.

Overall this game in terms of challenge, variety, duration, level design, bosses, polish and just being a fun and enjoyable game...this game is perfect, a masterpiece, not only as a platformer, but videogames in general.

It's a great game and a must have if you have a wii u or planning of having one. i'll give it a 10/10
  30. Mar 9, 2016
    Overall a very solid Mario game. I have little complaints for this game and the ones I do don't matter very much. If you have a Wii U then you need to buy this.
  31. Jun 19, 2014
    It's not groundbreaking, but it didn't have to be. SM3DW is my favorite Mario game so far and is one of the best titles on Wii U. This game is the epitome of Nintendo's innovation and creativity. It's full of fresh ideas and ingenious level design. You won't be disappointed
  32. Apr 16, 2015
    This game is real fun. It plays beautifully and is one of the master Wii U titles. It is good in single player and multiplayer with great levels. I have only one complaint for this masterpiece, but even this is tiny. To get to the boss battle in most, or if not, every world, you need to have enough green stars which is a bit annoying, but this can't stop me from giving this a 10/10. If youThis game is real fun. It plays beautifully and is one of the master Wii U titles. It is good in single player and multiplayer with great levels. I have only one complaint for this masterpiece, but even this is tiny. To get to the boss battle in most, or if not, every world, you need to have enough green stars which is a bit annoying, but this can't stop me from giving this a 10/10. If you are considering whether or not the Wii U is worth it, this game pretty much gives you the answer to that question. The Wii U is worth your money. Expand
  33. Feb 24, 2016
    ai esta o melhor jogo de plataforma do wii u. super mario 3D world. esse jogo é muito bom. esse é o primeiro mario 3D que da pra jogar com os amigos. ele tem uma ótima jogabilidade, telas criativas, ótima trilha sonora, novos poderes. só tem 2 coisas que me impedem de dar 10: 1 - não tem mais tempo ilimitado pra passar as telas, o que impede que você explore bem o senário. 2 - pra jogarai esta o melhor jogo de plataforma do wii u. super mario 3D world. esse jogo é muito bom. esse é o primeiro mario 3D que da pra jogar com os amigos. ele tem uma ótima jogabilidade, telas criativas, ótima trilha sonora, novos poderes. só tem 2 coisas que me impedem de dar 10: 1 - não tem mais tempo ilimitado pra passar as telas, o que impede que você explore bem o senário. 2 - pra jogar com mais gente não é tão bom como deveria ser. quanto mais você se afastar de seu parceiro, mais alta vai ficar a câmera, você só pode se distanciar até um certo ponto, eles poderia ter feito o jogo pra no máximo 2 jogadores, ai um ficava na tv e o outro no controle do wii u. assim cada um teria sua câmera. Expand
  34. Nov 28, 2013
    Absolutely beautiful and exciting game. Hands down one of the best games in the Mario series.. A lot of fun to play solo and even more fun to play with one or more friends. Creative level design and gorgeous scenery. A must buy for any Wii U owner.
  35. Mar 21, 2016
    This is certainly an excellent sequel to an already amazing game. As a matter of fact, I actually prefer this game over 3D land. Unlike 3D land, this game is pretty challenging. As a matter of fact, the very last stage in the game is the hardest Mario stage I've ever been through. The soundtrack is arguably the best in the series, the graphics... wow. They compare to the graphics of theThis is certainly an excellent sequel to an already amazing game. As a matter of fact, I actually prefer this game over 3D land. Unlike 3D land, this game is pretty challenging. As a matter of fact, the very last stage in the game is the hardest Mario stage I've ever been through. The soundtrack is arguably the best in the series, the graphics... wow. They compare to the graphics of the PS4 and Xbox One. And this is a Wii U game! A Wii U game! This is the plumber at his best. I can't say it can top Super Mario 64 as my favorite Mario game, but it comes pretty damn close Expand
  36. Jan 1, 2014
    When a game is as good as Super Mario 3D World, it's hard to think of the words that sums it up with sufficient accuracy. But I'll give it a go:

Nintendo's Game of the Year. This is a fresh installment to the Mario franchise, unleashing outstanding class and originality in one neat little package. It captures the very essence of platforming and makes it relevant for any age group, at any level of expertise, in single player or in multiplayer. A casual audience will love having their mates over for a bout in racing for the flag, while the hardcore gamers will have their hands full in trying to achieve 100% completion and setting personal bests for the online community to beat. For many, Super Mario 3D World is the game that justifies their purchase of a Wii U console, and it opens the minds of Wii U owners to fully see what the newest Nintendo home console is truly capable of.
  37. Oct 13, 2014
    Oh boy, this game is a much more ambitious version of Super Mario 3D Land, does it work?, hell yeah, it's fun, fast, and always presenting you with something different, the different gameplay styles with different characters adds a hell of a lot of replayablility to this game, the stamps you can collect in levels and then use in Miiverse posts was a great idea that really does pay off, theOh boy, this game is a much more ambitious version of Super Mario 3D Land, does it work?, hell yeah, it's fun, fast, and always presenting you with something different, the different gameplay styles with different characters adds a hell of a lot of replayablility to this game, the stamps you can collect in levels and then use in Miiverse posts was a great idea that really does pay off, the music is a thing of sheer wpicness all by itself, but then being pushed further by the best graphics on Wii U yet, I can go on and on, but the message would always be the same, the game RULES! Expand
  38. Dec 5, 2013
    Watch any trailer for this game and if you like what you see, know that it is every bit as fantastic as it looks. Excellently designed levels, tightly polished controls, colorful and delightful graphics. Any fan of platformers is sure to enjoy this game.
  39. Jan 1, 2014
    just like all the other reviews you've checked, this game is just great in every way you can imagine. It has wonderful controls, a variety of characters to choose from (Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach) beautiful visuals, an amazing soundtrack! i say if you own a Wii U, this is a game that you need to own.
  40. May 30, 2014
    A beautiful masterpiece with amazing sound and level design, this game is truly perfect and is one of the best 3D Mario games ever made, it improves upon 3D land in pretty much every way.
  41. Feb 27, 2014
    What many originally considered to be Super Mario 3.D. Land 2.0, Super Mario 3.D. World is an entirely different game, though uses the same formula...essentially mixing the worlds of both 2.D. and 3.D. Super Mario in one. The game is near flawless, with one issue that ends up being big enough for me to deduct an entire point. The camera during multiplayer is rather awful, it will causeWhat many originally considered to be Super Mario 3.D. Land 2.0, Super Mario 3.D. World is an entirely different game, though uses the same formula...essentially mixing the worlds of both 2.D. and 3.D. Super Mario in one. The game is near flawless, with one issue that ends up being big enough for me to deduct an entire point. The camera during multiplayer is rather awful, it will cause many lives lost and will cause much frustration among many. Super Mario 3.D. World has a lot of content and will provide many hours of entertainment. Expand
  42. Mar 22, 2015
    Sharpen your claws and get ready to pounce because Mario 3D World is here! When it was first revealed, I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical but thankfully, Nintendo has proved me wrong. Nearly every level introduces a great new concept from the cloning Double Cherries to speeding down a Mario Circuit-esque racetrack. The addition of four (and a secret) playable characters makes the game haveSharpen your claws and get ready to pounce because Mario 3D World is here! When it was first revealed, I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical but thankfully, Nintendo has proved me wrong. Nearly every level introduces a great new concept from the cloning Double Cherries to speeding down a Mario Circuit-esque racetrack. The addition of four (and a secret) playable characters makes the game have that much more replay value! I'd still rather have Power Stars but flagpoles and world maps are fine with me. Expand
  43. Nov 10, 2015
    Super Mario 3D World has all the hallmarks of a fantastic Mario platformer: new endearing characters, fantastic level design, outstanding music and top drawer visuals. What's missing though is originality as this is not much more than an slightly upgraded port to the 3DS's Super Mario 3D Land that was released just two years prior. Luckily for us, 3D Land was a great 2.5D adventure, andSuper Mario 3D World has all the hallmarks of a fantastic Mario platformer: new endearing characters, fantastic level design, outstanding music and top drawer visuals. What's missing though is originality as this is not much more than an slightly upgraded port to the 3DS's Super Mario 3D Land that was released just two years prior. Luckily for us, 3D Land was a great 2.5D adventure, and 3D World follows in its footsteps as a quality title. But it just misses the mark from being a definitive Wii U Mario title. Expand
  44. Feb 8, 2015
    I wrote this game off as "another Mario game". An HD version of 3D land. A cat-themed gimmick.

I was dead wrong. I got it bundled with my wii U, and what I got was magical. This game is something special, it really is. Never before has Mario felt so fresh, so new, so challenging, so beautiful (maybe in galaxy), so... Jazzy. It's snappy, it's clear, it's a blast with friends or by yourself. It's hard, really hard sometimes but never unfair. You'll learn to love the later challenges, and it starts so easy you won't ever be mad.

It's gorgeous, it makes you ooh and ah more than anything on your PS3 or even PS4. Don't write off the Wii U as a console, this machine as I discovered is a real powerhouse when it wants to be. Plus the memory is expandable with whatever you like instead of having to buy right from sony or anything, so you can just plug it into your PC hard drive or anything and be set to go.

This game will make you fall in love with Mario. It'll make you hum its tune at the bus stop, bring you and your friends together. It's a downright magical experience that reminds us all exactly why Mario is so very important to us all.
  45. Jul 15, 2014
    The natural evolution of the platformer. Super Mario 3D World is one of the defining games of this generation. Sure, it isn't "innovative" like the Galaxy games, but this is a good thing. Not needing to devote time to unique perspective shifts or motion control allowed for time spent honing control and level design to a fine art. Each playable character feels different enough to beThe natural evolution of the platformer. Super Mario 3D World is one of the defining games of this generation. Sure, it isn't "innovative" like the Galaxy games, but this is a good thing. Not needing to devote time to unique perspective shifts or motion control allowed for time spent honing control and level design to a fine art. Each playable character feels different enough to be distinct, and the art style and music give the game a fantastic vibrancy few games have today. An utter delight to play. Expand
  46. Jan 15, 2014
    All the vibrant fun of the best Mario games but none of the frustrations. Having said that there is something else missing, a challenge. Nintendo has walked the thin line between pleasing existing fans and attracting new fans who may be put off by a higher difficulty level. The problem isn't that the game is too easy but that there is rarely any risk or reward in anything that you do.All the vibrant fun of the best Mario games but none of the frustrations. Having said that there is something else missing, a challenge. Nintendo has walked the thin line between pleasing existing fans and attracting new fans who may be put off by a higher difficulty level. The problem isn't that the game is too easy but that there is rarely any risk or reward in anything that you do.

Coins used to be collected to gain extra lives, now it's just for fun. Yes you still get extra lives but what's the point when you get infinite continues?

A big thing is made of hitting the top of the flag pole but you can cheat by storing a cat suit until the end of the level and then just climbing to the top.

Early levels are particularly easy and most can be 100% completed on a first attempt. The difficulty does get ramped up towards the end but it takes a long time in coming. The games longevity relies less on replayability and more on the sheer amount of worlds and levels it has. On three occasions I thought I was on the last world only to find there was more. At the time of writing this I have clocked well over 20 hours of play time and still have a few more stamps and green stars to collect.

So yes it's a bit easy, at no point did I find my heart beating faster. But I still enjoyed every second of it. It's one of those games that when your not playing it your thinking about playing it. It's a game full of charm and subtle comic moments. Mario camps it up beautifully by meowing while mincing around in an adorable yellow cat onesie. The graphics look great in HD and the fantastic soundtrack combine to make a great overall package.
  47. Nov 23, 2013
    Got this game yesterday, LOVE IT!!! The last time I bought a mario game was super mario galaxy,and this game just brought me back to the series. The graphics and visuals in this is absolutely gorgeous, everything looks great in HD!! The gameplay, if you love super mario for the 3ds and new super mario wii u then you will love this game!! Almost identical gameplay but with a few niceGot this game yesterday, LOVE IT!!! The last time I bought a mario game was super mario galaxy,and this game just brought me back to the series. The graphics and visuals in this is absolutely gorgeous, everything looks great in HD!! The gameplay, if you love super mario for the 3ds and new super mario wii u then you will love this game!! Almost identical gameplay but with a few nice touches that makes this game wonderful. Can't wait to invite my friends over to play this game tomorrow, if your a mario fan, GET THIS GAME!!! Expand
  48. Nov 23, 2013
    The best Mario game so far. Why? Because it has more content than ALL the Mario games combined to this date, and it has a lot of replay value. Graphics: 7/10 Music: 9/10 Gameplay: 10/10 Story: 10/10 Replay Value: 9/10 Length of the game: 8/10 Controllers: 9/10 OVERALL: 8.85 (rounded to 9) BONUS FOR BEING THE BEST MARIO GAME UP TO DATE (+1) 10/10
  49. Oct 1, 2015
    A modern day classic. An excellent game for adults and children alike.

Excellent graphics. Excellent level design. A joy to play with good use of the WII U controller.
  50. Nov 22, 2013
    It's launch day, so I may be rushing to judgement here, but up through the first half of the game this has to be one of the best platformers ever made. The 4-player co-op is even better than in New Super Mario Bros. because there is more space for a casual player to keep safe while the experienced gamers lead the way. As is typical for a Mario game, the levels start off very easy but rampIt's launch day, so I may be rushing to judgement here, but up through the first half of the game this has to be one of the best platformers ever made. The 4-player co-op is even better than in New Super Mario Bros. because there is more space for a casual player to keep safe while the experienced gamers lead the way. As is typical for a Mario game, the levels start off very easy but ramp up in difficulty as it progresses. The level variety and design is just the best in the industry. The double cherry power ups alone are a brilliant and well-executed idea worthy of a whole game: in some levels you can control a huge amount of clones by collecting cherries. It works amazingly well and controlling all of the clones at once is actually manageable and intuitive. If you're all about the gameplay and don't care about realistic graphics or storyline, there isn't any better game on the market. I'm saying this as someone who owns an Xbox and Playstation, too. I have plenty of games to play right now, but there's nothing I'd rather play over this. Expand
  51. Jan 1, 2014
    This is the best mario game since galaxy Super mario 3d world is an outstanding game it fantastic in every aspect it's creative and the game is extremely fun
  52. Oct 9, 2015
    When the first 3D mario game was announced I couldn't wait but when they finally did it kind of disapointed me. I was looking for a new idea something that would take this series to the next level but we got a sequel to the great super mario 3D land. The second this game was put in my Wii u, I knew I was going to love this adventure. Super mario 3D world starts out differently than most,When the first 3D mario game was announced I couldn't wait but when they finally did it kind of disapointed me. I was looking for a new idea something that would take this series to the next level but we got a sequel to the great super mario 3D land. The second this game was put in my Wii u, I knew I was going to love this adventure. Super mario 3D world starts out differently than most, instead of kidnapping peach, Bowser instead kidnapps a group of small fairies called sprixies and imprisons them in glass bottles. So mario, luigi, peach and toad set off on a new adventure in search of the sprixies to put an end to bowsers plan. Each character has their own playstyle, mario is balanced, luigi jumps higher, toad runs faster and peach can float for a short time. The level design is out of this world and boasts amazing graphics to boot. The 4 player mode isn't as hectic as new super mario bros and the person who gets the most points gets a crown which boasts both cooperative and competitive play. The levels also hold 3 green star collectables and a sticker so try and collect them. So to conclude this game is a marvel and if you love mario you have to have this game. Expand
  53. Nov 22, 2013
    How could you complain about a game like this?? Seriously its pure FUN from beginning to end. Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing, the visuals are astounding and the multiplayer is actually pretty darn good. Its a perfect game for a system that needed a game like this. Its a system-seller.
  54. Feb 28, 2014
    Super Mario 3D World is phenomenal, and worthy to stand amongst some of 2013's best.

First of all, I think we need to all get one thing straight… This IS NOT, the greatest Mario game of all time. It think people are getting a little too ahead of themselves when they put that title on the game. However, is it the greatest Multiplayer Mario experience of all time? Absolutely. If you've

If you've played Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS, you've played this game, and that is in no way a criticism. Both games play wonderfully.
    Aside from a few new abilities, notably the adorable cat suit, the games have a lot of the same features.

Something that struck me right from the get go, was that this game should be an example to why Wii U is great. Why Nintendo don't need the most powerful hardware on the market. They have some of the best designers in the world, and their artistic direction is so phenomenal that it puts so called "triple A" games to shame.

If you want to best couch co-op experience of 2013 and most likely 2014, look no further.

A 9 out of 10.

Jack Valentine
  55. Nov 30, 2013
    It took exactly one year and four days after the console's launch, but the Wii U finally has a must-own, must-play title that will be remembered for years to come. Combining elements from virtually every Mario 2D and 3D platformer before it, Super Mario 3D World is both a celebration of the series' past and a refreshing new take on the tried-and-true formula. You will be tempted to playIt took exactly one year and four days after the console's launch, but the Wii U finally has a must-own, must-play title that will be remembered for years to come. Combining elements from virtually every Mario 2D and 3D platformer before it, Super Mario 3D World is both a celebration of the series' past and a refreshing new take on the tried-and-true formula. You will be tempted to play through the entire main game in just a few sittings, but there's plenty more to do after that especially for completionists and those who like a serious challenge. I never stop smiling while playing this game, and I don't think you will, either. Expand
  56. Jan 6, 2014
    this game is a perfect 10/10 nice graphics great gameplay the 3D elements add a nice touch the cat-mario and other new suits add some more fun to an already amazing franchise many consider it to be the best mario since mario 64 i totally agree definitely a must own for the wii u id recommend a wii u for this game alone
  57. Nov 11, 2014
    This is my favourite Mario game ever. The visuals are stunning, the multiplayer works incredibly well and good times are sure to be had. If you own a wii u, you have to own this game.
  58. Apr 11, 2014
    Super Mario Bros. 2 + Super Mario 64 = Great game. Congratulations, Nintendo, you've done it again. Keep up. There are some more great Wii U games to come.
  59. Jan 14, 2014
    Nintendo never fails when the things is their main titles. Super Mario 3D World is not exception. The game is very good, the graphics are amazing and very well detailed, it really shows what the Wii U is capable of. Galaxy 2 had amazing graphics, but 3D World is better in every way possible. Super Mario 3D World's main gimmick is the "3D exploration but with a 2D feeling", like it'sNintendo never fails when the things is their main titles. Super Mario 3D World is not exception. The game is very good, the graphics are amazing and very well detailed, it really shows what the Wii U is capable of. Galaxy 2 had amazing graphics, but 3D World is better in every way possible. Super Mario 3D World's main gimmick is the "3D exploration but with a 2D feeling", like it's precessor Super Mario 3D Land. 3D World feels like a classic game, but with a modern touch. There is 4 playable characters to choose from. Each one of them have their own skills and you really fell that when you play the game, each character feels different when you play. Nintendo once again challenge players with level exploration in order to find secrets and stamps. The game rewards you for exploration and that is a very good thing is games. The levels feels gimmicky all the time, each level has something unique to see and do. Power-ups works pretty nice and the new Cat Bell, while it sounds weird, still a lot of fun to use. Bosses, however, are kinda a disappointment, they suffer from the "find the weak point, hit it 3 times" cliche and most of the time, it isn't fun, it is just boring. But still, the game is a lot of fun and finding all the stamps isn't an easy task and you keep coming back for more. Let's just hope that Nintendo continues with this formula to the next titles. Expand
  60. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  61. Jun 5, 2014
    One of the most fun games you can play with three other people of any age. It's a great teamwork game, and not everyone has to be at the same level of playing skill to have a great time. There are some really creative worlds, it's a blast.
  62. Dec 3, 2013
    The Wii should have never existed and the Wii U should have came out first. This game was long over due. I haven't played a Mario game that I have enjoyed since Mario Sunshine. This game is a brand new way to play Mario. All the New Super Mario games are all old school played. Each level on SM3DW brings new and innovating experiences. I enjoyed each an every stage. There are peopleThe Wii should have never existed and the Wii U should have came out first. This game was long over due. I haven't played a Mario game that I have enjoyed since Mario Sunshine. This game is a brand new way to play Mario. All the New Super Mario games are all old school played. Each level on SM3DW brings new and innovating experiences. I enjoyed each an every stage. There are people out there doesn't like the small things that a Mario game brings, but it's not enough to throw this game out your holiday list. if you have a Wii U, this is a must have game!

Instagram: Game_Row
  63. PMG
    Jan 12, 2014
    This game... Blew my expectations! With four players, this game becomes the god of COOP Mario games, there are so many power ups and most of all, it is just so fun! It is easy in places, but it is a charming and color full experience among the best Mario games ever made!
  64. Oct 19, 2014
    Wow, words cannot describe how amazing this game turned out! I have played many Mario games, from the original game from the 70s to this. This one has to be the 2nd best (1st is the original).
  65. Nov 25, 2015
    Very great game! Although it was REALLY stressful at the end but I spent almost 100 hours on this collecting everything! A must get game if you're a nintendo fan!
  66. Nov 24, 2013
    This game is pure fun when it comes to games. If you own a wii u or know a friend who does then you better give this one a buy/checkout. The Mario franchise is one that constantly brings fun to the table for everyone of all ages, and they continue to bring something new to the table to keep you on your feet unlike other franchises out there that are just rehashes of the game before itThis game is pure fun when it comes to games. If you own a wii u or know a friend who does then you better give this one a buy/checkout. The Mario franchise is one that constantly brings fun to the table for everyone of all ages, and they continue to bring something new to the table to keep you on your feet unlike other franchises out there that are just rehashes of the game before it with just a polish of hd/better graphics.... *cough cough* CALL OF DUTY!!!

Need I say more to you fellow metacritics and stumbleons of this site?
    Multiplayer on this has never been so fun. I haven't had this much fun playing with friends since horde mode on Gears of war 3. Also the multiplayer flows perfectly and is less chaotic than super mario bros U.

With all the new console releases Nintendo has been left in the dust because other consoles bragging about graphics, TV, internet, fantasy football and of course the arguing over who is the real system for gamers.

Xbox one upset many people with its policies that were similair to steam, but in result changed their minds to keep the hate off, but still has a high price to own one, while 4% of owners of this new console are having difficulties reading games on their drives even after the "day one" update.

Playstation 4 took the crowds by their honeyed words while talking bad about Xbox the whole time like a jealous friend who saw the chance to steal the thunder. "hey you know that one thing xbone does that you hate? well we do the opposite!!!, yeah don't forget that... i mean yeah they got cool looking games but we're truly for gamers". And right now ps4 is also have some HDMI display problems out of a small percentage of those who bought it. Not to mention I would say PS4 is being an "Indian giver" about its policies at the moment just check it out.....

Anyways, sorry to go on about that, I know we've seen too much of these guys go at it for a while.
    Nintendo right now is the underdog in these consoles that has more hate than praise and you know I don't know why.

PS4 and Xbone this generation truly aren't about the gamers they are about the Graphics.
    If you give wii u a chance and don't let the badgers get to you then you will see that this system was truly made for gamers.

On to Mario! Like I said this game is fun to play solo and co op with a less chaotic feature. The game looks beautiful and crisp in its Hd nature and textures are smooth. Powerups in this game will have you wanting more of the game. Nostalgia yes!! and for beginners who have never played mario will fall in love.

The game also features some beginner friendly options for those who need it, so this game is perfect for everyone!!!

The only thing this game needs is the ability to invite your online friends in an open world to play with.

If you want a new console and feel like $399 and $499 are way too much on top of games then I will say go for the wii u because the price dropped to $299, the graphics are great, the games are superior, not to mention 3rd party launches look great like AC4, ZombiU and many more....... JUST GET A WII U!!!

Play this game!!! you will not regret it!! I know for the hardcore fans this isn't Mario Galaxy but as far as a mario game goes it deserves a 10!! I'm positive they'll make a new mario galaxy game in the future because you know what Nintendo actually listens to their consumers.

If Nintendo was a meme it would be "good guy greg". Great games, free online and much much more!!!
    Give nintendo some support and ignore the haters. NINTENDO'S GETTIN BACK TO ITS ROOTS BABY!!!
  67. Dec 8, 2015
    This is one of the best games in Wii U. The level design is surprisingly good, it's so creative and simple! This is a game that makes you happy, it's a promise! You get the same good feeling like the other Mario games.

Finally a game that has soundtrack with other genres (most jazzy) instead of crappy mainstream "daily-over-used" orchestra, finally... And the best of all: Local Co-Op multiplayer! You can have fun with this game alone, but it's better with your friends.

And yes, this game have good graphics and sounds, nice controls and that addictive feeling.

68. Oct 5, 2015
    I had a lot of expectations going in for the next 3D Mario game on Wii-U. After Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii, its just incredible how excited I was for the next step, given Wii-U was Nintendo's first HD console. When I saw 3D World for the first time I was disappointed, it did not seemed like the next real step, but a step backwards and after playing the game I cant really say that I wasI had a lot of expectations going in for the next 3D Mario game on Wii-U. After Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii, its just incredible how excited I was for the next step, given Wii-U was Nintendo's first HD console. When I saw 3D World for the first time I was disappointed, it did not seemed like the next real step, but a step backwards and after playing the game I cant really say that I was wrong, 3D World does not take Mario to new heights. Yet, I cant deny either that the game did surprised me, because despite being simpler in concept and design, it is undeniable how hugely entertaining the game was. I couldn't stop playing it! The reason for that, comes in hand with the fact that it still shares some of the same principles of the Galaxy games, and that is being varied, creative and fast. The game just throws you new ideas and mechanics at an alarming pace, and there are so many, with such few repetition that at the end it also feels like some of them could have had another go, but the game almost never repeats itself, and that makes it incredibly enjoyable and addicting seeing how it is impossible to know what would come next, even if the final objective of every level is to reach the flagpole at the end. Add in an incredible jazzy soundtrack, some of the best power-ups in series history, very pretty graphics (if short of what I imagined they could be on a next gen Mario game), and some nice and very welcomed challenging levels and you got a game that despite not being what everybody wanted, is still a game everyone should want! Go buy it!! Expand
  69. May 27, 2016
    After initially giving this game a 10, giving it a pass on its lack of depth and story compared to other 3D Mario games, I'm going to bring it down to a 9. Super Mario 3D World is fantastic, with great graphics, level design, and multiplayer. But the game is held back from being as good as Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy by its linearity. That being said however, this is a must buy for anyAfter initially giving this game a 10, giving it a pass on its lack of depth and story compared to other 3D Mario games, I'm going to bring it down to a 9. Super Mario 3D World is fantastic, with great graphics, level design, and multiplayer. But the game is held back from being as good as Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy by its linearity. That being said however, this is a must buy for any Wii U owners. Expand
  70. Aug 24, 2015
    This game is awesome! Every level is fun, fresh, and creative. The graphics are great, possibly the best so far on the Wii-U. The music is so catchy. You will humming some songs all day long. The game is never repetitive so it never becomes boring. This game has so many pros but there is one con… The game is pretty easy. But just because the game is easy doesn't mean that it's not funThis game is awesome! Every level is fun, fresh, and creative. The graphics are great, possibly the best so far on the Wii-U. The music is so catchy. You will humming some songs all day long. The game is never repetitive so it never becomes boring. This game has so many pros but there is one con… The game is pretty easy. But just because the game is easy doesn't mean that it's not fun because as I've said, it is. This game will keep you occupied for a long time. Expand
  71. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is one of the best Mario games I have played. It is totally worth buying because all the levels are really good fun and there is lots of new things added to the game. I really like the cat suit because you can run up walls, you can do dive attacks and use your claws to attack. It is really good that they added Pellise back into the game. You can also play as Princess Peach andThis game is one of the best Mario games I have played. It is totally worth buying because all the levels are really good fun and there is lots of new things added to the game. I really like the cat suit because you can run up walls, you can do dive attacks and use your claws to attack. It is really good that they added Pellise back into the game. You can also play as Princess Peach and she can her hover from a short distance. Mario is still the most skilful, Luigi can jump up high and Toad can run fast.

It doesn't have coin rush and time limit races or little mini-games but it was still heaps of fun to play.
  72. Nov 22, 2013
    Nintendo done again

Super Mario 3D world, is absolute amazing this game is fantastic in all possible aspects

If you love games you need to buy a WiiU and play this game
  73. May 31, 2015
    mario 3dworld es un juego brillante en todos sus espectos, despues del genial mario galaxy la vara estaba muy alta, pero nintendo la hizo otra ves, mario3dworld es una obra maestra, a reiventado los plataformas 3d nuevamente la mescla entre 2d y 3d hacen del juego muy innovador, los nuevos trajes de gato kawai, me hacen sacar una sonrisa y alegria de que aun se pueden hacer joyas, y crearmario 3dworld es un juego brillante en todos sus espectos, despues del genial mario galaxy la vara estaba muy alta, pero nintendo la hizo otra ves, mario3dworld es una obra maestra, a reiventado los plataformas 3d nuevamente la mescla entre 2d y 3d hacen del juego muy innovador, los nuevos trajes de gato kawai, me hacen sacar una sonrisa y alegria de que aun se pueden hacer joyas, y crear mecanicas unicas, escalar y jugar con varios amigos es una locura, la musica es brillante atletic y double cherry mis favoritas, la dificultad ese jodido nivel la prueba final para los campeones me hizo sudar, los minijuegos de capitan toad dieron mas rejugabilidad y la cantidad de niveles y extrellas repartidas me hicieron gozar de maravilla, mario la vuelve hacer y nintendo demuestra por que es la mejor desarrolladora, a disfrutar!! Expand
  74. Feb 21, 2014
    perfection in a 3d mario game. this is a real piece of art, the game stands on its own as one of the very best mario games ever released. an absolutly huge amount of levels and content, collectibles and hidden secrets make this game a real joy to play, and then play through again. if you own a wii-u then you have to have this game.
  75. May 24, 2015
    This is probably my least favorite console 3D mario game, but I like it better than any 2D mario game. Between the excellently crafted gameplay, amazing music, and impressive visuals, this game takes the vanilla mario experience and makes it what Nintendo dreamed of in 1986.
  76. Nov 23, 2013
    Nintendo ace Super Mario 3D World is the best AAA title would never quit playing this. a complete family entertainment that just brings more joy Nintendo is the king of gaming indeed. i'm a ps3 owner the reason for wii u is this particular game. bring on more super Mario :D would had given more than 10 if possible
  77. Dec 25, 2014
    A very underated game. It has a great art style and theme to it. Levels are quick, but offers an enormous replayability to them. The content offered in the game is so diverse and amazing. Best mario game flr the wii u so far!
  78. Jan 26, 2014
    This is a solid Mario platformer who, for the most part, is very entertaining and fun. There are, in my opinion, some noticeable downsides however.

At times the camera feels a bit unnatural for what is supposed to be a 3d game, so there were quite a few instances where I fell off certain objects and areas and died. This can at times be so frustrating that it interferes with the fun you're supposed to have.
    It would maybe have been a title better suited for the 3ds, so you could turn on the 3d-effect, and that way it would be much easier to see where you land after a jump in hectic environments.

Another thing is the timer, it just kills the joy of exploring and isn't very suited for a 3d-Mario game. That way you'll have to rush through the levels and won't have the time to sink in the oftentimes beautiful environments.
    There's just something about this game that makes me miss that 3d-Mario magic, especially from Mario Galaxy. I believe the 3ds title, Mario 3d Land was a better effort than this game, as it felt perfectly suited for the hardware it was released for.

But for the most part I had very much fun playing this game, and there are some memorable levels that comes to mind and makes me smile when I think of them. So if you're a Mario fan, or just like platformers in general, I'm pretty sure you'll find much enjoyment in this game, but don't expect it to be as good as Mario Galaxy.
  79. Jul 31, 2014
    Best game on the Wii U. As challenging and addictive as the Mario games before. This is actually my favourite release since Mario 64. Enjoyed collecting all the stars.
  80. Aug 22, 2014
    O.M.G i love this game it's not just my favourite mario game it's my favourite game of all time the music, the graphics the level design are all fantastic the story is meh i love the cat suit, double cherry, multiplayer, special worlds ecepet fire flower, characters are perfect bosses are perfect and is THE best sounding mario game EVER!
  81. Oct 27, 2014
    Super Mario 3D World offers a very good experience for those fans who prefer the 2D Mario series and those ones who prefer the 3D. Charming look, flawless controls, nice challenge and a nostalgic adventure is the stuff that awaits you in this game,
  82. Nov 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game for the Wii U! The best thing about it is that Rosalina is a playable character! It also easy to unlock her! The game is a great 3D platforming game, and it also mixes in some 2D parts. Great game. Expand
  83. Nov 22, 2013
    The best game for Wii U so far since it's launch. Super Mario 3D World not only entertained me, but amazed me, with it's creativity of new levels, new power-ups, and even Miiverse functions. Although the first few worlds were a piece of cake, the last few and special worlds will be a challenge to Mario veterans out there. The new power-ups are addicting to use, The Cat Suit is veryThe best game for Wii U so far since it's launch. Super Mario 3D World not only entertained me, but amazed me, with it's creativity of new levels, new power-ups, and even Miiverse functions. Although the first few worlds were a piece of cake, the last few and special worlds will be a challenge to Mario veterans out there. The new power-ups are addicting to use, The Cat Suit is very entertaining and hilarious to use, and the Double Cherry is a very popular item in my opinion and I love it when the number of me adds up. Overall, this is one of the best Mario games I've played for a long time, with it's creativity, well done level design, tributes to other games (ex Super Mario Bros. 2), Peach is PLAYABLE, and more. This surely should help boost the Wii U sales, and definitely is the thing I will be playing all month instead of the Xbox One. Expand
  84. Feb 12, 2014
    Not as epic as say, Super Mario Galaxy, but still just as a charming, beautiful, cleverly crafted game. The stages in this game are short, but all of them have 3 green stars, one stamp, and you have to get to the top of the flag at the end of each level to 100% the game, which almost doubles the length of gameplay, and makes it much harder. And it's a ton of fun to play with friends, orNot as epic as say, Super Mario Galaxy, but still just as a charming, beautiful, cleverly crafted game. The stages in this game are short, but all of them have 3 green stars, one stamp, and you have to get to the top of the flag at the end of each level to 100% the game, which almost doubles the length of gameplay, and makes it much harder. And it's a ton of fun to play with friends, or race against ghosts of other players. Expand
  85. Dec 24, 2013
    Hand's down the biggest reason to buy a WII U this year is for Super Mario 3D World.

It's one of the first games I've played in awhile that has me coming back to more. It's simplistic style which focuses on unique level design and creative concepts is what pushes this games light year of ahead of others. This maybe the best Mario game to date, even bypassing Galaxies. Not one

This maybe the best Mario game to date, even bypassing Galaxies.

Not one concept gets over used, and with over what appears to be 80-100 levels, there's a lot of content.

The game offers a great multiplayer experience with the urge to want to 100% this game. Posting with stamps on Mii verse is a great touch, and seeing other players "ghosts" as you play a level is much deserved.

The only downfall is it lacks some online features. The game would work perfectly if you could connect to other games. Also it could use online challenges see games like Raymen Legends )

It's clear that gameplay and level design with where all the time and money went into and it will be notice for years to come.

86. Nov 23, 2013
    Is this the greatest 3D mario game ever?
    It may not be. But still it's a perfect game, you can always trust a mario game.
    The one game that makes the Wii U a must-have console, and it's the first of many to come.
  87. May 25, 2016
    One of the best Mario games I've played since Super Mario World (snes). If you own a Wii U you'd be doing yourself a disservice in not buying this.

88. Nov 23, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World. A game that originally started out as looking bland and boring, is now a game being considered better then Galaxy. With immersive orchestrated music, rich level design and now in HD, the game not only looks amazing, but sounds and feels amazing as well. Now with 4 player co-op, you can also enjoy it with your friends. Despite this game being a some what sequel to 3DSuper Mario 3D World. A game that originally started out as looking bland and boring, is now a game being considered better then Galaxy. With immersive orchestrated music, rich level design and now in HD, the game not only looks amazing, but sounds and feels amazing as well. Now with 4 player co-op, you can also enjoy it with your friends. Despite this game being a some what sequel to 3D Land, the game feels almost fresh and new. It basically is! 10/10. Expand
  89. Nov 22, 2014
    Better than 3D Land, and 3D Land was good. It has more levels than 3D Land, 4 players, more inspired than 3D Land, more power-ups and better ones- yeah. I also 100% this game, it is that good. Well, I did not beat every level with every character. Not the hardest plat former (besides World Crown) but a memorable game with excellent music and multiplayer. There's only so many times you canBetter than 3D Land, and 3D Land was good. It has more levels than 3D Land, 4 players, more inspired than 3D Land, more power-ups and better ones- yeah. I also 100% this game, it is that good. Well, I did not beat every level with every character. Not the hardest plat former (besides World Crown) but a memorable game with excellent music and multiplayer. There's only so many times you can see Boom Boom though before he gets old. Expand
  90. Dec 3, 2015
    Este game consegue ser tão excepcional quanto o tradicional. É um belo game, além de ser desafiante na medida certa. Trilha sonora impecável. Jogar com Co-op é muito divertido, simplesmente fantástico. O primeiro grande exclusivo que o Wii U recebeu continua incrível até hoje.
  91. Aug 17, 2015
    Juego de Mario entretenido y colorido, le faltaron varios jefes finales, como varios hijos de bowser, el detalle en cada nivel es fabuloso , la música acompaña bien. un juego infaltable en tu colección de wii u!
  92. Sep 21, 2015
    I honestly have trouble finding fault in Super Mario 3D World. A fantastic game and a much-needed fresh take on a Mario platformer. In my opinion, a must-have for any Wii U owner.
  93. Jan 7, 2015
    I will come clean - I adore Mario. To me, Mario is videogames. No other character embodies the essence of gaming more. So any half-decent Mario game always has a good chance of being one of my favourite games of any given year. But with Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo EAD went above and beyond and constructed something which overlaps perfectly my template for a sensational videogame. ItI will come clean - I adore Mario. To me, Mario is videogames. No other character embodies the essence of gaming more. So any half-decent Mario game always has a good chance of being one of my favourite games of any given year. But with Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo EAD went above and beyond and constructed something which overlaps perfectly my template for a sensational videogame. It hooked me from start to excruciating, five-and-a-half hours' worth of solid attempts final-level finish.

Let me take you back in time, to 1997. The move from the 16-bit era to the 32/64-bit one was the biggest shift gaming has known. It was the dawn of 3D games. At that time, the new kid on the block, the Sony PlayStation, was surprisingly trouncing SEGA's Saturn sales-wise, but the one we'd all been waiting for, Nintendo's new N64, was on the horizon. And, more excitingly than the console itself, its flagship title, Super Mario 64. I personally don't recall anticipating any one individual game more. The screenshots I pored over, the magazines I bought just to get a little bit more information on this brave new world, just envisaging how it would feel to play it. It was a combination of being at the perfect age and the mindblowing prospect of what was to come - a Mario game in 3D. I could scarcely imagine what wonders it could bring.

After what seemed like forever, the day arrived and I finally got to play it. And at first, I was somehow disappointed. This wasn't Mario as I knew him. This wasn't really a platformer. For all the awe of being able to command Mario's myriad of new techniques and explore Peach's castle in three dimensions, something had been lost. It was that tightness of control that only games played in a 2D plane can bring. In time I grew to love Mario 64 for what it is, this subtly different new genre of "3D platformer", a little less reflexes-based, a little more cerebral. It's still the finest example of that type of game even now, approaching 20 years later, and without question the most influential game of all time.

Super Mario 3D World is what my naive 14-year-old self from 1997 was expecting Super Mario 64 to be. This is a real platformer. The thrill of precision control, the focus of linear progression, the simple goal of discovery and collection, it's all here. The game features 8-way as opposed to true 360 degree control, which cuts down on the forced uncertainty of playing a game in a 3D world on a 2D TV screen. The title is so incredibly apt, at heart it really is Super Mario World in 3D, but in practice it's so much more. Some small part of me that's always remained troubled by what path the history of gaming took can now eventually be laid to rest.

The game contains a plethora of new ideas. The cat suit, the double cherry, the cannon block, the skating shoe, giant Mario, the pet piranha plant for gobbling baddies, the Boo-disintegrating torches, the multiplayer, the mystery houses, the Captain Toad levels, the 2D shadow sections, the stamps, the Miiverse integration, the Mario Kart level, the inventive bosses, controlling platforms by blowing into the gamepad's microphone, and Plessie the aquatic dinosaur, to name but a few. All of these have meaning, and are not just there for show. For example, with the double cherry (which creates duplicate Marios), Nintendo didn't feel that the enjoyment gleaned from controlling four or five Marios at the same time was enough, they actively work it into the level design - usually if you can survive a good distance with enough of the clones still intact you will be able to open up sections of the course unavailable to a lonely Mario. It's this marriage of invention and design which makes 3D World a cut above.

In the recent past, certain Mario titles have been guilty of trying to recreate the early games in a modern setup, but that was missing the spirit of Mario. The original NES and SNES games were so good because they brought something new to the table each time. They had to - they had very little to fall back on. This is Mario in 2013, and he's never felt more fresh. Where most games of this kind would be content to milk a new gameplay gimmick to death and base a whole game around it, 3D World bases a level or two around each one and then, when its purpose has been served, it discards it, ready to move onto the next new and exciting thing. Creative, compact, concentrated, and the most confident game I've ever played.

Super Mario 3D World is a real statement by Nintendo about the strength of their software teams. When they're at the height of their powers, nobody else comes close. Of all the landmark titles Mario has delivered throughout his history, this stands tall right up there near the peak. It compares more favourably with Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World than any game I ever imagined would get close to doing. It captured my heart in a way the Galaxy twins never managed. Make no mistake, this is one of the very best there has ever been.
  94. Dec 31, 2013
    Perfect in ways unlike the Galaxy series, 3D World is my game of the year. I went in quite skeptical but came away very pleased. The sheer amount of new game play mechanics is outstanding. Not to mention having a great soundtrack.
  95. Mar 30, 2014
    A sequel to Super Mario 3D Land, with a mixture of Super Mario Bros. 2, & elements taken from Super Mario Galaxy. Easily one of the best & most fun games I've ever played. I've definitely been proven wrong of how I thought this game could've been, but it's amazing. Wii U owners would be a fool to not buy this game.
  96. Dec 3, 2013
    Absolutely stunning game! Bright, lively, and vibrant environments, great level design, new, creative, and original worlds, and perhaps the single greatest power up in Mario history- The Super Bell, all add up to a great game. The four player mode is also a blast, and it is great to chose form the four different characters. I've been waiting for this since Super Mario Bros 2! All in all,Absolutely stunning game! Bright, lively, and vibrant environments, great level design, new, creative, and original worlds, and perhaps the single greatest power up in Mario history- The Super Bell, all add up to a great game. The four player mode is also a blast, and it is great to chose form the four different characters. I've been waiting for this since Super Mario Bros 2! All in all, great game! Expand
  97. Apr 28, 2014
    This game was beautiful and so much fun to play with friends and family. I know it's a kids game but it's ridiculously easy. The boss battles were very short and wasn't impressive. I was very satisfied playing it. This game is definitely a must buy. I bought the Wii-U for this! Was worth it.
  98. AGN
    Feb 7, 2015
    Basically, this is probably the most unique out of every Mario Game. It has improved co-op, graphics that felt like the most polished Nintendo game ever made, the interesting level design, and the way the characters have different abilities made this probably the best of the gen. Sure the camera can feel stretched out in multiplayer and not really an epic presentation, but at least it'sBasically, this is probably the most unique out of every Mario Game. It has improved co-op, graphics that felt like the most polished Nintendo game ever made, the interesting level design, and the way the characters have different abilities made this probably the best of the gen. Sure the camera can feel stretched out in multiplayer and not really an epic presentation, but at least it's another home run from Nintendo.

Rating: 9.7/10
    Grade: A
  99. Jun 29, 2016
    Super mario 3d world is a really good sequal for the galaxy series and it's even better with really good level design, music and good controlls. The game also supports multiplayer and it works great.

100. May 13, 2016
    When I first saw this game I thought it was a cheap Mario game and ignored it. Only years later did I end up playing it and I'm glad I did because it is one of the best co op games ever made and a damn fine Platformer that amazes with every single level.

1. Jan 28, 2015
    This game was yet another solid, fun-for-days title in the Mario series.
  2. Jul 25, 2014
    While not as revolutionary as Mario 64 or Galaxy, 3D World manages to feel simultaneously fresh and nostalgic in a way the New Super Mario Bros. series never quite realized.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    Mario Galaxies have finally gotten the follow up they so rightfully deserve. Fun, exciting and surprising, Super Mario 3D World is everything a good platformer needs to be. [Dec 2013]