7.5

1. Aug 23, 2013
    I decided to go with this version over the others because of the Wii u features and off screen play. But was not sure it was any good due to no reviews. I have been playing it for several hours and I'm safe to say it's fantastic. Graphics and frame rate is great and off screen play is awesome. I've played all the splinter cells and this is one of the best. Don't understand why reviewers can't be arsed to review it on Wii u or if they have their reviews aren't on here but it's safe to say it's a great game. Collapse
  2. Aug 21, 2013
    The Wii U version is very good. There is no reason why the reviews on metacritic don't show up. Specific reviews will come, but reviews like IGN and the others also included the Wii U version. Metacritic, get your act up straight here...!!!!!!!!
  3. Aug 20, 2013
    Shocked there are no reviews yet. I'll keep it short. I've been playing Splinter Cell Blacklist on Wii U for the better part of today and have a very good idea of how it is. Breathe easy, it is actually really good. On par with the other versions, only the PC version outpaces it. A bonus is it doesn't have the screen tearing like the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. It all runs very smoothly, though I had slight hiccups in the frame rate during cutscenes. The gadgets like the little drone copter work in a really fun way on the gamepad. Best part is It came with the codes all copies come with for extra suits and weapons that help without actually cheating. The off screen play is very awesome, which is why I bought it. Runs pretty smooth. This isn't a port, it's a fully featured version created along side the other versions. Only thing missing is local co-op, all online features are there and still good.

All in all this version is the one to get, unless you want to play a ton of online. While it's actually very good, there isn't the big pool of players like other systems. The players that are there are fun to run around with. Community is pretty cool, just small. Hopefully that will change now that people are starting to pick up the system.
  4. Aug 28, 2013
    Simply awesome. This game had me glued to the TV addicted to the gameplay and story. The gamepad is used in useful ways. Switching between guns is easy and it acts as a camera sometimes. The load times suck but I can dig it. Recommended
  5. Aug 21, 2013
    i agree with the 9s and 10s below me except that one small problem i've found with the game is that i've thought that the mercs are maybe too strong. other than that the graphics are mind-****ing, the controls are solid, the story is really good so far, and i'm sure after a bit of time the MP will beef up a bit. i'm being a hard ass on the 8 it probably deserves a 9 but i loved CT so that's how i'm gonna judge this. Expand
  6. Aug 29, 2013
    The best stealth game I've played in years and easily the best on the Wii U in that genre (not saying much I guess). The campaign is a blast and there are many coop missions to play afterwards as well as the spies VS mercs multiplayer mode. The game features all kinds of upgrades you can purchase including upgrades for your guns, gadgets and even for the Paladin plane itself (radar...). The story is pretty good and is entertaining enough (pretty good ending too). Some of the later levels are fairly challenging but the difficulty curve is perfect. Definitely recommended. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2013
    The campaign gives a fresh twist to a tried story, and is thoroughly enjoyable. The graphics are incredible and the mechanics are great. It's missing local coop though, and you won't find many people playing it online. I was able to pick it up for $30, and it was well worth it!!!
  8. Aug 22, 2013
    As a fan of both Chaos Theory AND Conviction, I was eagerly anticipating the release of this game, since it features gameplay from both. I was a bit worried that the combination would fall flat, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could play the game how I wanted to a combo of both without feeling cheated. The game looks great on my big-screen TV, sounds great on my stereo, the GamePad features are amazing (don't have to use the radial menu to choose gadgets, using it to control the Tri-Rotor is awesome IMO, and off-TV play means I can join my wife in bed and still play the game) and the variety of gameplay is top-notch.

The only knocks I have are that the controls are clunky in some areas (sometimes I want to jump up to a pipe, but I end up opening a door; I was trying to shoot a guy from a pipe on the ceiling, he moved just as I shot and this alerted him to my presence, and when I went to return fire a big X replaced my reticle and I was told there was no target) and the load times are God-awful. Hopefully, Ubisoft will fix these things via patch.
  9. Oct 18, 2013
    splinter cell black list: by far the best splinter cell of recent times. WiiU have the best version of this game more detailed graphs, frame hater more stable, and vsync ON, the mode spy vs mercy and also a lot of fun all WiiU owners should have this game in his collection.
  10. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is a great example of what the Wii U can do. The GamePad was put to good use for a variety of actions and interface needs. I enjoyed being able to customize my loadout and to store some loadouts in my base.

I think one of the best aspects of this game is how you are rated at the end of each mission. You're ranked in three categories that reflect your style of gameplay. It
    gives the player a reason to revisit missions to either raise their scores or to play in a different manner.

The story was compelling and the presentation reminded me fondly of the Mass Effect trilogy. Overall I think that Wii U owners should definitely get this game.
  11. Oct 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ciertamente no comprendo esa intencionalidad absurda de los gamers actuales de perseguir el fracaso de una consola. Wii U se ha rebalsado de críticas y malos comentarios de personas que ni siquiera la han probado. Es cierto que el catálogo de cada consola no necesariamente debe ser del gusto de todos, pero me parece de idiotas el querer que “otra opción” desaparezca. La única consecuencia que traería esto, es que se genere un monopolio de los video juegos, precios mucho más elevados y reducción en la variedad de los mismos. Por favor, antes de criticar por criticar deberían conocer a fondo las cosas, y si no les gusta, bueno, simplemente elijan otro producto. A mí, Wii U me entretiene más que cualquier otra plataforma, pero no por eso he dejado de pasarlo bien con un juego en PC o en PS3 o XBOX.

Ahora, centrándome netamente en lo que es Splinter Cell Blacklist para Wii U, debo recomendarlo 100% a todo quien le guste este estilo, una mezcla de shooter estrategia demasiada bien lograda. Llevo días jugándolo, y la verdad es que cada vez la historia te engancha más. Los diferentes estilos de juego y también los variados niveles de dificultad, hacen que se ajuste excelentemente a tus capacidades y que la repetitividad propia de cada juego se vea disminuida de manera considerable. El modo online, las misiones alternativas, la integración vía Smartphone y por sobre todo la utilización del Gamepad especial de la consola Wii U, lo transforman de por si en una obra maestra. El menú a mano, el uso como cámara espía, el control de robots o el ataque aéreo que te permite la utilización de un mando de este estilo, te sumergen como en ninguna otra plataforma a una historia de la vida real. He probado en su totalidad los juegos de la Saga Splinter Cell, y debo admitir que esta entrega ha sido por lejos la mejor, y en gran medida por las características que solo Nintendo y Wii U proporcionan.
    Creo que si se incluyera el modo cooperativo local y se implementaran los controles nunchuck y “wii remote plus” como arma con mira, el juego sería extraordinario, lo mejor del año.

SPLINTER CELL BLACKLIST WII U
  12. Oct 21, 2013
    A great game This version lets u play off tv and use some touch controls which I thought it was great The graphics are ok And I liked the cutscenes and voice acting Buy this game for xbox or wiiU or PC or ps3 Just buy it
  13. Mar 30, 2014
    Excellent game, one of the most played on my Wii-u. Graphics and effects are great, but the game has tons of content and different missions and play styles. Online is great too, tough the servers could be better. a problem seen on the other ports as well. Best splinter cell to date ; don't miss it !
  14. Oct 30, 2013
    The game is great! Great graphics, great controls, but lacked the local co-op that the other consoles had. The online co-op was easier to find a partner, but Spies vs. Mercs was a bit more difficult. There were many gliches and freezes that occurred when launched, but the other consoles experienced the same thing. Overall, if you are a Splinter Cell fan, this is a must have. There are DLC available as well to expand the game play.

Instagram: Game_Row
  15. May 4, 2014
    I love games that let you decide how you want to play. And the fact that Splinter Cell Blacklist scores you based on, and lets you “master” three different play styles really adds to the replay-ability and overall awesomeness. The load times are pretty lengthy though
  16. Aug 6, 2014
    Splinter Cell makes up for its rather short campaign in robust fighting mechanics and stealth movement. The Wii U version takes the gamepad, and although doesn't use it to it's full capacity, does make good use of it for weapon selection. A recommended buy if you're an action fan who's grown tired of Call of Duty.
  17. Aug 23, 2013

1. Oct 24, 2013
    Consistently competent and without great ambitions beyond the volume of content, Blacklist is not the definitive experience of Splinter Cell, but reunites the series.
    We can say that Ubisoft did what was expected of an adaptation of Blacklist for Wii U. Without adding new content and unique functions that would elevate the game to a new level, it opted to keep a similar experience in all versions, the difference being that the Wii U adapts some mechanics to the GamePad.
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    Ubisoft takes bold steps with tradition in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist in an attempt to please as many as possible, but by doing so dilutes the game's stealthy strength in favour of chasing new audiences.