9.0

1. Nov 22, 2013
    By far the funnest Mario game in years! I urge anyone with a wii u to purchase this game. This is pure AAA grade Nintendo gaming. The local multiplayer is an absolute blast anyone can join & leave whenever. Perfect game for families or hanging out with friends. Highly recommended!
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    It's launch day, so I may be rushing to judgement here, but up through the first half of the game this has to be one of the best platformers ever made. The 4-player co-op is even better than in New Super Mario Bros. because there is more space for a casual player to keep safe while the experienced gamers lead the way. As is typical for a Mario game, the levels start off very easy but rampIt's launch day, so I may be rushing to judgement here, but up through the first half of the game this has to be one of the best platformers ever made. The 4-player co-op is even better than in New Super Mario Bros. because there is more space for a casual player to keep safe while the experienced gamers lead the way. As is typical for a Mario game, the levels start off very easy but ramp up in difficulty as it progresses. The level variety and design is just the best in the industry. The double cherry power ups alone are a brilliant and well-executed idea worthy of a whole game: in some levels you can control a huge amount of clones by collecting cherries. It works amazingly well and controlling all of the clones at once is actually manageable and intuitive. If you're all about the gameplay and don't care about realistic graphics or storyline, there isn't any better game on the market. I'm saying this as someone who owns an Xbox and Playstation, too. I have plenty of games to play right now, but there's nothing I'd rather play over this. Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is pure platforming fun. Something everyone from every skill level can enjoy. Tons of power ups, innovative levels, art direction.. perfect controls. It's everything you want out of a Mario game. This is the real deal an excellent buy for anyone with a wii u.
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    Some of the best level design ever made in any platformer. The music, graphics, and sound are all great. So far this is the best game released all year.
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    How could you complain about a game like this?? Seriously its pure FUN from beginning to end. Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing, the visuals are astounding and the multiplayer is actually pretty darn good. Its a perfect game for a system that needed a game like this. Its a system-seller.
  6. Nov 23, 2013
    What can you say except for one of the greatest games I've ever played. From the fun power ups, to the amazing visuals, I had nothing but fun playing through this game. MUST HAVE, pick it up. I'm hoping it does get game of the year because this game deserves it.
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok I changed my mind. I was a Mario hater and a Wii U hater but now that i've played this game I realize that Nintendo is factually the greatest thing in the video game industry. The Xbox One and PS4 are disasters at launch and I completely regret buying both of them. Get a Wii U with this game instead. Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2013
    Nintendo done again

Super Mario 3D world, is absolute amazing this game is fantastic in all possible aspects

If you love games you need to buy a WiiU and play this game
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    super mario 3d world best 3d platformer game and very funny
    this game have beautiful graphic & gameplay & music
    every wiiu owners must take this
    tnx so much
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    I have to say that this is bordering on being the most FUN I had in a videogame in my almost 30 years of being a gamer. I hate the rampant overuse of the term "Next-Gen" but this game is truly Next-Gen, not only in graphics, but also in Game-Play which is the most difficult task to achieve for a developer. Insane amounts of Polish permeating everything from visuals to performance toI have to say that this is bordering on being the most FUN I had in a videogame in my almost 30 years of being a gamer. I hate the rampant overuse of the term "Next-Gen" but this game is truly Next-Gen, not only in graphics, but also in Game-Play which is the most difficult task to achieve for a developer. Insane amounts of Polish permeating everything from visuals to performance to control, jumping, speed and inertia with absolutely unbelievable wealth of ideas each one is more fun than the last, a total work of love reflecting almost infinite experience, dedication and passion. EAD, I am in a total loss of words, you are truly and deservedly the best in the world! You made me feel like a kid again and escape the harsh realities of the real world. Woohooooooooooo!!! Expand
  11. Nov 22, 2013
    This games is awesome! It´s gorgeous, truly beautiful. The gameplay is absolutely PERFECT: everything works great on this game. I loved the multiplayer, playing Mario with your family and friends hasn´t ever been so FUN. This game is a system seller. You must buy it today to have fun for years because the replay is just thrilling. C´mon we talking about the first 3D Mario HD game. Buy itThis games is awesome! It´s gorgeous, truly beautiful. The gameplay is absolutely PERFECT: everything works great on this game. I loved the multiplayer, playing Mario with your family and friends hasn´t ever been so FUN. This game is a system seller. You must buy it today to have fun for years because the replay is just thrilling. C´mon we talking about the first 3D Mario HD game. Buy it and PLAY IT! Expand
  12. Nov 22, 2013
    Probably the best Mario game since Mario Galaxy! it's so full of life and ideas. it's rich and fun with never a dull moment. And the co-op mode is a must try.
    I was quite worried for Nintendo lately but with this Mario they prove they are still capable of crafting little masterpieces.
  13. Jan 1, 2014
    When a game is as good as Super Mario 3D World, it's hard to think of the words that sums it up with sufficient accuracy. But I'll give it a go:

Nintendo's Game of the Year. This is a fresh installment to the Mario franchise, unleashing outstanding class and originality in one neat little package. It captures the very essence of platforming and makes it relevant for any age group, at any level of expertise, in single player or in multiplayer. A casual audience will love having their mates over for a bout in racing for the flag, while the hardcore gamers will have their hands full in trying to achieve 100% completion and setting personal bests for the online community to beat. For many, Super Mario 3D World is the game that justifies their purchase of a Wii U console, and it opens the minds of Wii U owners to fully see what the newest Nintendo home console is truly capable of.
  14. Dec 28, 2013
    The game scales from pretty easy to normal to hard to really hard at a nice pace. the game has a nice variation between long and short levels. playing single player will have you searching every part of a level looking for secrets and hidden goodies while multiplayer has this chaotic fun that only this game can bring out. it looks fantastic and the music matches that if not, surpasses it.The game scales from pretty easy to normal to hard to really hard at a nice pace. the game has a nice variation between long and short levels. playing single player will have you searching every part of a level looking for secrets and hidden goodies while multiplayer has this chaotic fun that only this game can bring out. it looks fantastic and the music matches that if not, surpasses it. it's a game that every wiiu owner should have. Expand
  15. Jan 14, 2014
    Nintendo never fails when the things is their main titles. Super Mario 3D World is not exception. The game is very good, the graphics are amazing and very well detailed, it really shows what the Wii U is capable of. Galaxy 2 had amazing graphics, but 3D World is better in every way possible. Super Mario 3D World's main gimmick is the "3D exploration but with a 2D feeling", like it'sNintendo never fails when the things is their main titles. Super Mario 3D World is not exception. The game is very good, the graphics are amazing and very well detailed, it really shows what the Wii U is capable of. Galaxy 2 had amazing graphics, but 3D World is better in every way possible. Super Mario 3D World's main gimmick is the "3D exploration but with a 2D feeling", like it's precessor Super Mario 3D Land. 3D World feels like a classic game, but with a modern touch. There is 4 playable characters to choose from. Each one of them have their own skills and you really fell that when you play the game, each character feels different when you play. Nintendo once again challenge players with level exploration in order to find secrets and stamps. The game rewards you for exploration and that is a very good thing is games. The levels feels gimmicky all the time, each level has something unique to see and do. Power-ups works pretty nice and the new Cat Bell, while it sounds weird, still a lot of fun to use. Bosses, however, are kinda a disappointment, they suffer from the "find the weak point, hit it 3 times" cliche and most of the time, it isn't fun, it is just boring. But still, the game is a lot of fun and finding all the stamps isn't an easy task and you keep coming back for more. Let's just hope that Nintendo continues with this formula to the next titles. Expand
  16. Feb 24, 2014
    I was very underwhelmed by 3D Land, and after seeing the first trailer for this game, it looked like a rather dull sequel. Fortunately, this couldn't be less true. This game takes the 3D Land concept and makes enormous improvements in every area. 3D Land's one new power up (the Boomerang Suit) has been replaced by about a dozen new ones here. With the Cat Suit, Double Cherry, Cannon Box,I was very underwhelmed by 3D Land, and after seeing the first trailer for this game, it looked like a rather dull sequel. Fortunately, this couldn't be less true. This game takes the 3D Land concept and makes enormous improvements in every area. 3D Land's one new power up (the Boomerang Suit) has been replaced by about a dozen new ones here. With the Cat Suit, Double Cherry, Cannon Box, Goomba Hat, and more, it feels like there's a new power up almost every level. The amount of variety here is insane - whereas 3D Land got boring and repetitive after awhile, every level in this game is fresh and completely different from the previous levels. This is the culmination of the best elements of New Super Mario Bros, 3D Land, and Mario Galaxy, with some brilliant original ideas and great new power ups as well. On top of all that, there's beautiful HD visuals, an excellent and completely original soundtrack, and the incredibly fun addition of 4-player multiplayer, which surprisingly works better here than in 2D Mario.

While it doesn't quite reach the incredible standard set by Mario Galaxy, this is still one of the most fun 3D platformers I've ever played and easily the best game of 2013.
  17. Jan 24, 2014
    Although the 93% maybe justified you never feel like you're playing a classic such as when playing Mario galaxy 2.some good idea's although it feels slightly outdated
  18. Jan 15, 2014
    All the vibrant fun of the best Mario games but none of the frustrations. Having said that there is something else missing, a challenge. Nintendo has walked the thin line between pleasing existing fans and attracting new fans who may be put off by a higher difficulty level. The problem isn't that the game is too easy but that there is rarely any risk or reward in anything that you do.All the vibrant fun of the best Mario games but none of the frustrations. Having said that there is something else missing, a challenge. Nintendo has walked the thin line between pleasing existing fans and attracting new fans who may be put off by a higher difficulty level. The problem isn't that the game is too easy but that there is rarely any risk or reward in anything that you do.

Coins used to be collected to gain extra lives, now it's just for fun. Yes you still get extra lives but what's the point when you get infinite continues?

A big thing is made of hitting the top of the flag pole but you can cheat by storing a cat suit until the end of the level and then just climbing to the top.

Early levels are particularly easy and most can be 100% completed on a first attempt. The difficulty does get ramped up towards the end but it takes a long time in coming. The games longevity relies less on replayability and more on the sheer amount of worlds and levels it has. On three occasions I thought I was on the last world only to find there was more. At the time of writing this I have clocked well over 20 hours of play time and still have a few more stamps and green stars to collect.

So yes it's a bit easy, at no point did I find my heart beating faster. But I still enjoyed every second of it. It's one of those games that when your not playing it your thinking about playing it. It's a game full of charm and subtle comic moments. Mario camps it up beautifully by meowing while mincing around in an adorable yellow cat onesie. The graphics look great in HD and the fantastic soundtrack combine to make a great overall package.
  19. Feb 22, 2014
    I wasn't so sure about this game prior to playing. My personal preference is more a classic 2D platformer. However, Nintendo has incorporated a slice of each of the classics and mashed it into an awesome 3D world... and it plays so well! Each level is somewhat unique, not overly challenging but not too easy either. Visuals are amazing. Soundtrack is very catchy, although slightlyI wasn't so sure about this game prior to playing. My personal preference is more a classic 2D platformer. However, Nintendo has incorporated a slice of each of the classics and mashed it into an awesome 3D world... and it plays so well! Each level is somewhat unique, not overly challenging but not too easy either. Visuals are amazing. Soundtrack is very catchy, although slightly repetitive. Overall fantastic game and a must have for Wii U and those who enjoy Mario platformers. Expand
  20. Dec 31, 2013
    Perfect in ways unlike the Galaxy series, 3D World is my game of the year. I went in quite skeptical but came away very pleased. The sheer amount of new game play mechanics is outstanding. Not to mention having a great soundtrack.
  21. Jan 1, 2014
    This is the best mario game since galaxy Super mario 3d world is an outstanding game it fantastic in every aspect it's creative and the game is extremely fun
  22. Dec 22, 2013
    mario, you never disappoint. i thought that this was gonna be super mario 3d land HD, but BOY I WS WRONG. this game is awesome. the multiplayer is crazy! the levels are different and have a gimmick that WORKS! i just love this game. if you like mario and you have a wii u, then GET THIS GAME!
  23. Jan 10, 2014
    BEST MARIO GAME to come out over the last 10 years! The family had a great time at Christmas playing 4 player mode and all skill levels of gamers had a blast and worked together. Not often can a game bring the whole family together to have a good laugh - thanks Nintendo!
  24. Dec 21, 2013
    MY GAME 2013

only the camera isnt good.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiooooooooo*_*
  25. Dec 31, 2013
    Like cute Mario games? Got friends?

BAM. The game for you. The simple 3D masterpiece of graphics is fun to play, easy for anyone, and almost enough content for hours of life to go by. It's less traditional, colorful, and appealing on the Wii U, and even if some say it is a game for younger children, it's not a bother to play. If you've got a Wii U, and you don't have much to play,
    Like cute Mario games? Got friends?

If you've got a Wii U, and you don't have much to play, this is for you. Wii U.
  26. Jan 1, 2014
    This Game is Amazing, the art style is so incredible, the gameplay is way far improved from 3D Land, the graphics, I don't really care for it but let's say they are perfect graphics for a Wii U game.
    Buy this game, It's the best Mario game now.
  27. Jan 7, 2014
    An amazing game that shows off the Nintendo magic. This game is a must-have for Wii U owners! It's fun and challenging to play alone, and if you prefer to have friends or family play, this game is all-around fun and relaxing. It is definitely one of the best Mario games to date, visually and game play-wise. The colors and art style are just stunning in this game, it'll have you admiring itAn amazing game that shows off the Nintendo magic. This game is a must-have for Wii U owners! It's fun and challenging to play alone, and if you prefer to have friends or family play, this game is all-around fun and relaxing. It is definitely one of the best Mario games to date, visually and game play-wise. The colors and art style are just stunning in this game, it'll have you admiring it even though you should be making your way through the level! and as well for the controls and innovations, which make the game even better.
    The game itself is a good amount of fun, but if you're one of those people that like 100% ing your games, this one will last quite a while.
    The game is just platforming perfection!
  28. Jan 8, 2014
    Everything about this game is borderline perfect. The level design is amazing, absurdly addicting with 3 or 4 players (seriously it's crazy), the music is very catchy and memorable (the Boo house theme is a really good piece) and it's just so much fun. This game is hands down one of the best games of the year and is an essential purchase for any Wii U owner.
  29. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is an absolute JOY to play. Lots of replayability value and lots of polish. Level design is amazing, and the gameplay is phenomenal. Don't miss this game.
  30. PMG
    Jan 12, 2014
    This game... Blew my expectations! With four players, this game becomes the god of COOP Mario games, there are so many power ups and most of all, it is just so fun! It is easy in places, but it is a charming and color full experience among the best Mario games ever made!

1. Jan 28, 2015
    This game was yet another solid, fun-for-days title in the Mario series.
  2. Jul 25, 2014
    While not as revolutionary as Mario 64 or Galaxy, 3D World manages to feel simultaneously fresh and nostalgic in a way the New Super Mario Bros. series never quite realized.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    Mario Galaxies have finally gotten the follow up they so rightfully deserve. Fun, exciting and surprising, Super Mario 3D World is everything a good platformer needs to be. [Dec 2013]