9.0

1. Feb 24, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda game with the most memorable characters made almost perfect with some amazing lightning effects and HD textures. For those who have played the original I don't need to mention how great this game is. For those who have never played the game and want to call themselves gamers, you owe it to yourselves to play this game. It's beautiful, calming, just magnificent.
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    A fantastic adventure that feels as current, if not even more, then the actual games of today. Looks and play great. Probably the best The Legend of Zelda to date.
  3. Apr 20, 2014
    This isn't just an ordinary remake. This is the single best remake I have ever played. Showing off beautiful 1080p there are no complaints for this. Though it is not my favorite Wii U game, it comes in a close second
  4. Apr 27, 2014
    Truly a well crafted piece of art work, it's hard to think that a ten year old game gets ready made into the greatest looking Zelda game of all time and one of the best Wii U games currently. Is it the best zelda game ever, some say yes, some say no. I can only say that it is my favourite Zelda game ever. The sea gives a certain joy to exploring that other games don't. The sun actuallyTruly a well crafted piece of art work, it's hard to think that a ten year old game gets ready made into the greatest looking Zelda game of all time and one of the best Wii U games currently. Is it the best zelda game ever, some say yes, some say no. I can only say that it is my favourite Zelda game ever. The sea gives a certain joy to exploring that other games don't. The sun actually makes you smile when you leave a dark cave, and happy when you look at waterfalls and cliffs a certain way that feels the same as sitting on a beach. Does this games charm and elegance make up for a boring ending? Yes it does. That is the only negative to this game. It possess all the strong elements you want...

Strong story
    familiar elements
    looks amazing
    and new interesting world to explore.

A must play game for zelda fans but if you do not like cell shading or cartoon like I would move on.
  5. Nov 2, 2016
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

First: i´m not a cel shading fan. Of course i´m not saying that it´s bad, and it isn´t. Sometimes it´s beautiful. Second: i love zelda, and in that time i really wanted a realistic zelda. After all this game is big because it proved by itself that it´s a masterpiece. Nintendo proved with this game that it´s a company apart from the rest and i explain why: 10 years later i played this game on WiiU and the feeling was... Breathtaking
  6. Jun 5, 2014
    An easier game in the Legend of Zelda franchise, but still extremely fun. The game-pad was very useful and cool as it was used for your map and items and so you didn't need to pause the game and go to a separate screen just to check the map quick or switch an item. Anyone from any age would enjoy this game.
  7. Jun 30, 2014
    Wind Waker was a great gem back in 2003. Zelda: Wind Waker HD on the Wii U is even better.

They have added game pad controls so the menus aren't clunky and you have instant access to them. They also have off screen play which is a nice bonus. Nintendo have added a hero mode to make the game harder as that was one of the complaints about the original. There is now miiverse support as

There is now miiverse support as well so if you get stuck you can ask for help. You can also post picture with the camera and post them on miiverse.

Add gyro controls for aiming etc you have a massive improvement over the original and it is definitely worth replaying again as many games today lack that little something.
  8. Mar 13, 2015
    This is a great game hampered by a few flaws.

The Good: -Beautiful cell-shaded art design makes the game pop, visually. -The controls are mostly spot-on. -Story is captivating, even if it takes some detours. -Each new island you explore is unique and introduces new items/gameplay elements to be used for the rest of the game. -Combat/sword fights are fun and surprisingly
    This is a great game hampered by a few flaws.

The Good:

-Beautiful cell-shaded art design makes the game pop, visually.

-The controls are mostly spot-on.

-Story is captivating, even if it takes some detours.

-Combat/sword fights are fun and surprisingly complex.

-Creativity and charm ooze from this game.

-Side quests give the game replay value.

-The characters--in particular Link--have very expressive facial animations. This pretty much makes up for the lack of recorded dialog.

The Bad:

-No recorded dialog....it's all text, so get ready to read when you're playing this game.

-There is no autosave and when you DO save and reload at a later time, it starts you at the BEGINNING of the level you're in every time. It's possible to spend 10 minutes or more just to get back to where you were when you autosaved. Apparently they forgot to update the save system from the 2002 Gamecube original. The game SHOULD just load at the exact spot where you saved or a nearby checkpoint--which many games do these days. But it doesn't. This is the game's biggest flaw.

-The camera angle needs to be adjusted all the time. It's manageable, but can be slightly irritating.

-Much of the time, you're given clues as to where you should go/what you should be doing through speech with other characters. However, there are times where the game really doesn't give you enough to go on and expects you to figure it out. It's like the exact opposite of games like Call of Duty, games that 'hold your hand' and give you hints as if you're an idiot. In these moments, if you're like me you'll break down and watch a YouTube playthrough of that particular section to figure out what the game should've been more clear about.

-Although it technically is an open-world game, you aren't allowed to just wander out into the world within 20 minutes of starting the game. It's not a Fallout/GTA/Far Cry type of open world. It's closer to a Super Mario Brothers type of open world where you're only allowed to replays levels you've already been to, if only to look for other quests/stuff that you either missed or haven't unlocked yet.

I recommend this game to die-hard RPG fans who can stomach some of the more frustrating aspects of this game. There's a great game to behold in there, but at times it can be buried in a lot of **** Just know what you're getting yourself into.
  9. Jul 7, 2014
    I'm not a Zelda veteran, and I've seldom sat down to put the time into a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. I originally missed the Wind Waker due to being caught up in the frenzy that was Sony, so I have no original to compare it to.

To start, I find the visuals beautiful, if this is upscaling I must say they have done a tremendous job, the aspect works perfectly being able to see far off into the distance from a simple point is quite stunning.

The use of the touchpad is done fairly well, although simply used for inventory purposes, it allows you to control it from the secondary screen while still being able to move.

Gameplay wise, I've only just cleared the first dungeon, it has taken me quite some time to get into the game, this is possibly due to me not having huge excesses of time to play on it, I feel if I had a whole day to sit and play it I would get into it more, but at parts I can find it slightly drab and tedious.

I think my reason for shying from Zelda games is because it's never had that experience point laden RPG experience I appreciate from so many other RPGs, I realise this isn't really the Zelda premise, but I sometimes think heralding back to the Zelda II: Links Adventure, may help the franchise slightly.
  10. Jul 7, 2014
    This game takes Wind Waker and smooths out the few rough edges. Wind Waker on the GameCube was already incredible, and now it's even better, this is in contention for the best Zelda game ever, this game is a must play.
  11. Jul 23, 2014
    A fantastic game that will give you extreme nostalgia. Great for Zelda beginners, and a little, fun, and quirky break for serious Zelda gamers. Really fun. The camera views are awesome, and gameplay is never too hard or boring. This would be number one recommended Wii U game, definitely.
  12. Jul 31, 2014
    The original game was one of my favourites on the Gamecube. This remake recaptures the magic and looks a lot better on my TV than the old gamecube one does!
  13. Aug 16, 2014
    I believe that this is the single best Zelda game ever. Forget a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, this is what Zelda should be like. By far my favorite game on Wii u (and I have A LOT of games), and a must-buy for anyone seeking an adventure. The dungeons are clever, the atmosphere is great, the world is huge, the items are cool, the story is memorable, and most ofI believe that this is the single best Zelda game ever. Forget a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, this is what Zelda should be like. By far my favorite game on Wii u (and I have A LOT of games), and a must-buy for anyone seeking an adventure. The dungeons are clever, the atmosphere is great, the world is huge, the items are cool, the story is memorable, and most of all, the exploration never ends. Buy it now! Expand
  14. Aug 24, 2014
    As an improvement on the original, Wind Waker HD offers Wind Waker with a little extra oomph.

Controls are the standard of most Zelda games and with the addition of counter move in this game the combat is fluid and fun. The adaption of the pad's gyroscope allows for a more direct experience with certain items that allows the player to be more involved and works very well. Of course, the player can choose to play the game in the original format which is always a plus.

Wind Waker's world is massive and I mean massive. It's a gorgeous world to be explored but its sheer size means most of the map is empty with maybe a treasure here or there with most of it being rupees. That being said, one of the biggest problems was sailing was tedious if you wanted to explore in the original but this new one fixes it by offering a special item that cuts travel time quickly and allows the world to be explored more efficiently. Another improvement is the game's flow, modifications to a certain aspect of the game allows for the experience to feel more fluid and less choppy near the end. With these improvements, Wind Waker HD is without a doubt one of the best Zeldas.

Also I just love the art style, it's very charming.
  15. Sep 2, 2014
    first this game is the best zelda game I've played the great open sea the nice dungeons the beautiful graphics awesome gameplay all together combine in this one masterpiece
  16. Sep 15, 2014
    There's nothing to say about Wind Waker that hasn't been said before.
    With this remake, the game looks even more beautiful, the audio is even higher quality and the slight issues it had before are fixed.
    There's nothing to say about Wind Waker that hasn't been said before.
    However, there were some other issues I had with it: I was a bit confused by the item-screen on the gamepad, and changing items using the touchpad scared me since I felt like I was scratching the screen trying to move the items. Just nitpicking. I like the idea but in my case it slowed me down a little. Also, aiming with the WiiU-gamepad was kind of difficult and left you vulnerable for slightly longer than necessary.
    Other than that, the new controls worked fine (although naturally it confused me at first, as someone used to playing it on the GameCube) and I had a blast playing it in it's new form.
    This game is special in many ways, it wasn't afraid to break new ground with it's visual artstyle back in 2002 and it looks fantastic in HD. The battles run smooth and are immensely fun, and the bosses are just as great. Sailing is faster, the part of the game labeled as the most tedious is shortened, and the newly added Tingle Bottles are a nice touch that I like way better than the Tingle Tuner.
    In conclusion, Wind Waker HD is worth its price. The developers took an already marvelous game and sprinkled some extra gloriousness on top of it.
    I can definitely recommend it.
  17. Oct 27, 2014
    An excellent combat system is Wind Waker's biggest strength, offering tactical and precise fights with a very nice variety of enemies. Gorgeous design and overall interesting puzzles are abundant as well, but you may be patient with the very tedious sailing mechanic, which is very important in this game.
  18. Jun 1, 2015
    This game is amazing. Now I am not a diehard Zelda fan but I have played quite a few Zelda games before in my life and I have never had as much fun as this. The story is amazing, the art style is amazing, the feel is amazing, what else can I say? This is a must buy for anyone who owns a Wii U, 10/10.
  19. Dec 5, 2014
    Probably the best HD remake game I have ever played with some great improvements and beautiful HD graphics, in short it was amazing game on the gamecube and it's even better now on the Wii U
  20. Feb 7, 2015
    Without a doubt one of the best games ever. And probably the best remake ever, too. Everything also appears fixed in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. The graphics are incredible, the story is amazing and the gameplay is fun and exciting. A true Wii U masterpiece. 10/10
  21. Dec 22, 2014
    Simple put.. absolutely amazing. They fixed everything wrong with the first game to make it into an even more enjoyable experience. It's so beautiful and has amazing dungeon exploring and puzzle solving. I also love Wind Waker's open world.
  22. Dec 29, 2014
    A classic revisited. It is true that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD was an time buyier for the Zelda fans until the Wii U exclusive, but the visuals, the Miiverse incursion, and the happiness to sail again in this big sea makes a delicious adventure cake. If you didnt played the Game Cube version, this is your chance to face one of the best games of the franchise.
  23. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  24. Mar 16, 2015
    Eigentlich wusste ich schon etwaig , wie die Story ablaufen wird , da ich schon ein Let's Play dazu angeschaut habe , trotzdem konnte mich das Spiel dermaßen überzeugen in Punkto Freiheit und Gameplay , dass ich einfach 10 Punkte hergeben musste . Dieses Game steht auf Platz 5 meiner Top Zeldas , was aber eher positiv gesehen werden sollte ;) Das einzigste , was wirklich genervt hat , warEigentlich wusste ich schon etwaig , wie die Story ablaufen wird , da ich schon ein Let's Play dazu angeschaut habe , trotzdem konnte mich das Spiel dermaßen überzeugen in Punkto Freiheit und Gameplay , dass ich einfach 10 Punkte hergeben musste . Dieses Game steht auf Platz 5 meiner Top Zeldas , was aber eher positiv gesehen werden sollte ;) Das einzigste , was wirklich genervt hat , war das Geisterschiff zu finden . Die Triforcesuche wurde zwar verbessert , aber das hat mich dann schon echt aufgeregt . Neue Features wie das rote Segel oder die Tingleflaschen haben den Spielverlauf spannender und flüssiger gemacht , also kann ich nur sagen , dass dies ein gelungener Port war ^-^ Expand
  25. Jun 21, 2015
    A great zelda game bytheway...This time in high definition. Funny game with a certain challenge. Not the best zelda anyway, but great game after all. Amazing gameplay, sound na graphics. A "must buy" game.
  26. Jun 22, 2015
    I really loved this game. I've never played the original, but this game was full of color and fun. The game itself had an easy game play and only a few issues with the auto-camera. Other than that this game more than met my expectations. The use of the map on the Wii U game pad was also a very nice touch.
  27. Aug 20, 2015
    Incredible game. Gameplay is gripping until the end, open world feature is outstanding. For every gamer, not just Zelda fans. This game inspired me to take an interest in Zelda and I am now a fan! :D
  28. Aug 22, 2015
    I never played the original version, but this HD port is pretty great. It might not be the Zelda game some were hoping for on the Wii U, but it definitely has the dungeons, puzzles, and boss enemies the fans of the franchise love.
  29. Jul 8, 2016
    El concepto de belleza hecho videojuego. Una aventura llena de sentimientos y épica con tu barquito navegando por el mar, descubriendo hasta el último rincón de cada isla. Una narrativa genial, jugabilidad digna de la saga Zelda y ciertas mejoras respecto al original.
  30. Sep 18, 2015
    This game is perfect in every way. The graphics are beautiful, the dungeons are epic, the characters are awesome, the gyro controls are seamless, and the camera controls like butter. It is amazing. If you played the original Wind Waker then go get this game it will bring back some memories. This is a must have.

1. Jan 6, 2014
    After ten years Wind Waker is still as magical as it was when it was first released. The Wii U is all of a sudden looking like a console worth considering.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Fond memories of older games can oftentimes come to shatter when revisited but The Wind Waker still shines bright even after ten years. It is almost hard to believe the game is even that old. The battles, the dungeons and the sidequests are all still top notch and wrapped in timeless cartoon graphics. Have you not yet been enchanted by The Wind Waker then now is a better time than ever.
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    Wind Waker HD is a must play game not just for Zelda fans, but for every gamer.