7.4

1. Jul 11, 2013
    The Game is absolutley Wonderful! The Graphics and Sounds are Cute, the Gameplay is addictive and the Puzzles are good placed and always beatable, if you stand still and think about it. After Toki Tori 2, you will never ever want to miss a Game from Two Tribes anymore.
  2. Apr 22, 2013
    I completely agree with Jackrov's review and I'm really sorry to see that people is so dumb nowadays (basing this observation on the "professional" reviews). This game feels exactly like the old time gems that made the history of the video game media (games for c64, nes, atari vcs etc.) where very little if nothing was explained to you and you had to figure out what to do and how to do and also why to do it. Toki Tori 2 feels the same, every area, every inhabitant of its world is surrounded by a halo of mystery like I hadn't experienced much in my latest years of gaming (Fez has been a rare example). Probably in this era of one-button mobile games there isn't the "enlightment" necessary to understand a game like this and in fact many reviewers complained about the lack of "tutorials, hints, motivation" etc. completely missing the point. It has been a bold choice for the developers to follow this road (and it's certainly hasn't been done to reduce the development costs because production value is outstanding for a game sold at this price and the soundtrack is amazing by the way). If you think that you are "deep" (or old) enough to understand a game like this please don't overlook it, it would really be a pity... Expand
  3. Jun 9, 2013
    Oh, bellissimo! I expected Toki Tori 2 to be a decent, solid puzzle game. But what I experienced was so much more! Playing this game, the love and affection that the developers have put into it is very evident. Everything runs smoothly, the colours are vibrant, the music is hypnotising. But most importantly, the puzzles are excellent! Toki Tori 2 takes the restriction of stomping and whistling and turns their usage into something so much more elaborate. The learning curve is perfect; newcomers to the game will find ways to progress to different exits as they learn more about how the game works, leading to many hours of potential replay-ability. Don't be fooled by Toki Tori's cute, "kiddish" charm. This game requires patience, timing and a lot of lateral thinking. Toki Tori may be adorable, but his quest to rescue his fellow chickens will involve much pain and even excruciating death. Overall, there is no way I can fault this game. It is nigh on perfect and made me smile the whole way through. If you are into puzzle games, Toki Tori 2 will surely not disappoint. It's right up there with the 2D Mario's and 2D Metroid's in terms of gameplay brilliance. And if you ever get stuck and are unsure what to do, take a deep breath, grab a snack and come back to it later. But whatever you do, don't give up! As the old saying goes: "If at first you don't succeed, whistle-whistle-WHISTLE-WHISTLE again." Expand
  4. Apr 18, 2013
    This game is stunning. Rarely I had the opportunity to feel so involved in a game on many levels: mind bending puzzles, a wonderful sense of exploration, things to be figured out on my own... What I find strange is that if a game is original, and has really something unique in it, it rarely gets very high scores. Just try it out, believe me. Money are not wasted (a lot of value and effort has been clearly put in this game) AND if it clicks with you, you can find ANYTHING like this around. It's a superb and intoxicating experience.
    Do you want an island that's basically a gigantic puzzling mechanism, open-world from the very beginning, where you don't need keys to open doors or power ups to pass previously locked scenarios? You can go everywhere if you figure out how to! It's refreshing, immersive and outstanding.
    I am close to the end of the game, but it's already amongst the best I played ever. And I played a lot of games.
    Don't underestimate this one, let yourself get lost in the gigantic puzzle-filled island, because unique experiences today are rare
  5. Apr 28, 2013
    Toki Tori 2 is the second game of the Toki Tori series. It's a really nice game, in a peaceful world, well, a peaceful world that is in trouble, where there is a chicken, which had skills, but now can only whistle and stomp. It's worth it, totally if you like puzzle or adventure.
  6. Aug 27, 2013
    Masterpiece. This is the only word that can describe this game. Imagine a metroid-style game where you can progress through a cohesive world, focused on resolving puzzles instead of the action game that metroid is, where the path you have to follow is only limited by your knowledge or your (lack of) imagination.
    In other words, in this game you don't upgrade your suit, but your brain.
    Through resolving some puzzles and seeing some mechanics you will understand that those paths you thought were dead ends were in reality part of a puzzle that you didn't know how to solve.
    In this game, the puzzles are part of the scenario, and you will need to understand really well what you can do and how you can do it.

The game is DIFFICULT, you need to think very well what you have to do in order to progress and you won't beat it through trial and error. The game not only requires you to figure what to do, but also to perform it at the exact moment, so if you simply perform the only two actions you can do (stomp and whistle) randomly the only thing you will achieve is to end frustrated and enraged.

All in all, one of THE BEST I've ever played, and one worth every Awesome.
  7. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is very nice. I really like this game and my child also play this game daily. He is lover of this Toki Tori 2 game. Thanks for sharing this news

8. Aug 24, 2014
    Toki Tori 2+ is gem of a game with perplexing game play, astounding graphics coupled with soothing soundtracks that inculcates aspect of nature which makes the game a delight. The cute protagonist though lack powers makes up with its habitat and creatures all around.

The games may be daunting at times but its so enticing and creative that every time you gets stuck, you keeps coming back
    for more - trying harder and harder to close the gap. Unlike other puzzle game - Toki Tori 2+ comes with cool background, art and music to provide an enriching game play that is not synonymous of the ubiquitous experience served these days - A fresh approach and soundtrack that drenched you in the divine acoustics is hard to come by. Toki Tori 2+ has all that deeply instilled within.

Toki Tori 2+ is by far the most refreshing and fresh game that I have played till date - Stretching more than 30+ hours of gameplay (if you are gunning for 100% achievement) is a welcome for such a great price tag- Best of the lot is despite perplexing gameplay and achievements, Toki Tori doesn't look bland or repetitive at all.

Toki Tori 2+ is a must have game if you like refreshing gameplay, platformer and puzzle genre- heck with a price tag so low I'd recommend grabbing the game with both hands just for the awesome sound and cute characters - The only gripe I has the lack of premium editon or OST purchase option for the game!

1. Aug 2, 2013
    Less of a platformer and more of a straight puzzler, Toki Tori 2 is right up the alley of those that love games requiring unconventional thinking. Its easy controls and basic gameplay ensure that anyone can pick it up and try it, while its difficulty curve, frequent sticking points and general lack of explanation means that only the most determined will finish it.
  2. Toki Tori 2 features puzzling of the highest order in a world that could afford to be a little more user-friendly. Be brave and give it a go.
  3. May 30, 2013