7.0

1. Dec 13, 2013
    Since downloading this software a month ago I have been calling it Wii Fit because essentially it is Wii Fit Plus and a few new games and features. I had hoped for a complete remodeling of the Wii Fit concept, so what I got was disappointing. I would have preferred Nintendo take another year and then release something a lot more innovative. The good thing about Wii Fit U is the price. Since I already had a balance board all I had to pay for was the Fit Meter(a pedometer which tracks altitude as well as movement). So the new software and the meter only cost me about $25.

Others have criticized Wii Fit for not offering enough challenge. This is still true. Wii Fit U doesn't offer much to challenge you, or to help burn calories quickly. I am using it as a hub to upload and track my calorie totals using the Fit meter. I can see how many calories I have burned over the past few days, and track my BMI for the purpose of hitting goals. That is about the extent of my use of the new stuff. The new features aside from the new games Wii Fit U offers are not much of a draw for me. I'm not using the gym feature. I am using the Fit meter goals, but they are quite lame, and I think I probably won't make use of those in the future.

This software is very disappointing to me even with the price offered to owners of a balance board.

1. May 11, 2014
    Wii Fit U is the second updated edition of Wii Fit. More of the same, then. Which is mainly a good thing. [Feb 2014]
  2. Mar 23, 2014
    Although it doesn't serve as a replacement for regular exercise, Wii Fit U is probably the best game in its genre, and with the existence of the Fit Meter, is a great way to keep track of and accompany daily activities.
  3. Jan 24, 2014
    If your goal is simply to be more active, of if you're just starting to dabble in dedicated personal fitness, Wii Fit U will probably fit the bill. If you're willing to put in the legwork to create a regular regimen and stick with it, you can definitely get a good workout. Anyone seeking detailed fitness guidance and structure should look elsewhere.