7.6

1. Jan 24, 2014
    Unepic is about as far from actually being, erm, unepic as you can possibly imagine. Having released here in the UK only a few short days ago, I perhaps unsurprisingly couldn't find much in the way of reliable reviews through the usual channels, but having been genuinely intrigued by it's backstory and eShop trailer, I decided to take a punt on Unepic anyway. And long story short, I'mUnepic is about as far from actually being, erm, unepic as you can possibly imagine. Having released here in the UK only a few short days ago, I perhaps unsurprisingly couldn't find much in the way of reliable reviews through the usual channels, but having been genuinely intrigued by it's backstory and eShop trailer, I decided to take a punt on Unepic anyway. And long story short, I'm absolutely thrilled that I did, because this game is really rather special.

I'll endeavour to leave more detailed impressions once I've finished the game, and experienced at least two of it's three different endings. In the meantime however, I just wanted to write a line or two for those still on the fence as whether to grab this one or not. Well, as you might have guessed, my advice on the matter is overwhelmingly straightforward -- if you're a fan of 2D metroidvania-style games, platformers, RPG's, adventures, exploration, or just plain old addictive gameplay, then this ones a no-brainer, and you should jump right into Unepic with confidence. Yep, this one is an absolute belter!

Hope this helps!
  2. Feb 27, 2014
    A fun game but be warned you play on your Wii U pad not your TV. This is not a bad thing but it could have been better full screen. The game is fun and like a mix of Mario and Zelda games. Chests, swords, enamies.

1. Sep 25, 2014
    Unepic manages to successfully fill the gap between today and classic video games of the past as The Maze of Galious.
  2. Requires a forgiving gamer to see it from start to end. [March 2014, p.78]
    Unepic is a solid game that holds up very well throughout. It offers up a stiff challenge, while maintaining a sound sense of humour, and will go down especially well with those of us that remember (or still play) all-night Dungeons & Dragons sessions.