8.5

1. Sep 15, 2013
    Wonderful 101 is a breath of fresh air for gamers everywhere. It's a fun new concept wrapped up in a beautiful high quality presentation.

At its core, it's a beat 'em up adventure game. It boils down to learning enemy weaknesses and scoring high hitting combo attacks. You control a group of superheroes who must defend Earth from an outer-space invasion. The controls are innovative and
    take a little while to learn, and making that effort is rewarded. The controls are tight and become intuitive after investing a little time to learn and practice them. The Wonderful 101 also utilizes many features of Wii U's unique gamepad controller. The music and sound in Wonderful 101 are top notch. It has an over the top attitude and feels like a high quality animation is playing out before you because of the great sound and graphics. Everything about this game is polished and shines quality.

All in all, this game breaks new ground and deserves a perfect score for taking gamers somewhere unexpected and WONDERFUL!!!
  2. Sep 15, 2013
    This game has more fun packed in, than the ocean has fish. It's bright coloured cute exterior hides its kickass gameplay. This game alone makes me proud to own a Wii U.
  3. Sep 15, 2013
    The last fatigue of Platinum Games is an awesome game, a masterpiece. Level design is excellent, it offers a lot of secrets ways for secret and optional trials/mission, it's so challenging explore the entire level with "head".
    Character design is beautiful, i mean, there are a lot of quotes of anime, manga, japan culture and even auto-quotes of Platinum Games itself...all the characters
    are funny and charismatic...and...wow, we've got 100 unique heroes, each one of them have got his personal page with weapons, descriptions, name, ecc.
    This game is so reach of content, it's really wonderful. But now, let's talk about one of the most important thing of the game: the battle system. Is truly genial, it's the summa of precedent PG (or Clover Studios) games, like Okami, Bayonetta, Viewtiful Joe, but also add new features, like the morfo unions, that are absolutely genius. It's fust, technical, deep and offers a lot of opportunities.
    The game itself offer during the main story an incredible amount of different situations, it's a surprise after a surprise, from the beginning, to the end...and there is epicness at amazing level.
    This W101 is my favourite Wii U game, it's awesome and a like to prize originality. The has got some defects, but all of theme are destroyed by the quality of the product, in its entirely.
    This is probably my favourite Platinum Games game ever and one of my favourite game of all time...it fits perfectly on Wii U and its line up.
  4. Sep 15, 2013
    This game is a through back to the innocence of childhood, it has over the top anime plot with the nostalgic feeling of a Saturday morning cartoon show of super hero band saving the day. To describe the plot as "epic" is an understatement!

It also has sections where the gameplay drastically changes, you have the beat-em-up, your Starfox shooter, and your punch-out, to name a few. This
    game feels fresh, original, and creative compared to the mainstream games we love today.

The reason I gave it a 10 is because I believe this is an instant classic! a gem of a game in this day and age, an experience that should not be missed! it's not a perfect, but if you are gamer enough, you won't have any trouble with it!

so instead of explaining to you what makes the game great, I'll ask you a bunch of question, and you can count the pros and cons yourself ;)

1) do you love fast paced hardcore action game with skills that requires your mastery (learning curve)?

2) do you like games that offers a verity of polished core experience full of unique gameplay mechanics?

3) do you like collecting/unlocking and replay value?(seriously, I'm 50 hours in, just over half way to 100% this!)

4) do you like local multiplayer for up to 5 player co-op madness?

5) do you like retro games and their nostalgia?

6) do you like anime with over the top insanity like Gurren Lagann?

7) do you enjoy watching the classic struggle of good vs evil, team work, and super heroes like power ranger or justice league?

8) do you like hilarious dialogue, character banter, and character development?

9) do you love escalation plot twist that words can't even begin to describe?

if you counted more pros than cons, than THIS GAME IS FOR YOU! buy it! considering the time I spent playing it, this game is well worth the money!
  5. Sep 16, 2013
    I feel at the moment this game is a real example of gaming injustice. It deserves so much more praise and recognition than it's getting because it is a truly remarkable game.

First of all, let me get the negatives out the way. There were a few moments of sheer frustration, particularly with a couple of points where the game shifts to the Gamepad. However most of the moments of
    frustration I had were due to me not timing something correctly or me just not being quite good at the game and the aforementioned moments were few and far between. The control scheme takes quite a while to adjust to, and at points it felt a little finicky. However, despite what some may say I think this is a fairly minor complaint in the grand scheme of things. I stand by the view that if controls are a little awkward or finicky, but the game at its core is super fun and worth investing my time in, I can try my best get over any control issues (for example with Kid Icarus Uprising). This is Speer of like a fighting game. You could opt for drawing the shapes on the Gamepad, but whilst it's easier it's also slower kind of like a Simple mode in a fighting game. Learn to use the second stick however, and it becomes more intuitive. Like trying to perfect your dragon punch motion of a fight stick. It's about mastering controls and developing the muscle memory.

The most notable complaint I have with the game is that there are some mechanics in the game it doesn't do a particularly great job of teaching you. Wonder Build for example, whilst it doesn't come up too often, is really poorly explained (namely the point where it requires ALL your characters to be a part of the Morph) and to some it may feel like it throws you in the deep end a little too early.

Though honestly that's where the significant negatives end for me.

This game is just bursting with charm. From its zany characters, location and enemy designs (it was pretty amazing how every enemy looked very distinct and was wicked memorable despite the fact that they all used the same black colour scheme), the dialogue and interactions, the wealth of hidden content and extras and of course the super bright art style that achieves a comic feel despite the fact that it isn't cel-shaded and for the most part lacks the visual onomatopoeia that you see in a game such as Viewtiful Joe. Not to mention the various references made not only to games in Platinum's past history but also a couple of Nintendo's (namely Starfox and one other that I shan't explicitly say in the post as I want to keep it spoiler free but it made me fangasm).
    Then there's the incredibly robust battle system. As I said before, I can look past control niggles if the game is at its core worth investing time into, and this game most certainly is. Once elements finally start to click, you start tying together your combos, start learning the enemy types and which Unite Morph is most efficient for taking them down as well. In addition to this there's various elements such as learning when to time your Unite Guts to counter attacks (and which attacks can be countered), making proper use of the Climb Attack and targetting system and proper distribution of Battery Charge to add yet another layer to strategizing your battle plan. Anyone who thinks this game is repetitive evidently is playing it incorrectly. There's an incredible amount of variety in this game.

Though the biggest thing for me that made me love it so much was just how much it empowers the player and how much genuine hype it generates, much like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance released earlier this year. A large element of this is in the boss battles, which serve as (in my opinion) the highlights of the game. They're so grandiose and insane in design and are incredibly heart-pumping and each one gets progressively more insane than the last. The game not only makes the player feel like a super hero, but truly a whole collective of heroes. The whole concept of strength in numbers, and how this carries through both the story and gameplay really helps to accentuate times of strength and weakness throughout the game (right to the final boss, which serves as the most potent example of this). The occasional moment where you're stuck by yourself to tackle a mission/part of a mission feel almost incorrect. Not only does your character become rather feeble but the way they control in general feels almost off. And yet this isn't a bad thing, as it only really help drive the aforementioned point and theme home.

It's a real shame this game has been selling poorly. A real travesty. The gaming industry more studios like Platinum games. Truly daring developers willing to experiment with insane ideas whilst keeping the fundamentals of what constitute to an incredible game with so much depth. Whilst inexcessible, The Wonderful 101 is truly a masterclass game and definitely my favourite game this year
  6. Sep 16, 2013
    This game is a blast. The presentation is great and it makes you feel like you are in a comic book that has come to life. It is hectic and full of action that makes you want to go back and try to top your score on each level as you learn to master the controls and figure out what combos work best.

Yes, there is a learning curve but the controls are not as bad as some other reviews
    have stated. My guess is that they just didn't take the time to master them. I suggest that you try the demo and if the controls give you trouble, watch the youtube videos that have been posted that show how to work the combos. If you aren't great at heads-up drawing, try using the right stick to "draw" the shapes. It really is just like doing special moves and combos in a fighting game.

Once you get the hang of it, the game is brilliant and addicting.
  7. Sep 16, 2013
    I don't even know where to begin. The Wonderful 101 is perhaps the funnest game I've ever played in my entire life! The controls are beyond imagination for a video game- truly the pinnacle of perfection in my honest opinion. This is a game which provides the player with layer upon layer of depth- the more time you invest to master the complex and rewarding input, the more you'll get out of the game, and I love this game for that. It's not a game where you just mash buttons with "A to execute" for everything. You have to know what you're doing, and you must learn to do it well.

For the first time in many years, I'm acually thoroughly impressed, and feel every last penny of the $59.99 was worth it. If I could only own 1 game on the Wii U, this would be it, although Pikmin 3 would be a close second. This game is EVERYTHING I play games for. A masterpiece in the truest sense of the word.
  8. Sep 16, 2013
    This game represents the reason why we play games: to have fun and be challenged!
    You only have to be aware that it might take 1 or 2 hours of gameplay to be immersed in the challenge that awaits you. Enjoy the ride
  9. Sep 16, 2013
    Excellent game with an wonderful presentation. Controls are tight but do require practice to master. IGN made it clear it is not easy to master, but this doesn't mean they are not good at all. Certainly worth purchasing as more games like this should be promoted.
  10. Sep 18, 2013
    The Wonderful 101 is a whirlwind of action adventure that doesn't borrow from others. It holds it's own ground of originality that shows what happens when you get companys like Platinum Games and Nintendo on the same side. Don't mistake this to be a Pikmin like game because it is far from it.
    Visuals are top notch in a fluid 60fps stage of a fast paced action world of colorful particle
    effects and cleverly designed characters. The cartoon feel compliments the color pallet that drives the visuals to a certain degree of saturday morning fun.
    Gameplay, a little tricky at first proves it could be enjoyed by everyone. You have a choice to use the gamepad to execute wonder morphs, right analogue stick, or even the wii U pro controller. Drawing on the gamepad works but forces you to look away from the screen which I would recommend the right analogue for execution but luckily when the move is being preformed the whole world slows down so you can get it right without being pummeled right away. You can play the whole game on the gamepad but who doesn't want to admire this on the big screen.
    The soundtrack is the next best thing, it fits the game PERFECTLY giving you the super hero embrace of empowerment that just compliments each boss battle and scenario. This is no synthesized soundtrack but a full orchestra backing this up. They spared no expensive when it came to the soundtrack which every great game needs.
    Convincing voice acting delivers a good balance of witty humor and cheesy dialogue that reaches not only to the younger audience but with jokes that even adults can appreciate.
    The story isn't necessarily it's strong point but like many action series such as The Thunder birds and The Power Rangers, they all shared a weekly structure they kept you coming back for more that wasn't story driven. The Wonderful 101 even on it's easy mode will kick your butt but after completing it, you can go back for a second round but with enemies shuffled around forcing you to change your strategy.
    The Wonderful 101 shouldn't be ignored because of the child like themes but should be appreciated of what it achieves. All this may sound biased but I truly believe this is a system seller that shows off what the Wii U can do when a developer like Platinum Games builds a game from the ground up. If you were on the fence about The Wonderful 101 an eShop demo is available giving you a taste of things to come.
  11. Sep 20, 2013
    A game I waited so long for. A great fresh game with nice fast mechanics and plenty replay-ability. When I would be like 12 years old, I only would buy it for the box art and have the greatest time, like I had with Super Mario 64 and Smash Bros.. It´s Hideki Kamiya´s masterpiece: The mix of Viewtiful Joe, Okami and Bayonetta with a superhero theme and the intention, that everyone can be a hero. For some people the QTEs feel too much, the length of missions may be too long, and the sections with the GamePad in third person view may feel too gimmicky and hard, but I had no complaints. It will be hard for the sequel to top this. Expand
  12. Sep 16, 2013
    This game has an amazing thrill factor. The first hour you have no idea what you're doing, but this feeling is quickly replaced by pure adrenaline speeding through your body as you pull of fantastic combo's and dodge attacks at the last milliseconds. It's like you've suddenly become the commando leader of a group of power rangers and you get thrown into a laser firework show. This makes the gameplay the best of it's kind. This is probably the reason why every other aspect of the game is built around the gameplay (like it should in most games in my honest opinion). The artstyle resembles that of superhero comic books and plastic action toy figurines and the music is a big orchestra high tension themes, which gives the game this hyped feeling. The story has a few surprises, but you will be more entertained by all the different characters and little jokes.

The only reason this game doesn't have a 10 is the controls. You need to get used to them at first, but after a while you blaze through it with no problem. For people who don't like the touch screen, you can also use the right analog stick, which shouldn't give you any trouble. So the controls are fine, except for one small detail. When you do use the touch screen, you end up accidentally pushing the "Miiverse" button in the lower left corner a few times. This might get you out of the experience at some points.
  13. Sep 16, 2013
    Masterpiece. What should a video game be? I say equal parts fun, challenging, with some beautiful graphics. Wonderful 101 has this and it's a completely new experience! Part beat up, part street fighter, part star fox, part rpg. This game is in it's own class. Platinum games u have done well. Thank you.
  14. Nov 14, 2013
    Wonderful 101 is my personal game of the year 2013. What a game, was playing it again last night! Gonna go for full completion. It may take me quite some time. Starting to master the juggling now, even though I finished it in normal and had felt that I had the combat mastered, I was so wrong. The learning curve seems infinite. WHAT A GAME. GOTY for me too. I thought Pikmin 3 would be hard to top!! Expand
  15. Sep 18, 2013
    The Wonderful 101 defines innovation in modern video gaming. It serves subtle feelings of nostalgia within its theming (think Power Rangers meets Green Lantern meets Thunderbirds) and its ability to not hold your hand with freeze-frame tutorials that are infuriating and dominant in current games. It forces you to try every option available to you in almost any situation. While the camera angle draws comparisons to Pikmin, the actual gameplay is nearly incomparable to any other video game out there. I can't think of a video game in recent years that has felt this new, fresh and exciting. The controls do take some getting used to in the early missions but that's nothing you can't overcome with a gleeful sense of accomplishment once you learn to attack with 3 unite morphs at once (it's possible, though I have yet to try this tactic with all of the unite morph attacks).

I cannot recommend this game enough especially since the previews caused it to be the killer app that sold me on the Wii U console. After playing the game it is definitely the killer app for the Wii U currently. Do yourself a favour and do not miss out on this modern classic.
  16. Oct 20, 2013
    The Wonderful 101 truly is one of Platinum's best games so far.

The basic gameplay offers a lot of depth with various different weapons, which can be switched with a simple swipe on the touchpad or an easy motion with the control stick, a wide variety of enemy types, many different skills, and many different characters to play with. The combat takes some time to get used to, but once
    you get the hang of the controls and the mechanics of the game, then the combat becomes a very enjoyable and rewarding experience. The gameplay sometimes takes a detour with sections that play like Punch-Out!!, Space Harrier, and similar games (sadly not Star Fox). These detours feel very enjoyable and provide a nice extra variation to the gameplay.

The characters are very well stylized. The characters take on the "over the top" design that Kamiya often puts into his games, and pushes it to a new level. Most of the main characters, and even many of the side characters, in the game are filled with a unique personality, and the end result comes out to a very enjoyable story with a ton of fantastic dialogue and action.

The voice acting in this game is usually great. You can choose between Japanese and English voices and subtitles in the North American version of the game. Virtually all of the characters have fantastic voices in both languages, each of them unique and energetic. The exception being Wonder Pink's, one of the main female characters, English voice. Her voice can easily be painful on the ears, especially when she swoons over another character.

With a large selection of unlockables and secrets, many challenges, and extra difficulty modes, The Wonderful 101 is packed with replayablity. A single playthrough may take 15 hours or so, but the game tries its hardest to make you want to replay the game immediately after finishing playing, and it does a fantastic job at that.

This game is by far the best Wii U title to date, and it will probably keep that title for a very long time.
  17. Sep 21, 2013
    Near Perfect Game.To my sorrow,this game is too underestimated.All what you want is here.If you think you are a gamer,you must play this.I'm sure you'll never regret.
  18. Oct 6, 2013
    This game is for everyone who thinks the Wii U is too casual and doesn't have enough games for core gamers. This game will challenge you like the old days and when you begin to overcome a boss the size of Godzilla (and the W101 theme music starts to play) you'll be motivated to save the day again and again! Every Wii U owner owes it to themselves to try out this new IP as soon as possible.
  19. Oct 19, 2013
    This game has a lot of good things.
    good dialogs,good character,an adictive gameplay
    im very impresive of hideki kamiya. but i think this game
    is a mix of devil may cry and viewtiful joe. but still better than other games
    an excelent wii u exclusive. people should buy it
  20. Nov 1, 2013
    What do you get when a well known game developer creates a parody of all super hero movies, Power Rangers, and the average over-the-top anime? The answer is the Wonderful 101.

Quick Review
    *Gameplay is difficult and fun. Involves drawing lines with either the stylus or right analog stick, then turns into a strategic beat'em up. Contains sections that play almost exactly like Sin and
    Punishment, Punch-Out!!, and Gradius.
    *Graphics are visual appealing, and have a great cartoonish art style with a lot of variety.
    *Music is very good. Full soundtrack release worthy.
    *The story is surprisingly deep. Humorous with some serious moments with lots of character development. A lot of references to other games and anime.

Full Review
    This game is a perfect storm of comedy, seriousness, difficulty, fun, and innovation. If I'm not fighting a giant robot that can destroy half of a major city with one blast from its wrist lasers, to fighting against a team member in a serious battle. This game is an over-the-top roller coaster that every heavy gamer should play.

The game play of this game from the outside looks like a clone of Pimkin, but that cannot be more incorrect. Players collect heroes and the can "draw" a line with the Wonder Liner. Drawing a circle creates "Wonder Hand", a line makes "Wonder Sword", etc. Drawing the circle can either be drawn on the GamePad screen itself, or can be done by moving the right analog stick. This overall is a neat way of switching attacks and the different options to draw allows most players to find what is good for them and be happy with it.
    Once the player forms that attack he/she wants, the game plays like a beat'em up. Some attacks have power over others, there is dodging, countering, and many other aspects that play a role. It is an action game that requires strategy and using the tools available to the players advantage.
    Some Areas have the asynchronous game play come into play. This will require both screens unless one is only using the gamepad, then all they need to do is press minus, either switching screens or having both on one screen.
    For any fans of Sin and Punishment, Punch-Out!!, or Gradius, you'll be happy to hear that this game has many different game styles in various levels based off these games and more! The Punch-Out!! levels play exactly like Punch-Out!!, except with giant robots.

The graphics of the game are very crisp and shiny. It's not the most realistic, but the art style is very eye pleasing and goes along with the mood of the game very well. The locations are absolutely jaw dropping as well. If I am not fighting a three headed robotic dragon while falling from the top of a tall skyscraper, I'm fighting in a underwater base deep beneath the ocean's surface.

The music, how's the best way to put this? Let's just say, I shoved money at my TV immediately after hearing the music hoping I would get a soundtrack. The best music from a game I have heard in a while. It has the feeling of a super hero movie, but it has that cartoonish feel. My absolute favorite has to be the Wonderful 101 theme itself.

The story of this game is definitely over-the-top, but actually is more than decent. Essentially, Earth was attacked by aliens that formed an alliance called GETHJERK (actually a clever acronym for "Guild of Evil Aliens Terrorizing Humans with Jiggawatt bombs, Energy beams, Ray guns, and Killer lasers"). There is a pretty good amount of character development, with serious moments to add a break from the humor. This story hits a lot of classic tropes but more too parody them, especially long winded intros to equipment, attacks, enemies, and allies. I mean, even the name of the ultimate move includes twenty five words and final three times!, There are many references in the game to other games such as Viewtiful Joe, Sonic the Headhog, Lollipop Chainsaw; as well as from anime such as Gurren Lagan, and Evangelion.

Overall this game is definitely an early gem for the WiiU. If you like action games with comedic stories, this is the game for you!
    Definitely a 10/10
  21. Nov 15, 2013
    Positive : +Action-Packed +Epic Boss Battles +Charming Visuals +Amazing voice acting Negative : -Too Short Conclusion : This is a really Wonderful game! the combat is really fun and satisfying to play! the visuals in this game are really charming especially the character and enemy design! the problem is, this game is too short you can beat the game for 8 hours.. if you're looking for an action-packed game then i recommend that you buy this game!

Score 9.0
  22. Sep 30, 2013
    You have to be a souless human being to not like this game, the combat is incredibly fluid and satisfying, and, the game looks colorful and beautiful, the soundtrack is incredible, and it may have had some of the best boss battles in any game ever. The last chapter will make you go insane. The only thing which you may have difficulty with the steep learning curve, but once you climb your way up you'll find a pot of silver and gold waiting for you at the peek. It's probably the best game on wii u right now, and one of the best hack and slahes in a while Expand
  23. Sep 24, 2013
    Ultimately one of the freshest gaming experiences currently out there. The drawing mechanic is just superb when learned and implemented correctly. The game evolves in such a way that the player never knows what to expect next. Around the corner could be anything; don't be surprised if it's the next epic boss battle. The story is very fun and reminiscent of 90's cartoons. If you enjoy a rewarding challenge due to a steep learning curve then this game is for you. If you want to pack things up and play the same old tried and tested formulae well GTAV just released. If you want something new and fresh that challenges all you think you know abut gaming, pick this up as soon as possible. If you want to know what to expect visually check out the director's cut trailer on youtube. Also, there's a demo in the eshop. Download it and play it...no...not once...play it about 5 times. You will understand why come the fifth time. Because by the fifth time you have taught yourself how to play and you will feel like a champ. Expand
  24. Sep 18, 2013
    The W101 is a breath of fresh air on the WiiU. For those who are a bit over Mario and are looking for something with the equal amount of charm mixed with over the top action and combat then this is something you definitely want to try.

The combat at first can take a while to get used to but over time you get the hang of it. I did have some issues with the controls occasionally as some
    of the shapes on the gamepad need to be drawn quite accurately for it to 'unite'. The controls aren't perfect but they do work the majority of the time.

What makes this game stand out is its rich colours and the humour that the characters have. Some of the jokes are aimed more at teenagers/adults than young kids. The story, while over the top and a bit silly, has surprising depth which I was surprised to find. The characters are interesting and there is even a tragic flashback story for one of the main characters.

Mixed in with incredible combat, this is action that never lets go of you. From the moment you start the game to the incredibly climatic boss finale, you will rarely get a moment's rest. I was not disappointed with this game and for those who have played Platinum Games previous works, you can expect similar play styles to Bayonetta.

The gamepad is used reasonably well though nothing to make you go 'oh my god that was so clever!'. The game also doesn't explain itself fully to you so there will be times where you might be wondering around trying to work out what to do next but at the same time this is part of the fun of experimentation.

This is one game that I am very happy to have and glad I have my WiiU for.
  25. Sep 24, 2013
    This game is spectacular. It is absolutely beautiful to look at graphically and has a very fun, tongue-in-cheek sense of humor. The action is intense and a chaotic frenzy, with a definite need to learn as you go...but with practice you'll be pulling off amazing, fun, and satisfying combos.

Honest to God, I think that this game is worth buying a Wii U for....it seriously is that good.
    You will be smiling the entire time you play it. Its original and fresh. Highly recommend. Expand
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    One of the games that will be remembered by who play it and who have heared of it. Another awesome game by platinum and nintendo but it does have its negatives. But the positives outway them
  27. Sep 18, 2013
    Wonderful 101 takes the concept of "Nintendo hard" to a new generation. The characters are one dimensional, but unique and very entertaining. The gameplay is unforgiving, but highly entertaining and rewarding once the combos click with the player. Each episode brings a unique twist, with plenty of secrets to make the player rediscover each scene. Interesting enough, many of the characters share the same powers, but the game encourages the player to use every one of the heroes, but ranking each individual, therefore getting upgrades. Each villain has it's set of weakness, but the player evolves and adapts to each new threat that players face. Wonderful 101 is a fresh breath of air, and a much anticipated welcome to this amazing console. Expand
  28. Sep 21, 2013
    Deep engaging mechanics, gameplay variety, charming characters and jam-packed with content. If any game out there is more meticulously put together than this one, I'd like to know which game that is.

Here we have a game that is also a romp through gaming history. Whether it be the old school, extremely simplified and easy to comprehend or the ushering and utilization of a newer complex
    control scheme. This is truly a collision of old and new, that polishes each to their highest potential of brilliance.

Unafraid to revive older gaming staples, such as relentless difficulty and lack of explanation. And wholeheartedly giving the player who decides to experiment and use creativity to master the main battle system a sense of accomplishment that is becoming a relic of the past.

This giant, eclectic homage to a myriad of beloved franchises and childhood aspirations is the very epitome of how a video game can invoke a sense of nostalgia without the use of well-known, established household names. At the same time, The Wonderful 101 introduces the current generation to a dose of what it feels like to experience the birth of a fresh new, genre melding franchise.

Once you get hooked and over a huge hump of a learning curve, you'll want to pour that 101% of your effort to see this story through to its conclusion. And I dare you to play it just once.
  29. Sep 22, 2013
    This game is great, but you might not understand at the beginning, just like old games, but once you practice and learn how to use combos, yo will not stop playing, sincerely, people claim it is a bad thing that a game is difficult from the beginning but that what makes some games great, such as complex fighting games where you initially do nothing, bt later yo can pull off amazing moves. Buy it, you will not regret it. Expand
  30. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is just too good, I don't understand why it got some of these bad reviews. Its not perfect but the good definitely outweighs the bad by a large margin.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    The Wonderful 101 bursts with charm, humour and style. It is very easy to care for the characters and their universe. But frequent trouble with the controls breaks the tempo far too often. Something that also racks up the challenge unnecessarily high in an already hard game. But at the same time the battle system is a joy, if hard to master. It’s a very good game with some rough edges that feels very well needed on the Nintendo Wii U.
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    This is the kind of experience which Nintendo promised when it announced the console - the kind of experience it deserves.
    Full of ideas, humor and difficulty, The Wonderful 101 will keep you glued to the screen, which can be both good & bad. But a little bit of challenge from a difficult game never killed anyone, right? [Issue#234]