7.6

1. Feb 10, 2014
    The bonus features of the Wii U port is so much fun. The Mushroom mode is ok, and can get very confusing, but the inclusion of painting on characters and the Nintendo themed costumes make this port of the game superior by far. Tekken ball is ok, but the game itself is fun on all consoles. With a massive roster of characters, each character has their own entertaining ending. This game lasts a long time before it is complete. I have owned this game for around a year now, and still am not finished with it yet. Expand
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    I'm no expert in Tekken games, but this game is so mesmerisingly beautiful that expertise won't even be an issue. The standards such as Arcade and Team Battle are mechanically crisp, and will provide entertainment for countless hours whether you're going solo or in versus mode with friends. But what separates this version from the others is, of course, the Nintendo-based content. The various kinds of Mushroom Battles are mainly for giggles and are purely for fun - great for battles with friends. Each of the fighters also have costumes pertaining to a certain Nintendo character, such as the hilarious Peach-dress on Panda. Because the fighters in the game are generally quite serious in attitude, it's quite funny to see them being serious while being ridiculously dressed. Pleasing aesthetics with beautiful mechanics makes this a brilliant game to play. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2013
    Tekken Tag 2 wii u edition is pretty decent fighting game I've always wanted to play! I play Tekken on arcades and ps1. Tekken Ball is very insane! I love the Nintendo exclusive outfits for Tekken characters like Mario, Luigi, Samus, Zelda, Link, and more! Any Nintendo or Tekken fans will recommend this game. If you own a ps3/360 game, sounds like if you want to?
  4. Feb 13, 2013
    Being that this was my first Tekken game, I thought it was just going to be Soulcalibur with fists instead of swords. Turns out it's a lot more that that. From the great graphics, many colorful characters, and powerhouse fighting, there's never a dull moment in this game. Whle the Nintendo outfits are hit or miss, the news modes like Mushroom Battle are good fun if you get a second player in on them. The only complaint I have lies in the controls as they take a while to get used to if you're brand new to the series, especially the blocking. Otherwise, go grab it. It's worth your time to the fullest extent. Expand
  5. Mar 8, 2013
    As a veteran tekken player (Since tekken 2) i can say without doubt that this is one of the best tekken games ever (top 3). The gameplay is the best in the series. There are tons of characters (trust me, this is very important), and the graphics are great. The real gem here is the multiplayer. It is very addicting and fun to go up the rankings and receive cool nicknames and other stuff. The ranking system makes sure you always play against players on your level (if you want to) and The characters are well balanced (though not perfectly). As for the wii u mechanics, It is alot of fun to play this game on the gamepad, in bed for instance. Very recommended! Expand
  6. Apr 13, 2014
    Tekken finally on a Nintendo system? Sounds cool, and it is cool. I didn't get a Wii U until a little later into it's life, so I only ever played Tag 2 on the 360 or PS3. I always heard about these cool features the Wii U version had, and I didn't understand why the 360 or PS3 versions didn't have them. Then I realized, Nintendo probably ended up conducted a deal with the Tekken developers. This was just a little thought I always had.

With that aside, as usual it's a Tekken game and is amazing. The extra content, like volleyball mode and mushrooms mode is fun. Mushrooms mode is a little glitch and volleyball mode can take some getting use to, but they're still something different and fun.

The graphics are amazing, It's great seeing a Tekken game with upgraded graphics for the Wii U. It just shows what the Wii U will be capable of in the future.

Now there is something I would like to mention, I'm a big online player and mostly only play this game online. What I found really cool, was something I found really stupid at the same time. you are able to place actions into the Wii U gamepad in practice mode, and they follow through into online mode. I don't mean just single moves, I mean fairly lengthy combos, you can also place in the power moves. Sure it doesn't allow the 10 hit combos, but you can place 5 combos into it, and it can basically act as a 10 hit combo, if not more, with the tap of the screen. You tap each combo, etc....On the gamepad, and it does it with a single finger tap. I did a little test online, and just spammed all 5 inputs. It was almost impossible for the other person to hit me. Now this may appear as "Awesome". Let me tell you, it was cool, but also very stupid. It was good to the point where you didn't need to get frustrated, for not being able to do a specific combo. It was extremely stupid to the point where it just takes no skill and my 3 year old nephew could beat a fairly skilled player.

If you like an easy win, then do this. If you're more into skilled playing, then I would suggest staying away from this feature. It is fairly odd they would put in a feature like this. After all, Tekken is all about skill.

Anyway, we all know the deal. It's Tekken, and it's fun. Sure it's not perfect, but no game is. I give it an 8.
  7. Jan 12, 2013
    Get ready for the next review! (sorry I couldn't help but go there) Tekken appears on a Nintendo console for the first time and it is epic. The gamepad isn't used very well but the Nintendo themed bonus content and inclusion of the other versions dlc make this the best version of the game and if you have the choice, definitely get on Wii U as it's the one that gets the most bang for your buck.
  8. Dec 16, 2012
    finally a Tekken game on a nintendo system..a lot of fun with tekken ball mode and versus mode..but this game doesnt use the gamepad with all its power like zombi u or nintendo land..
  9. Jun 18, 2014
    There really isn't a lot to say about this game. Tekken Tag 2 is an excellent game, so this game is every bit as fun as the original, but there are a few differences (+ means pro and - means con, by the way) + The new game modes are fun, especially the return of Tekken Ball + The new costumes look nice + The loading times are slightly faster than the PS3 version + The commands assigned to the gamepad may be a nice thing for beginners and those not used to the gamepad

- Tekken Tunes is essentially useless as you cannot store your own music on the console's hard drive and you can't download new music, you just choose from the songs already present in the game
    - The music that plays in Tekken Ball mode cannot be changed and may be considered by some to be unfitting and annoying
    - Although Tekken is a series that prides itself on a consistent 60FPS framerate, this version dropped far below that pretty frequently. The game slowed down and lagged when I was playing offline with only two characters in their default costumes on screen, it was worse than the lag I experienced playing online on the PS3. This is my biggest complaint and is unacceptable, especially considering the fact that the Wii U is a much newer console than the PS3. This is especially noticeable in stages with water, such as Fontana di Trevi, in which the gameplay slows down to somewhere around 75-80% of the normal speed. I also noticed that some characters, such as Tiger, made the game slow down more than with other characters. The inconsistent speed of the game makes it a much more frustrating and unfair experience. The slowdown was even worse online.
    - There is almost nobody online at any given time, those who are are very high in rank
    - The gamepad commands are not very useful for those who play the game on other consoles
    - Although the gamepad is a decent controller, the d-pad is not really well suited for fighting games and I found some commands harder to input than on the PS3, although this is not necessarily a flaw with the product it's still worth mentioning
    - The gameplay cannot be seen on the gamepad, unless this is changed in the settings menu, but then the sound can only be heard through the gamepad, not the TV.

In summary, if you have a PS3, stick to that version, but if you only have a Wii U, this is a perfectly adequate substitute for casual players. The number of technical flaws with the game should dissuade professional players or fans of the series from purchasing this version just for the additional features.

1. Jan 24, 2013
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition is a great fighting game. This version is as great as the others, and the nice extras are good enough to grant fun and laughters. If you're looking for a good fighting game for the new Nintendo console, this is your best choice.
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    Despite some minor technical issues and a forgettable use of the Gamepad, TTT2 Wii U Edition holds up to the challenge thanks to the same great production value we've come to know and the additional content packed in directly from the start.
  3. Jan 15, 2013
    The best technical fighting game on a Ninty home console since the days of the SNES. [Feb 2013, p.76]