Super Mario 3D World Wii U

9.0

1. Apr 8, 2017
    Super Mario 3D World is one of the best video game sequels of the Mario franchise since Super Mario Galaxy 2. It's better than 3D Land to be precise. All thanks to its incredible gameplay, a lot of new power-ups to use, a lot of fun playable characters to play with, excellent graphics, clever designs, great musical soundtrack and improved boss battles over 3D Land. If you love 3D Land soSuper Mario 3D World is one of the best video game sequels of the Mario franchise since Super Mario Galaxy 2. It's better than 3D Land to be precise. All thanks to its incredible gameplay, a lot of new power-ups to use, a lot of fun playable characters to play with, excellent graphics, clever designs, great musical soundtrack and improved boss battles over 3D Land. If you love 3D Land so much, and If you ever own a Wii U, this is a must-own for your Wii U library. It just gets the same score as the first two Super Mario Galaxy games, this game gets a 10 out of 10. Expand
  2. Apr 3, 2017
    Un mario ideal para wiiu, multiplayer, super largo, dificultad variada, con toques de humor en algunos casos, mecanicas simples pero que enganchan, para que cualquier persona lo entienda rápido y se divierta al instante.
  3. Mar 20, 2017
    Super Mario 3D World may not be as good as Galaxy, Sunshine or 64 but they did manage to make another solid Mario title. It looks beautiful the levels are creative and the new power ups are cheesy and funny but surprisingly good. Levels are not nearly long enough most can be finished in 1-2 minutes in the first few worlds. Also the game isn't nearly hard enough till the 5th world and evenSuper Mario 3D World may not be as good as Galaxy, Sunshine or 64 but they did manage to make another solid Mario title. It looks beautiful the levels are creative and the new power ups are cheesy and funny but surprisingly good. Levels are not nearly long enough most can be finished in 1-2 minutes in the first few worlds. Also the game isn't nearly hard enough till the 5th world and even then it's not to hard. But overall the game is still a magical adventure that any Mario fan will like. Expand
  4. Mar 17, 2017
    The natural evolution of the platformer. Super Mario 3D World is one of the defining games of this generation. Sure, it isn't "innovative" like the Galaxy games, but this is a good thing. Not needing to devote time to unique perspective shifts or motion control allowed for time spent honing control and level design to a fine art. Each playable character feels different enough to beThe natural evolution of the platformer. Super Mario 3D World is one of the defining games of this generation. Sure, it isn't "innovative" like the Galaxy games, but this is a good thing. Not needing to devote time to unique perspective shifts or motion control allowed for time spent honing control and level design to a fine art. Each playable character feels different enough to be distinct, and the art style and music give the game a fantastic vibrancy few games have today. An utter delight to play. Expand
  5. Mar 12, 2017
    This game is totally overestimated.
    I loved almost any Super Mario, from 1 to Super Mario galaxy 2, and the inspired Super Mario Sunshine!
    This game is just boring, boring and uninspired level design. maybe was just aimed at kids... I was hoping in a new great Super Mario adventure after this totally useless "3D World" but the new Super Mario for the Nintendo Switch looks already
    This game is totally overestimated.
    I was hoping in a new great Super Mario adventure after this totally useless "3D World" but the new Super Mario for the Nintendo Switch looks already uninspired and confused.
    Good bye Mario, I want to keep you in my memories as the great platform game who reinvented a genre in Super Mario Galaxy.
  6. Mar 5, 2017
    O JOGO É FANTÁSTICO! Não consigo pensar em outra coisa sem ser o quanto este jogo é sensacional, não tem coisa melhor do que chamar pessoas em casa e jogar com elas, diversão garantida. A Nintendo manteve sua essência e ainda nos mostrou como é produtiva em termos de diversão, qualquer nota abaixo de 10 é injusta.
  7. Feb 25, 2017
    Dare I say this is the most polished game of all time? The graphics for this game are oddly nostalgic, yet perfectly modern at the same time. The game's soundtrack manages to make me feel like getting up and dancing, and also tense up for an epic fight. And the game's gameplay is flawless... technologically. There is nothing wrong with 3D World. But that's mostly because it takes no risks.Dare I say this is the most polished game of all time? The graphics for this game are oddly nostalgic, yet perfectly modern at the same time. The game's soundtrack manages to make me feel like getting up and dancing, and also tense up for an epic fight. And the game's gameplay is flawless... technologically. There is nothing wrong with 3D World. But that's mostly because it takes no risks. It lacks the daring-ness of Super mario Sunshine or Galaxy, rarely if ever trying to break free from conventions set by its predecessors. In fact, throughout my playthrough, I honestly felt like it was actively trying to accomplish the opposite. It's not exactly playing the nostalgia card; just the "This is Mario" card. This is perhaps most obvious with the controls; the iconic long jump is here, but it's been nerfed to Hell and back; so much less flexible than it's previous incarnations in Super Mario Galaxy and especially Super Mario 64. However, I'm pretty sure playing it safe was kinda the goal here; while there's no potential to become the greatest of all time, neither is there any potential for it to mess up. And to some, that's more important. I strongly recommend this to the two people out there that still have a Wii U. Expand
  8. Feb 24, 2017
    At its core, "Super Mario 3D World" might just seem like a "more blown-up version of 'Super Mario 3D Land'" on the Wii U. Whether or not that's true is beyond me, but I can tell you this: "Super Mario 3D World" is absolutely fantastic. It's tremendous and fun to play, the visuals are fantastic, the level design is brilliant, the music is beautifully composed, and the ability to play 4At its core, "Super Mario 3D World" might just seem like a "more blown-up version of 'Super Mario 3D Land'" on the Wii U. Whether or not that's true is beyond me, but I can tell you this: "Super Mario 3D World" is absolutely fantastic. It's tremendous and fun to play, the visuals are fantastic, the level design is brilliant, the music is beautifully composed, and the ability to play 4 player co-op in a 3D Mario game (even if there's debate about it being a true 3D Mario game) only adds to the fun. Let's also not forget that there's plenty of challenge here, so you won't be breezing through the game in a snap, there is plenty to do and a good difficulty curve all-around. Sure, the camera can be finicky with 4 players, but all things told, "Super Mario 3D World" is truly one of the Wii U's best titles and it's a game that absolutely shouldn't be missed. Expand
  9. Feb 23, 2017
    Simply put; this is among the best Mario games in years. Fluid game play, tight controls, stunning graphics and fantastic music, this game is the closest thing to perfection.

Just don't count on the camera in the multiplayer game play to function properly.
  10. Feb 4, 2017
    Super Mario 3D World’s name might suggest that it is a sequel to Mario 64 – a 3D Mario game.

Interestingly, it isn’t. Super Mario 3D World is actually a sequel to the 2D Mario games much more so than it is Mario 64. The game is quite familiar by this point. You start out at the start of a course, and your goal is to run through a series of platforming obstacles until you reach the

The game is quite familiar by this point. You start out at the start of a course, and your goal is to run through a series of platforming obstacles until you reach the end of the course. There are blocks with question marks on them that pop out coins or, on occaision, power ups of various sorts. Three of these are familiar – the Tanooki Suit is similar to the Raccoon suit of Super Mario 3, though it does not allow you to fly, only to fall more slowly and swing your tail to kill enemies. The Fire Flower is exactly the same as it has always been, allowing Mario to lob fireballs at people that bounce along the ground. The Boomerang Suit is a rarely-seen suit, but it allows Mario to toss out a boomerang – this can wipe out lines of enemies, as well as collect coins and items, and returns to Mario after being thrown. It can’t be spammed, though.

The final suit is the cat suit, which is new to Super Mario 3D World. It allows you to run up the side of walls, as well as run around levels faster and kill enemies by swatting your claws at them. It also has a mid-air dive attack, allowing you to dive forward through the air. Due to all this, it is pretty much the best suit for 90% of the game, with the other suits only really being situationally useful (the Boomerang suit is necessary to collect certain power-ups, the fire suit can light torches in a few levels, and the Tanooki suit’s slow-falling ability is occasionally useful, but is most useful in the very final level – but we’ll get to that).

Interestingly, Super Mario 3D World is a multiplayer game, and moreover, has multiple characters. Those who have played Super Mario Bros. 2 can guess at the lineup – Mario is pretty much a decent all-around character, Luigi is slippery but can jump higher, Peach is slower but can float in mid-air (though not nearly so much as she could in Super Mario Bros. 2 – it is quite brief, though still useful), and Toad is faster but can’t jump as high. You also unlock a fifth character – Rosalina – who has Luigi’s height on jumps, but is slow like Peach (though she isn’t slidey). She also has a spin attack in her base form, which both can serve as a double jump (albeit a short one) as well as kill nearby enemies.

Multiple people can play the game at once, running through the levels alongside each other. I only played it single player, though, with only a couple levels of multiplayer; it seemed fairly similar, though the ability to throw each other around was sort of useful, and it made it significantly easier to beat levels because EVERYONE had to die at once to get a game over.

The game itself is very much in the style of the 2D Mario games – the levels are very linear, with very little actual 3D movement. While sometimes you’ll be going one direction, then another, there are few expansive 3D spaces in the game. Instead, it is mostly a series of platforming puzzles which are heavily reminiscent of the 2D games – there are only a fairly small number of levels which actually make much interesting use of it being a 3D environment. While this is good in some ways – hopping off of enemies’ heads is more of a pain in 3D than 2D, and precision platforming in 3D can be annoying – it also makes the game linear like the 2D Mario games. And while those games are decent enough, this really doesn’t add a whole lot to the genre. I’ve played a number of those games, and while they are decent enough, it wasn’t really the itch I was wanting to scratch with a 3D Mario game.

While the levels are mostly reasonably well-designed, there are a few flaws to it. One problem is the difficulty curve; while most of the levels follow a fairly standard curve, a few levels are significantly more difficult than those around them, acting as pretty steep difficulty spikes. While most of these difficulty spikes center around the collectibles, in a few levels, simple progression can be rather frustrating, especially if you’re not playing the right character.

It also suffers a bit from its final levels being not particularly interestingly designed, using checkpoint starvation to make them artificially more difficult (or at least, more arduous to complete). These two levels ended the game on a sour note, and I have to admit, none of the rest of the game really impressed me all that much – while the Cat Suit was a decent enough addition, and the three stars + one stamp hidden in each level were a reasonable collection challenge, in the end it was Just Another Mario Game.
  11. R
    Dec 9, 2016
    I really enjoyed this edition of mario. It has a great artstyle, great level design, well placed secrets, and it shares elements from other mario games! I just shouts classic. This is the biggest reason why you should get a wii u and this is one of the best games on it. No screw that it is the best game on the system.
  12. Nov 28, 2016
    I had LOADS of fun playing this. Its alot more fun with friends to play with. And the cat bell is a fun and amazing powerup! The levels are cool and fun to play through (most of them). The game does get kind of boring when you beat it, Unless you attempt to collect every thing in the game to unlock the last secret world.

The game is fun as hell. If you love mario or have a Wii U You

The game is fun as hell. If you love mario or have a Wii U You should TOTALLY get this awesome game!
  13. Nov 26, 2016
    Very fun! The game features tons of worlds including bonus worlds and a bonus Luigi bros. minigame on the menu screen. And now, there's cat suits! Who doesn't want a cat suit?
  14. Nov 20, 2016
    It's hard to describe how great this game is. The levels are awesome, the bosses are original, the power-ups are great, and the multiplayer is always a ton of fun. If this game isn't one you own, well, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
  15. Sep 18, 2016
    By far the funnest Mario game in years! I urge anyone with a wii u to purchase this game. This is pure AAA grade Nintendo gaming. The local multiplayer is an absolute blast anyone can join & leave whenever. Perfect game for families or hanging out with friends.What can you say except for one of the greatest games I've ever played. From the fun power ups, to the amazing visuals, I hadBy far the funnest Mario game in years! I urge anyone with a wii u to purchase this game. This is pure AAA grade Nintendo gaming. The local multiplayer is an absolute blast anyone can join & leave whenever. Perfect game for families or hanging out with friends.What can you say except for one of the greatest games I've ever played. From the fun power ups, to the amazing visuals, I had nothing but fun playing through this game. MUST HAVE, pick it up. I'm hoping it does get game of the year because this game deserves it. Expand
  16. Sep 6, 2016
    The gaming world needs more games like this.

The gaming world needs more games like this.

It combines everything good about all the 2-D Mario games and mashes it together into an even better 3-D game. Four simultaneous players, with each character having unique attributes. I love that players can pop in and pop out whenever they want, making it so there's absolutely no "set up" required to start a multiplayer game. The level design is fantastic, and I love the new power-ups.

My wife is not a gamer -- she rather hates most video games -- and yet she couldn't help but love this game. For a while, she was somewhat addicted to it. She had to just keep playing just to see what the next level was like. All the levels are fantastic, fun and new. Even the bonus levels, which are *much* more difficult remakes of the old levels, feel new and fun.

The Wii U may be the only console worth getting, because you can play this game on it, and there's nothing like it on the other consoles and nothing like it available on the PC.
  17. Aug 31, 2016
    Nintendo DID IT AGAIN! Super Mario 3d world is one of the best games you can have on your wii u, a masterpiece which feels like a mix of mario 3d land and mario world, the graphics feels really good for 8th gen, the sound and OST is a masterpiece, feels so tasty, and it fits perfectly with the gameplay on this game, gameplay and controllers are like mario 3d land, but improved, You need toNintendo DID IT AGAIN! Super Mario 3d world is one of the best games you can have on your wii u, a masterpiece which feels like a mix of mario 3d land and mario world, the graphics feels really good for 8th gen, the sound and OST is a masterpiece, feels so tasty, and it fits perfectly with the gameplay on this game, gameplay and controllers are like mario 3d land, but improved, You need to have this game if you are a lucky owner of a wii u. Expand
  18. Aug 30, 2016
    I LOVE this game. Whenever I come back from school, I sat down and played this game while eating. The levels are fun, the cat suit is really cute, and I LOVE the new addition of that 5th playable character (people who played this game will understand what I'm saying). PLEASE!! For the sake of god and Nintendo. Buy the freaking game!!
  19. Aug 20, 2016
    This by far the best mario game in my opinion (yes even better than super mario galaxy 1, 2 and 64). Everything about this game is perfect. The jazzy music is nice to hear. Also, there are over 100 levels to explore. In addition, the graphics are so good. Last but not least, the levels are so colourful and memorable. Each level is cleverly designed and has something differemt to offer.This by far the best mario game in my opinion (yes even better than super mario galaxy 1, 2 and 64). Everything about this game is perfect. The jazzy music is nice to hear. Also, there are over 100 levels to explore. In addition, the graphics are so good. Last but not least, the levels are so colourful and memorable. Each level is cleverly designed and has something differemt to offer. Many people will think that it is just another similar mario game, but no you are wrong. If you have a wii u then you should definitely buy this game. It is one the best games that this amazing console has to offer. Expand
  20. Aug 18, 2016
    could have been better is i had friends to play with could have been better is i had friends to play with could have been better is i had friends to play with
  21. Aug 9, 2016
    It's not a bad game, but far away from the awesome times I have while playing Super Mario 64, Sunshine or even Galaxy, it's an improvement compared to 3D Land but those games are more like a 3D New Super Mario Bros. instead of "real" 3D Mario games.
  22. Aug 8, 2016
    I am shocked that this game is supposed to be a sequel to Super Mario Galaxy 2.
    The gameplay is a little bit fun but not challenging and creative as the SMG games/
    Disappointing!
  23. Jul 31, 2016
    Es un buen Mario, entretenido, infaltable para la WiiU. No llena el vacío del Mario Galaxy o Sunshine en la consola, pero cumple en entretención. Lo recomiendo.
  24. Jul 21, 2016
    Having owned the Wii U for nearly two years I feel it's safe to say that Super Mario 3D World is my absolute favorite game on the system. Whether its the colorful visuals, the finger snapping soundtrack, or the fun but simple gameplay provided by the Wii U gamepad, there is little but fun Super Mario 3D World can bring on the Wii U. I think the most valued addition to this game must haveHaving owned the Wii U for nearly two years I feel it's safe to say that Super Mario 3D World is my absolute favorite game on the system. Whether its the colorful visuals, the finger snapping soundtrack, or the fun but simple gameplay provided by the Wii U gamepad, there is little but fun Super Mario 3D World can bring on the Wii U. I think the most valued addition to this game must have been the stellar multiplayer comprising of up to four players each controlling their own character. Having played through the various Mario Galaxy games, I found their multiplayer functionalities quite lacking and it was fantastic to finally have a 3D Mario game that the whole family can enjoy. However, it is important to note that the game is rather easy at times. In some instances, I would find myself completing scores of levels without taking hit. Rest assured, it was miraculous that such a game could still hold such an appeal without resorting to unfairly difficult game mechanics just to string the player along. Expand
  25. Jul 17, 2016
    For those of you who love "Super Mario Galaxy 2", you will be amazed at this game. Visuals aren't the only thing that will catch your attention, but the amount of content it gives. Play as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad, and even Rosalina! Grab a Cat Suit to overcome any obstacle in your path. With enriching music to listen to, boss battle to keep you on your toes, and new challengesFor those of you who love "Super Mario Galaxy 2", you will be amazed at this game. Visuals aren't the only thing that will catch your attention, but the amount of content it gives. Play as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad, and even Rosalina! Grab a Cat Suit to overcome any obstacle in your path. With enriching music to listen to, boss battle to keep you on your toes, and new challenges in every level, this is a must-buy for the Wii U. Expand
  26. Jul 8, 2016
    A wonderfull Mario 3D game. That is plenty of fun with several worlds, levels, characters and overall a lot of hours if you want to complete this 3D platform game.
  27. Jul 4, 2016
    The graphics brings me back to the gamecube well it doesn't look like gamecube graphics it looks smooth and has smooth gameplay. The levels feels great so are the controls! This is my 3rd favorite Mario game of all time!
  28. Jul 3, 2016
    It's all about expectations. High expectations killed Super Mario 3D World for me.

Super Mario 3D World is the worst 3D Mario game ever. Or is even a 3D Mario game? Does that matter? This game raises a lot of questions, and it has a lot of issues. A jaded person might say that this game is microcosmic for the Wii U as a whole: it's... something. It's not what I thought it would

This game raises a lot of questions, and it has a lot of issues. A jaded person might say that this game is microcosmic for the Wii U as a whole: it's... something. It's not what I thought it would be, it's not what I hoped it would be, it's hugely worse than its predecessor, it raises concerns about the future of the label, and I'm not sure if it's the product of a company that doesn't care about its ideas, or one who cares too much about a failed idea.

Clunky comparisons aside, this game underwhelms on many levels. Just to name a few:

The controls aren't great. For some reason, the character can only move in eight directions, like you're using a D-Pad, even if you use a control stick. The player also has to hold down a dash button 24/7 in order to move. This strange decision causes you to often miss jumps that you could swear were easy. Super Mario 64 created an amazing new element in all games (not just mario) by introducing the analog stick. Why go back in time and not use it now, 20 years later? If the explanation for this change is "we wanted better multiplayer for people who have 4 wiimotes but no nunchucks" then that's not good enough.

The camera was a step back, it seemed. The game threw away the responsive, interactive camera of Mario Galaxy and Mario Sunshine, and replaced it with a camera very similar to that in Super Mario 3D Land. The problem is, 3D Land was on 3DS, and had a 3D effect to help with depth perception... but there is no 3D effect on Wii U. Depth perception became an actual issue in this game when it wasn't in games before it with freer camera control.

For some reason, this game totally throws any idea of a story out the window. While previous Mario games had simple stories, and goofy, colorful Non-player characters to talk to, this game has almost no story, and no fun non-player characters to talk to. When you see a person, it shows a text bubble and a picture. It felt like Nintendo took out all the text from the game to appeal to kids who couldn't read. I started playing mario at age 6, and the text was never too difficult or important to hinder my enjoyment of the game. I just don't understand the thinking here. A part of the game that used to make me laugh and smile in the past has been surgically removed with no apparent reasoning behind it at all.

Without doubt, the game's biggest offense was its total lack of exploration. There was also no exploration in this game, unlike its predecessors. This game had far less exploration than even the more linear Galaxy series. This was sorely missed. In fact, each level had a time limit it must be completed in. The time limit was a slap in the face in each level. If I'm supposed to explore and enjoy these 3d areas. Why kill me after 300 seconds? It was just unintuitive and odd.

Now, of course this game isn't all bad. It had some great visuals and awesome music. It just was less than we should expect from the only main mario game this generation.

The series is going in the wrong direction... but maybe they'll get it next time.

29. Jun 29, 2016
    Super mario 3d world is a really good sequal for the galaxy series and it's even better with really good level design, music and good controlls. The game also supports multiplayer and it works great.

30. May 27, 2016
    After initially giving this game a 10, giving it a pass on its lack of depth and story compared to other 3D Mario games, I'm going to bring it down to a 9. Super Mario 3D World is fantastic, with great graphics, level design, and multiplayer. But the game is held back from being as good as Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy by its linearity. That being said however, this is a must buy for anyAfter initially giving this game a 10, giving it a pass on its lack of depth and story compared to other 3D Mario games, I'm going to bring it down to a 9. Super Mario 3D World is fantastic, with great graphics, level design, and multiplayer. But the game is held back from being as good as Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy by its linearity. That being said however, this is a must buy for any Wii U owners. Expand
  31. May 25, 2016
    One of the best Mario games I've played since Super Mario World (snes). If you own a Wii U you'd be doing yourself a disservice in not buying this.

32. May 21, 2016
    This is one of my favorite Mario games. The levels are very fun to play and are quite challenging. In every level, there are three hidden green stars that you have to find in order to unlock certain levels. The co-op mode is so much fun. It is like New Super Mario Bros. Wii's multiplayer mode except now in a 3D game. Some levels make use of the Wii U GamePad. For example, in one level youThis is one of my favorite Mario games. The levels are very fun to play and are quite challenging. In every level, there are three hidden green stars that you have to find in order to unlock certain levels. The co-op mode is so much fun. It is like New Super Mario Bros. Wii's multiplayer mode except now in a 3D game. Some levels make use of the Wii U GamePad. For example, in one level you need to blow in the mic to move platforms. In other levels, you need to touch the screen to raise certain objects. This is one of the best Mario games ever created and I highly recommend it. Expand
  33. May 17, 2016
    no lo recomiendo para nada, un desperdicio total de juego solo para los fans ma sacerrimos de nintendo que le perdonan de todo, incluso que le rian en la cara cuanod los estafan.
  34. May 17, 2016
    Pobre nintendo, con lo que me encantaba esta compañia y los juegos que hacia, creo que deberia dejar descansar por unos 5 años a mario, porque ahora ya no sorprenden ni innovan con jugabilidad.
  35. May 17, 2016
    Nintendo deberia de dejar de sacar tantos juegos basados en Mario, que ya cansa, el juego me dejo bastante indiferente, una lastima porque compre su consola pensando en jugar a cosas distintas que en otras conslas, para mi sorpresa, peca de lo mismo que otras compañias.
  36. May 16, 2016
    This game is really overrated. I had a lot of fun playing with my friends but... when I played alone it felt boring and it didn't feel as a special Mario like Galaxy did. Great multiplayer, but too normal.
  37. May 14, 2016
    This is easy game . Very good graphics for Mario Game and Good storyline . This game is very pretty . This is very fun platformer . In this game Mario has got many different power-ups . And Paper Mario , Paper Mario The Thousand Door , Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 and this game are best game in Mario Series . This is best game about Mario on Wii U . Mario is children series , but this gameThis is easy game . Very good graphics for Mario Game and Good storyline . This game is very pretty . This is very fun platformer . In this game Mario has got many different power-ups . And Paper Mario , Paper Mario The Thousand Door , Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 and this game are best game in Mario Series . This is best game about Mario on Wii U . Mario is children series , but this game special children . 8/10 Expand
  38. May 13, 2016
    When I first saw this game I thought it was a cheap Mario game and ignored it. Only years later did I end up playing it and I'm glad I did because it is one of the best co op games ever made and a damn fine Platformer that amazes with every single level.
  39. May 11, 2016
    This game shines with its beautiful HD graphics, tight controls, a cast of amazing and beloved Nintendo character. The game pack a lot of content within its covers and its replay value is very rich because the levels are full of secrets.This is the first game in the main 3D Super Mario series to feature fully fledged multiplayer mode with up to four players playing at once, will you playThis game shines with its beautiful HD graphics, tight controls, a cast of amazing and beloved Nintendo character. The game pack a lot of content within its covers and its replay value is very rich because the levels are full of secrets.This is the first game in the main 3D Super Mario series to feature fully fledged multiplayer mode with up to four players playing at once, will you play like a team, or will you compete with each other is up to you! The only thing left for you to do is to join Mario and friends on this great adventure! Expand
  40. Apr 25, 2016
    This game is a waste of money. The level design is so uninspired and simplified from previous mario games and the difficulty is very low. This game was definitely aimed at kids.
  41. Apr 24, 2016
    Super Mario 3D World é um dos melhores games do wii u muito divertido ainda mais jogando com amigos diversas novidades como itens novos e o uso do game pad, gráficos lindos, jogabilidade muito boa e trilha sonora magnifica.
  42. Apr 23, 2016
    se se le puede reprochar nada, juego muy colorido divertido, niveles preciosos y muy buenos gráficos, el sonido es brillante, din duda solamente por jugarlo merece la pena una wii u, juego que rejugaras y pasaras horas y horas de partida que nunca olvidaras.
  43. Apr 15, 2016
    No es el Mario 3D que todos estábamos esperando, pero cumple y rebasa las expectativas en el genero de las plataformas... Ideas frescas, y un apartado artístico que le sienta muy bien... Yo pasé horas de diversión para completarlo al 100%...
  44. Apr 12, 2016
    Videojuego indispensable para la Wii U, el retorno de mario bros y muy buen multijugador semejante a los juegos de la saga mario party. La mùsica es todo un arte.
  45. Apr 7, 2016
    Just got this game recently as it is going for $20 on Nintendo Selects, and wow. This game is really beautiful. The graphics are great. You can play as Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Toad! Toad is definitely my favorite out of the bunch. Each character is different. Mario is easy to control, Luigi jumps very high, Peach can float after jumping for a few seconds, and Toad has the fastest runningJust got this game recently as it is going for $20 on Nintendo Selects, and wow. This game is really beautiful. The graphics are great. You can play as Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Toad! Toad is definitely my favorite out of the bunch. Each character is different. Mario is easy to control, Luigi jumps very high, Peach can float after jumping for a few seconds, and Toad has the fastest running speed. You can play this game with the Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wiimote, and the Wiimote and Nunchuk. There are new Power-Ups such as Cat Mario, and the Cherries which add a second character of the one you are using, like two Cat Toads.There are Green Stars as well as Stickers to collect. If you want to 100% complete the game, I suggest that you get all the Green Stars/Stickers before moving onto the next level. There are a few levels that are kinda tedious, and you can lose a lot of lives from those levels. Overall, the game is amazing and you should get this game if you do not have it yet. Expand
  46. Mar 24, 2016
    This game is absolutely amazing. With unique characters, multiplayer is awesome. Each level is carefully thought out and designed, and there are many different challenges and surprises! This game is a must have for fans of Super Mario!
  47. Mar 21, 2016
    This is certainly an excellent sequel to an already amazing game. As a matter of fact, I actually prefer this game over 3D land. Unlike 3D land, this game is pretty challenging. As a matter of fact, the very last stage in the game is the hardest Mario stage I've ever been through. The soundtrack is arguably the best in the series, the graphics... wow. They compare to the graphics of theThis is certainly an excellent sequel to an already amazing game. As a matter of fact, I actually prefer this game over 3D land. Unlike 3D land, this game is pretty challenging. As a matter of fact, the very last stage in the game is the hardest Mario stage I've ever been through. The soundtrack is arguably the best in the series, the graphics... wow. They compare to the graphics of the PS4 and Xbox One. And this is a Wii U game! A Wii U game! This is the plumber at his best. I can't say it can top Super Mario 64 as my favorite Mario game, but it comes pretty damn close Expand
  48. Mar 9, 2016
    Overall a very solid Mario game. I have little complaints for this game and the ones I do don't matter very much. If you have a Wii U then you need to buy this.
  49. Mar 1, 2016
    When compared to other 3D Mario games, I can't help but feel disappointed by this game. The levels feel very linear and the time limit forbids you from fully exploring the levels, stopping me from enjoying this game to the fullest. The levels are also fairly short, and are rather easy throughout the first 4-5 worlds.
    The new powerup, the cat bell, is creative and can open up new ways to
    The new powerup, the cat bell, is creative and can open up new ways to get through levels, meanwhile the double cherries do not add much to the gameplay in my opinion besides 'get to the end of the level with all copies intact to get a star/stamp'.
    The game is far more fun to play in multiplayer, which can be played as a team, or fighting over who gets the crown for the next level, and this is how I would recommend playing the game.
    Overall, the game is enjoyable and worth buying, but don't expect anything amazing or close to the levels of the Super Mario Galaxy games.
  50. Feb 29, 2016
    This game feels great! With a new quest and beautiful 1080p graphics; this game tops all new 3D Mario games. 4 Charaters to play as, instantly, Mario, Luigi Peach, and Toad. A very good wide range. And also a wide range of controllers to use; more than any other game. Overall, it is a great game! 10 out of 10!
  51. Feb 29, 2016
    Gameplay: 8
    Sound: 9
    Graphics: 8 Replay value: 6 This is a great game. You can't say much else about it. How the game plays is pure Mario fun. Local multiplayer is a blast, and competing for the high score of a level makes it slightly addicting. The music is awesome as well. For every level you play, you will find that the music track for each is beyond fitting and easy to listen to,
    Gameplay: 8
    Sound: 9
    Graphics: 8
    Replay value: 6

This is a great game. You can't say much else about it. How the game plays is pure Mario fun. Local multiplayer is a blast, and competing for the high score of a level makes it slightly addicting. The music is awesome as well. For every level you play, you will find that the music track for each is beyond fitting and easy to listen to, while at the same time being pleasing to the ears. Graphics are one of this game's strong points too. From lighting effects to scenic views, this is definitely a "see-what-Wii-U-can-do" kind of games. However, after beating the entire game, I found it more of a chore than a game to go back and complete each level with each character in order to score a 100%. Even with friends, it's not nearly as fun as it is just hopping into the level with you and your friend not knowing what to expect.

Would I recommend this game? By far, yes. A definitive Wii U must-have. If you don't already have this, do me a favor and go out and buy it right now. :)
  52. Feb 26, 2016
    This game is AWESOME!, many will think this is just an HD version of 3D Land for the 3ds, but this is an entirely different beast.

STORY: The story is somewhat original, instead of bowser kidnapping princess peach, this time the sprixies (which are like some sort of fairy) are the ones that are getting kidnapped and it's up to you to help them. PRESENTATION: Super Mario 3D World is

PRESENTATION: Super Mario 3D World is the first 3D mario game to be in HD and the change is very noticeable. Everything here is good on the eyes, the 60 fps, 1080p, the colors, the incredible soundtrack, the animations, the models, everything in this game is great on the eyes.

GAMEPLAY: In this game there is a lot of power-ups, of course you have the typical, mushroom, fire flower, stars, and all of that, but now we have some power ups from 3D land to, like the boomerang flower and the tanooki suit, but now we have a cat suit that lets you climb walls and attack enemies with your claws, the cherry which duplicates you, and the cannon, which...lets you fire cannonballs.
    Much like the new super mario bros, you have some collectables in every stage, you have green stars which let's you unlock some world that require a set number of stars to play and the stamps which...are only use to have a stamp collection...meh.
    This time around you get to play as 4 (5) playable characters, mario which is balanced in all his stats, luigi that can jump higher but has poor traction, Toad that is very fast but his jump is really bad and Peach which is slow but can hover for a bit, this adds a lot of variety to the game in terms of how you play, there is also another one, but i'll let you discover who it is.
    The levels are very well crafted and they all have something new to offer, all of them are very fun to play and offer a lot of variety, as well as the boss fight's which are genuinely challenging at times.
    There's also some mini games to play, like a slot machine, guess what challenges, challenge boxes that give you stars and captain toad section, where you play as captain toad and travel through a mini-stage that have puzzle elements, to complete this sections you have to collect 5 stars spread around the level, all of those things add a lot of variety to the game, there's also some other mini-games that i didn't mention but those would be a spoiler so i will pass out on those ones.
    The controls are great and the uses of the gamepad are not as horrible as many think.

Overall this game in terms of challenge, variety, duration, level design, bosses, polish and just being a fun and enjoyable game...this game is perfect, a masterpiece, not only as a platformer, but videogames in general.

It's a great game and a must have if you have a wii u or planning of having one. i'll give it a 10/10
  53. Feb 24, 2016
    ai esta o melhor jogo de plataforma do wii u. super mario 3D world. esse jogo é muito bom. esse é o primeiro mario 3D que da pra jogar com os amigos. ele tem uma ótima jogabilidade, telas criativas, ótima trilha sonora, novos poderes. só tem 2 coisas que me impedem de dar 10: 1 - não tem mais tempo ilimitado pra passar as telas, o que impede que você explore bem o senário. 2 - pra jogarai esta o melhor jogo de plataforma do wii u. super mario 3D world. esse jogo é muito bom. esse é o primeiro mario 3D que da pra jogar com os amigos. ele tem uma ótima jogabilidade, telas criativas, ótima trilha sonora, novos poderes. só tem 2 coisas que me impedem de dar 10: 1 - não tem mais tempo ilimitado pra passar as telas, o que impede que você explore bem o senário. 2 - pra jogar com mais gente não é tão bom como deveria ser. quanto mais você se afastar de seu parceiro, mais alta vai ficar a câmera, você só pode se distanciar até um certo ponto, eles poderia ter feito o jogo pra no máximo 2 jogadores, ai um ficava na tv e o outro no controle do wii u. assim cada um teria sua câmera. Expand
  54. Feb 17, 2016
    A new playground for gamers and Nintendo (and Mario) fans. While Super Mario 3D Land is an improvement on Super Mario Land and also a great game, this game is an improvement on Super Mario World only making it a lot better than Super Mario 3D Land.
  55. Jan 26, 2016
    Look at the cute li'l kitty bowser!!!! he is the bestest kitty i ever saw!!!! i had to paws the game because he was so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  56. Jan 6, 2016
    Wii U does not have many better games than Super Mario 3D World. If there are better games than this they are other Mario games like Mario Kart 8.which is excellent. The soundtrack of Super Mario 3D World is very nice. The level design is unique.
  57. Jan 3, 2016
    The good: I'm usually not the man with few words but here I got a few, "Nintendo did it again!"

The bad: Multiplayer online should be possible by now.
  58. Dec 23, 2015
    I played 3d Land on a 2DS I've bough really cheap; I liked it so much, I was so excited it was like playing Mario Galaxy all over again - but it wasnt a copy, same formula, it was a new expecience. The game was so good I couldnt resist and got a WiiU to play 3D World (remember when people bought a console to PLAY a game that is already avaliable), and it was amazing because 3D world madeI played 3d Land on a 2DS I've bough really cheap; I liked it so much, I was so excited it was like playing Mario Galaxy all over again - but it wasnt a copy, same formula, it was a new expecience. The game was so good I couldnt resist and got a WiiU to play 3D World (remember when people bought a console to PLAY a game that is already avaliable), and it was amazing because 3D world made the style of 3D Land even bigger, with NEW creative levels (no rehash in level design!). It's as great sequel as Mario Galaxy 2 was - considered by many even better than the original.
    Of course the Wii-U was not short of great games and after 3D world I also got Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, MK8, and so many others....
  59. Dec 21, 2015
    Game: Super Mario 3D World
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo System: Nintendo WiiU (WiiU) Total Score: 94/100 Value Score: 9.4/10 • Story: 7/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Plays like Super Mario 3D Land +Play as Mario, Luigi, Peach and
    Game: Super Mario 3D World
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: Nintendo
    System: Nintendo WiiU (WiiU)
    Total Score: 94/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Plays like Super Mario 3D Land
    +Play as Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad (later in the game you can also play as another Mario character)
    +Great Variety in Level design and Difficulty
    +A lot of elements from previous Mario games such as the NES series
    +Great Sound and OST
    +Well designed visuals
    +Multiplayer allows you to compete against players but also cooperate
    +Additional worlds/levels even after finishing the main game

Cons
    -Some notable characters were missing such as Yoshi and the Koopa Kids
    -Multiplayer is only local co-op
  60. Dec 15, 2015
    Gráficos lindos, trilha sonora magnifica, designer de fases incríveis e únicos entre si, nostálgico, inspirador, com mundos especiais desafiadores. Isso é Super Mario 3D World.
  61. Dec 14, 2015
    perfect game, really. 3d mario in hd (although galaxy looks hd enough to me), with perfect controls, as always. i guess this outs me as not much of a hardcore gamer, but a game like this, however challenging, is still a breeze to finish all the way, because you're just smiling the whole time and taking it to bed with you thanks to the wii u's amazing controller. it's never a chore. youperfect game, really. 3d mario in hd (although galaxy looks hd enough to me), with perfect controls, as always. i guess this outs me as not much of a hardcore gamer, but a game like this, however challenging, is still a breeze to finish all the way, because you're just smiling the whole time and taking it to bed with you thanks to the wii u's amazing controller. it's never a chore. you finish a few levels, then get to a point you can't go beyond because you don't have enough stars, so you have to go back and replay levels to find hidden stars -- which, in the hands of less skillful developers, could be a drag, but here is a gift, as you're given an opportunity to realize that hey, there's a whole third of this awesome level that i didn't know existed, and now i have the awesome feeling of discovering the secret entrance and exploring it. nintendo is about making you feel younger than you are. some people will say this game is stupid, but it's hard to hear them over the immense amount of fun i'm having. Expand
  62. Dec 8, 2015
    This is one of the best games in Wii U. The level design is surprisingly good, it's so creative and simple! This is a game that makes you happy, it's a promise! You get the same good feeling like the other Mario games.

Finally a game that has soundtrack with other genres (most jazzy) instead of crappy mainstream "daily-over-used" orchestra, finally... And the best of all: Local Co-Op multiplayer! You can have fun with this game alone, but it's better with your friends.

And yes, this game have good graphics and sounds, nice controls and that addictive feeling.

63. Dec 3, 2015
    Este game consegue ser tão excepcional quanto o tradicional. É um belo game, além de ser desafiante na medida certa. Trilha sonora impecável. Jogar com Co-op é muito divertido, simplesmente fantástico. O primeiro grande exclusivo que o Wii U recebeu continua incrível até hoje.
  64. Nov 25, 2015
    Very great game! Although it was REALLY stressful at the end but I spent almost 100 hours on this collecting everything! A must get game if you're a nintendo fan!
  65. Nov 15, 2015
    The reason why i give this a 6 has to do with the fact that they just took the Mario 3d land design, narrowed it down and made it HD. I must admit it looks gorgeous in HD but the full potential of the Wii-u is not used by far. The levels are very small and simple, there is very little to do, the emphasis is all about the o so fresh and new catsuits and above all there is no exploration orThe reason why i give this a 6 has to do with the fact that they just took the Mario 3d land design, narrowed it down and made it HD. I must admit it looks gorgeous in HD but the full potential of the Wii-u is not used by far. The levels are very small and simple, there is very little to do, the emphasis is all about the o so fresh and new catsuits and above all there is no exploration or feeling at all. This is by far not a mario game of epic proportion or has the impact that Mario 64, Sunshine or Galaxy had .. all that is gone to shreds. Super Mario 3d land is a way better and greater game. Expand
  66. Nov 12, 2015
    I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this game. It's not quite as grand as the Galaxy series on the Wii, but Super Mario 3D World makes up for that with the amount of pure fun it provides. Improving upon the foundation paved by Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS in almost every way, this game provides one of the very best gaming experiences on the Wii U. From the fantastic level designI was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this game. It's not quite as grand as the Galaxy series on the Wii, but Super Mario 3D World makes up for that with the amount of pure fun it provides. Improving upon the foundation paved by Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS in almost every way, this game provides one of the very best gaming experiences on the Wii U. From the fantastic level design and music to the plentiful amount of post-game content (which is always a welcome addition for me), this game sets a high standard that I hope future Mario games will live up to.

For its fantastic gameplay and ample amount of content, this game gets a 9/10 from me. While it didn't quite reach the level of fun that Galaxy 1 and 2 gave me, Super Mario 3D World is a game that every Wii U owner should play.
  67. Nov 10, 2015
    Super Mario 3D World has all the hallmarks of a fantastic Mario platformer: new endearing characters, fantastic level design, outstanding music and top drawer visuals. What's missing though is originality as this is not much more than an slightly upgraded port to the 3DS's Super Mario 3D Land that was released just two years prior. Luckily for us, 3D Land was a great 2.5D adventure, andSuper Mario 3D World has all the hallmarks of a fantastic Mario platformer: new endearing characters, fantastic level design, outstanding music and top drawer visuals. What's missing though is originality as this is not much more than an slightly upgraded port to the 3DS's Super Mario 3D Land that was released just two years prior. Luckily for us, 3D Land was a great 2.5D adventure, and 3D World follows in its footsteps as a quality title. But it just misses the mark from being a definitive Wii U Mario title. Expand
  68. Oct 23, 2015
    This is not a bad game. But try to play this title for a couple of hours and then, play Super Mario Galaxy a copule more. Did you notice? Yeah, this game is not comparable to the latests 3D Mario entries and everything from the past seems better than this.

I don't know who advised Nintendo to make a second part of Super 3D Land as the main Mario title for WiiU, but that guy should be a Nintendo hater trolling his bosses.
  69. Oct 9, 2015
    When the first 3D mario game was announced I couldn't wait but when they finally did it kind of disapointed me. I was looking for a new idea something that would take this series to the next level but we got a sequel to the great super mario 3D land. The second this game was put in my Wii u, I knew I was going to love this adventure. Super mario 3D world starts out differently than most,When the first 3D mario game was announced I couldn't wait but when they finally did it kind of disapointed me. I was looking for a new idea something that would take this series to the next level but we got a sequel to the great super mario 3D land. The second this game was put in my Wii u, I knew I was going to love this adventure. Super mario 3D world starts out differently than most, instead of kidnapping peach, Bowser instead kidnapps a group of small fairies called sprixies and imprisons them in glass bottles. So mario, luigi, peach and toad set off on a new adventure in search of the sprixies to put an end to bowsers plan. Each character has their own playstyle, mario is balanced, luigi jumps higher, toad runs faster and peach can float for a short time. The level design is out of this world and boasts amazing graphics to boot. The 4 player mode isn't as hectic as new super mario bros and the person who gets the most points gets a crown which boasts both cooperative and competitive play. The levels also hold 3 green star collectables and a sticker so try and collect them. So to conclude this game is a marvel and if you love mario you have to have this game. Expand
  70. Oct 5, 2015
    I had a lot of expectations going in for the next 3D Mario game on Wii-U. After Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii, its just incredible how excited I was for the next step, given Wii-U was Nintendo's first HD console. When I saw 3D World for the first time I was disappointed, it did not seemed like the next real step, but a step backwards and after playing the game I cant really say that I wasI had a lot of expectations going in for the next 3D Mario game on Wii-U. After Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii, its just incredible how excited I was for the next step, given Wii-U was Nintendo's first HD console. When I saw 3D World for the first time I was disappointed, it did not seemed like the next real step, but a step backwards and after playing the game I cant really say that I was wrong, 3D World does not take Mario to new heights. Yet, I cant deny either that the game did surprised me, because despite being simpler in concept and design, it is undeniable how hugely entertaining the game was. I couldn't stop playing it! The reason for that, comes in hand with the fact that it still shares some of the same principles of the Galaxy games, and that is being varied, creative and fast. The game just throws you new ideas and mechanics at an alarming pace, and there are so many, with such few repetition that at the end it also feels like some of them could have had another go, but the game almost never repeats itself, and that makes it incredibly enjoyable and addicting seeing how it is impossible to know what would come next, even if the final objective of every level is to reach the flagpole at the end. Add in an incredible jazzy soundtrack, some of the best power-ups in series history, very pretty graphics (if short of what I imagined they could be on a next gen Mario game), and some nice and very welcomed challenging levels and you got a game that despite not being what everybody wanted, is still a game everyone should want! Go buy it!! Expand
  71. Oct 1, 2015
    A modern day classic. An excellent game for adults and children alike.

Excellent graphics. Excellent level design. A joy to play with good use of the WII U controller.
  72. Sep 21, 2015
    I honestly have trouble finding fault in Super Mario 3D World. A fantastic game and a much-needed fresh take on a Mario platformer. In my opinion, a must-have for any Wii U owner.
  73. Sep 11, 2015
    soy un super fan de Mario... Nintendo con sus personajes en especial Mario y Link nos maravillan con sus ideas, este titulo de Mario me parece uno de los mejores acompañando a titulazos como Mario Galaxy 1 y 2
    De este juego he disfrutado bastante y no me canso de jugarlo...!!!!
  74. Sep 6, 2015

Best Co-op experience on Nintendo Consoles in ages and funnest game of Mario ever !

+ 4 player coop
    + Power-ups
    + Level design
    + Difficult later levels and great challenge in main levels to 100% completion

- Overpowered Rosalina
  75. Aug 28, 2015
    es realmente entretenido con calidad al 100%, divertido y muy bueno, hay muchas palabras positivas para describir el juego como divertido. Recomendado.
  76. Aug 24, 2015
    Its pays with the familiar, but it brings enough new ideas to make this a mario that keeps surprising and improving. It's not groundbreaking within the series like World, 64 or Galaxy (hence the '9' and not a '10'), but it's still a gorgeous title loaded with hours of refined gameplay, and most importantly: it's incredibly fun. My only caveat: the camera could be improved since at timesIts pays with the familiar, but it brings enough new ideas to make this a mario that keeps surprising and improving. It's not groundbreaking within the series like World, 64 or Galaxy (hence the '9' and not a '10'), but it's still a gorgeous title loaded with hours of refined gameplay, and most importantly: it's incredibly fun. My only caveat: the camera could be improved since at times the depth perception, even for an experience player, can be misleading. Expand
  77. Aug 24, 2015
    This is a really cool game but I miss the old mario style and the simplicity, this game is really modern and the characters are really new and modern but it's a little bit disturbing at point, all in all a good game though
  78. Aug 24, 2015
    This game is awesome! Every level is fun, fresh, and creative. The graphics are great, possibly the best so far on the Wii-U. The music is so catchy. You will humming some songs all day long. The game is never repetitive so it never becomes boring. This game has so many pros but there is one con… The game is pretty easy. But just because the game is easy doesn't mean that it's not funThis game is awesome! Every level is fun, fresh, and creative. The graphics are great, possibly the best so far on the Wii-U. The music is so catchy. You will humming some songs all day long. The game is never repetitive so it never becomes boring. This game has so many pros but there is one con… The game is pretty easy. But just because the game is easy doesn't mean that it's not fun because as I've said, it is. This game will keep you occupied for a long time. Expand
  79. Aug 24, 2015
    superscheisse.superscheisse. superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse.superscheisse. Expand
  80. Aug 17, 2015
    Juego de Mario entretenido y colorido, le faltaron varios jefes finales, como varios hijos de bowser, el detalle en cada nivel es fabuloso , la música acompaña bien. un juego infaltable en tu colección de wii u!
  81. Aug 10, 2015
    Story/Concept: Take Super Mario 3D Land, bring it to the Wii U, add 4-player co-op, BAM! DONE! I'M OUT! Bowser's plan is stealing these pixies (whose name I don't know and whose purpose I'm not aware of), so Mario and the gang chase Bowser into an alternate dimension and (obsviously) they have to stop him.

Graphics/Design: This game would make Vincent Van Gogh jealous. The 1080p and

Graphics/Design: This game would make Vincent Van Gogh jealous. The 1080p and 60fps graphics are absolutely stunning.

Sound: The music is cute and whimsical. I espically love those wind-up soldiers during the train levels. Some of the stages are musical too.

Gameplay: The gameplay is simple, but easy to understand. It's also at times really challenging, and I would be lying if I said it wasn't fun.

Multiplayer/Extras: I didn't try out the co-op, but the game is littered with secrets, making some of those new power ups useful.

Verdict: This game is fantastic! Nothing more, nothing less.
  82. Aug 9, 2015
    Nintendo did it again! A great 3D game with tons of innovation! Good soundtracks, good graphic, the only thing I have to criticise is the difficulty. It's way too easy in the first seven worlds! It's not Mario's best adventure in years but it's a funny family game for everyone!
  83. Aug 9, 2015
    Wow. Yet again Nintendo proves that they can make astounding games. By far the most fun game in the franchise, Super Mario 3d Land does provides brilliant gameplay and excellent co-op! However, the main reason why I have given this game an 8 is due to its lack of content after you finish the story (if you can call it that). I do realise Mario was made to be linear but knowing NintendoWow. Yet again Nintendo proves that they can make astounding games. By far the most fun game in the franchise, Super Mario 3d Land does provides brilliant gameplay and excellent co-op! However, the main reason why I have given this game an 8 is due to its lack of content after you finish the story (if you can call it that). I do realise Mario was made to be linear but knowing Nintendo (the greatest game developers on earth) they could've added a bit more content. And you can expect no use of the gamepad in this title. Overall I would say this game is amazing and it is worth the $50 you pay for it. It's just I thought it needed more content. 8! Expand
  84. Jul 18, 2015
    I must admit to having been very skeptical about this game upon announcement feeling it was taking a direction in 3d Mario games I did not want, but as it turns out the games is utterly fantastic.
    The simple visuals easily disguise the detail and polish in the game from start to finish. SM3DW is a beautiful game that oozes craftsmanship.
    It is a BIG game too. You're getting your monies
    It is a BIG game too. You're getting your monies worth for sure. It remains fresh throughout, ensuring it does not get repetitive and that each level offers something different.
    The ability to play the whole game 4-player is welcomed feature too and having Peach and ROslina to play with makes me very happy!
    You should own a Wii U and you should own this game.
  85. Jul 14, 2015
    The sheer joy of playing this game can’t be described in words. That feeling of adopting a pet might be the closest thing that resembles the feeling. At first, it just seems too different. But then it slowly grows on you and all the sudden you are licked in the eye by a wet tongue. And for once it’s not Luigi waking you in your sleep!

Everything in this game is just fun. The adventure

Everything in this game is just fun. The adventure is long. There are many surprises and challenges and things to find. Playing with a friend or friends is amazing as well. The co-op aspect is the best part and almost silly to think how few games have this anymore. Just when you think the game is over, it keeps going and going!

Some things that would be nice to see in a follow up would be a larger selection of characters. Imagine if you had the roster from ‘Smash Brothers to play with in this game! Or leaderboards for each level and some sort of weekly scavenger hunt. Another thing that would be nice would be voice-overs for the cut scenes and online play. And lastly, the stars you collect should be gold not green.

Surprises don’t seem to come along very much these days for games but this is one nice surprise. Bravo Nintendo for showing the modern gaming world what’s at the heart of why many of us first started playing games; the fun and adventure of exploring.
  86. Jul 11, 2015
    La música chulisima, la ambientación del juego muy buena, para los que jugamos de toda la vida al super Mario, una delicia. Divertido, entretenido y para toda la familia!
  87. Jul 9, 2015
    A really fantastic Mario game! Definitely one of my favorites, after I beat it i went back and played several levels because they are really fun. I love the character options and all of the extra worlds! It truly is spectacular!
  88. Jun 16, 2015
    I loved this game. The graphics are beautiful, the game is in the right tone of difficulty, and the levels are always fun. I like how the playable characters have their own unique abilities. My only complaint is that collectibles are required. You get to the castle and about to go in the level, but you have to collect a certain amount of green stars and you have to backtrack in one of theI loved this game. The graphics are beautiful, the game is in the right tone of difficulty, and the levels are always fun. I like how the playable characters have their own unique abilities. My only complaint is that collectibles are required. You get to the castle and about to go in the level, but you have to collect a certain amount of green stars and you have to backtrack in one of the previously completed levels to just collect one and you have to beat the level all over again or else you won't get the green star.

Overall this game is worth your time because there is A LOT of stuff to do.
  89. May 31, 2015
    mario 3dworld es un juego brillante en todos sus espectos, despues del genial mario galaxy la vara estaba muy alta, pero nintendo la hizo otra ves, mario3dworld es una obra maestra, a reiventado los plataformas 3d nuevamente la mescla entre 2d y 3d hacen del juego muy innovador, los nuevos trajes de gato kawai, me hacen sacar una sonrisa y alegria de que aun se pueden hacer joyas, y crearmario 3dworld es un juego brillante en todos sus espectos, despues del genial mario galaxy la vara estaba muy alta, pero nintendo la hizo otra ves, mario3dworld es una obra maestra, a reiventado los plataformas 3d nuevamente la mescla entre 2d y 3d hacen del juego muy innovador, los nuevos trajes de gato kawai, me hacen sacar una sonrisa y alegria de que aun se pueden hacer joyas, y crear mecanicas unicas, escalar y jugar con varios amigos es una locura, la musica es brillante atletic y double cherry mis favoritas, la dificultad ese jodido nivel la prueba final para los campeones me hizo sudar, los minijuegos de capitan toad dieron mas rejugabilidad y la cantidad de niveles y extrellas repartidas me hicieron gozar de maravilla, mario la vuelve hacer y nintendo demuestra por que es la mejor desarrolladora, a disfrutar!! Expand
  90. May 24, 2015
    This is probably my least favorite console 3D mario game, but I like it better than any 2D mario game. Between the excellently crafted gameplay, amazing music, and impressive visuals, this game takes the vanilla mario experience and makes it what Nintendo dreamed of in 1986.
  91. May 8, 2015
    Perfect 3D Game for the Wii U from its cheery graphics to new items,new bosses and much much more! That's why I give this game single player mode 10/10! Multiplayer 9/10 because of camera angles.
  92. Apr 26, 2015
    At first I was just pissed off that this isn't super mario galaxy 3, but trust me, this game is brilliant. I would give this a 9.5 if metacritic allowed it. Chose to go 9 because 10 sounded too fanboyant. It isn't super mario galaxy 3 which kinda sucks, but well worth it.
  93. Apr 26, 2015
    Not as good as the Galaxy Series and Super Mario 3D Land but still good. If you don't like SM3DW, you are silly as J. Bieber. The graphics are awesome. The controls are good, except why does the gamepad ALWAYS have to be Player 1? The gameplay is good. The characters are so frigging awesome. My bro fufufu plays as Luigi (Weegee) and the only character I play as is Mario. Also, why do myNot as good as the Galaxy Series and Super Mario 3D Land but still good. If you don't like SM3DW, you are silly as J. Bieber. The graphics are awesome. The controls are good, except why does the gamepad ALWAYS have to be Player 1? The gameplay is good. The characters are so frigging awesome. My bro fufufu plays as Luigi (Weegee) and the only character I play as is Mario. Also, why do my bro and I have to share lives? Why can't they make it like NSMB where we have our own? This frigging sucks. The level designs suck, except the Mario Kart looking stage and Super Bell Hill. Tyfoo Flurry used to suck bad as well but now it is one of my favourites. Super Mario 3D World is a good game and I recommend any gamer to buy this if they own a Wii U. Expand
  94. Apr 18, 2015
    Pretty as it is, it's still just a 3D version of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Pretty as it is, it's still just a 3D version of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Super Mario 3D World is a sort-of successor to Super Mario 3D Land. As you might have guessed, this means the gameplay is almost identical. I wasn't the biggest fan of the new gameplay style at first. I though it took a lot of the creativity and wonder out of the Mario games and made 3D Land far too easy. 3D World still feels formulaic, however it does bring some new ideas to the table. It is also much harder than 3D Land ever was. One major bonus of the new gameplay that is exploited in 3D World is 4-Player Local Multi-Player. This is great fun and I would highly recommend that you play this game with friends and family. I also recommend it because the game is no-where near as fun alone. Just like it's predecessor, it fails to be as fun as Mario's previous 3D solo adventures.

It's a shame because everything else in this game is well done. It looks very pretty, the soundtrack, while generic at times, is pretty decent, the controls are nice and simple and the game has plenty of content and replay value. But the lack of a fun single-player experience stops this game from being another great Mario title.

If you are a die-hard Mario fan, you will probably find enough enjoyment playing single-player. But as for everyone else, this game is best with other people. And if you play it that way you will likely have a great time. But for those who are waiting for the next great 3D Mario adventure, this is not the game for you.
  95. Apr 16, 2015
    This game is real fun. It plays beautifully and is one of the master Wii U titles. It is good in single player and multiplayer with great levels. I have only one complaint for this masterpiece, but even this is tiny. To get to the boss battle in most, or if not, every world, you need to have enough green stars which is a bit annoying, but this can't stop me from giving this a 10/10. If youThis game is real fun. It plays beautifully and is one of the master Wii U titles. It is good in single player and multiplayer with great levels. I have only one complaint for this masterpiece, but even this is tiny. To get to the boss battle in most, or if not, every world, you need to have enough green stars which is a bit annoying, but this can't stop me from giving this a 10/10. If you are considering whether or not the Wii U is worth it, this game pretty much gives you the answer to that question. The Wii U is worth your money. Expand
  96. Apr 6, 2015
    great game. imagine the platforming of mario galaxy but no gravity switches. that's this game. this game is almost perfect. good co-op, easy controls, unlockables, great sense of adventure and platforming and my favorite part is multiple characters that have something special about them. the story is same old but what do you expect from mario.
  97. Mar 30, 2015
    Very nice graphics and funny, creative stages but stop holding the player in the hand all the time. The game is way, way too easy for my taste. The multiplayer is not much of a thing since the camera can't zoom out far enough if players get separated. Same problem as Donkey Kong Country has. It's without a doubt a really good game but an easy one at that.
  98. Mar 23, 2015
    Not a bad game but not a good one either, my biggest complaint is the game is too easy and doesn't offer much of a challenge, I'm convinced Nintendo's target audience was for children age inbetween 5 and 10 for this one. The graphics are nice but simple, I don't understand why WII U owners boast over this having 60 fps, 60 fps isn't too hard to achieve when the graphics look this simple.Not a bad game but not a good one either, my biggest complaint is the game is too easy and doesn't offer much of a challenge, I'm convinced Nintendo's target audience was for children age inbetween 5 and 10 for this one. The graphics are nice but simple, I don't understand why WII U owners boast over this having 60 fps, 60 fps isn't too hard to achieve when the graphics look this simple. Also the game is very short. However saying that the game did have it's fun moments when playing multiplayer. Expand
  99. Mar 22, 2015
    One of the best MARIO 3D GAMES! It's absolutely amazing, we can finally play as many characters. There are lot of new FUN and COOL elements- After one year it truly needs a DLC with more characters or worlds!!
  100. Mar 22, 2015
    Sharpen your claws and get ready to pounce because Mario 3D World is here! When it was first revealed, I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical but thankfully, Nintendo has proved me wrong. Nearly every level introduces a great new concept from the cloning Double Cherries to speeding down a Mario Circuit-esque racetrack. The addition of four (and a secret) playable characters makes the game haveSharpen your claws and get ready to pounce because Mario 3D World is here! When it was first revealed, I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical but thankfully, Nintendo has proved me wrong. Nearly every level introduces a great new concept from the cloning Double Cherries to speeding down a Mario Circuit-esque racetrack. The addition of four (and a secret) playable characters makes the game have that much more replay value! I'd still rather have Power Stars but flagpoles and world maps are fine with me. Expand
  101. Nov 22, 2013
    By far the funnest Mario game in years! I urge anyone with a wii u to purchase this game. This is pure AAA grade Nintendo gaming. The local multiplayer is an absolute blast anyone can join & leave whenever. Perfect game for families or hanging out with friends. Highly recommended!

1. Jan 28, 2015
    This game was yet another solid, fun-for-days title in the Mario series.
  2. Jul 25, 2014
    While not as revolutionary as Mario 64 or Galaxy, 3D World manages to feel simultaneously fresh and nostalgic in a way the New Super Mario Bros. series never quite realized.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    Mario Galaxies have finally gotten the follow up they so rightfully deserve. Fun, exciting and surprising, Super Mario 3D World is everything a good platformer needs to be. [Dec 2013]