5.7

1. Nov 18, 2014
    The idea of the game is really good and interesting, but after 2-3 hours it is totally boring. Hacking is boring, gameplay is boring, Chicago is boring and story is boring too. It's a GTA clone without satire, humor and charm. Game without a soul. The story execution makes you yawn.
    A complete disappointment.
  2. Nov 18, 2014
    The 'hacking' is horrible, the health/hurt is horrible, the driving and cars are horrible. After a while, everything's the boring same. The AR mini games are fun, thank god for those, but only once or twice. The problem isn't just not living up to the enormous hype, it's just not a good game. The story is ridiculous and I can't help but HATE the very self absorbed, annoying main character.The 'hacking' is horrible, the health/hurt is horrible, the driving and cars are horrible. After a while, everything's the boring same. The AR mini games are fun, thank god for those, but only once or twice. The problem isn't just not living up to the enormous hype, it's just not a good game. The story is ridiculous and I can't help but HATE the very self absorbed, annoying main character. Zero replay value. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2014
    Watch Dogs genuinely displays everything that is wrong with video gaming nowadays: - Derivative rip off storyline Ubi ripped off from Person of Interest. - Gameplay copy-pasted from other Ubisoft titles. - Gimmicky and dead "open" world with only collectibles being there to pad out the gameplay time. - Under-delivered promises, lies, expectations not met. And yet the average casual gamerWatch Dogs genuinely displays everything that is wrong with video gaming nowadays: - Derivative rip off storyline Ubi ripped off from Person of Interest. - Gameplay copy-pasted from other Ubisoft titles. - Gimmicky and dead "open" world with only collectibles being there to pad out the gameplay time. - Under-delivered promises, lies, expectations not met. And yet the average casual gamer will eat that sh*t up like no tomorrow. Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2014
    There's hardly anything good about this game. The AI is absolutely horrid, the hacking isn't even all that interesting, and nearly all of the missions are the same. It's kinda fun for about 2 hours, but then things get repetitive. The city isn't that interesting and doesn't look that good either. It's a good game to pick up if you manage to find it for $5 or less.
  5. Nov 18, 2014
    This game is mediocre at best. The story is very boring & the missions is extremely repetitive. "Aiden," the main character, is absolute garbage. He's one of the worst characters in any game I've ever played. His gravelly, monotone voice is annoying, and he really brings nothing to the game. Ubisoft would have been better off having a voiceless, nameless character for their lead, as AidenThis game is mediocre at best. The story is very boring & the missions is extremely repetitive. "Aiden," the main character, is absolute garbage. He's one of the worst characters in any game I've ever played. His gravelly, monotone voice is annoying, and he really brings nothing to the game. Ubisoft would have been better off having a voiceless, nameless character for their lead, as Aiden just sucks. Another horrible aspect of the game is the driving, which is absolutely horrendous. Expand
  6. Nov 19, 2014
    So boring & so repetitive.
    Here are the missions :
    1 - Go to a random grey building
    2 - Press or Hold "X" to hack
    3 - Hurray!
    4 - Repeat
    This game is absolutely boring garbage.
  7. Nov 18, 2014
    1) Boring story.
    2) Boring gameplay.
    3) Boring and repetitive missions.
    4) Boring hacking. ("Hold X to hack"? Seriously?)
    5) Boring and clichéd protagonist.
    6) Banal and boring dialogues.
    7) Boring mini-games.
    8) Boring Chicago.
    The game is full of clichés and uninteresting characters. Are you serious Ubicrap? 0/10
  8. Nov 19, 2014
    I cant understand the bad ratings here.

For me its the best Watchdogs. Okay the Graphics are not so good like on PS4 or Xbox One, but the WiiU Gamepad makes the differnce.
    Its a cool feature to hack the people with the pad or us the map.
  9. Nov 19, 2014
    It's like GTA without satire.
    It's like Saints Row without fun.
    It's like Sleeping Dogs without fights.
    The game gets boring after a couple of hours!!
  10. Nov 19, 2014
    - Stupid AI.
    - Hacking system not interesting.
    - Stupid story.
    - Boring & repetitive missions.
    - Poor graphics.
    - Bad shooting system.
    Looks like a cheap copy of GTA.
  11. Nov 18, 2014
    Great game.......................................................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Nov 19, 2014
    Brain dead AI.
    Cliched and boring story.
    Boring Chicago.
    Carton cars.
    You cant fight.
    This game is really boring. Worst game of 2014? Could be. Thanks you Ubilol.
  13. xrr
    Nov 20, 2014
    I don't want to spend a lot of time to write in details why this game is bad as I already wasted 70 EUR.

- Graphics are a shame : Strong and permanent aliasing (welcome back to the PS2 era) Half of the world pops up (when driving above 20 MPH) - Gameplay is at an alpha stage : Driving a car makes me laugh Driving a bike makes me cry Can't jump (and this is annoying) This is a

- Graphics are a shame :
    Strong and permanent aliasing (welcome back to the PS2 era)
    Half of the world pops up (when driving above 20 MPH)

- Gameplay is at an alpha stage :
    Driving a car makes me laugh
    Driving a bike makes me cry
    Can't jump (and this is annoying)

This is a first time I write a review online because it is the first time I felt raped.
    Also, because I find it less painful than actually playing to the game.

I am sure some part of you is still thinking that Watch Dogs could be a good deal if bought used against 20 bucks. It is NOT.

This game is boring, totally (and will make you sick).
  14. Nov 19, 2014
    The game isn't the best in the world, but its still a decent port and fun to play. I suspect the reason this game is getting so much crap is due to the recent Ubisoft hate band wagon. I don't agree with their business practices, but that won't effect my review on a game unlike other people. >_>
  15. Nov 18, 2014
    fANTASTIC game .........................................................................................................................................................................................
  16. Nov 25, 2014
    I doesn't fix any of its problems but it looks and runs fine for the console, for the most part.
    Its not great but its better than the PS3/X360 versions.
  17. Dec 2, 2014
    Ignore the 0 score nonsense. This is one of the best open world sandbox games in existence.

Graphics: 7 out of 10 Let's get one thing out of the way. The frame rate isn't perfect BUT it's not perfect on any console. It runs well enough. The only time you notice the drops is while driving in certain areas, but it's not bad and never hinders the gameplay. There's only a few places,

Graphics: 7 out of 10
    Let's get one thing out of the way. The frame rate isn't perfect BUT it's not perfect on any console. It runs well enough. The only time you notice the drops is while driving in certain areas, but it's not bad and never hinders the gameplay. There's only a few places, and only during the day, where the drop is really noticeable.

Other than that the graphics are great. Especially at night while it's raining. The rain and water on the road looks amazing. I took 2 points away for the frame rate not being perfect and 1 point because even though the game looks great, it could look a little better. These two things are just a result of deadlines and a lack of effort by the developers. The Wii U is capable of more. They just didn't do it. Having said that the game actually does some things better than the PS4 in my opinion so I can't really complain. They did a good job.

Gameplay: 10 out of 10
    Just wandering around the city, profiling people, and hacking their information is fun and addictive. Driving is nicely done with tons of different vehicles that all have different attributes and handle differently. I see some reviews saying the frame rate makes the controls sluggish. That's nonsense. The controls for some vehicles are very sluggish, but that's just how those vehicles control. They're all different and you can pick the best one to handle a particular situation. And that's the best part about Watch Dogs. You can have several objectives for missions, or side missions, that are the same, but how you got about completing them can be different every time. You get to choose how you want to complete a mission. This adds replay value as it's just fun to try and play the game differently. And if you get bored doing one thing there's TONS of other things for you to do and they are all fun. Tired of taking out convoys? Sit down for a game of poker. Tired of fighting crime? Go hop in a giant spider tank. Tired of the spider tank? Do a campaign mission. Tired of that? Go hack someone's router and invade the privacy of their home. You are rewarded for all of it. Every little side mission or investigation you take on rewards you and in various ways and eventually unlocks new content. All this content is addictive. I never get bored playing this game. I can't put it down. And if you don't like a particular activity you have the choice to simply not do it and you won't be punished. The only requirement is the campaign missions. Everything else is optional but I highly recommend you try out everything. Plus completing them unlocks new weapons, abilities, or vehicles. Speaking of vehicles. Once you've unlocked them you can simply order them with your smartphone app. So you always have them at the ready when needed. This is not available during missions so keep that in mind.

Online: 8 out of 10
    And just when you're about to call it quits and go to bed someone will invade your game and try to hack you. Your job is to hunt them down and take them out. These one on one cat and mouse hack matches are a blast. They're challenging and offer a lot of room for creativity on both hacking, and evading your oppnent.

I haven't tried an online race yet, but I can't imagine that being a bad thing. 2-4 players can face off in a race through the city. I'm betting all the players can try to hack things to slow down the others. I'm sure it's a blast.

Profiling. Another cat and mouse where you basically just observe the other player by blending in and trying not to get caught. It's also a lot of fun. It's like the hacking but without the hacking and you need to stay close to your opponent.

CTOS chase. In this one you race through check points in the city while another player controls the city infrastructure, and the police, and tries to stop you. I have yet to be the one to control the city, but the driving part is a blast. Evading the police, and traps, is challenging and exciting.

If you own a Wii U this is a must have for your library. It has off tv play for the gamepad which is the most underrated feature ever. Don't believe me? Wait till you get married and your wife wants to watch The Bachelor and you want to game. No problem. Plug in some headphones to the gamepad and you're good to go. The other gamepad feature is an interactive map of the city always at the ready. This is GREAT to have in a game like this with so many icons on the map and you can just set waypoints with the touch of the screen. The only disappointing part is the gamepad would have been great for the hacking mini game or controlling cameras. I wish that was there, but it's not. Still the features that are there with the gamepad aren't available on the other consoles and that makes this the best version of the game in my opinion. Buy it.
  18. Nov 25, 2014
    I feel sorry for Watch Dogs and all the criticism it's getting, mainly because of Ubisoft's current reputation and the immature gamers who don't give the actual games themselves a chance. After feel discouraged by some pretty ropey graphics and wobbly frame-rate, I managed to adjust my focus to how solid the gameplay itself is. Gameplay is deep and surprisingly varied for a Ubisoft game.I feel sorry for Watch Dogs and all the criticism it's getting, mainly because of Ubisoft's current reputation and the immature gamers who don't give the actual games themselves a chance. After feel discouraged by some pretty ropey graphics and wobbly frame-rate, I managed to adjust my focus to how solid the gameplay itself is. Gameplay is deep and surprisingly varied for a Ubisoft game. Hacking puzzles in and out of missions are almost always enjoyable and strangely exciting; especially the Grandma's Bulldog mission in Act 2/3? Driving, at first felt sub-par GTA quality but once you get used to the distinctly different control style, the driving is just as enjoyable as GTA, if not more-so when the hacking abilities are utilised. There is A LOT to do in Watch Dogs, though most of the activities are mission based and none are really based on having a good time (unlike GTA). Some of the missions have the dreaded insta-fail style to them, much to everyone's despair, though practice makes perfect right? Despite a fairly linear mission design, you can approach them in any way you wish, be it full on-assault, a fiesta of hacking distractions and takeouts, or simply evading enemies altogether, it's mostly up to you how you carry out missions. The story, I thought was pretty solid and engaging, while the voice acting is superb, save for a few poorly developed characters. In terms of the protagonist, he's a marmite kinda guy, some may think he's a self-indulgent idiot, others will think he's the perfect image for modern day masculinity and male protagonists; tough, but not ashamed to show emotion. The only thing I really detested about Watch Dogs is the music/soundtrack; IT. IS. AWFUL! From the licensed soundtrack selection, to the in-game music, it is completely discardable and unmemorable.

Graphics: 7.5.
    Gameplay: 9.0.
    Features: 9.0.

Overall: A minor masterpiece with a delicious buffet of missions, exploration, plot elements, and hacking mini-games with only a few technical shortcomings and a poorly selected soundtrack to hold it back. 8/10.
  19. Dec 4, 2014
    Fácilmente la peor versión del juego, no puedo darme el privilegio de ser flexible... Desuso catastrófico del gamePad, peores gráficos, peor FrameRate y peor jugabilidad, contrasta un 100% con lo que es un buen port como lo es Need For Speed: Most Wanted U y la versión de PS4 del juego, lastima que una gran consola como lo es Wii U reciba esta basura de ports.
  20. Dec 11, 2014
    I can't believe I bought another Ubisoft game for my Wii U after ZombiU, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Assassin's Creed III and Black Flag. Sure they're great games but they're the only good AAA games in the entire Ubisoft recent catalog... Even the first Assassin's Creed was a shallow piece of crap and don't get me started on their recent PC ports!

I gave this studio and its people a

I gave this studio and its people a chance to redeem themselves at least on the Wii U and now they have chosen to ignore this console and focus on next-gen consoles with better graphics... What better graphics!? I've played The Crew's Closed Beta on PC at maximum settings and the game looks like it came out before 2008! And I'm not going to mention AC: Unity which is a port nightmare. O how far you've fallen Ubisoft? Well not that far considering you've always been in it for the cash only always making the same versions of the same mediocre games...

It is now the time for us to part ways, at least you've made some good games on the Wii U and I'm still having fun with those but to get anymore of my money you'll have to really change your approach on gaming and go back to your roots. It's not so much about graphics as it is about gameplay!
  21. Dec 3, 2014
    This is just a very mediocre, straight up Xb360 & Ps3 port, with even worse framerate than those systems. Ubisoft was definitely lying when they said this game would look better than on the last-gen consoles. If you want quality third-party games, then you'll send the wrong signal by supporting this game.

There are much better third-party games for the Wii U out there, you're better off supporting those instead. Just take my word for it, don't waste your money on this junk, unless you find it almost for free at the bottom of the bargain-bin pile.
  22. Nov 26, 2014
    I feel like Watch dogs on Wii U is kind of a lazy port from Ubisoft. It didnt came with any dlc, because the other platforms did have dlc and it came 6 months earlier. But at its core its still Watch dogs and it still is a solid title.
  23. Dec 6, 2014
    Good game, nice stealth mechanics.
    Very immersive and takes time to master.

Pros:
    + immersive city
    + diversity of main and side missions

Cons:
    - sometimes unresponsive controls
    - 6 month delay...seriously, why?

1. Dec 17, 2014
    There's no reason to buy this WiiU version over any other, especially because the framerate can be very choppy at times, but the game itself is still worthy if you didn't' have the chance to play it elsewhere.
  2. Dec 17, 2014
    Watch Dogs for Wii U is still a fun game but it is just poorly made. There are a lot of technical problems and driving in particular is really bad. We had to wait six extra months for a mediocre game.
  3. Dec 16, 2014
    With this porting from the PS3 and the Xbox 360, something has gone terribly wrong. Not only the Wii U hardware hasn’t been used in the right way, but in six months nothing interesting has been added to the game by the developers. I you only own a Wii U, and you’ve never played LEGO City Undercover, only than you could give this a try.