7.4

1. Jan 18, 2014
    An excellent game, bought the PC version. Saw it released on the Wii-U and picked it up. I'm putting a lot more time into the Wii-U version. I find the inventory on the gamepad easier to work with, especially when shifting between weapons. Unepic does a good job of mixing classic RPG, Questing, Platforming and Crafting. The game play is more on the casual side with lots of humor (teen/adult) in the mix. Expand
  2. Jan 24, 2014
    Unepic is about as far from actually being, erm, unepic as you can possibly imagine. Having released here in the UK only a few short days ago, I perhaps unsurprisingly couldn't find much in the way of reliable reviews through the usual channels, but having been genuinely intrigued by it's backstory and eShop trailer, I decided to take a punt on Unepic anyway. And long story short, I'm absolutely thrilled that I did, because this game is really rather special.

I'll endeavour to leave more detailed impressions once I've finished the game, and experienced at least two of it's three different endings. In the meantime however, I just wanted to write a line or two for those still on the fence as whether to grab this one or not. Well, as you might have guessed, my advice on the matter is overwhelmingly straightforward -- if you're a fan of 2D metroidvania-style games, platformers, RPG's, adventures, exploration, or just plain old addictive gameplay, then this ones a no-brainer, and you should jump right into Unepic with confidence. Yep, this one is an absolute belter!

Hope this helps!
  3. Feb 4, 2014
    Unepic is an interesting, well designed game that really appeals to my enjoyment of exploration in videogames. The Wii U interface using the touchpad makes playing the game very fluid. The writing is a little weak in places, and the combat is a bit basic, but it's definitely something that will soak up a lot of time if you like exploring in games.
  4. May 23, 2014
    Surprisingly long game, easily over 20 hours, it can be really challanging at times. A true "indie" game that's not perfect but has lots of heart. It has multiple languages support, and plays better on Wii than on Pc thans to the gamepad to manage the huuuge amount of itens and spells.
  5. Mar 24, 2014
    This is a fantastic platforming RPG. with comical references to D&D to Spaceballs. I've thoroughly enjoyed this game especially after the recent update. And no you don't play only on the gamepad.... This is a full game for a great price. Try the game, you'll enjoy it!
  6. Feb 27, 2014
    A fun game but be warned you play on your Wii U pad not your TV. This is not a bad thing but it could have been better full screen. The game is fun and like a mix of Mario and Zelda games. Chests, swords, enamies.
  7. Jul 7, 2014
    I love this game. I am on my third play through. The first time I tried it on Hard +. Then I started over on Hard ++, but when I got to the end I found it IMPOSSIBLE. So now I've started over on Hard + and I hope to finish it. Once I lit the first torch, I was hooked. Sort of like in Shovel Knight - as soon as you dig that first mound of gems you are addicted to the game.

1. Requires a forgiving gamer to see it from start to end. [March 2014, p.78]
    Unepic is a solid game that holds up very well throughout. It offers up a stiff challenge, while maintaining a sound sense of humour, and will go down especially well with those of us that remember (or still play) all-night Dungeons & Dragons sessions.
  3. Feb 25, 2014
    It is a work with a satisfying narrative projection, based on good moments of humor, right battle system and fully adjusted to the GamePad Wii U.